Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
You Again [S]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 4:08:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Ugh. The heck was ? Did he seriously mean it when he said he'd bike his way over here? A, they were on an island, and B, Isaac was dying here! Of boredom! Ugh. He'd have to hook that guy up with a teleporting Pokemon some day. Having a Ralts changed his life.[break][break]

Fuck. He missed Echo.[break][break]

The bad news was that, until they could get a proper medical opinion on Isaac's partially-rejuvenated injuries, he was forced to spend his days cooped up in this hospital. The worse news was that, until they could get a proper League opinion on his defector status, he'd be spending those days on the edge of his seat. It turned out you didn't just walk out of Team Rocket and land in a cushy gym leader position. Who knew?[break][break]

Maybe had the right idea keeping her head down during her stay. It paid off for her big time.[break][break]

Okay, that wasn't quite fair. Isaac had kept quite the spotless record when it came to hiding his identity. Only a handful of people knew who he had once been, and he trusted they'd keep that secret to the grave. He wasn't revealing his identity because he needed to. He was revealing it because he wanted to. He was fed up with Rocket. He was fed up with secrets. He was fed up with lying. The only way he could finally set this life behind him was by baring his truth to more than a handful of people.[break][break]

Doug had been one of them, and that would be as good a chance of any to kill two birds with one stone. A trusted friend of the League and decorated soldier, pointing his way and going "yeah, he's legit?" Pair with a testimony from like half of Hoenn's active gym roster, and maybe even weighing in, and presto. He'd have quite the case.[break][break]

He also knew that, with his luck, it could never be that easy. With a groan, Isaac laid back against his pillow, wondering just what curveball would be thrown his way tonight.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
You Again [S]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 21:21:19 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]Greyson trudged through the grey hallways of the hospital in silence. Greetings by hospital staff were met with a half-nod, while those in patient gowns slightly more-so.
[break][break]
He hadn't quite made up his mind, when he looks up and realizes he was at the door.
[break][break]
Knocking politely, Greyson steps inside. He finds his face naturally flipping into a frown, at he stands at the edge of the bed.
[break][break]
" ."

[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #2a879e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
You Again [S]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 17:29:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Thank goodness. The interminable wait was over. Isaac perked up a little at the quick, polite knock on his door. "Hell, it's about time. Good to see ya, D-"[break][break]

Isaac froze. Since when did knock?[break][break]

Sure enough, it wasn't everyone's favorite dubiously legal medic waiting at the door. It was someone Isaac had met once, exactly once, but who he would nonetheless never forget. It wasn't every day that a man fought through an entire warehouse of grunts, then had enough spring left in his step to plant Isaac in the ground.[break][break]

Until recently, it was the worst storm Isaac had ever weathered.[break][break]

"Greyson. Long time no see, huh?" Shit. This was going to become a whole Thing now, huh? Instead of , , and Doug getting him on his feet on the down-low, official channels were now all too aware of him. He was sure there'd be official HBIC processing later, but for now? Only a staredown with a ghost from his past.[break][break]

"Hoping you're feeling way less shit than I am, man."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
You Again [S]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 0:38:31 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson-main"]
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Isaac's easy-going personality meets Greyson and slides directly right off.

"Last we met you brought a warehouse down on my team and I."

No jokes, no smiles, no amusement.

"And now you're here to seek asylum with the League."

Despite himself, Greyson's teeth clenches, his voice bitter and doubtful. He'd never seen the other man's face before, but the reaction of pulsing anger that accompanies it, is hard to control.

"The question remains: why should we not just toss you in a dark hole and forget about you?"

[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#2a879e; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
You Again [S]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 4:35:32 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"A lot's happened since then."[break][break]

Way back when, Isaac had basically been a hired goon. He stole shit and roughed up street toughs, all while Rocket put up a front of beating the League at their own game. Meteno changed everything. Rocket's true nature was always there, but he had been blind to it until Walsh tore its facade away to mass applause.[break][break]

But was he truly blind to it? Or had he willed himself into comfortable ignorance?[break][break]

"Way I see it? I've got two hands, six badges, a team full of powerhouses, and a freshly lit drive to see Rocket taken apart. I should've died at 's hands, but I ended up with a second chance. I want to use it for the right reasons." It was a surprisingly utilitarian view. No minimizing of his mistakes and his crimes. No weasel words or harebrained schemes. Just that he was here, willing, and capable.[break][break]

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. I don't deserve it. But is revenge gonna change what's already happened?" Beneath his easygoing tone, fatigue and pain bubbled beneath the surface. He'd already paid the price, and he would for the rest of his life.[break][break]

What cell could be deeper and darker than the one in his mind?

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
You Again [S]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 5:16:59 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]"Revenge?" He echoes, an eyebrow raised. "If I wanted revenge Isaac there isn't a person in a dozen miles who could stop me, not to mention who would even hold it against me."

His hands curl around the cold, white metal of the hospital bed.

"Nevertheless, betrayed by, and betraying, the terrorist organization you dedicated yourself to, doesn't instantly qualify you for the League's protection. Not only are you a potential threat, you're a fickle minded one at that."

His voice turns.. cold. Colder than it had even at the thread of imprisonment.

"What finally convinced you? Was it the fact they murdered hundreds, if not thousands in Kanto? Or perhaps when they were ripping the Shellder from the tails of Slowbro, forcing them to painfully go through deevolution?" He pauses, blowing air through his nose at his next point. "Maybe it was the fact they released death itself in the center of Sootopolis, killing dozens of innocent people and Pokemon?"

He can't keep the anger that leaks into his voice.

"Which will it be then? ignorance or innocence? What excuse will you give me for your months, if not years, of loyalty to Rocket?"

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
You Again [S]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 5:57:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"More people than you'd expect." Daring! Yet, at the same time, truthful. Isaac had many friends in high places. Redeemed Rockets. Gym leaders. Head scientists. AQUA members. Former Elites, councilpeople, and even a head ranger. "I've spent a lot of this year making up for the waste I thought my life'd be."[break][break]

"But none of that, none of them, make up for the harm I've done."[break][break]

Greyson rattled off a list of atrocities, each downplayed or misinformed by Rocket. Young, politically ignorant youth, just needing the spark of awareness, were fresh meat to Rocket's grinders. By the time his eyes were open, they were locked on Rocket propaganda. Only when he saw the truth for himself, when the masks tore off on the eve of the apocalypse, could he truly know.[break][break]

"Meteno's what made me realize," he admitted. "The ends justify the means" was the coping cry of the Rocket with a heart. What ends justified throwing away their lives just to court the end of the world? Some madman's rock collection? "But I wasted a year of that knowledge being a gutless coward."[break][break]

"Buckle up. This one's a long one." If Greyson wanted the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, he'd gwt it [break][break]

"I tried to make a difference. Take advantage of being off the grid to act like some vigilante. Be a light in the darkness for the friends Walsh hadn't broken into monsters. Damn near deserted at Dewford to treat the injured and guide the lost. Maybe it helped, some. But it sure as shit wasn't enough."[break][break]

"I told myself I was being smart. They'd hunt me down and kill me if I stepped out of line, and then I'd just die some useless fool. They do a damn good job making you think escape's impossible." With what did to him, they may well be right. "I thought skimming a little bit of good off the margins was the best I could do. And then came Galar."[break][break]

"Turns out you can do a lot of growing in 20 years." From the King of the Aegis' throne, all his problems seemed so small and insignificant. "I got to see there was something better than this. I got to make it happen with my own two hands. The hell can I justify just sitting on my hands after all that?"[break][break]

"'s the last piece of the puzzle. He was like a brother to me. He's the one who made me believe better things were worth fighting for. Once Rocket kidnapped him, not even waiting for the damn dream to be over, I knew I had to get him out. And once I found him? I left that life behind, and promised myself I'd never look back."[break][break]

Worry knit at Isaac's brow, his concern for his own life story tucked back away. "Do you know if he's okay?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
You Again [S]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 15:49:24 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]He narrows his eyes, knuckles turning pale white at the other man's provocation. Teeth grind unconciously, but Greyson tempers his anger and lets out a long, shuddering breathe.

This wasn't the type of man he was, nor would he let Isaac turn him into it. Instead, he listens, a silent mantra recited in the recesses of his mind as he controls his breathing.

When the other man finishes, he speaks.

"Galar, huh?" It wasn't the first time he's heard of others' experiences there, even though his own could only be regarded as small blips, dreams, and even nightmares, on occasion. "So, if you hadn't lived this.. other life-" he didn't know what else to call it, "-you'd still be at Rocket's overall beck-and-call. Is that what you're saying?"

He addresses the next point before an answer could even come.

"He's fine." Greyson lies, his eyes flicking to the window without even meaning to, before returning. "No worse for wear." In-truth, he didn't know who was. He files the name away for later. He'd need to figure out the extent of this relationship between the two men. If this Caleb had been working with a known Rocket, did that mean his allegiences were up for question as well?

Galar or not, there were limits.

"Nothing you've said excuses your actions." He keeps his tone nuetral, but a measure of anger can be seen on his face. It hadn't left, after all. "Why should you be offered amnesty? Why should you get a second chance?"

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
You Again [S]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 16:52:55 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Greyson wasn't the only one starting to get pissed here. Beck and call? What part of anything he described sounded like beck and call? Nevertheless, Isaac choked down the bile, knowing more important things awaited. "It would be a bumpier road, but I'd end up here or die trying. Galar didn't change my mind. It just got me out of my head."[break][break]

No. Now the bile would flow freely, as Greyson disngenuously brushed off his concerns to push this little interrogation along. "Bullshit!" he spat, far more concerned for than he could ever be for himself. "They fucking tortured him! Beat him and starved him and did unspeakable things to him. Nobody's just 'fine' after that."[break][break]

"You should've at least made sure he was okay. He needs the support more than anyone. But I guess that doesn't get your rocks off like this little power trip does."[break][break]

He knew it was a mistake as soon as the words were out of his mouth, but fuck if it didn't feel good. If he'd wanted to commit suicide by self-righteous prick, he would've just laid down and let finish the job. At least he wouldn't be treated like the main event in some disingenuous police procedural.[break][break]

No. He had to be the bigger man here. He didn't get the leeway to indulge that Greyson did.[break][break]

"Look, I'm sorry. It's just . . . fuck, man." He sighed, the anger in his voice giving way to an emotion he'd only felt at Cil's hands; dread. "I spend a year telling myself the hardest part's getting away from Rocket. Then I finally pull it off, use my last night there to do some good, almost die for it. And for what? So some guy who barely knows me can treat me like an animal?"[break][break]

"Why should you be offered amnesty?" Isaac already said what he could do. He already said why he wants to fight. He'd even admitted to all but ditching the battle at Dewford to protect Hoenn'd people. None of it mattered to Greyson. It felt less like a good faith investigation and more like a Liepard playing with its food. But what else could he do but say it again?[break][break]

"I'm done letting the people I care about down. And I'm done letting Walsh's war choke our home - our whole world - to death."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
You Again [S]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 13:51:22 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]"Congratufuckinglations."

His expression only hardens at the other man's outburst. Was it fair to him, for Greyson to place the entirety of Team Rocket's crimes at his feet? Not entirely. But did it really matter? A person was judged on their associations, and regardless of Isaac's change-of-heart, it may have come too late.

"Your kind released a literal God of Death in the middle of a fucking city. And that still wasn't enough for you to get your head out of your ass."

But he wasn't finished.

"And you think you're being treated like an animal? I wonder how I would be treated if I washed ashore on Rocket territory? Certainly wouldn't be like a fucking prince with my own hospital room." No matter how hard he try, his anger couldn't be satiated.

"That anger for Caleb's sake - do you think he's the only one?" He thinks of . "You don't have some fucking monopoly on hatred for Team Rocket, so do us both a favor and spare me your complaints on how I'm treating you. We both know this is more than you deserve."

A measure of his anger manifests in a tinge of violet light from his collar. The sygna suit he wears beneath his clothes, always when on official duty after the latest AQUA meeting, resonates with the Delphox standing outside the room. A trickle of

psychic

energy escapes, bending the metal beneath his white knuckled grip.

Realization comes only a moment later and, with a deep breathe, he releases his grip.

"Against that screaming voice in my head - I'll choose to believe you. That you're not a piece of shit on two legs. But, let me be clear - I'm waiting for you to prove me right. Step one foot out of line. Give me a reason, and it wont be just you paying for your mistakes.

Yeah, he'd definitely pay a visit in the near future.

@issacmerlo

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
You Again [S]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 14:42:14 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]He couldn't argue with Greyson's logic. Not when he'd seen the ugly truth firsthand.[break][break]

"I know. I met Council-." Not anymore. For all intents and purposes, she'd become a ghost. "Ex-Councilwoman Anderson. I saw what they did to her. It was horrifying. And I know, when someone falls in their clutches, most of the time they're stuck there." Elinor, in some fucked up way, was one of the lucky ones. So was .[break][break]

"If I knew I was going to die there, I would've torn every gate in that prison open."[break][break]

It was an impractical, wishful thought, an exaggeration of the true reality. One man tearing the walls down would've just gotten all those prisoners rounded up and killed. He'd seen in action. It wouldn't have even taken him effort. Despite that, guilt and conviction shone clear in Isaac's words. If he could have moved mountains, if he could have done the impossible, then by Arceus he would have.[break][break]

Instead, he was left cooped up in a hospital bed, seething over what could and should have been. It was almost funny. He didn't believe he deserved anything, and yet the obvious contempt Greyson had for him still stuck sour in his head. It was hard to tell which parts hurt most; the ones that he disagreed with, or the ones that rung true.[break][break]

Was it a miracle that left Greyson relenting? Or was it just the promise that, if proven right, he'd get to indulge in his anger without a shred of hesitation? It was scraps being thrown a beggar's way, but fuck it. It got them both what they wanted, so why argue? "That's all I want. A chance to put my money where my mouth is."[break][break]

For all his hostility, he could tell Greyson was a man of his word. If he hadn't been, this conversation would have never lasted so long.[break][break]

In theory, the conversation would end here. Greyson had finished his duty. Isaac had gotten what he wanted. The sword of Damocles was pointed right at his throat. They could end this thin veneer of tolerating one another. However, one last thought stuck in Isaac's mind, one that Greyson had come back to time and time again.[break][break]

"Did Rocket really do that? Summon a god of death?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
You Again [S]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 19:06:36 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Anger exhausted him. It led him down a broken, dreary road, far too well-travelled these past few months. Even now he fought back the urge to sag his shoulders; to sink into the nearby chair and filter out this toxic emotion.

But to do so was to show weakness; a fragility his position couldn't afford, much less in-front of this man. He allows the thoughts that led to such an emotion to linger, to resurge that burst of energy he knew he'd regret later. Just for a little longer, he tells himself.

"I don't have the time, or the patience, to give you a history lesson." The sheer fact he didn't know was nearly enough to send him spiraling into another tirade.

He holds his tongue this time, just barely.

"Expect not a moments of privacy for the foreseeable future. Consider yourself effectively on parole. League officers may check-in on you infrequently, to the point of even searching your home and belongings without prior notice. You want trust? Earn it. There won't be a third chance,, got it?"

@issacmerlo

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
You Again [S]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 4:23:03 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]At least the guy was honest about it. If he found some "that's classified" excuse to lord his authority over him some more, Isaac would've screamed.[break][break]

"Then I'll find someone who will," Isaac said. If he was going to make up for his time in Rocket, he'd need to understand what that time in Rocket truly meant. Even as they peeled their facade off, propaganda and the sands of time obscured the truest extent of their crimes. He could only see so much peering out from the inside. He'd freed his heart, and now he needed to free his mind.[break][break]

Greyson didn't have time for an answer, but he sure had time for more threats. Yippee. At least these just sounded like a matter of course. He'd have to work for his second chance no matter how he sliced it, and it was understandable for the League to keep their cards close to his chest until they figured each other out.[break][break]

There was just one problem with that.[break][break]

"Well, I don't have a home." The abandoned home he and Locke were once squatting in was surely reduced to embers by now. Much like the League, Rocket had their protocols for handling traitors. "But other than that? Knock yourselves out. I know I gotta earn my keep."[break][break]

The hardest part was over. He could handle the scorn, the suspicion, the disdain evident in every fiber of Greyson's being. He could handle having his belongings rummaged through and his stay under 's watch indefinitely extended. Hell, he could handle the potential that he'd never be truly forgiven.[break][break]

So long as the light of a second chance could guide him onwards, he knew he'd make it through.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
You Again [S]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 15:23:55 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]One last, long inhalation, and Greyson nods to his own point.

"Good. I'll inform , as well as the Council, and other members of the Elite Four of my decision."

Satisfied his message has come across, he moves to leave, but stops in the doorway.

"Oh, and Issac? Welcome to the League."

The man's next words, if any at all, were lost to the Elite Four member who simlpy didn't care enough to hear them. He needed to get this anger out productively, before it blew up in his, and or another person's, face.

@issacmerlo

[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights