Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
SURVEY - Isaac and Illie
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 22:56:07 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]It felt like ages ago that Isaac promised Illie he'd help her with any future space and time research. It wasn't surprising that they'd never followed up on that. The faction divide has only deepened since that night on Mt. Pyre, and despite his increasing disgust with the organization Isaac had never found the right time to leave Isaac behind.[break][break]

Now the time had come and went. So, too, did their second shot at first contact. The Genesect that puttered along beneath Isaac only had his will back thanks to Illie's efforts. In turn, she presented her half of the deal in no uncertain terms. Isaac owed her, big time, and she reserved the right to call upon those favors whenever and wherever she wanted.[break][break]

It was still a little shocking that Illie would cash the first of those in while an active warzone raged around them.[break][break]

Maybe it wasn't too much of a surprise. It wasn't every day that a new island suddenly sprang up along the Hoenn coastline. Half of why this battle broke out was to see whether Rocket or the League's scientists would have first dibs on investigating it. Of course Illie, a scientist with a disturbingly carefree attitude towards her own safety, would be here the moment she heard about it.[break][break]

Their meetup point had a bit of a Rocket problem. Fortunately, MUGEN was already on the case. Just a warning shot from the Genesect's Techno Blast was enough to get the grunts on site scattering. He let out a self-satisfied hum as he unfurled into his battle form, only disappointed that none of the grunts wanted to stick around and find out.[break][break]

At least Isaac wasn't going to have to stop him from chasing them down this time.[break][break]

"All's clear over here, Illie," he said into his radio, MUGEN keeping an eye on the horizon to make sure nobody decided to get any big ideas. "Come on down when you're ready."

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
SURVEY - Isaac and Illie
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 4:21:34 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her voice cuts through static on the receiver after a moment.

"roger that."

the scientist appears on the shoulder of her usual discolored automaton, its body slowly lowering them toward the earth below. once they get close enough, the golurk's body shifts out of flight mode and two clay legs plant themselves into the ground with a sudden rumble. around them, the trees and their leaves tremble.

she climbs down quickly and after a moment, a small smile rises.

"how've you been?"

a beat passes - the copperjah in the room feels bigger somehow.

"weight of the world off your shoulders yet?"

it's odd, she realizes, to no longer be against one another. lines are not drawn in the sand any more. they have since washed away with sea hoenn's tides, perhaps.

participation +50
1 ic post +10

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
SURVEY - Isaac and Illie
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 13:08:30 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]It was nice to see Illie again, this time without the need for any attempted kidnappings, clandestine meetings, or emergency Poke-medical procedures. This was the least panicked the air had ever been between them, and it was on a literal battlefield.[break][break]

When she had a chance to relax, she actually had a really nice smile.[break][break]

"Boy, is that one a loaded question." Isaac couldn't help but laugh a little, because Arceus, how do you even answer a question like that? It was a little over a month ago he'd had both the best and worst day of his life. Then again, that was always how it went for him, wasn't it? Life tried its damndest to break him, and yet he always bounced back.[break][break]

"Let's just say things've been interesting." "May you live in interesting times" was one of the most powerful curses known to man, and yet since he went to Maldacena's digital world he couldn't escape them if he tried. Good. Let them come. "But at this point, any day I'm spending alive's a win in my book."[break][break]

Her second question was met only with a wry smile. "We both know I'm no quitter."[break][break]

"How about you?" His smile shifted from a light tease aimed towards himself towards a gentle invitation her way. "Still wrestling with time and space?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
SURVEY - Isaac and Illie
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 1:35:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her smile widens a little, easy and unrestricted by faction lines drawn hastily in the sand. there's a subtle shift to the way she carries herself now, as if she's somewhat of a new person in this atmosphere.

and, in a way, she is.

the scientist has grown since they last saw each other. she has tucked her impulsive decisions back behind closed doors, replacing them with a falsehood of carefulness to distract from the selfish tendencies lying beneath.

"hopefully nothing too bad has happened since?"

she's tentative in the way she looks to pry apart recent events, like a surgeon operating on a timebomb of a tumor. one wrong move and she fears death.

faintly, though, a teasing tone edges itself into her voice.

"i'd be disappointed if you decided to quit now."

there's a sense of high hopes for him - a truce forged beneath the threat of gods and monsters. he will not be able to leave such a thing without a fight from her, at least.

"among other things, yes."

her shoulders roll through a lazy shrug before a new question rises. it slips through to linger between them, curious and hopeful.

"are you still willing to help with that, by the way?"

participation +50
2 ic post +20

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
SURVEY - Isaac and Illie
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 4:06:58 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"It's only been two months since tried to tear me to pieces." The memory sent a shiver down Isaac's spine, but he quickly suppressed it with a smile. "Think my scale of 'too bad's' a little fucked up these days. But, that in mind? Yeah, things've been pretty good!"[break][break]

Sure, he'd been attacked in the hospital, attacked in 's gym, attacked in League custody, drowned by Megalopians that had infested Hoenn's swamp, hunted through the Lesser Megalopolis by , and press-ganged himself into a war effort against his former colleagues. But who was keeping score?[break][break]

A slight blush dusted his cheeks at Illie's tease. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were looking forward to this," he teased back. They'd always had a solid rapport, even as their paths blew past each other time and time again. This might have been the most time they'd actually get to spend with each other. "Good. That makes two of us."[break][break]

The note of hope in her voice answered his question before her words ever could. "Oh, Illie. I thought you'd never ask."[break][break]

"Well then. Guess it's good timing, huh?" He turned around, taking in the breadth of the island that stretched out before them. "A whole island that didn't exist a few days ago, that everyone's trying to get a piece of, full of mysteries just ripe for the exploring."[break][break]

"You ready to turn this place into our playground?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
SURVEY - Isaac and Illie
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 19:24:16 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"you're still breathing so i'd say 'too bad's' can't stop you at this point."

he's resilient - something most, including herself, could do well to learn from. how many could keep a smile on their face after the things they've seen? the things they've endured?

her grin lacks shame in the way it curls up into cheeks.

"oh, absolutely. haven't you been looking forward to this too?"

red tape no longer binds them the way it once did and for that, she's grateful. the freedom to explore possibilities and theories and insanity relating to the unknown she desperately seeks will never fail to excite her. unfortunately, however, for isaac, he has fallen prey to her own devices as well.

the island, despite the coils of interdream mist that look to ensnare each of them in their own twisted imaginations, beckons inquisitive minds deeper into the landscape. she hears the call, the foreboding notes of a siren's melody settling deep in bones.

"yes."

her eyes are bright, shining, damning.

"let's go. if you see spatial gaps anywhere, let me know immediately."

participation +50
3 ic post +30
mention interdream mist +10

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
SURVEY - Isaac and Illie
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 19:46:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"I stop breathing, all the shit trying to kill me wins. Fuck that." The grin on his face curled up, just as shameless as Illie's. "Instead, I'll take my lumps with a smile just to show 'em there's no stopping me."[break][break]

Anger born of love. Joy born of spite. Resilience born after seeing what surrender truly looks like. Isaac was a contradiction of a human being, but it was through these contradictions he managed to find the strength that got him this far. In a sense, the fact that he'd even pulled it off was insanity.[break][break]

Clearly, he was in good company.[break][break]

"Since the day we met," he admitted. Illie was a Lot, sometimes terrifyingly so, but in a way he'd always been somewhat fascinated by. Now, no longer pinned down by shouldn'ts and could've-beens, he could finally see her in her natural environment. He could absolutely believe this was the same woman who researched spacial distortions by stabbing the answers out of them.[break][break]

"Roger that. MUGEN, sca-" Isaac didn't even need to finish. Already, his red eyes lit up with line after line of matrix code, Locked On to whatever hint of distortions and rifts he could even find. "I think he likes you," he said, somewhat bemused that the Genesect chose now to be obedient.[break][break]

With a guide now shining the way, Isaac let the siren lead him into her den of enlightened madness.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
SURVEY - Isaac and Illie
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 4:35:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her expression turns serious for a moment - almost deadly so, in fact. there's a look in her eyes that, in just the right light, feels chilling.

"make sure they pay for trying, too."

and then, it's gone with the gently blowing breeze, as if it never existed at all.

she feels a faint flush creep its way onto her cheeks, sweeping across skin in a light dusting until the tips of her ears are rosy.

"really? i made that good of an impression?"

surprising, in a way, for she has always believed herself to be too much and not enough all at once. it's nice to know others do not fall prey to the same line of thinking.

a little laugh chimes out from the scientist as his genesect begins scanning without waiting for the order.

"he's cute - i'm glad he's doing better now."

she remembers when the genesect had been positively feral, right down to its core wiring. it instills a sense of pride to know the genesect is better, and that she had a hand in the change.

and after waiting a moment for the scan to continue, she begins to step forward toward the unknown - certainty in her bones driving her to take charge and guide them through the labyrinth of the island's core that awaits them...

she stops, however, as the first puzzle of curious hieroglyphs and letters opens up before their very eyes.

participation +50
4 ic post +40

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
SURVEY - Isaac and Illie
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 4:44:42 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"You fixed his scrambled up brains." Frankly, MUGEN was still feral. Isaac's showdown with had shown him that firsthand. However, it was a different sort of feral. He was less malfunctioning machine, more apex predator with a chip on his shoulder. Except, apparently around Illie, where he served her diligently enough to get her blushing. "That helped."[break][break]

Isaac did a double take as she called MUGEN cute. He did a quadruple take as, instead of blasting something with his cannon, he simply chittered proudly to himself. "Huh. Didn't know you liked being called cute, bud-"[break][break]

The cannon pointed Isaac's way promptly made him reconsider. "Okay. Yeah. MUGEN definitely likes you."[break][break]

With his point made, MUGEN resumed scanning the area. At least, if they learned anything from this strange farce, it was that Illie had a nice laugh. He followed it into the unknown, at which point he was promptly faced with-[break][break]

"Unown?" At this point, had instilled an unforgettable truth in him. If there were letters in an ancient place, and they resembled the modern scripts of the current era, keep an eye out for eyes. Even in depiction alone, there was a significance and a danger to the Unown.[break][break]

In another world, Isaac knew she and Illie would've loved each other. It pained him that they were stuck on opposite sides.[break][break]

"What's it say?" Isaac asked, because even as he squinted and focused on the letters he knew Illie would probably deduce it before he ever could. "If they cared enough to write it down twice, it's gotta be important. But is it a guide? Or a warning?"[break][break]

Oftentimes, those went hand in hand.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
SURVEY - Isaac and Illie
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 19:57:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]an easy laugh escapes and the chiming sound fills the air around them for a moment.

"i suppose he does!"

she doesn't quite understand why - she had done what anyone would do, given the tools - but she'll happily accept it regardless.

and as ancient script resembling what they know to be unown stares back at her, she bends to get a little closer. these versions do not blink. they stare hollowly back. in a way, it's almost haunting. she supposes that's the intention here.

"turn back... turn back."

a warning.

if she turns her head to the right, she'd see a more familiar script - one from the top of the world, as close to the gods as one could muster. and turn her head she does... for it is fated.

a little gasp escapes as she absorbs the writing.

"we have been abandoned."

is it intentional? or is it something else entirely?

"it's definitely a warning, that's for sure. do we risk it?"

participation +50
5 ic post +50

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
SURVEY - Isaac and Illie
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 20:11:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Well, they've got a real sincere warning telling us to turn back." It had the same energy of those "this is not a place of honor" signs Isaac saw being set up by the sites of the Ultra Wild rifts. "Smart thing to so would be to listen."[break][break]

With but a moment's pause, Isaac turned to face Illie. "No chance in hell we let that stop us, right?."[break][break]

MUGEN wasn't the only bug Isaac could count on. A ball cracked open, revealing a small, diligent looking Ariados. "Taranza, you keep an eye on us from the rear, okay?" Isaac asked. "Use your Toxic Thread to leave a trail, so if worst comes to worst we can backtrack our way out."[break][break]

With that, Isaac flashed a cheeky grin Illie's way. "We totally ignore that warning, but stack the deck like crazy first so it doesn't blow up in our faces. Easier said than done, with all the dream mist stinking up the place, but it's a start."[break][break]

It was time to live on the edge for science's sake.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
SURVEY - Isaac and Illie
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 4:00:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"warnings have never stopped us before - why change that now?"

red tape does little to deter her, clearly, given the string of actions and their subsequent consequences trailing behind her. what's one more to the list?

he adds extra muscle to their backs as she leads them forward and for a moment, she lets her eyes wander.

are they here too - those spatial gaps?

does reality need to mend itself back together on a new island? does it need a pink draconic grout to stitch together ripped open wounds?

her head turns and she casts a glance toward him and mugen over her shoulder.

"if you see anything pink and glowing, let me know please."

a beat passes and the walls around them almost feel closer now, more suffocating.

"it'd look like a crack in space with pink energy filling it."

participation +50
6 ic post +60

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
SURVEY - Isaac and Illie
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 14:39:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Was Isaac going crazy? Or were the walls truly starting to stretch closer and closer together? What started as a trick of the eye threatened to spll into claustrophobia. It was as if this island was trying to swallow them whole.

Nonetheless, Illie spoke with no cause for alarm. The mysteries of this deadly universe were just another Tuesday to her. It seemed easy enough. Look for a glowing pink crack in the fabric of space. There was just one problem. Far as Isaac could tell, there were no cracks to be seen.[break][break]

Oh well. He'd just have to make his own.[break][break]

When the passage had gotten so tight as to become unbearable, he smashed a fist into the side of the cave wall. Fuck. That hurt like hell. would likely chastize him for finding new and exciting ways of breaking his bones, but Isaac wasn't about to let that dissuade him.[break][break]

Not when his present company had taught him the value of such a hands-on approach to science.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
SURVEY - Isaac and Illie
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 21:05:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a gasp slips out as his fist collides with a nearby wall.

"what the hell?"

she blinks confusion away until only concern remains and she's quick to approach, hands already reaching to pull his arm back to inspect the damage.

"you could've broken your hand."

her fingers gently prod against knuckles and bone until she's certain they're still in tact - just bruised and cut open.

as the wall finishes breaking apart, a glittering chunk of pinkish red ore drops to the ground with a clink! sound. her eyes dart toward the rock with acute curiosity, then, and she slowly releases his hand.

"what's that?"

it looks familiar, if she stops to properly study it...

participation +50
7 ic post +70

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
SURVEY - Isaac and Illie
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 4:08:55 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]With a wave of Isaac's other hand, mist began to gather around his fingers. As he twirled them around in the space above his hand, the mists began to coalesce into a sphere of shimmering water. Once it had finished forming, he clutched it tightly, running it across the tattered skin at the edge of his fingers. Bit by bit, the skin began to lighten and mend, leaving only soreness in its wake.[break][break]

"What can I say?" he asked, a teasing smirk on his face. "I learned from the best."[break][break]

The Illeana Reyes school of percussive science paid off. Isaac wasn't strong enough to just punch walls down, but the "walls" closing around them sure seemed to respond to his willpower. "Figured from what you told me, distortions are kinda weak to force," he explained. "Maybe it's because of how unstable they are. Or maybe it's because you're not the only one packing Infinity Energy anymore."[break][break]

Maybe neither of Isaac's theories were correct. A chunk of ore clattered to the ground, little sparks of pink energy popping off of it with each impact. Come to think of it, weren't those the same color as the surges of energy that splashed out when his fist hit the wall? Interesting. Whatever had been going on, perhaps this lingering ore was to blame.[break][break]

"Whatever it is, I bet you'll be able to figure it out." MUGEN hunkered down, cannons aimed down the hallway they'd navigated. Taranza crawled along the walls around them, keeping an eye out on any threats that could come from further down the way. Following their example, Isaac took a step forward to have Illie's back. Together, they were a triangle of perfect defense.[break][break]

"And if anything tries to stop you, we'll make 'em regret it."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here