Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,486 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
drowned
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 3:14:06 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]This rage is an insufferable heat in his chest. It rises, filling each and every cavity that allows it. His fingers ache, a throbbing that pulls his attention upwards. Only then does he realize he's stepped away from Freya, fist grinding against a nearby wall until both had given.
[break][break]
His teeth grind as words work to peel back the ivory prison, and water wets his eyes. Was it the pain? Something more?
[break][break]
"Every single fuckin' thing. Fernando. That witch in Sootopolis. Matias. We've been able ta fight them tagether, if ye'd allow it. But, ye don't? Why? Why? Why? Why do ye consistently seek ta sabotage this relationship? Yer safety? Our safety?"

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break][break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #9ce6f6; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drowned
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 3:28:52 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

and he leaves her, accepting/seeing/acquiescing. ribs open, heart a twisted, shapeless thing, beating for no one but herself. his absence is a cold void in front of her. she craves copper, that feeling of the ring as they circled each other, pretending they weren't dancing a prelude to something more. 

she wipes uselessly at her eyes and crouches down, reaching for the crown. and on her knees, she holds it up to him and she says, "because we did. because i took you to a fight. because you lost twenty years, king, and it killed you. and i can't...i can't watch you...i'm -

"i'm not strong enough. i'm selfish. i know that. i know that. i don't know what i'm doing. i don't fucking know...how to make it stop. the hurt. i can't stop the hurting. i can't stop hurting."

she sputters and the rest of her breaks. the crown tumbles from her hands and her palms go to her eyes as she loses what's left of her composure. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,486 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
drowned
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 4:01:05 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]The pain in her expression is real. It twists something inside of him, tugs on an unseen force. Vague impressions, dreams, of something else. Someone else.
[break][break]
His expression twists in confusion.
[break][break]
"What the hell are you on about Freya?"

notes

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drowned
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 4:17:19 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she doesn't have answers. none that make sense. not to him. and it's not fair that he can't understand, that it will make all of this so much worse for him. 

her knees draw up and she chokes out a sob.

"please stop trying to remember," she manages in jilted hiccups, nonsensical sputtering, knives at her back and one at her front, staring down and not knowing why. tasting his grief on her tongue, even after two decades. 

she searches again for the crown and draws it into her lap and she does not realize she has become a tangential dream, mirroring years un-past. in a body ten years older, staring with red-rimmed eyes down at this accursed gift, not knowing king is looking upon her. 

until he tells her to stop searching for a way out. until he tells her to stop trying to save them. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,486 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
drowned
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 2:52:13 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Something about the clear and obvious pain— the fear that manifests so viscerally in such a tough woman— draws him from his own rage. King breathes, letting the cool flow of air filter out the emotion that'd ruled him for so long.
[break][break]
He approaches the dragon rider and crouches down in front of her. He doesn't touch her; he doesn't console her. He couldn't. She was still hiding so much.
[break][break]
"What don't you want me to remember?"

notes

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drowned
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 3:11:12 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she lifts her head. ages have past. there is a weariness in her, the weight of two decades pressing on her heart. and all she wants to do when she looks at him is kiss him and hold him and pretend that everything is going to be okay. 

she thumbs the crown. tears stain her cheeks, drip off her chin and onto the relic spun out of time. her voice is hoarse when she finally finds it. 

the truth. 

"it's my fault. maybe not all of it, but enough." her mouth twists. "galar. elisabeth...

"fernando."
a crack. teeth clenched, hissing, crown thrown aside with a sense of finality. who was i kidding? i can't stop this. i can't stop him. and that's my fault too.
because she asked for it. she wanted it. she went to him, willingly, and she begged for change. for mercy.

"how could you still want this?"

me?
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,486 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
drowned
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 3:47:46 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"Ye, most of it is." His voice is even, careful to avoid any pangs of sympathy. Not because he didn't feel them, but because he didn't want to show them.[break][break]"Every single one of these things - these people - would be nothin' if ye can just learn ta trust me, and let me in."[break][break]He lifts her chin with forefinger and thumb.[break][break]"Cus I love ye. But, ye need ta understand I'm not somethin' ta be coddled or protected- I can take care of myself. If ye can't wrap yer head around us bein' a team, and ta stop tryin' control everything, than lover 'er not, this won't work. I wont be manipulated by people i care abour ever again."
[break]

notes

@name[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drowned
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 5:04:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

ye, most of it is. 

her lip quivers.

he gives her the ultimatum she's been looking for - the way out. the solution. the promise of a future for them, unimpeded by the storm she brings. it would be easier to do this as she was - poised and composed. 

but now she flinches under the weight of his i love you. her eyes keep leaking and she has to wipe a small dribble of snot off her nose with the sleeve of her hoodie. how can she fix this? how can she put them back together? 

she knows how his pieces fit, but it's dangerous. it's too - 

"i'll tell you," she says, throat raw. she takes his hand from her chin and draws it away from her. around the bed, under the mattress, she tugs free a worn leather journal and holds it out to him. its front is spattered with brown stains. she smooths her palm over it, hesitates, and then holds it out to him. 

tugs it back slightly before he can take it. 

"it was a long time, king. a long time of you being unhappy." a long time of you blaming me. seeing her in me. "i didn't want you to...feel that again. because it's - " awful

she blinks away and stares down at the half-packed duffel bag. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,486 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 0:17:45 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]King reads.
[break][break]
His mind is pulled back to that moment — to being pulled into that legendary's weapon, then, to waking up on the floor moments later.
[break][break]
But..
[break][break]
He tugs at the veil, and when it does not give away, he does so further. He pits his entire Will against it, to that block in his mind that screams danger — that screams answers.
[break][break]
He's surprised to find cracks already forming, laced with a pink glow, giving off.. Steam? Vapor? No.. mist.
[break][break]
He could take it down, he knew; barrel past it and find the answers that frustrate him so. But, he finds himself rebuffed. Only one thing could stand up to his Willpower.
[break][break]
His own.
[break][break]
This felt.. Stronger, more.. mature. It didn't feel angry. It felt.. satisfied. More than that, it felt.. Grief. More powerful than he'd ever known. It didn't want him peeking inside. It begged him not too.
[break][break]
The corners of his eyes mist and he pulls back in response.
[break][break]
"What the hell is this?"

notes

@name[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 3:19:55 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he reads. his brows crease. the veil lingers stubbornly over his eyes - that same faraway look that so many others (, , ) have gotten when she's mentioned the past refuses to make sense of the words on the page.

in his contemplation, wavering on the precipice, she looks down at herself. 'cause i love ye. but it doesn't change what she's done, what she's doing, and gods, delta. delta.  how she ever got near elisabeth is beyond her. an attack doesn't feel right.

it doesn't matter. 

she reaches for a sweater and rolls it up to place in the duffel bag, pausing only when king withdraws, eyes glassy. 

"it's everything i remember," she says. "everything you forgot.

"you're not the only one who's forgotten. it's...i didn't mean to keep it from you."
she tucks another shirt in the bag and rearranges some things, keeping her hands moving lest she break down again. "but i haven't met anyone else who remembers. and if i can't trust myself, my own thoughts, again..."

teeth grit. tears well and shame sweeps through her, hot and acrid. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,486 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 0:47:13 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]All too sudden, the book feels heavy — the weight of an entirely different world carried in the stains of ink on its pages. He sits on the edge of the bed, brow twisting as thoughts whirl beneath an encroaching headache.
[break][break]
He lets out a long, hissing breathe.
[break][break]
"You've been carryin' this all this time."
[break][break]
A statement, not a question.

notes

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 1:17:57 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she runs her arm under her nose and continues her meticulous packing, stopping only when he speaks again. her shoulders sag. her exhaustion, strained under the weight of remembering, forced to the surface under his revelation, is obvious now. 

"is it so wrong of me, wanting to spare you that grief?" she says quietly in response. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,486 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 1:45:15 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]In some ways, he couldn't fault her. He very well might've done the same, if given the opportunity. But, then again, didn't he have that opportunity?
[break][break]
"You didn't need ta tell me about this. Not entirely. Ye could've said somethin' though."
[break][break]
He looks at her, lips pressed in a thin line.
[break][break]
"Be honest — did ye not tell me ta spare me the grief or ta spare yerself?"

notes

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 2:01:14 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she looks down. 

they'd found moments of respite and happiness during those decades. they'd shared laughs, hours of intimacy, wrapped around each other tightly enough to excavate what hurt and pain they could. but there was a lingering grief that pervaded every minute of every hour. 

every sideways glance. every stolen kiss. every battle won. that feeling of being trapped never left her. that feeling of isolation never left him. 

"i don't know," she says and then blinks up at him, realizing it's the truth. she zips up the bag and perches on the edge of the bed, shoulders drawn. 

"i've loved you for over twenty years, king. twenty years of love you don't remember and that's...hard. for me. for you.

"but i'd do it again in a heartbeat."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,486 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 1:54:07 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Her words are powerful, and in combination to it all, leaves King speechless.
[break][break]
For a time.
[break][break]
His jaw hardens, teeth pressed in clear indignation.
[break][break]
"Then why are ye still packin'?"

notes

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing