awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 2:04:48 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she draws her hands away from the bag and into her lap, lacing them together. pale gold searches his face. 

"because you haven't asked me to stop."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,486 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 2:12:50 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]Her answer etches even harder lines into his face.
[break][break]
"Do I have ta? Why else would I be 'ere?"
[break][break]
Anger from a previous statement leaks in.
[break][break]
"But, if ye don't plan ta change — ta stop actin' on yer own — then... I won't ask ye ta stop. I can't."

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break][break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #9ce6f6; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 2:28:43 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

why else?

"i don't know, king. you already said no." took her fantasy, their idea of a happy life, a way out, and ripped it in half. left her in an empty bed with a hollow heart. 

she stands, reaches for the bag, drops her hand, curls her fingers in frustration, and then rakes them through her hair. if only he hadn't been here met with a sharp ache, a fleeting i'm glad he was here.

"how can i let you in? when you can't do the same for me?"
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,486 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 2:34:02 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Frustration is so clearly etched into her features. Now of all times her mask slips— the façade crumbles.
[break][break]
"Let ye in? Haven't I? Yer the one lyin' ta me. The one who won't let me in. What more is there of me ta give? Yer chasing a ghost and lettin' that... life guide yer reasoning in everything."
[break][break]
He meets her eyes.
[break][break]
"Ye still haven't come back from that place."
[break][break]

notes

[break][break]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 2:51:46 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

i'm not lying! she wants to yell, but she knows what he means. she knows she has. she has kept secrets from him. too many secrets

and why? 

because she can't trust him? no, because - 

her brows furrow.

"i only ever wanted out. everyone gave up. , , even ...but i never stopped. so don't tell me i haven't come back when all i've wanted since coming back is freedom. our freedom. your freedom."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,486 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 4:04:27 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Again, anger gets the better of him.
[break][break]
"I don't need ye ta fight fer my freedom. Stop takin' the whole fuckin' world upon yer shoulders for Arceus sake woman."
[break][break]
She's insufferable when she gets like this. Ugh.
[break][break]
"Stop. We are a team. Ye either get on board, or I get off."

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 4:24:21 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"but you won't fight for yourself," she starts, but he cuts her off, says to stop. she stares aghast, anguishing. after all of it, all of this, and it is still not enough. even in galar, he told her to stop. even then, he'd given up too. 

she stands abruptly and grabs the duffel bag, slings it over her shoulder. stops, shaking. 

"i want to be on your side, but i can't change who i am. i can't change what i've done and i can't change what i'm going to do." a hitch of her breath. 

tell him

"elisabeth is going to go after fernando.

"i have to protect him."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,486 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 4:30:59 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]He asks one word, and one word only.
[break][break]
"Why?"

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 4:34:30 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the truth, stripped of its grandeur. the truth, as selfish as it is. the truth, unimportant. small. that which defines her and makes her every bit a petulant narcissist fernando believes her to be. 

"because i need to do something that matters." 

and - 

"because after all of my failings, i finally have a chance to keep my word."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,486 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 4:46:32 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"After everything he's done ta ye — after what his family has done. Ye go runnin' back?"
[break][break]
He looks off this time as if resigned.

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 4:58:08 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she'd been honest with him then, over a plate of eggs and bacon he'd cooked for her. honest, in most ways, about the mist, but she hadn't divulged the worst of it. she never told him about the self-degradation, the way she fucking lapped from his hand like an animal. 

he'd never look at her the same, if he knew. 

she looks over her shoulder and is not prepared to see that the fire has left him. hesitantly, the bag slips from her grasp, hanging from her hand, and then she sets it on the floor. 

crosses the short distance back to him and gently, finally, cradles his head in her hands. she stares up at him and says, "i want to be a better person than him. than both of them. 

"and i...that could have been me. whatever he's done to elisabeth, she let it warp her."
her jaw tightens. "gods, there's so much to this, king, and it's confusing and it's awful and i'm so scared and - " she stops, swallows, smiles tersely. 

"and i'm afraid i don't deserve to lean on you."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,486 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 0:52:27 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Her touch is soft, despite the calluses; reservation, hesitation, and so many more emotions keeping them from being entirely still.
[break][break]
She's right — the fire isn't there. Embers flicker, coated with the heavy hand of exhaustion. He wanted nothing more than to sleep, and that was before.. all of this.
[break][break]
"It's not a matter of what ye deserve. It's a matter of what is. That's it. I don't care about or ."
[break][break]
He lets out a small breathe.
[break][break]
"No more, Freya. I won't put up with it. Tell me you'll change, right 'ere, right now. Or.. I walk."

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 1:13:48 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her fingers knit tersely in his hair and defiance - always, always defiance - bubbles back up to the surface, a pride hammered into the edges of her soul. it grips her tightly now, at the edge of the world, and the idea of letting it go is unfathomable. 

but so too is dropping her hands, drawing away. she stays there, paralyzed. it's her bag on the floor, but he'll be the one to walk away? 

"i just said i want to be a better person." words ushered thinly, lacking gravitas, wobbling at the end because when has she ever known what it means to be better than herself? 

"how can i change when i don't know who i am anymore?" a legacy lost, a home uprooted, a family gone. "all i know are absolutes." 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,486 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 2:20:24 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"I know." He says, voice soft. She was fighting for a home she'd lost, not quite realizing in the process, she was putting turning her back on the one she had.
[break][break]
"I told ye I'd help ye take back what was yers — that never changed. Ye did. Or—" A thought strikes like a bolt of lightning, only, far more subdued. "—Maybe ye haven't. Maybe this was just a long time comin' and I just couldn't see it."
[break][break]
He sighs, resigned.
[break][break]
"Yer committed ta this path then?"

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,210 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drowned
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 2:46:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

what were they meant to do? raze sootopolis to make it theirs again? turn her back on the people and become a turncoat herself? she'd been close to it, but that was before him. before he mattered, in all the best and worst ways. she flinches, draws her hands away and fists them in the front of her hoodie.

a long time coming. 

his resignation makes her shock fade into one awful, reliable emotion. 

anger.

"you knew who i was and still, you let me in. you pulled me from hell and i said it wasn't going to be easy and still, you told me you loved me." shoulders shaking, another step back. 

"if my finally doing right by my mistakes means you won't stay, then - 

"fine."
 the word's bitten around the edges, embers hot off her teeth. 
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing