awards
83 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
autumn snow [momo]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 19:19:10 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
houndoom walks faithfully at her heels as she traverses the slateport open air markets. her guard remains up, but maki is in a good mood today. her acceptance into this region's rocket division seems to be going well, and she thought she'd try something she's never done on her own before; shopping. the place is full of busy people, but they tend to give her a bit of a wide berth once they see the houndoom accompanying her. one or two children are oblivious to this tension, and stop to ask maki if they can pet her pokemon. she agrees, knowing that the houndoom is well behaved and can be trusted.

she buys two snow globes here and continues north.

bag rustling, she crosses over traffic. this part of town... this is close to the contest hall, is it not? contests are something maki's never paid much attention to. they're shows of beauty, not strength, and she has no need for the former.

or so she tells herself, anyway. as she's walking, she hears the telltale sounds of a trainer commanding their pokemon to use their various attacks. maki thinks it might be a battle, but as she draws nearer to the source of the noise, she realizes there is only one human voice there. curious in spite of herself, she approaches. when she turns the corner, she finds herself in a wide-open area. the contest hall glimmers overhead, and nearby... is a girl about her age, practicing her moves.

maki stands there, watching, blinking.
close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
i have a dream where you and i have the same dream!
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
autumn snow [momo]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 22:35:23 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","momo"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

even when contests aren't being held, every moment of practice counts! that is momo's firm belief, and so when she finds that the next event isn't going to be held for some time, she doesn't let that be an excuse to rest on her laurels. slateport is the perfect place to hone her talents! momo finds an empty space near one of the contest halls, and brings out her pokemon to practice. [break][break]

"aimi and silque, just like we practiced, okay?" in a flourish, momo stands off to one side of the space, while her tinkaton and sylveon position themselves opposite of her. "silque, start off with misty terrain! and aimi, follow that up using play rough!" [break][break]

the sylveon hums, its ribbon feelers twisting and turning, eyes closed as a beautiful wave of pink light and sparkles emanates from its very being. the grass beneath their feet is transformed temporarily with a light illusion, the smell of faint flowers and perfume wafting through the air. at the same time, the tinkaton begins moving in a fast and energetic manner, dragging her hammer around and showing off some footwork, playing through the fairy field like some sort of whimsically bizarre figure skater. [break][break]

all in all, it makes for a pretty but perhaps flashy performance, and momo is pleased. as the misty terrain wears off, she notices the sparkles and glitters and hearts start to fade away, and the image of a girl can be seen through the disappearing terrain. "oh, hi there!" momo greets the other, giving a wave. "i'm momo, and my pokemon and i were just practicing one of our routines for the next contest! what'd you think?"

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-heart"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","milkycredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".momo"]--accent:#F08EB2;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]

close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
I AM THE DESTROYER.
5'4 height
5'4 height
i'll pe-pe-peel, peel my emotions away
awards
83 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
autumn snow [momo]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 16:30:14 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
normally, maki wouldn't be caught off guard so easily. but as the petals slowly drift down, she's struck by how familiar the scene feels. there in the middle, a figure of a pretty girl and her pokemon... fragments of pink fluttering as they make their journey to the ground... she realizes now exactly what the image reminds her of, and why she's so taken aback by it. when momo introduces herself, maki barely even seems to take notice.

"it reminds me of..." the snowglobes she bought today, and the ones back home, too. she collects them, as a tether to her one single childhood memory that could possibly be called 'warm'. momo's performance brought those feelings to the surface, which is why maki stands there so dumbly for a moment.

then she shakes herself out of it. "...i'm maki yukimura," she says, recovering smoothly. she offers the other girl a smile and a little dip in her head of greeting. "you must be a coordinator, then. i can see you've trained your pokemon well." the houndoom at her side regards both of them as if a fight could break out at any moment. his body language is stiff and uninviting, eyes keeping watch on momo's pokemon.

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
autumn snow [momo]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 18:00:09 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","momo"]
[attr="class","luck"]

when maki speaks, momo finds herself surprised at how strangely magnetic she is. she exudes an air of refinement and elegance that momo finds enviable but also admirable, practiced in the way she carries herself, a steady lull and rhythm that contrasts against momo's sporadic bursts of energy. [break][break]

"it's nice to meet you, maki! and you've got that right, though i've still got a long way to go before i can call myself a pro, hehe." which is true enough, since momo's last home, the kanto region, hadn't exactly been known for their contest scene. hoenn is a different beast altogether, though, and despite everything the region has been through, its upkeep of its flashy contest system still remains. "but thanks! what about you, are you a trainer? because your houndoom looks—" scary, momo thinks inwardly— "experienced! and really strong!" [break][break]

at the same time, momo's pokemon are also wary of the others, but in different ways. silque the sylveon looks innocently intrigued by maki and her pokemon, while aimi the tinkaton looks naughty and stances itself in a way that implies it's ready to fight at a moment's notice. [break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
I AM THE DESTROYER.
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
83 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
autumn snow [momo]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 1:06:38 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
maki angles her head slightly, expression kept pleasant and calculatedly warm. "i suppose you could call me that," she says. she's never thought too much about how to label herself, but in the eyes of most people, she'd be considered a 'trainer'. she does train her pokemon, after all, primarily for battle and obedience. the houndoom at her side was personally reared by her mother and given to maki as a gift on her eighteenth birthday. it was kept on estate grounds until she set off for hoenn, choosing it as one of her companions for the trip.

she smiles at momo's tinkaton. steel and fairy... if it came down to it, it would be easy to take in a fight, though i doubt it'll come to that. few people know of her family's ties to rocket, and fewer still are aware maki herself was given as an offering to help the regional takeover go faster. "i've never considered contests as a career path, to be honest. are they fun?" there's the tiniest, barest hint of genuine curiosity there. kanto wasn't known for its contest scene even before rocket took control... maybe this is another thing maki should look into. new experiences can help sharpen your instincts, her father always says, shortly before her mother's glare shuts him down.

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
autumn snow [momo]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 6:26:24 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","momo"]
[attr="class","luck"]

"oh wow! i'm not an experienced trainer, but battles are so fun! i just think—oh, aimi, don't make that silly face!" momo says as she softly taps aimi on the head, the tinkaton blinking up at its trainer with a surprised expression. the rest of it goes unsaid: momo knows aimi has a violent streak, and any new pokemon poses itself as a potential target/fight, but that doesn't mean she gets to provoke maki's pokemon without a little scolding! (plus, maki's houndoom looks like it can more than hold its own in a battle, and momo sees the type matchup just the same. not the best idea to start a fight just to get aimi's ego crushed in the end.) [break][break]

but then maki says some magic words asking about the contest world, and momo's eyes light up. "contests are super fun! there's a lot of technicality that goes into it, too, so you could say that coordinators are always balancing style, planning, and execution! and if you win a contest, there are some really awesome rewards!" plus, there are several cities in hoenn known for hosting contests, so traveling can be fun, too! there's so much momo could say about contests and why she loves them, but she won't go into the full rant. [break][break]

instead, she'll just be honest, and say what's on her mind. "you know, maki, you'd probably be really successful as a coordinator! there are so many aesthetics any coordinator could go for, and i feel like there are a few really pretty ones that would fit your style!"

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
I AM THE DESTROYER.
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
83 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
autumn snow [momo]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 16:17:29 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
thankfully, maki's houndoom isn't easy to provoke. he stares the tinkaton down, not moving a muscle from his position at maki's side. even when momo convinces her to let up, he doesn't budge. it's impossible to tell what's going on in that horned head... maki lays a gentle hand on his head, and he relaxes just a little, barely perceptible to the naked eye.

"aesthetics, huh...?" she's never given much thought to her appearance. her long, dark hair is unbound, falling in waves over her shoulders. her clothes are neat and practical, though expensive. her skirt alone cost more than most people make in a week's work. it's not that she doesn't know she's pretty-- she's been to enough social events to be aware of how other people perceive her-- it's more that she's never seen much value in modifying the way she looks.

despite this, she does hesitate here. "i wouldn't even know where to start," she admits. she can't help being curious, even as her mother's voice in her head tells her not to waste time on unnecessary endeavors.

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
autumn snow [momo]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 7:54:45 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","momo"]
[attr="class","luck"]

momo is surprised by maki. not in the way that she can subtly communicate with her pokemon (because momo doesn't notice the intricacies between maki and her houndoom to start with), but how the other girl can look so put-together, so refined and make it seem effortless. even if maki hadn't been a coordinator before, she'd have every chance of winning a contest in the present day. momo is sure of it! [break][break]

perhaps being a trainer, or whatever else, is so busying that maki wouldn't want to waste her time on a totally different endeavor, anyway. but just as momo thinks this, the other girl surprises her again, admitting she wouldn't know where to start even if she did entertain the idea. [break][break]

"i could always help you!" momo offers. "ah, only if you wanted to, of course! i didn't mean to spring the idea so suddenly on you!" naturally there is an air of deference she has for her, the same that anyone would have towards a kind stranger, but there's something about maki yukimura that makes her seem like much more than a simple stranger. what could that be? [break][break]

yukimura? momo wonders for only a second before coming to a new conclusion, thoughts quickening in speed. no, wait, she couldn't be part of that yukimura family, could she? unless... perhaps she'd ask about it some other time, when it's more appropriate and less random (though random is how momo's brain works sometimes, truth be told.) [break][break]

no, instead, the pink-haired girl says, "y'know, i don't really get a lot of chances to talk about this with other people, if i'm being honest. so i appreciate you letting me try to steal you away into the contest scene!" her rotomphone pops out of her bag, floating around momo's head with a matching smile. "if it's okay, i'd like to give you my number! then i can text you about it whenever!" the traveling bit proves itself to be true, since momo frequently goes between lilycove, slateport, and any other city in hoenn where a contest is being held. she'd feel sad if her time with maki could only last for today, but would understand if the other girl preferred it that way. [break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
I AM THE DESTROYER.
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
83 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
autumn snow [momo]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 18:22:29 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
maki is an attentive listener. she's been taught to pay attention to everything and everyone, so that she can pick up on the subtle intricacies of other peoples' behavior. she's navigated a world full of lies and subterfuge since she was a child. everyone has ulterior motives, and everyone will take any chance to screw you over if it benefits them. that's what maki's believed her entire life, and it's the modus operandi behind her family's involvement with team rocket. there is honor between thieves, sometimes, but only if you're powerful enough that you can never be used without your knowledge.

momo seems to be an open book. she chatters away with reckless abandon, and maki just stands there and listens. she tries, and fails, to determine if the other girl is hiding something. has she realized who maki is? it would make sense if she wanted to be 'friends' with a yukimura, given their money and status.

maki doesn't find any reason to believe anything is hiding behind momo's smile, and somehow, that's more disconcerting than if there were. when momo asks if she can have maki's contact information, maki blinks, pulling herself out of her musings. "you want to...?" her voice wavers, and maki curses herself for her hesitance. she shakes herself out of it, pulling her phone out of her handbag. "alright. here." she pulls up her contact information and shows it to momo.

why am i...? she doesn't really understand it herself. she knows a million ways to politely refuse or deflect unwanted questions. this is a waste of my time... even so, she doesn't budge.

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
autumn snow [momo]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 8:01:08 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","momo"]
[attr="class","luck"]

"yay! thank you!" momo brightens at the realization that maki actually agreed to share contact info. so she really is interested! or at the very least, she's willing to let momo talk about these things in greater length. [break][break]

and though it might not seem it, momo truly appreciates those that let her speak her mind to such an extent. it's one thing to be quiet and listless, but it's another to be so attentive and understanding in the same way. momo figures she'll not only make it worth maki's while, but she'll have the makings of a fantastic friendship under way! [break][break]

so goes the way of the hopeful and optimistic! "and you can always text me, too, y'know. about your training and your pokemon and what have you! i'd love to hear about it anytime, really!" the only time momo doesn't answer her phone is when she's actively competing in a contest, or when her rotomphone is playing the occasional prank on her. but otherwise, keeping in touch with friends is one of her greatest joys these days, and not one she takes lightly despite everything. [break][break]

as for the topic of contests... "if you ever wanted to see a contest up close, you just let me know!" they always allow a certain number of entry tickets for the coordinators to give to family or friends, but admittedly momo hasn't made much use of that despite her time in hoenn thus far. though behind an overwhelming amount of joy and excitement, there is a small bit of hesitance, too. shy in the way that despite everything, there isn't a line of people queueing up to see momo, and there would have to be more and more contests before it ever gets to that point. [break][break]

but for now, and for the one named maki yukimura in front of her, none of that even matters! all that matters is that she's made a possible friend today, if something as simple as small talk and contact information exchange can be considered friendship. but it needs not be doubted whether or not this applies to momo: her gentle cradling of the rotomphone—fresh with maki's number and sparkling with the possibility of keeping in touch with her even after this—says it all.

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
I AM THE DESTROYER.
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
83 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
autumn snow [momo]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 19:32:09 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
momo is the first maybe-"friend" maki's made here as well. she gets along fine with the other rocket grunts, but for the most part, they seem to keep their distance from her. she's a lone wolf here, without anyone other than her younger sister to occasionally keep her company. she's never been so far from the influence of her family before. would they think she's already going soft, looking at her now?

maki smiles. "maybe i'll cheer for you in your next contest," she says. connections are important, she reminds herself. they're people you can use. though it's beyond her right now how she might be able to 'use' momo, which leaves the question of why she will allow them to remain in contact. the best she can say is that the other girl has piqued her curiosity about the contest scene.

she nods. "...keep me updated on when your next contest is," she says easily, smile still pasted carefully on her porcelain face. "i should be going, though. i hope your training goes well." the practiced pleasantries fall easily from her lips. with her bag rustling at her side, she and her houndoom walk off. they both keep pace with each other perfectly as they leave.

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
autumn snow [momo]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 3:44:17 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: