March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,925 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
oh the places we'll go [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 1:08:23 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It was a horror story Shalin resolved to make the most of. She firmly believed that every Pokémon had a reachable heart, no matter how firm it was. As she would later discover, her techniques would only work on Pokémon with hearts whose doors were open. If the door to that hardened heart was closed, that was another story altogether. "...Thanks, Alia," she replied, still sniffing a little but nowhere near as intensely as before. "Nothing I can do about it now, though. I'll just have to remember their lives through Lathiel's." She stopped the discussion there; Alia seemed like she was stressing out over it. If she revealed that job performance on the front lines was the reason she felt pressured into going through with the Normal-type's creation, it would just lead them both into an emotional spiral neither one of them could afford.

Not far beneath them, at the bottom of a short cliff, was a docile-looking Ponyta that was just the right size for Shalin. Not too small and not too large. Palming a Poké Ball, she whispered to her friend, "Oh, I'll get to show you a cool way I have to catch certain Pokémon," she said, smiling widely for the first time all journey. She flexed her legs, the strong muscles within throwing her over the edge of the short drop-off and onto the fire-type's back!

Not expecting the girl's attack from above, the horse reared, then made a big kick with its hind legs, Shalin giggling and cheering the entire time. The Ponyta leaped and thrashed erratically in an effort to unseat the girl, but to no avail; her skill was far too great for a Ponyta to do so. Shalin whooped at the top of a powerful thrust and kick, lost in the adrenaline rush as the Ponyta desperately bucked hard as a Unovan rodeo Rapidash. Defeated at Shalin's wild game, the tired Pokémon yielded to the girl, Shalin tapping her palmed Poké Ball at the base of her wild mount's neck and landing on her feet. She winced as she saw Lathiel locked in violent combat with a Typhlosion, the Type: Null brutalizing the wild.

Ponyta catch1

@saturn

2kDXzabj Lathiel obedience

{WC: 367}
{PC: 6}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Keimi         Greninja       Good
Rielle        Vaporeon**     Good
Treble        Kommo-o        Good
Scar          Pyroar         Good
Lathiel       Type: Null     Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,929 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 20:26:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TYRUNT APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] @saturn

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD INFERNAPE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BLAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FIRE SPIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MACH PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCRATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EMBER

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

CAUGHT THE PONYTA!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 5:18:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","aliasong"]

alia gazes at the older ranger as waves of sympathy crash over her. she hoped that she would never find herself in a similar predicament - heartbreak seemed inevitable. “i’m sure that regardless of everything that happened, the spirits of your pokemon are still looking over you.” she says softly, turning to rummage in her backpack. She digs out a small pack of tissues, tugging a few out of the flimsy packaging before handing them over to shalin, a silent act of support. [break][break]

her eyes widen as the older ranger flings herself over a cliff a couple moments later, defined muscles rippling at the extreme movement. “shalin!” alia squeals out, taken aback by the wild behavior. she promptly guides the vaporeon to the edge of the ledge, where she anxiously peers down to witness that shalin was not only safe, but controlling the wild ponyta expertly. amazement ripples across alia’s features as she watches shalin assert her dominance over the young pony, the persistent control quickly extinguishing the pokemon’s fight. [break][break]

“shalin, that was crazy.” alia states after the woman returned, recovered from her earlier shock. “i can’t believe you just threw yourself on top of that ponyta without any of the proper equipment. you must do that real frequently.” it took a certain level of confidence to perform such a stunt with little hesitation, and although slightly terrifying, it was proof of shalin’s skills and confidence, qualities that came with a seasoned ranger.[break][break]

the younger woman takes a moment to rehydrate herself and ino before gently squeezing the vaporeon’s sides, beckoning the water-type to resume their hike. they slowly tread through the well-traveled path, leaving a storm of soot and sand in their trail. alia keeps her eyes fixed in front of her as the path narrows - one step wrong and it was over the ledge. “i think we’re getting close to the viewpoint!” she calls excitedly to the ranger behind her, chest blooming at the idea of reaping their reward soon.

[break][break]

+ skipping both pokemon!

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[/div]

[newclass=.aliasong]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.aliasong b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,925 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 4:54:54 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Alia's words couldn't have been more true; little did she know that she would run into those very spirit inside Mount Pyre's rift to the Border. She graciously accepted one of the tissues and wiped her eyes clean. "Thank you. You... you have really good people skills. People skills I wish I had."

What the wild rider did was far from true control and more wearing the Ponyta out. "But fun!" she chirped; even the normally emotionless Lathiel seemed impressed. "I even have an Alolan Ninetales that will do exactly that on command. Sometimes she manages to buck me off, but it's still worth it!" What strength and dexterity she had to make such a bold claim.

Getting back on Keimi, the duo headed closer to the crater, making it to the rim and seeing quite the breathtaking yet dangerous landscape below. Its lower levels wavered like a desert mirage, a sign of the unbearable heat at the crater's lowest levels. She wondered how much her Sygna Suit would protect her down there.

Several levels down was a wild Tyrunt that looked like it was having trouble breathing. "Keimi, we should try to help it." With a brave nod, the Greninja leaped down the cliffs to the level the rock-type was on. Hot mist began to form around the two, Keimi croaking weakly and wincing as the bottom of the saddle rubbed against his drying skin. Even Shalin felt weakness as she hopped off the giant frog to get close enough to the Pokémon to attempt a saving capture. If it put up resistance, then that was its choice to endanger its own health; conditions were so harsh that she would only get one chance before having to hop back on the amphibian and ascend to an altitude where the air was breathable.

Tyrunt catch!

@saturn

8JhxE7g4 Lathiel obedience

{WC: 304}
{PC: 7}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Keimi         Greninja       Good
Rielle        Vaporeon**     Good
Treble        Kommo-o        Good
Scar          Pyroar         Good
Lathiel       Type: Null     Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,929 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 6:15:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]SHALIN CAUGHT THE TYRUNT!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing