oh the places we'll go [dw]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 23:27:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar

alia meant it when she promised to herself that as soon as she settled into hoenn, she would adventure to her heart's content. she had no excuse not to anymore, now that the roots that once anchored her to twinleaf town were ripped cruelly away from her. and what would be more of an adventure than a hike at an active volcano? as she steps foot into the jagged terrain, however, with the ash-and-soot confetti dusting her skin in all the wrong ways, she begins to consider that maybe not everywhere is a journey worth taking. 

she blinks, attempting to relieve her eyes from the irritation before squinting at the peaks looming above her. as uncomfortable as she was right now, exploring a volcano would make a hell of an adventure. plus, if she wanted to become a ranger, she's going to have to get used to all sorts of adverse conditions anyway. alia glances down at the teal amphibian besides her, who was also batting its eyes with a fin. she hums sympathetically. "i know, ino." the woman says, reaching down to pat the marshtomp affectionately. "not the most fun place to be at. but!" alia turns to jab a finger towards the cliffs and continues, "i bet we'll get to see some pretty sick views from there. ready to go?" 

alia pauses, giving the marshtomp some time to react. after the amphibian gave its face one last quick wash (being a water type has never seemed better), the two of them started their trek up the rocky path.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 1:34:19 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Just because they weren't going to Death Crater, the volcanic hellscape under Mount Chimney's basalt dome, didn't mean the other volcanic caves there weren't dangerous. It would just be easier than the last time she was here, at least in theory. There would be no scorching her back while her Flygon flew parallel to a magmafall guarding the entrance to a magma archipelago hiding a small, ancient temple containing one of the Medallions of Eight now resting inside a hollows within the Halls of Origin.

She also came more prepared this time, with more Pokémon that could keep her cool without too much stress. From behind @saturn , the humming wings of a Flygon echoed, the green dragon flitting and floating through the hot air like a giant insect. The hot air being blown around with the force of an industrial-grade fan may have been uncomfortable for @saturn as Shalin landed near her. "Is your Marshtomp okay?" Shalin asked, holding a Poké Ball in her hand, remaining seated on her Flygon. With the click of a switch, the Ranger dressed in her red uniform sent out an unusual sight: a Greninja with a saddle on its back. "Keimi, WATER SPORT!" The dark blue amphibian discharged a sphere of cool water above them, raining upon them and restoring any moisture the marine Pokémon may have lost.

@saturn

{WC: 226}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Keimi         Greninja       Good
Rielle        Vaporeon**     Good
Treble        Kommo-o        Good
Scar          Pyroar         Good
Lathiel       Type: Null     Good
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 9:52:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","aliasong"]

it couldn't have been more than a few minutes when alia hears a faint buzzing behind her, catching her by surprise. she figured she was going to meet a couple of pokemon today, but didn't think she was going to encounter one this early into their hike. the woman turns around, ready to give a command to her marshtomp if needed. she feels the dry, hot air batting roughly against her before she sees the large green dragon itself. quickly recognizing the ranger uniform its trainer sported, alia visibly relaxes, signaling privately to the equally tense amphibian to back down. 
[break][break]
the other woman calls out to her, and alia barely gets out a "yes, he's fine, thanks," when a greninja was released. before she knew it, a refreshing burst of water sprinkled over the two of them, restoring some much-needed moisture in their skin. ino lets out a happy cry, shaking off some of the excess water before stepping forward to sniff the greninja in acknowledgment. 
[break][break]
alia swoops her bangs out of her eyes, lightly dabbing at the wetter spots on her forehead where the dew gathered. "thanks for that little water break," she says to the green-haired woman with a smile. "both ino here and i appreciated that. we came here to hike, but we're already feeling the heat - and the ash - after ten minutes. definitely not as prepared as we thought!" she laughs, eyes bright as she takes in the other ranger. "you're a ranger too, huh? so am i, just off-duty today." she gestures to her plain clothing, a simple t-shirt and leggings. "i'm alia, by the way - it's nice to meet you."

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.aliasong]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.aliasong b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 2:52:15 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The water quickly began to evaporate in the heat of the volcano, creating a refreshing mist around the two trainers and their Pokémon. While it wouldn't last for terribly long, it would make exploring the inhospitable terrain easier for a time. "It's mostly the heat and not the ash," she remarked. "Did you bring a mask? If the ashfall really picks up, you'll want to have one to keep the stuff out of your mouth and nose."

Not wanting to send her Flygon into a potential ash cloud, Shalin recalled her and sent out two more Pokémon better suited for the terrain: a Shiny Vaporeon easily the size of a small horse, and a Type: Null that looked gruff and tough. The purple water-type's eyes shifted toward Alia with a big smile. Lathiel refused to make eye contact with either of them, trying to figure out why Shalin even brought her out of her Poké Ball.

Keimi crouched to let Shalin hop onto her highly exotic saddle that accommodated such an unusual body shape. The amphibian greeted Alia with a croak. "They've got me logging patrol hours out here. It's not exciting, but going for a ride on some of my Pokémon makes it easier! I'm Rustboro Captain-elect Shalin Nariya - great to meet you!"

@saturn

EjhDBaph Lathiel obedience

{WC: 217}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 5:15:10 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SIMISEAR APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BLAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LICK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAME BURST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] @saturn

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CHARMANDER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCRATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DRAGON BREATH

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 9:12:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

"ah, no, i didn't. i think i'll be fine, though, it's not bothering me too bad." alia is embarrassed now, sheepish to admit that she wasn't prepared for the dangers of her environment as a ranger. her lack of experience was really showing, and she never felt more like a rookie. this dread and embarrassment exemplifies once the other ranger introduced herself as the captain-elect of rustboro city. [break][break]

"oh," alia says, a little dumbly. she wipes her hands across her shirt and clears her throat, getting a hold of herself. "it's a pleasure to meet you, shalin! i can't imagine how boring it is for you out here, but i'm real lucky to bump into you." she grins, feeling composed once again. she shifts her gaze to the saddled greninja, surprised it was possible for the pokmeon to carry human weight in that manner. "that's real impressive. hopefully once ino here evolves he can do the same," the younger ranger leans down to pat the marshtomp's head, which he affectionately bumps in return. [break][break]

before alia can get another word in, a soft rustling grabs her attention. she swings her gaze towards her right, finding a charmander that accidentally wandered into their vicinity. the lizard freezes, realizing he was caught. he fires a dragon breath at them, hoping it was enough for him to escape. the woman quickly calls for a hydro pump, however, and the amphibian sends a forceful stream of water to counter the attack. alia then requests a surf from her marshtomp, which he abides by sending a minature tidal wave towards the charmander. it lets out a startled yelp as the wave washes over it, the flame on its tail quivering briefly from the attack. the ranger takes her chance and quickly reaches for an empty pokeball, spinning it at the lizard. the capsule lands on the pokemon's thigh and engulfs it in a bright light, swallowing it whole before shaking vicariously. it puts on a fight for a few moments, threatening to break through, before giving in with a defeated click.

+  catching the charmander!

[newclass=.aliasong .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 7:36:11 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin smiled, Keimi giving the Marshtomp a gentle pat if they allowed it. A large part of why the Greninja could carry her was due to the amphibian's great size; he was quite a bit larger than most of his kind. Not uncomfortably so, but he was taller than Shalin on foot by a fair margin.

Before Shalin could respond to Alia's comment, Lathiel faced her and charged the two without warning. The inexperienced ranger may have been a bit close for comfort as the chimeric Pokémon made her move, Keimi's superior reaction time allowing her to BOUNCE skyward and let the Type: Null harmlessly charge beneath her. The dark-type landed next to Lathiel and encased her in a giant BUBBLE. "Lathiel, you can't do that around people! You'll scare her!"

When the calming water bubble popped, the Normal-type was a lot less heated, though the unease beneath her mask was still there. "I'm sorry you had to see that, Alia. Lathiel and I are still trying to understand one another. If you want to get some practice before your Marshtomp evolves, I have a Vaporeon that's easygoing and great to learn with. She'll keep you cool, too."

Skipping!

@saturn

IZJh6Ef_ Lathiel obedience

{WC: 199}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 6:12:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HOUNDOUR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLASH FIRE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HOWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SMOG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FEINT ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EMBER

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD COALOSSAL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLAME BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SMACK DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]INCINERATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEAT CRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BURN UP

@saturn CAUGHT THE CHARMANDER!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 8:08:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

alia takes a few steps towards the pokeball, leaning down to pick it up and slipping it into her backpack. she turns around to speak with shalin again, but before she can do so, a flurry of movements occurred all at once. the type:null was charging at shalin, the greninja avoiding the attack with a swift bounce, a bubble entrapping the hostile pokemon. the young ranger blinks, barely processing everything that just happened. time to train my reaction time, she thinks silently to herself as she assesses the deescalating situation. [break][break]

"no, it's okay," she reassures the older ranger with a small smile. "i'm sure that it's inevitable to start off in a bad place with a pokemon you first catch. this will probably happen to me soon." alia laughs easily, hoping that shalin wasn't too upset by her witnessing the conflict. [break][break]

"oh, that's incredibly kind of you. i would love to ride on your vaporeon!" she blinks at shalin's offer appreciatively. alia hasn't had much experience riding on pokemon; her first lesson being only a few weeks ago with mauville city's gym leader, josh. needless to say, she definitely needed the practice. "we can start hiking up after?"[break][break]

as alia finishes her proposal, she catches a houndour crouched behind a bush, clearly in hunting mode. its so focused on its hunt that it doesn't seem to notice how alia has taken interest in it. the houndour would be a great fit in her current team and be even better for future ranger work, alia muses. figuring that the dog was too distracted to put up a fight, the young woman quietly reaches for another pokeball and tosses it at the unaware pokemon.

+  catching the houndour!

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 3:33:56 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
As the bubble popped, Shalin noticed a change in Lathiel's demeanor. The expression on her face changed; it seemed like this was the first time she had truly regret acting out. The normal-type slowly approached Keimi and gently bumped the Greninja. It brought her warmth inside; had she at last began to open up the Type: Null's hardened heart?

Shaking her head, she turned to face Alia once more. "Of course! Her saddle was crafted with her frill in mind. Her HYDRATION will keep you cool. It's almost like being in a swimming pool." The shiny water-type crouched near Alia to let her aboard if she so desired. If she were to mount up, she would feel a veil of cooling, refreshing water flow across her skin. "Alright, ready to go when you are!" Shalin cried, keeping Keimi at a pace where she felt Alia would be comfortable pushing Rielle to. It was slow enough that Keimi could not maintain a smooth run, her still-rapid hops making for a bumpy ride for the Captain-to-be.

Skipping!

@saturn

XuUDRvho Lathiel obedience

{WC: 174}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 6:09:19 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD INCINEROAR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE KICK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CROSS CHOP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PILOSWINE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] THICK FAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ODOR SLEUTH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICE SHARD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ANCIENT POWER

[break][break]
@saturn CAUGHT THE HOUNDOUR!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 8:44:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

the nuances in shalin's expressions doesn't go unnoticed by the younger ranger, and she smiles softly at the heartwarming interaction between the greninja and type:null, happy to witness such pleasantness after the earlier hostility. alia was lucky that she hasn't had any trouble with her own pokemon yet, but she figures there was bound to be some soon with the amount of new friends she's been bringing into her team. she'll have to keep her fingers crossed that it won't be too much of a ruckus once it does happen. [break][break]

after alia gingerly mounted the vaporeon and made herself comfortable, the group quickly fell into a steady pace, making progress uphill. silence fills the air initially as she takes in the views, admiring the dots of dried green splattered against the jagged brown background. the sparse terrain admittedly wasn't incredibly spectacular, but the fresh perspective still fulfilled her desire for wanderlust. as they turn the corner after trekking up a particular steep slope, alia witnesses a shaggy brown pelt hidden amdist the shrub. its lack of movement indicates to her that the piloswine was either dozing off or too scared to move, but its long fur preventing her from confirming any of her hypotheses. [break][break]

she decides to not take her chances and motions at ino to attack. after the amphibian moves to send a curtain of water towards the wild pokemon, alia would chuck out her third pokeball of the day. before that, however, she turns to shalin, her curiosity finally getting the best of her. "you know, as a rookie ranger that still has a couple of months before graduation, i would love to pick your brain a little bit...but before that, if you don't mind me asking, how did you meet your type:null? i thought they were incredibly rare." from what alia could see out of the few interactions, there seemed like there was a story behind the pokemon and its trainer. orrrrrr maybe she was wrong, and the type:null was just incredibly hostile in nature. 

+ catching the piloswine!

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 6:38:17 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
After observing Alia make her capture of the Piloswine that was clearly out of its element, Shalin was asked about Lathiel's origins. She frowned, not proud of what she put her Pokémon through. "It's a... very unpleasant story," she slowly answered as the two water-types advanced closer to the mountain's rim, where rarer fire-types were supposed to be found. Keimi let out a croak that shook Shalin and cheered her up somewhat. "Thanks - I needed that."

Nodding, she told her story as long as Alia was okay with hearing its grim details. "Lathiel was... created. Not born. Her kind is a weapon created by Megalopolans to fight Ultra Beasts. She's a rare and powerful Pokémon that I felt I needed to be an effective fighter in the war. It's part of being a Ranger Captain. While you're not required to fight in the war, you're... rather encouraged to do so."

Letting that sink in, the Captain-to-be continued recounting her dark tale. "Within her are the stem cells of eighteen Pokémon I captured personally and built long-lasting relationships with. Many of those Pokémon had their lives changed forever from the extraction process. Two of them..." she sniffed, trailing off before resuming her story. "...did not survive. Pharika and Ellie, a Dragalge and Donphan... I... I miss them so much..." she started crying, her tears quickly evaporating in the latent heat of the volcanic mountain.

Skipping!

@saturn

9Gd7ZK9S Lathiel obedience

{WC: 237}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 1:05:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TYPHLOSION APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SMOKESCREEN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BURN UP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DEFENSE CURL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE EDGE

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PONYTA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLAME BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FIRE SPIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STOMP

@saturn CAUGHT THE PILOSWINE!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 6:49:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

megalopolans, ultra beasts. terms alia has heard plenty of times ever since she's arrived in hoenn, but still had yet to properly educate herself about. this wasn't the day for a history lesson, however, as shalin shares her story about the type:null and bursts into tears. [break][break]

alia stares at the older woman in horror, silently scolding herself. this is what she gets, for being such a nosy ass! despite being a stranger, the captain-ranger has been nothing but kind, and here alia was, reopening old wounds. "i'm so sorry, shalin. i didn't mean to bring up something so upsetting." the younger ranger breathes out, doing her best to press her hand against shalin's shoulder. she attempts to rub her thumb in soothing strokes, hoping she could offer some form of comfort. [break][break]

alia wasn't sure how she felt after hearing the backstory, if she were to be completely honest with herself. she couldn't imagine how much pain those pokemon went through, with their bodies undergoing such a strenuous process. let alone the ones that were ultimately sacrificed - her mind briefly wanders to how they terrified they must have been in their last moments, before she halts those thoughts hastily. she understood why shalin had to make the decision she did, really, and clearly it was one that the captain-ranger struggled with as well. the burdens that come with the role were heavy, and alia isn't sure what she would have done if she was in shalin's position. so instead of voicing out these conflicting perspectives, she concentrates on comforting the distraught woman. [break][break]

"i'm so sorry that you and your pokemon had to go through such a difficult time," alia says at last as she continues to rub circles against shalin's back. "i can't imagine how you must have felt when you made that decision, and i'm sure your pokemon understood that it wasn't one that you made lightly. i hope you and lathiel grow closer as time goes on."

[break][break]

+ :-( sad....+ skipping both pokemon!

[/div]