kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
smog: smell of the game
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2023 16:31:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the mist has already spread.

those that were unfortunate enough to enter and investigate would soon find themselves already in a transformed reality of a suspiciously specific scenario. winding halls, illuminated only by the light at the end, lead them to a chamber not everyone would be privy to.

"welcome!"

a loud voice would shout. at the end of the chamber was a throne, and on it was the champion itself. the crown atop his head matches the cape upon his shoulders. he slouches on the seat, with a foot raised and his head lazily propped up by his arm resting on the throne's armrests.

consoles and arcade machines were on his end of his room while the entrance to the chamber barely had any decorations, as if the one in charge got lazy at the end. for those that played rvl, it would be clear that this was the champion's room at ever grande.

"is this your dream? or is it mine?"

10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.
10 MP for incorporating INTERDREAM MIST or spawning PARADOX POKEMON.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,521 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 2:45:55 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"] He has no choice, really. The dense close of mist stretches wide and high. He can’t go over, he can’t go around.[break][break]

The familiar seep of bubblegum pink in misty tendrils is unsettling, but if he intends to reach his drop point, through is the only way to do so. And so Lam forges forward, despite the warning bells in his mind. At his side, his daschbun treads cautiously.[break][break]

Instead of his hope—a foggy, uneventful trip, the mist warps the world around him. One moment, he’s on the shoreline and in the next, an endless hall. His pidove coos on his shoulder.[break]break]

Light eeks out of an open doorway. But instead of it leading to the end of the mist cloud, it opens up to large chamber. Bright lights and consoles. The blink and chime of an active arcade.[break][break]

It is not a face that greets him first, though, but a voice.[break][break]

Lam’s nose wrinkles as the somewhat familiar voice reaches his ears. A king perched on his throne, clearly comfortable with his current lot. He’s only met on occasion, but the whole thing is…odd.[break][break]

Wait, what’s he even thinking? Of course it is. He’s in a frickin’ pink cloud dream zone…place.[break][break]

“Kyle? Uhhh, yours. I think? I’ve never been here.” A faint smile pulls across his mouth.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- WAHOO [break]
- rt: smog (1/2)[break]
- rt mission participation (50) + incorporate interdream mist (10) + ic post x1 (10) = 70 mp

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 16:22:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"fuck!"

the word has enough power to dispel the illusion. pink mist surrounds them within the next second as decorations from his own chamber fade without transition.

his mind is unstable, courtesy of . the mist is unable to maintain a scenario from thoughts of someone without coherence in their own psyche, or so kyle's theory goes.

"change it to yours!" he demands. "mine's boring."

he taps his foot impatiently, but leaves it at that.

20 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,521 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 16:46:26 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
The outburst is…unexpected to say the least.[break][break]
Someone needs a nap, is the dry thought that flits through Lam’s mind as his brows raise sharply. He doesn’t say as much aloud, though. At least, for the time being. There’s no real sense in getting worked up.[break][break]
For all he knows, Kyle could be a figment of the mist too, right?[break][break]
Tentatively, he moves forward, closer as the imagery suddenly dissipates, leaving them in the swirling pink fog again.[break][break]
“What?” his face screws up at the demand, “For real, man. Are you okay?”[break][break]
Why would someone actively want to mess with this shit?[break][break]
Even as he says as much, though, the mist plucks bits and pieces from his own mind. Not that the shores of Mele Mele are all that interesting as they begin to materialize.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- WAHOO [break]
- rt mission participation (50) + incorporate interdream mist (10) + ic post x2 (20) = 80 mp

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 17:39:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"not really," he answers straight. "did you really think it's normal for me to be irritable?"

maybe it was for other people. he knows lam was one of matias' very few friends, and given that the elite four fits the bill, he supposed there's a possibility it's the norm for him.

eventually, the landscape changes to one of alola's beaches.

"oh, i like this. reminds me of the good ol' slateport beach."

the colorful paintwork and intricate designs that brighten up the beachfront's decor does remind him of that one fateful encounter a few years back.

"did you know tapu koko appeared on the beach before?"

the legendary pokemon materializes itself at kyle's mention of the pokemon, with a temperament matching the its supposed reaction to being denied by the champion when it offered its avatarship to him: anger.

30 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,521 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 1:06:12 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
Lam shrugs, “Frankly, no. Sort of wanted to hear it from you, though.” Any chance that Kyle was going to tell him why it was that he wasn’t in his right mind? Guess he’d have to figure that out, but true to Kyle’s line of thought, it’s something he rolls with. If only because he’s not unaccustomed to navigating absurdity.[break][break]
“I think it’s a step up from Slateport,” he replies with an amused huff, “but that’s just me.”[break][break]
He’s not too surprised that this is the shape his dream world takes, because it is the place his unconsciousness takes him many nights of the week. Soaked in childhood nostalgia and homesickness.[break][break]
In the distance are city sounds, bright and cheerful as they clash with the softer push and pull of the ocean lapping at the shore.[break][break]
“Hm?” Lam hadn’t realized that his attention had fully fallen away from Kyle until he speaks. “Is that where it first revealed itself?” He’s not familiar with how it came to be in league custody. Just that it is.[break][break]
“Makes sense, though. A beach.” When it appears as if summoned by the top champion, though, it is not the simmered Tapu Koko he’s encountered with the help of AQUA advocates. NATURE’S MADNESS flares outward in their direction as the peaceful scene is stripped away as the wind picks up and thunderheads rumble overhead in the rapidly darkening sky.[break][break]
“What’d you do to piss it off?” The question is blurted out without thought as he glances at Kyle. It’s not because he actually blames Kyle for the island spirit’s aggression. More that he assumes it because it seemed to come from the other’s mind, not his own.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- WAHOO [break]
- rt mission participation (50) + incorporate interdream mist (10) + ic post x3 (30) = 90 mp

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 16:35:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle doesn't have a pokemon out, but raikou quickly appears before him in a blink of an eye to defend him against the blow. a barrier of reflect stands between the two legends.

"i didn't accept its avatarship." he turns to lam. "i haven't met anyone else who'd do the same so i'm not sure if this is the norm."

sand and other beach debris gets thrown at their direction as a storm forms from the horizon. kyle smiles with grit as he gets excited by the thought of a fight exceeding his expectations.

"do you think it gets stronger depending on how you perceive my relationship with it is?"

it makes sense in kyle's point of view that his logic works. this is the interdream zone. it pulls from both of their thoughts and imagination. he's wrong on one thing though. it also feeds on kyle's preferred difficulty of the scenario.

40 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,521 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 0:50:05 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
Lam looks back at Kyle with a lift of one brow. A quiet uhuhh following as the Tapu Koko hems and haws before them.[break][break]
“Can see why it might take that personally,” he replied with the shrugging lift of one shoulder. “Much as I like Tapu Koko, though, I’m not too sure I would, either.” It just seemed like more responsibility and expectation than it might’ve been worth.[break][break]
It was his home island’s patron, and the spirit was revered yes, but being tethered to it was a different thing entirely.[break][break]
“Maybe it feels a little extra spurned because you chose someone else,” he offers as his arm lifts to shield his face in the crook of it as sand is sprayed at them. “But that also makes it seem like you want to be mad.”[break][break]
But a challenge is a challenge, he supposes. And as laidback as Lam normally is, there’s a certain competitive streak that’ll always get the better of him. In a flash of light, the dachsbun that was trotting alongside him is swapped out for a steely corviknight.[break][break]
Butternut caws as the storm continues to whip up around them–sharp wings extending to shore up with IRON DEFENSE. A hand lifts to the flight goggles hanging around his neck. A keystone embedded in the side glows as it activates, and soon that same light engulfs the corvid as well.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- WAHOO [break]
- rt mission participation (50) + incorporate interdream mist (10) + use mega evolution (10) ic post x4 (40) = 110 mp

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 9:53:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar

"i didn't choose ho-oh either," he corrects lam. "he forced it on me."

kyle turns to tapu koko afterwards. "then again, i suppose he has no idea that my arrangement was fashioned that way."

his assumption brings a smile on his expression, though he doesn't address it directly. perhaps he does want to be mad.

an ultra beast comes out for kyle's side. "sludge wave!"

poison destroys the pristine beaches of alola as it crashes to the tapu koko, who powers through it with play rough.

50 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.
10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon.
25 MP for using an ultra beast in your thread.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,521 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 2:02:35 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
“Oh, my bad,” he attempts to amend quickly, “doesn’t seem like a very benevolent thing to do.”[break][break]
Conferring power without choice doesn’t exactly sound like the right way to forge some sort of substantial bond. At least to Lam, anyway. But who knows—maybe it works for Kyle.[break][break]
“Right, it probably still looks like a snub.” And judging from the way Tapu Koko flits about with the crackle of electricity bursting from it, that’s exactly the case.[break][break]
It’s the second time today he’s seen a naganadel. It distracts him from the way Kyle’s smile warps oddly at the idea of angering it further. Hopefully this ultra beast will prove as powerful as ’s had been.[break][break]
Corrosive matter warps the clean beach scenery, and inwardly Lam frowns at the tampering of an idyllic piece of his memory, but sends his corviknight forward regardless.[break][break]
Butternut’s steely wings propel back the tapu koko’s attack. “Blow it away!” Those same wings beat harder, drumming the air up into a frenzied torrent before he unleashes the full gust of G-MAX WIND RAGE at the wrathful deity.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- WAHOO [break]
- rt mission participation (50) + incorporate interdream mist (10) + use mega evolution (10) ic post x5 (50) = 120 mp

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 2:32:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
despite the winds helping the poison coagulate around the tapu koko, it did not seem to completely stop the pokemon in its tracks.

electricity starts to form underneath their feet as electric surge covers the beach with an electric terrain. not only that, its size start to grow as it embodies being the guardian of alola.

"well, that's big."

tapu koko retreats itself in its shell before a mass of energy that forms its giant torso appears from the ground. it lifts its hand up and swats the two pokemon out of the way.

kyle manages to catch the ultra beast back to its ball before it turns to lam.

"that looks way too strong for us to handle." he motions with a jerk of his head to back away. "we definitely could defeat this if it wasn't in the interdream zone."

60 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.
10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon.
50 MP for getting your Pokemon knocked out.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,521 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 2:36:14 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The power of the guardian of alola displayed in actual form is something he’s only heard stories about as a kid. Not something he’s ever seen in person. Well, until now, obviously. His head tilts up as electricity surges out around them and the island spirit rises up to tower over them.[break][break]
“Woooooah.”[break][break]
The empowered Tapu Koko smacks his corviknight down just the same as the naganadel—like it’s absolutely nothing but a pesky fly. The bulk that came with Butternut’s mega evolution fades as the bird drops from the air, and Lam too, has to scramble to recall him before he crashes into the beach.[break][break]
He looks to Kyle with the lift of a brow as a dry scoff of laughter slips out in spite of himself. “Oh, you think?” he bites his tongue on the suggestion that it’s Kyles attitude toward it that incensed the deity’s desire to invoke rage to this extent.[break][break]
Instead, it rolls off of his shoulders (mostly,) he backs off as well—feet skidding in the sand as they try to make a retreat before it swipes them with that massive, swatting hand too. “Yeah. Maybe. Can it do this too?”[break][break]
If it can, he’s maybe a little skeptical.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- WAHOO [break]
- rt mission participation (50) + incorporate interdream mist (10) + use mega evolution (10) + have a pokemon knocked out (50) + ic post x6 (60) = 180 mp

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 14:28:15 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"hell yeah, they could," kyle answers enthusiastically. "i've seen them do it before."

his most recent memory of it happening was well over a year ago, however, back when they visited the good ol' sea!hoenn once upon a time. things that happened there were supposed to be confidential, but surely, any of the tapus have used it again since then, right?

their chat is interrupted by a thunderbolt from the tapu koko, blocked by the timely release of kyle's manectric activating its lightning rod. taking into account the terrain, as well as its status as a legendary, kyle has to mega evolve his pokemon just to resist the resisted move comfortably.

"at least the one under aqua doesn't want to kill us so they'll eventually let us win." the tapu koko didn't seem to show that much malice last time they met. "maybe we can go meet that one instead of this one. let's dip."

he hops on his manectric, whose purpose of being the getaway vehicle for the champion was already decided.

70 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.
20 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon.
10 MP use mega evolution in your thread.
50 MP for getting your Pokemon knocked out.
100 MP for completing a RT Mission.
50 MP for participation in a RT Battle/Mission.
300 MP for "losing" a RT Battle/Mission.

TOTAL 635 MP

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,521 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 17:19:20 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

If it were not a dire moment, Lam might have shared that enthusiasm. “Woahh, that’s so cool.” Okay so maybe he did still, just subdued because they were, y’know, being targeted.[break][break]
“Fair enough,” he concedes without argument there. “They definitely didn’t seem this bitter.” At least, they hadn’t been when Lam had encountered them with .[break][break]
Replacing one bird is another, naturally. Fire terastralization kicks in quickly, coating his talonflame in an extra buffer against any other wayward attacks. Peeved at being ignored and then rebuffed, an ELECTRO BALL hurtles between them— fortunately cratering in the sand instead.[break][break]
“Yeah, sounds good. I’ll take the real deal, easy.” A hastily spoken agreement, punctuated by a short nod. Lam hops on the back of his talonflame, who lifts off and zips forward to follow the champ and his manectric.[break][break]
An extra burst of speed is gusted up in the form of a retreating TAILWIND as the Tapu Koko, despite its size, and the rest of Hau’oli begins to grow smaller in the distance before being swallowed up by dense, foggy pink again.[break][break]
It makes sense to Lam. He found Kyle in all this mist in the first place, so he must know the right way out, right? Hope so.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- WAHOO [break]
- rt mission participation (50) + incorporate interdream mist (10) + use mega evolution (10) + use terastralization (10) + have a pokemon knocked out (50) + ic post x7 (70) + completing a mission (100) + losing a mission (300) = 600 mp

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 22:25:50 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: