he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
A Child Of The City[DDD]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 22:39:07 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1125787493183258665/Goodbye_Galar_quiet.mp3?ex=651acc4e&is=65197ace&hm=351a96a01b84f2bd588e07ef74823995e69b3f118ea21cb9751bc1a753412b96&[/player]
[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]A Tales As Old As Time
[attr="class","monody"]
Aspiration (1/5)
Delicate hands gently adjusted his collar, hands he knew well. "Now remember, Hideo: make sure to call us when you can. At least once a week."

"Yes, Mom."

It's a dream he's familiar with, one he's gone through many a time before. One he wished had been reality.

"And if you ever need a moment to rest, you can always come back home. Dad and I will be here for you."

"I know, Mom."

Collar suitability neatened (which would not last long), Hideo felt himself pulled into his mother's hold, her arms around him. "I know you can do it, Hideo," she whispered in his ear, her embrace around him firm. "We all know you can. Just have faith in yourself and you'll do it in no time."

Quietly, she let him go, allowing the boy to make his way towards the door; he knew his house well enough to know the layout, and didn't need any help finding his way out.

He felt the unmistakable brush of his Lycanroc's fur against his leg. "Don't worry, Rocky," he said, kneeling down to brush his Lycanroc's head, "I wouldn't ever forget you."

The clitter-clatter of feet against the floor brought his attention to his other Pokemon. "Can't forget you guys either! Come on, I got your Pokeballs right here!"

First was Elga, his ever-reliable Elgyem. Then Pom, his ever-handy Aipom.

Last was his Spinarak, Squeeze. The first Pokemon he'd ever caught, he felt like he owed her this this most, to show her he truly was a trainer worthy of catching her.

There was a slight hesitation as Hideo reached out to the door - but it would be him that opened it, his own feet carrying him from his house. His hand that closed the door behind him.

And before him, was all the freedom that he'd wanted, that'd he'd prepared for. He could begin the Gym Circuit in earnest, to travel the region, to meet new people and Pokemon, and to take the title of Champion as his own. He had the faith of his family behind him, the faith of his Pokemon.

Just one more person he had to earn the faith of.

Total Dream Score: 200

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/65OzR4E.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
A Child Of The City[DDD]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 21:50:08 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1158883508266221668/RoyalAudience_quiet.mp3?ex=651ddddf&is=651c8c5f&hm=040e608a189af510bf5342a24adc2f24e8cc3814d156e4b7c4007ea0b49bfb26&[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Children Of Thе City See Only The Neon Stars
[attr="class","monody"]
Birthright (2/5)
Attacks flew left and right, Pokemon pitting their strength against one another. It wasn't an easy battle, but one could never expect one against a Gym Leader.

Yet one move sealed his opponent's fate: a Shattered Psyche tossing the opposing Scolipede from psychic surface to psychic surface. The referee called it in: Hideo had won!

Hideo could immediately hear the cheers from his friends, watching from the bleachers: , , , , , all celebrating his success.

Even the Gym Leader, , joined him, giving the boy a hair ruffle before handing him his badge.

Perhaps it had all just been a blur out of excitement, but the next thing Hideo knew, he was in a diner, getting a celebratory meal with his friends - on the Gym Leader's dime. Words weren't easy to make out in particular, but he was glad regardless, just being able to spend time with his friends after a great success.

Yet one set of words stuck out from the rest, ones that he could understand perfectly:

"So why did you want to do the Gym Circuit so badly?"

He didn't know who asked it; perhaps it'd been , who'd joined him on this journey to see if he had what it took to complete this challenge. Maybe it was , who'd wondered what value there was in even attempting the challenge, and followed along to find it. Had it been , who'd joined for the adventure along the way? It could have been , who'd joined as a mentor figure to help teach him. Perhaps , who'd been taking the Gym Challenges alongside him? It could've even been , out of curiosity.

The question didn't bother Hideo; it even made him smile. The commotion around him died down, as if giving the floor (or rather, table) to him.

"I guess…it's 'cause there's nothing special about me. There isn't any special prophecy or legend about me doing anything; I'm just like any other kid - other than being blind, I guess. I don't have any special bloodline or heritage; my family's normal, and same went for my parents' parents and their parents too. I don't have any birthright waiting for me, or any special treasure passed down from generation to generation."

"There's no secrets about me. I'm just Hideo."

"And that means there's no path set for me. Anything I accomplish, anything I do, anything I become, it'll be my own. And isn't that enough?"

Wasn't it enough to simply be something, of his own choice?

Total Dream Score: 400

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/65OzR4E.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
A Child Of The City[DDD]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 23:52:46 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1010637465012408471/StarterSpace.mp3?ex=653d667c&is=652af17c&hm=8cb609814a0a5a9aa4f222cbcaf9c8cb83874a0ed3cfe155e4f2e81d2a6f0c42&[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Poke
[attr="class","monody"]
Stepping Up (3/5)
Hideo hadn't planned on getting involved in a contest, but someone had to do it. Hideo stepped up to the challenge, and now he had to prepare his team of Pokemon.

Why did he get involved in the challenge? What was the reward?

Unnecessary details he didn't even think on.

There was but one step left: to make sure his Pokemon were all properly groomed and ready for the contest. He'd do it one at a time, just as he did as always when working with his Pokemon.

"Alright Rocky, you're first."

The *tink*s of those Tough Claws on ground were a familiar sound, Hideo easily able to track his Lycanroc's approach. He reached for the head first, the Lycanroc's eyes close shut as Hideo inspected its face. Its fur was thick and hard to keep down, so he'd just made sure its head fur was clean, giving a small *boop* to the Lycanroc's muzzle when he was down. Its mane was just as chaotic as he'd known, and the four spikes around its neck felt smooth and tough. The rest of the fur on its body kept short, Hideo going all the way down to the three claws on each of its feet. Last to check was its tail, just as fluffy as he'd known.

He smelt just as earthy as he always did - no amount of baths could change that.

All clear.

"You're next, Elga."

Little *sqyk* noises could be heard with each step - a noise unique to Beheeyems, and one he'd only heard from Elga; most Beheeyems simply floated around. It made it much easier for Hideo to know where the Beheeyem was. Hideo found the head first - easy to find when it was larger than the rest of its body. It's smooth head was almost leather-like, with a pair of depressions along the top half of the head. He could just make out the lines on the Beheeyem's head, slightly rougher than the rest. His hand moved down, quickly finding the large, visor-like eyes, as smooth as plastic. His Beheeyem never flinched when he touched those - like they really were a visor.

His hands went down the ridges of the face, never touching anything like a mouth, to the body. It felt like a trenchcoat, even with a collar and buttons along it, though he knew this really was part of his Beheeyem's body, ending with a pair of unceremoniously-stubby feet. He finished with the Beheeyem's large, round hands, inspecting the smooth, glass-like trio of buttons on each one.

There was never any scent to his Beheeyem, and there was none today.

All good.

"Your turn, Pom."

Flat *plnk*s indicated his Ambipom's approach. Her wide grin was the first part he touched - easy when it took up half her face. He almost missed her tiny nose by comparison, and made sure not to touch either eye. The moment he was off her face, it was all fur, short save for the long tufts of hair coming off the top of her head. He went down, her large ears his first find before touching her two fingerless arms. He inspected her hairless belly next, her short fluffy tail following after, before getting down to her fuzzy feet.

He would've reached for her tails next, had he not felt them poking his face, her snickering not far behind them. He never knew how her stubby digits could hold anything, but she always seemed to find a way. The trio on each tail-hand seemed fine. The "palms" themselves were round, and felt almost as big as her head. The "wrists" were fuzzy and rounded, almost like cuffs. The rest of the tail was a short fuzz, though they were as long as she was tall.

She smelled slightly fruity, like a tropical drink. He never knew how, but she always had that scent around her, no matter how many times she was cleaned.

Oh well.

"Time to step up, Squeeze."

The rapid *tink*s from her footsteps heralded her arrival, and Hideo didn't even have to reach out for her, her long chitinous legs reaching up to him and wrapping around his chest, her head resting on his lap. He started with her abdomen, smooth enough that he could hear his finger squeak as he brushed along it. He was careful when inspecting her spinnerette, avoiding the very tip. After were her legs, thin near the body but thicker as they went out, before thinning once against towards the tips; he even inspected the legs on top of her abdomen, though he still didn't know what those did.

Her head was next, the body careful to avoid touching her large eyes. Her mandibles seemed to be in good shape, and the horn on her head felt just as smooth as her body - but even tougher. He was careful not to touch the base of her horn, though; he didn't want to tickle her after all. The faint scent of silk could be smelt around her - the same as her threads.

He let her hold on to him just a bit longer, until she was ready to let go.

"Now it's Pinky's turn!"

There were no footsteps from this one, the rapid buzzing of wings telling him where the Ribombee was. He felt it land on one of his hands; it was tinier than most Ribombees, only half the height. Hideo's touch was more delicate than what he used for his other Pokemon, careful not to hurt the Ribombee.
He felt its round head first, a fluff coating it. Its eyelashes were easy to make out, slightly longer than the fuzz of its body, and it gently guided his hand away from its eyes with its own hands. Two rounded antennae sat atop its head, almost like the tufts of hair on his Ambipom's head. Its mouth was the only other feature on its head, Hideo's attention moving to its body.

The scarf-like growth around its neck always confused the boy, including the needle-like protrusion on the front of it. Same went for the fluffy, dress-like fur around its body, silk-like to the touch. Hideo avoided touching its wings - something it never like him touching - and moved on to its limbs; thin until the very ends, which were slightly thicker and rounder, shaped almost like musical notes.

A sweet scent wafted through the air - the one that always followed his Ribombee.

The Ribombee ascended off his hand before he could tell it to move - though it was all good.

"Last but not least: your turn, Aaron."

Hideo could feel its approach, those heavy footsteps distinctly weighty and metallic - fitting for an Aggron. Hideo had to stand for this inspection, and he had to be more cautious, so as not to hurt his hand on its sharpened edges. Its exoskeleton was rough and tough, though he could always notice its pear shape, in spite of the varying thickness of the body itself. Its shoulders were the oddest part, protrusions going up from each shoulder blade. Its head felt like it was covered in a helmet, the smooth, cold iron-like "material" distinct from the rest of the body. He had to be careful not to trap his fingers in holes on its head, nor jab himself on the long spikes protruding from the "helmet". He soon found its mouth, its teeth feeling like part of the "helmet" itself.

The Aggron gently moved his hands off the mouth, the boy checking its hands next: just like the rest of the "unarmored" exoskeleton, save for the claws at the end; he had to be extra careful not to cut himself on those, though the Aggron made sure to move them in case he got close to a tip. He went down the arms, feeling the "armor" along its elbow before moving on to the legs. Its legs were bulky, with "armor" around the knees. Thick ankles gave way to the feet - and once more, Hideo had to be wary of the claws.

With that done, the Aggron turned around, giving Hideo a chance to inspect its back. He felt the metal plate along its spine before reaching its very thick tail, large and segmented in the same exoskeleton as the rest of its body.

Its whole body smelt of metal mixed with stone, like mining equipment.

And with that, Hideo was done with his inspection. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary; they all felt the same as every other time he'd felt them.

And he knew well how they felt, for that was how he knew them.

Total Dream Score: 600

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
A Child Of The City[DDD]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 23:30:21 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1096886782798331986/HeartToHeart.mp3?ex=6546a1ec&is=65342cec&hm=d2162459eae41e1fd5fc4235389efd5427b308b9d432f2a589af1b5acb27ba25&[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Tastes like Power
[attr="class","monody"]
The creature floated around Hideo silently, yet he knew where it was at every moment. He didn't know what it was, yet he was comfortable with it floating so close to him. Even its voice was unknown - yet familiar.

"Congratulations, young one," it said to him, "you're the first one to make it this far." He didn't know where here was, but it didn't sound like any place he'd been to before; there was a strange emptiness here, and it was only then that he'd realized he was floating, like he was underwater - yet he had no trouble breathing.

"Now, if you truly desire to make my power your own, answer me this: if I could grant you anything, what would you want? It could be anything, no matter how big or how small."

Hideo floated there, mouth shut. He thought of his life, how he'd been able to go on the adventures he'd always wanted, met so many friends, caught so many Pokemon, traveled to so many different places. What could he ask for?

He pondered on it for a moment, before the lightbulb in his head lit up.

"Well, if you could grant me anything…could you grant me the ability to talk to Pokemon?"

There was no expression for Hideo to see, but Hideo could feel something off.

"Is that…truly what you would desire most?" the creature asked of him. "You could ask for anything: riches beyond measure, the adoration of those around you, the authority that would let all listen and obey you."

Hideo shook his head. "Those aren't really satisfying if they're just handed to me. I wanna earn those things; heck, I'm pretty close to getting those already!" But something as cool as being able to talk to Pokemon? To understand what he'd always been forced to intuit by their sounds and actions? Who else could boast that they had such ability? "It's something I've never had, and it's something I'd never get, so that's why I'd ask for it!"

The creature stopped in front of him. "So you desire something that could never be achieved…then let me ask you one more question: would you not desire sight? To witness the beauty of the world denied to you so? To no longer need to rely on those around you? So you could live your life like any other child?"

Hideo was quiet for a moment - but he merely shook his head, a smile on his face. "'Course not! Not being able to see is my life, and I'm fine with that!" To him, being able to see would be a cool ability to have - but not necessary; like being able to Teleport, or breathe fire, or move with super-speed.

Or talk to Pokemon. "The world is already beautiful enough to me as it is now, and I don't mind needing help with reading and stuff; I already need help with stuff like Teleporting and starting fires!"

"I see," the creature said - the bemusement clear in its voice. "I've misjudged you, Hideo Kino. It would seem that I too still have much more to learn about this world." Hideo felt the creature grab his finger, its hand no larger than his thumb. "I'm content with your answers. You seek to learn in a way that no other human can. And as such, I find you worthy."

Hideo felt a strange energy course through him. He didn't know what was happening - yet at the same time, he had a hunch.

He was chosen by this Pokemon.

"Now go forth, my Unseen Sage."

Total Dream Score: 800

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
A Child Of The City[DDD]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 23:33:25 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1014676037436719164/TheMorning.mp3?ex=6542dd33&is=65306833&hm=7d6c9b334a81c987527c72972bb4c20c79c747d8f1fffbf470e4c53e5ffc7b44&[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Let's Talk
[attr="class","monody"]
Love (5/5)
There was never any certainty what changes would come from becoming an Avatar; Hideo expected to feel different, like he was brimming with power, that he could wield with his very fingertips.

But he just felt the same. The only difference was that he no longer heard the cries of Pokemon - he heard their words. He didn't have to intuit their meanings, he didn't have to learn their patterns and habits to understand.

He'd taken the chance to speak with his Pokemon, starting with his main team. He'd already spoken with four of them: his Lycanroc, his Ambipom, his Ribombee, and his Aggron.

So he was onto his next Pokemon, his Beheeyem. It had always been by his side, so it was just a matter of finding a good spot to sit. Which wasn't hard to find.

Once he was comfortable, he began with the same question he started with for all his other Pokemon: "Elga, have I been a good trainer to you?"

"Yes."

Hideo hadn't expected a long answer from his Beheeyem. It'd been with him for 5 years, and even then, there was a lot that was hard to understand about it.

"Do you enjoy just being around with me? You're one of the Pokemon I rely on the most for basic stuff, like guidance or reading. I remember being taught most Pokemon like to battle…but I don't have you battle as much as my other Pokemon. Are you fine with that?"

"Always. I will always enjoy watching you do your best, and will always do what I can to help you perform optimally. Knowing that I have been able to help you grow and progress towards your dreams is the greatest joy I have felt."

Hideo went silent for a moment, his heart warming. His Beheeyem had always been the Pokemon he "understood" the best, courtesy of being subject to its Telepathy so often, yet it was good to just hear this.

But the silence didn't last.

"Hideo: do you believe you have been a good trainer?"

The silence returned. Hideo did get some questioning of his own from his other Pokemon, but the questions had been more simple. Like his Lycanroc asking him when he could start sleeping on top of Hideo's bed again, or his Amipom asking him how her singing was, or his Ribombee asking him to get a small bed, or his Aggron asking Hideo how his metallic body felt. This was his first Pokemon to ask him a question that got him to think.

"I…I want to think I've been a good trainer to all my Pokemon. I spend time with them all, keep them fed, keep them clean, and train them as best I can."

He didn't know if his Beheeyem was content with his answer, with the silence that followed. It was an uncomfortable silence, one that went on too long for his comfort.

"...but even then, I've failed some of them, haven't I? Some of them needed me to guide them when they needed me most, but I failed them. And now they're gone."

"It is not your fault, Hideo," his Beheeyem answered. "The result would have been the same for anyone else in your situation. It was the same for many others. You cannot blame yourself for what happened. Nobody else does."

Hideo looked away from his Beheeyem, unsure how to respond. He wanted to argue, to protest that answer, but he just couldn't, not even as he felt his Beheeyem's large hand pat his back. "You are too hard on yourself. Everyone fails sometimes, everyone stumbles. It is ok to mourn, and you should learn from your mistakes, but you cannot allow those losses to consume you."

Hideo quietly nodded, using a sleeve to wipe away the tears in his eyes. Those were the words he'd told himself before, words he'd heard others tell him, ones he still struggled to accept.

"Elga…thank you."

Hideo reached over, pulling his Beheeyem into a hug. He didn't know how long he held his Beheeyem for, but it just felt nice to him. Not that he'd been good at keeping track of time.

"Hideo. You are aware you are not truly talking with us, yes? You have spoken the questions you've wanted to ask us, and you have received the answers you expected."

"I know." He'd become aware that this was all a dream some time ago; he'd realized it'd all been so perfect, so ideal, lacking in many of the hardships he'd known he'd been through. "I just…I wanted to hear it from all of you. Even if this isn't real, it still feels good to hear. That's kind of weird, isn't it?"

"There is value in stories, truth or fiction. There is nothing wrong with being happy in a dream or an illusion, so long as you remember to return to reality."

Hideo let his Beheeyem out of his arms. "There is one Pokemon you truly wish to speak to, is there not? You should speak to her before the dream ends."

"Right. Thank you, Elga." He couldn't resist reaching out, patting the Beheeyem on the head, before walking over to the one Pokemon  he wanted to talk to most.

"And know this, Hideo: we all adore you. Each and every one of us. No matter what, we will always be here for you when you are at your lowest, and when you are at your greatest."

Total Dream Score: 999

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
A Child Of The City[DDD]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 23:26:16 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1004888814633893969/Confessio.mp3?ex=654d66a3&is=653af1a3&hm=522db183b12bf6885176256eb358a78e43f55f09d5ee8c29fa926af8e74c5860&[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Let's Talk
[attr="class","monody"]
Reunion (6/5)
It wasn't a long walk, and Hideo knew exactly where he was the moment he stepped foot in it; the stale, foggy air and dead grass around him immediately told him he was in a graveyard.

And he immediately knew what those footsteps were from - and knew immediately what Pokemon was now clinging to him. "Hey Squeeze," he said, his hand rest atop the Ariados's back.

"I'm so glad we can finally talk, Hideo!" the Ariados answered. "Even if this is just your dream!"

Hideo smiled - a bittersweet smile. He knew this really wasn't his Ariados he was holding, even if she felt the same and sounded just like he expected her to. "Squeeze…was I a good trainer to you?"

"Of course! From the moment I met you, you'd been good to me! I dunno what I would'a done if I never met you!"

Hideo wanted to feel happy hearing that - he wanted to hug her closer to him - but all he got was a dim feeling of guilt. "But…when we went to that museum, and we fought those Unown, I took a big risk…and then-"

He felt one of her legs press against his mouth. It didn't block him from speaking - he could've finishes if he wanted - but the sudden gesture caught him off guard.

"Hideo, you can't blame yourself for what happened to me." He felt her let go of his body, though she still stood close. "I don't regret giving my life to protect you. Any of your other Pokemon would'a done the same."

"But you were the first Pokemon I ever caught! I owed it to you the most to be the best trainer, someone who could be a Champion. And all I did was get you killed!"

He'd shouted that last part, his echo reverberating through the air. An uncomfortable silence lingered after, leaving only his words on his mind.

"It…it wasn't just you that died that night. I think a part of me died when you did. I think…I think that was the first time I really thought that leaving home might've been a mistake."

The silence returned, a bitter taste in the air. If he'd never left home to go on the Gym Circuit, he never would've gotten involved at the Museum. It would have been a frustrating, stagnant existence, but she would still be in it. And the same went for all the other Pokemon he'd lost, each loss crushing his dream further and further until it was a fine dust carried away by the winds.

"Do you regret catching me, Hideo? If you knew something like this would happen, if you knew losing me would hurt you so much - would you have never caught me in the first place?"

It took Hideo a moment to answer, to come up with something to say. "N-no…I mean, I don't regret catching you, Squeeze. I just-"

"If thinking back on how you lost me is so painful, then focus on the good stuff instead; how happy you were when you caught me, all the time we spent together training or having fun. Think about how training me taught you so much on how to train other Pokemon. Think about them, and how happy they are being with you now."

Hideo tried to find his words, but they were nowhere to be found. He simply stood there, feeling a pair of his Ariados's legs squeeze his hand.

"I'll always adore you, Hideo. I wouldn't take back any of the time I spent with you."

Hideo knelt down, wrapping his arms around his Ariados, holding her up and holding her tight. He could feel the tears drip down his face, and he could feel her patting his back.

He'd stay there for as long as he could. As long as the dream would remain. He missed her dearly, and he wouldn't waste this chance at a reunion - even if it were just a dream.

Total Dream Score: 999

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
A Child Of The City[DDD]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 0:46:56 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1144773474343211078/Fae_Kingdom_-_Tension.mp3?ex=6557f561&is=65458061&hm=578b18efc4a207e8c9097c4cc5a551cae3fe0ac46c8ae2de34cbc3d7743eae8c&[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Take a Look At That Snout!
[attr="class","monody"]
Scenario 01
Sent off into the woods alone, our brave, blind boy was to search for his shadow Pokemon, one that was no less eager to murder him than any of the other shadow Pokemon roaming about. Trapped in this place without even a single Pokemon to aid him, he truly was in for an adventure!

But he wasn't without aid, for there was an ever-helpful voice to guide him on his quest!

Accessibility Options

A narrator will narrate your journey, describing the area around you and what you're doing. Only you can hear the narrator. You cannot turn the narrator off.

"Can you just tell me where my Drowzee is?"

The boy was eager to find his missing Pokemon, but there'd be no shortcuts in his quest! This Testy Typhlotic Tyke was gonna have to trawl these woods and find it on his own.

"Greeeeat."

And so, he went upon his journey. Fortunately for him, he found a long stick to hold on to, that he used to probe the area, to ensure he didn't bump into any trees or fall over any hills.

"Can't you just tell me when I'm about to walk into something?"

It was the best he could do to keep himself safe.

"You're not being very helpful."

The boy had no idea of the strange landscape he walked through, but he carried along, annoyed as he may be. The sounds of attacks and battles could be heard through the forest, leaving him with little in the way of hints of where to go, but that would do little to deter him on his search. More than one attack came his way - but he heard them before they reached him, clumsily evading each and every one!

"It'd be easier if you warned me when the attacks were coming!"

He was able to avoid the worst of it, doing his best to get away from the center of the chaos. Yet no matter where he'd go, trouble came for him. A familiar Pokemon charged at him, its head-

The boy avoided the Headbutt just in time, the Drowzee tumbling to the ground as her balance was lost. The boy didn't have a moment to spare: it was only a matter of time until it got back up and went for another attack! If only the boy had the right solution, one that'd been with him the whole time!

"Wait, are you talking about the-"

As the boy openly questioned his choices, he felt a psychic power envelop his body, throwing him back into one of the trees. Seemed he took too long, and the shadowy Drowzee was after him again!

But the boy finally put 2 and 2 together, retrieving the Dream Ball he'd had stored away. The moment he heard the Drowzee's footsteps get close, when he heard the next attack charging up, he tossed the ball, hitting the Drowzee straight on its forehead - and drawing it in!

The boy wouldn't have much time to think on their catch, though; time stopped around them as a new menu appeared, offering him two options: to purify the Drowzee at the loss of power to protect, or keep its power and forever stunt its growth. The boy sat there, the two choices in front of him, the boy deliberating which to choose.

"I'm just trying to catch my breath. That Psychic hurt."

Perhaps he was truly considering to leave his Pokemon corrupted, to forever leave it an unwieldy source of power, one that'd already proved troublesome before he'd been drawn to this world. The power to protect was one he'd wanted dear, but would he truly sacrifice his Pokemon for it?

No, he didn't: his hand tapped the option to Purify his Pokemon's Heart. Would he come to regret his choice, lacking the strength he'd need? Who would know. A menu appeared asking him to confirm his choice - and he pressed the confirmation button with less deliberation.

The menu was gone, his choice made. All that he had now was the occupied ball and himself - and a new set of clothes: a yellow-and-brown-striped sweater with brown shorts, with yellow shoes. The boy gripped his new clothing, baffled by the sudden change - so baffled that he almost missed the new set of ears he had atop his head, and the extra-long snout he now sported.

He touched the new appendages, his mind possessing a bevy of questions, all expressed with a single question:

"What the fuck is going on here?!"

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1070083304704978944/oie_31214723CHIp44pe1.png?ex=655d17bd&is=654aa2bd&hm=57b98772fba2a93d4a42749d664e9204388e7b62d4f953bffd77d844f3d06145&'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
A Child Of The City[DDD]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 15:57:46 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1074343940616097822/Fae_Kingdom_-_Whimsy.mp3?ex=656c97c3&is=655a22c3&hm=4ab39a13a89c9c07190a9288c1da145ada36c0b25ad180e42c764b46242f2e5e&[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]LFG!
[attr="class","monody"]
Scenario 02
The Testy Typhlotic Tyke could only wonder if he was the only person changed like this; he still wasn't used to his new snout, or his ears being atop his head rather than to the sides, his hands probing both even as he was granted his newest quest. He couldn't help but wonder if all VR games were like this, if this was why they were so popular.

"Just wish they were easier for me to play."

Alas, though he'd only just got himself out of danger, it was time for him to run headlong into danger again: it was time for some good-old-fashioned dungeon-crawling! But before he could do that, he'd need to gather a party.

Which wasn't hard: the moment he mentioned it to one group, one of the people quite literally took him in, hauling the boy up and carrying him off to the dungeon. It brought to mind all the times one of his friends, , did the same, and for a moment, the boy thought it might actually be his friend.

Those expectations were dashed as he found this person lived up to their title of "the self-taught redneck'd quack", and was very eager to…practice on anyone who got hurt in their battles. Usually by recommending the usage of Eelektriks to "balance the humors".

His other party members weren't much better; the "terror tot" was running ahead, audibly enjoying her battles against whatever shadow Pokemon stood in their way. Sounded almost like what some people described as acting, inaccurate it may be.

Most obnoxious was their last party member, who spent most of the time crying. "The crybaby diva" indeed. Maybe it would make for a good story to tell , when he got the chance.

In all the chaos, the boy took a moment to observe the newest items in his inventory; not like there was much for anyone to look at with this bland dungeon design.

Testy Typhlotic Tyke -

Frustration, Echoed Voice, Minimize

"What kinda move-set is this?"

Alas, it was all he had to work with; apart from the rhinoplasty and otoplasty, he was still the same old kid he came in here as. His fighting skills hadn't gotten any better!

"Well you don't have to rub it in."

And what a terrible time to realize it: they'd finally reached the final boss of the dungeon! A truly terrible and tall boss was awaiting them, one that the Testy Typhlotic Tyke was no doubt familiar with! Though he had to hear its distinct footsteps to realize just which one it was.

"Elga?"

It was indeed a Beheeyem, much larger than before - and much less kind than the one he knew! A Rock Tomb scattered the party, separating Hideo from the others, and it seemed this boss's attention was on the boy! Who was all by himself, even though he had a Pokemon to aid him!...one that he'd caught earlier.

"Oh, right!"

He let out his Drowzee, its ears and nose matching his own. There was little time to embrace the shadowlessness though, as the boss was still standing there, readying an attack. The boy was quick to draw one of his cards, the Echoed Voice card - and was pushed back by his own attack as it blew out from his mouth, striking the boss.

"Holy crap is that what it feels like?!"

It stunned the boss for a moment, giving the boy a moment to devise a plan.

"Drowzee, toss me! I gotta get close for a big hit!"

He Minimized himself to make it easier, the Tyke now a Tot. A quick Psychic flung him right at the boss's head, the boy letting out another Echoed Voice, downing the boss. All he had left to do was deal the final blow.

There was some hesitation on his part, some part of him afraid that this was the Beheeyem he knew - forgetting that this was just a Beheeyem. That realization was enough to get him to use his final card, his Frustration focused on one last punch.

A weak punch; try as he might, he never wanted to raise a hand against any Pokemon. Let alone one he was so familiar with. But that final blow was enough, the boss exploding into a pile of loot that his other party members were eager to pick through.

Even the boy couldn't resist the temptation, his hand quickly finding the familiar feeling of an empty Pokeball. It was no different than any of the others he'd used to catch so many Pokemon before, but this one, he just wanted to hold on to. So he did.

There was always comfort in those old dreams he once held so high. And he did still feel that bit of joy every time he caught a new Pokemon.

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1070083304704978944/oie_31214723CHIp44pe1.png?ex=655d17bd&is=654aa2bd&hm=57b98772fba2a93d4a42749d664e9204388e7b62d4f953bffd77d844f3d06145&'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
A Child Of The City[DDD]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 19:29:29 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1186751438609723552/The_Dream_Must_End.mp3?ex=65946367&is=6581ee67&hm=1a0d02fb250ff58a1aec7112764b9a534460b47b34833df54ef5f154807522a6&[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Time to wake up
[attr="class","monody"]
Scenario 03
The usual narrator will not be speaking to you this time, Hideo. I will be taking over for this one. I could tell the one you had was annoying you, and you did not want them to speak to you in here.

"...thanks, Elga. I think you already know why I'm here."

Yes. The King of that world needs you to end this dream world.

"Never could keep secrets from you. Not even gonna try to stop me?"

No. This world was never real to begin with. It exists solely as a dream - and it will end when you wish it to. But do you know how to end it?

"Kinda…it's sorta like an instinct? I know what I have to do. Just gotta find her."

Very well. I will guide you to her. You need only keep walking forward. Just one step at a time. They may all feel the same, and there are no obstacles in your way, but do not rush yourself.

And if you want to cry, then cry. No-one here will think less of you if you do, and nobody outside this dream will know.

And soon, your feet have carried you to your destination. It's best you wipe away your tears as you walk across the graveyard. She is right where you left her, waiting for you, and the skittering of her feet tells you she is approaching.

"Don't be sad, Hideo," she said to you, her legs squeezing your hand. "It's not wrong to want to stay here, but you gotta wake up eventually. I'm sure you'll have another dream with me in it."

"I…this dream. It's not like other dreams. I can remember it perfectly. Other dreams just go away, but this…this feels so real. It's like you're really here, Squeeze."

"I know. I'm not in your life any longer, but you can't forget about all the people and Pokemon that rely on you now. You don't have to forget about me, but don't forget about them, Hideo."

The hesitation in your hands is clear, the tears on your face falling. But you know this has to be done, Hideo. And she knows it as well; she gives you one last hug, holding you tight. Once she releases you, her legs guide your hands down, past her horn, past her eyes, past her mandibles, past all the familiar sensations that make this dream feel more real than it truly is.

Until your hands are down to her neck.

"I'll always love you, Squeeze."

"I know, Hideo."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
A Child Of The City[DDD]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2023 18:33:08 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1099153535247065108/Nontrad_Complete.mp3?ex=6598b500&is=65864000&hm=2682e8106485b7286da1039fd45307fa0bdafa9a282aa7513b26b7e5c3879522&[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]The First
[attr="class","monody"]
Scenario 04
The boy was led by his eldest brother's hand, the two walking along the worn path. His Lycanroc was close by, ever vigilant in its watch to keep the boy safe. Not that there would be much danger here: the route was low-risk, one that new trainers often visited.

For the boy was here for one goal: to catch his first Pokemon!

"...why are you making me go through this again? You just made me kill her."

The boy had several other Pokemon, but this would be the first he'd catch. Any proper trainer could catch a Pokemon, and he had to prove his abilities.

But just what Pokemon would he catch? Just what would he encounter first? Step by step, he got closer, the mystery growing. It was taking more time than one would expect for a wild Pokemon to show…perhaps this was just a bad day?

"...it's because Rocky's scaring them away."

Truly a mystery!

He walked countless steps, but he carried on, even when his brother asked if he wanted a break. He needed to catch a Pokemon today.

And sure enough, soon, he could hear a rustle in the grass. His Pokemon and his brother were on guard, and the boy already had a Pokeball in hand, ready for a fight.

What came out was a small Spinarak. The first random Pokemon he'd encountered - and they fully expected to engage it in a battle.

What they got instead, was the small Pokemon leaping onto the boy, wrapping its legs around his leg. Any trainer knew that a Pokemon would choose battle over such a hasty move - especially when a stronger Pokemon like his Lycanroc was standing right there - but the little Pokemon held on tight…and did nothing else.

The boy could hear his brother and Lycanroc approach - no doubt to pry the Spinarak off him. But the boy could notice its trembling figure, and he could hear the rustle in the grass where she'd come from.

"Don't…don't hurt her. I think she was scared of something. And she's not hurting me."

It was enough to give pause to his companions - and the rustling in the grass moved away from them. Which just left him with a scared Pokemon clinging to him for safety. Who didn't seem to let go, even as the threat was gone.

And the boy still had a Pokeball in hand. It was easy enough to guess what to do next; a little anticlimactic, considering the lack of a battle, but a single tap of the Pokeball was all it took to draw her in - and there was no resistance, no rocking of the ball. No suspense to whether she might break out.

His brother was there to congratulate him as the emotions welled up; his first catch, and anticlimactic as it was, it had gone well!

The boy let his newly-caught Pokemon out of her ball, the small Spinarak before him. He knelt in front of her, reaching down and picking her up.

"I forgot how small you were back then. I could actually move when you clung to me."

His brother placed a hand on his shoulder, and reminded him of the important duty every trainer had for their new catch: deciding on a nickname.

"...Squeeze. I'll call her Squeeze…"

Squeeze. A simple name appropriate to how they met.

"...Squeeze…I want you to know something."

…this isn't how it went, Hideo.

"I know. But I want to speak to her."

Fine.

"Squeeze…if you stay with me, you're going to die. You'll die protecting me from a threat any other trainer could've avoided if they were clear-headed. I can't be the trainer you need me to be."

The boy put the Pokemon down, and held its Pokeball in his hands - and attempted to pry it open further than it could open, until the hinge would break and it would become useless.

But before he could break it, the Spinarak climbed up his leg, up to his chest - and did her best to step him, her little legs trying to close the ball shut. It was a meager effort - he could've resisted it and tore the ball open if he wanted to - but it was her effort that stopped him.

"...why? I already told you what'd happen if you stayed. You wanna stay with me, even if it means you'll die?"

The Spinarak looked up at him, hugging his body tight.

It worked, the boy ceasing his efforts. And so we can continue with the memory properly.

The boy recalled a passage from a book he'd read - a story of a little prince who traveled across many regions, even across worlds, and encountered many different people and Pokemon along the way.

And one had been a small Fennekin that had wanted him to tame it. Its words had always stuck with the boy, even now.

Even beyond this memory.

To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy, like a hundred thousand other little boys. I have no need for you, and you have no need for me.

"Aren't you forgetting something else?" his brother told him. "What should you always do when you first meet someone?"

To you, I am nothing more than like a hundred thousand other Pokemon. But if you catch me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. And to you, I shall be unique in all the world.

"Right. I didn't tell her my name yet."

If you catch me, it will be as if the sun came to shine on my life. I shall know the sound of a step that will be different from all others. Yours will call to me, like music.

"You can call me Hideo."

There is a truth that many forget: you become responsible, for whatever you have tamed. You are forever responsible for them, just as they are forever responsible for you.

"My name is Hideo,"

You are responsible for your rose.

"and you're gonna help me become Champion one day."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
A Child Of The City[DDD]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 19:00:31 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1099153535247065108/Nontrad_Complete.mp3?ex=65ab2a00&is=6598b500&hm=59f83ea464e40ebb6557552b6e9e9fa087d306c423123ad267ce388307e1f30d&[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]The End
[attr="class","monody"]
Scenario 05
For once, Hideo didn't have to listen to someone talking his ear off. Perhaps that was his reward for having to kill his Ariados - and then relive catching her in the first place.

Now all that was left was himself, his Drowzee, and a strange tag that just appeared in his inventory. It wanted him to write his desired trait, something that he could change about himself. With naught else to do in the castle, he'd oblige.

Hideo already knew what he wanted to write down, tapping away at the keyboard. It took him a number of times to actually get the correct letters down, but in time, he was able to get his wish down.

I want to be a reliable person

A reliable person could be trusted by his friends to help them. A reliable person could protect Hoenn from whatever threats it faced.

A reliable person wouldn't get their Pokemon killed.

MADE BY MIZO
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights