part of
TAG WITH @shrocs
SHIGURE URUHA
walking encyclopedia
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 7:49:02 GMT
SHIGURE URUHA Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

"ah... is that how it is...?" they tilt their head, and while they're usually very stoic (and borderline sleepy), there are clear hints of interest reserved for people shigure quietly welcome into their circle. it's not often they do so, but shigure easily warms to kindness, even if any outward expression they wear says otherwise. [break][break]

"i'm still learning, so..." they sniff awkwardly, picking at his work gloves. after all, becoming a "daycare worker" was very much so a last minute decision on shigure's end. however! nikola's visits and rambling about different types of pokemon was proving to be useful. it's unfortunate such knowledge would be used for more... unsavory practices, but as far as they knew, shigure used it only for good! and considering how they've only been in hoenn for a handful of months, even random information on zigzagoon was appreciated. [break][break]

"there's a difference though right... between regional versions or something?"[break][break]

+ / friends!

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky
[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#f1ca3e;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

newt

niko, nikki
they/them
august 26
mossdeep city
bisexual
data entry lackey
rising star
by the time i awoke, i had become a poisonous insect
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA CATELLUS
walking encyclopedia
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 17:55:33 GMT
NIKOLA CATELLUS Avatar
nikola nods enthusiastically. they're missing their usual glasses this time around, having experienced just how inconvenient they can be, but otherwise their usual exuberance is on full display here. someone brought in a galarian zigzagoon shortly after they arrived, and the check-in sparked this discussion of regional variants. "that's right! many of them don't just look different, but they have completely different typing. some even evolve into different pokemon! for example, galarian linoone evolves into obstagoon, even though the more standard linoone doesn't evolve at all."

they lean back against the counter. this place has a certain aura about it... a place where they feel welcome. they don't know if it's because of shigure, or if it's because there's so many pokemon existing peacefully here. if they knew what was behind the daycare, they'd likely feel different. they're oblivious, thankfully, to all but the most obvious going-ons of team rocket.

"there's been even more interesting 'regional' variants showing up lately because of the rifts. we're seeing pokemon that haven't existed in a very long time-- that were thought to have gone extinct. as well as pokemon that shouldn't exist at all, i hear!"

close tab

played by

eli

N/A
he/they
MARCH 19th
lavender town, kanto
bisexual
daycare worker
grunt
leave all those things
i did in yesterday
1000000 height
1000000 height
bingo bongo...
awards
44 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shrocs
SHIGURE URUHA
walking encyclopedia
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 12:00:31 GMT
SHIGURE URUHA Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

shigure nods sagely in response to nikola's rambling, thinking back on reports he had read prior to his departure from kanto and upon his settling to hoenn. of course, being a grunt, he heard the bare minimum as needed being regions away, though being briefed on the full extent was something else completely. basically? his head was very full of this and that so getting refreshers from someone that didn't dress it up in unnecessary fancy words was a blessing. [break][break]

"have you seen any?" they find themselves asking, drumming their fingers on the counter. "uh. the extinct ones or. the... not real ones...?" probably a stretch to ask, but who knew what nikola did when they weren't hanging around here all starry eyed at the plethora of species that came and went. the same could definitely be said for shigure, after all. [break][break]

"with... uh, whatever's going on in the region, i see variants and stuff come in all the time," they explain, scratching at the back of their head. "i guess... it'd be good to know the difference between er... a present day one and one that's just. not from here." luckily it isn't a lie. the amount of information they had to absorb was quite a lot (the specializations of his "day job" and the necessities of his night one... it's an overload!). what would happen if something dangerous plopped itself in front of them and they just thought it was another region's jigglypuff? they'd definitely get eaten. [break][break]

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#f1ca3e;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

newt

niko, nikki
they/them
august 26
mossdeep city
bisexual
data entry lackey
rising star
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA CATELLUS
walking encyclopedia
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 2:46:00 GMT
NIKOLA CATELLUS Avatar
when shigure asks if nikola seen any rare variants or extinct pokemon, they thumb their nose, grinning at him. they let him finish his thought before they continue, though by the way they're digging their phone out of their pocket, it's becoming abundantly clear that they have something to show him.

they open their phone gallery and display it before them. in the picture is a kabuto, in the flesh, sleeping in what looks like a cozy basket. in the next, it's eating from a bowl of pokemon food. next is a video in which nikola records the noises it makes and compares it to what scientists of the past used to believe it sounded like. there's a few more fluff pictures, in which nikola seems to be quite fascinated by (and enamored with) the fossil pokemon, despite its hard exterior.

"i caught a kabuto in the desert a while back," they explain. "it's not the most rare thing you'll find out there, but it's been very interesting to study!" and to lavish with love and affection, it seems.

close tab

played by

eli

N/A
he/they
MARCH 19th
lavender town, kanto
bisexual
daycare worker
grunt
leave all those things
i did in yesterday
1000000 height
1000000 height
bingo bongo...
awards
44 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shrocs
SHIGURE URUHA
walking encyclopedia
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 2:25:58 GMT
SHIGURE URUHA Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","shrocs"]

when the gallery is displayed to them, shigure blinks in confusion. but then they see the photos and a nod of understanding relays itself. so nikola was just gushing. shigure respected it. he had to deal with his sister sending him photo upon photos of both her pokemon and his own (somehow, she managed to capture more pictures than he realized when he wasn’t paying attention). which is to say, while shigure wouldn’t appear to be the type to appreciate things like this, they do! [break][break]

they think it’s a nice way to collect memories.[break][break]

though, they weren’t expecting to see a kabuto so domesticated. [break][break]

“i see…” they tilt their head. “... it’s cute.” in a way. “anyway, i haven’t seen too many of them around, so…” they gesture to nikola a little, in an at least i know someone that owns one now way. “it’s both a rock and water type, isn’t it…? does it like soaking in the water…?” they tilt their head. because, you know, maybe the rock would dissolve…? but then they blink and clear their throat, looking elsewhere. [break][break]

“uh. that might be a dumb question. just remembered relicanths exist.” oops. he must be tired. very much so.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ his little brain empty moment (':

[newclass=.shrocs]font:11px roboto;--accent:#f1ca3e;[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.shrocs .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

newt

niko, nikki
they/them
august 26
mossdeep city
bisexual
data entry lackey
rising star
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA CATELLUS
walking encyclopedia
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 18:34:34 GMT
NIKOLA CATELLUS Avatar
they smile as if it's not a stupid question at all. it doesn't even occur to them to be judgmental. "oh, she loves bathtime!" sometimes nikola runs a bath especially for their kabuto to just sit and soak for a bit. in ancient times, it would have spent most of its time in pools, waiting for prey to pass by before grabbing it with its legs. once a kabuto evolves into kabutops, though, they grace the land with their newfound legs and actively hunt for food. then, once they're old enough, they lay their eggs in the water once more, and the cycle begins anew.

they look thoughtful. "have you had any odd pokemon left here by another trainer? something that doesn't seem quite right?" maybe nikola can help out a bit. their focus isn't pokemon husbandry, but they do have quite a bit of knowledge squirrelled away in that messy brain of theirs. they don't even remember why they know so much. weren't they just a lab assistant? it's not like they ever wanted to be a trainer... right?