Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
what would you trade the pain for? i'm not sure.
awards
220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
Bump In The Night (DD)
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 6:56:22 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

slateport's infamous night market. personally, mika had never been, but she'd heard enough about it from other people before. from the stories, it sounds like a lively place with tons of good food, some weird finds, and great battles. nestled nicely in the lower district of slateport, what starts as a lazy and slow business in the morning slowly morphs into a nightly festivity. [break][break]

strings of colorful lights hanging from posts, pop-up shops and food stalls, vendors selling unique or strange wares, the perpetual sound of laughter weaving throughout. sizzling fires, delicious aromas of food, children running between adults in a game of tag, pokemon and people crowding around each other. the sound of footsteps and flickering lights, and then, in the not-so-far distance, the uproar of an entertained crowd in the battle facility. the occasional sonic boom or ringing chime to signal the madness inside. [break][break]

needless to say, the night market lives up to its hype. it promises to be as fun as it seems, which means that it'll be a nice time for both mika and julie. all mika needs to do is wait for the other woman to arrive. she glances down at her array of pokeballs in the meantime, one of which contains ruru. better to save the baby's energy for when ami is actually here, after all!

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ distorted dreams: red or blue? [break]
+ hehe just hanging out at the night market during night at nighttime when it's dark :slight_smile: what could go wrong? [break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#596DB3;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

eli

Jubes
she/her
may 28th
Lumiose City, Kalos
bisexual
vlogger
civillian
i still dream
of you & i
8008 height
8008 height
and it always becomes bittersweet.
awards
77 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paopu
Julie Solette
Bump In The Night (DD)
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 11:17:46 GMT
Julie Solette Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

the grind never stops, as they say! even with the giddiness in julie's step as she flits through the crowd, eager to slot herself in mika's company, the vlogger would never miss an opportunity to capture interesting footage. excitement buzzes in the air, smiles and laughter every which way no matter where julie looks. it's infectious, and, coupled with the joy in the kalosian's heart, julie felt on top of the world. [break][break]

you see, it's certainly one thing to invite someone out during the day. it's another thing to be spending the evening together, where emotions can run wilder thanks to the blanket of the night. wasn't this practically a date? maybe she could get away with clinging to mika more than usual?[break][break]

as her rotom phone soars overhead, julie hides her grin with her sleeves, head shaking. oh mika! mika, mika, mika. and julie thought she had them wrapped around her finger. the heart's so much more fickle than she'd like to believe. it'd be a wonderful night, that much julie was sure of. [break][break]

after the sea of people part, she catches sight of the ranger, julie waving a hand and calling out to her. "mimi!" she hurries along, rotom phone soon joining her in greeting the taller. "thanks for waiting!" she bats her eyelashes which are slightly longer and fuller than usual. "i hope i didn't keep you!" her gaze turns from mika to their surroundings, eyes sparkling in anticipation. "so? what's on the itinerary? i can't wait to look around!" [break][break]

+ [break]
+ haha nothing ever happens never... haha... teehe... hehe... just two gals on a not date...

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#ce8584;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
Bump In The Night (DD)
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 5:02:46 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

ah, there she is. mika inhales, and in that breath, wonders if she's not doing everything completely wrong. half the time, she shrugs away moments like these, reluctant to place herself or julie at each other's sides, even though they both know the placements are natural. familiar. yet the other half of the time, mika agrees to a show of closeness, and even incites it to begin with. isn't that what civilized people do, though? the two of them don't hate each other despite everything, so there should be nothing wrong with being near each other, instead. [break][break]

right? but julie looks happy to see them, so maybe this is the right thing to do, after all. "hi, jules." it would've been so easy to just elongate the word, and call her julie like the rest of the world would, but as soon as they enter each other's space, it's as though the world around them fades — becoming dull flecks of light in the background of their lives. mimi and jules, jules and mimi. the way it is, the way it had always been.[break][break]

"oh, you're fine, i wasn't waiting long. oh, um, there's a lot of things to do and see around here, so i figured we'd just start at one side of the market and make our way through." mika starts walking towards the stalls, and nods at one in particular. "wouldn't you know it, our first stop is a dessert stall. donuts and crepes, cute and sweet stuff, y'know..."[break][break]

because otherwise mika wouldn't really pay attention to that kind of thing, but there's no denying that the cream shaped in the style of eevee or pikachu is extremely endearing, as well as spun sugar in the form of a golden alcremie — a tiny topper on a decadent treat. there are many other stalls and vendors down the way, too, each one selling something different than the last. it's all exciting to think about, but the excitement ramps up a notch when someone familiar is at mika's side, their silhouettes wavering under swaying lights. [break][break]

now, if only the empty spaces between stalls weren't so dark and foreboding. it's like staring straight into the void, unsettling in the way that even mika would walk a bit faster to get to the next venue...

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ hehehe yeah their total not date like totally it's not a date and yeah just ignore those dark alleys and stuff like wow... [break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

eli

Jubes
she/her
may 28th
Lumiose City, Kalos
bisexual
vlogger
civillian
i still dream
of you & i
8008 height
8008 height
awards
77 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paopu
Julie Solette
Bump In The Night (DD)
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 9:24:06 GMT
Julie Solette Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jubibi"]

at mika's suggestions, julie can't help the giggle that escapes her. she laughs into her fingers, smile bright. it was always endearing, no matter how many times julie bore witness to it. almost six foot tall, with a resting expression enough to be considered imposing, one wouldn't think mika were weak to things considered small and cute (though, perhaps when a stranger saw the softness in her gaze when dealing with julie, it wouldn't come as a surprise at all). and yet, here mika was, already suggesting dessert stalls she witnessed serve only the cutest of designs. [break][break]

"that's just like you, mimi," julie sings, the tease in its melody. she doesn't notice the eerie darkness creeping up on them, so drunk on the high of enjoying the night market with the one person that meant everything to her. nothing could spoil the night... or could there be?[break][break]

red... or blue...? [break][break]

a chill runs down julie's spine, her eyes wide as she blinks up at mika in question. goosebumps raise on her arms, her brows furrowing as a nervous smile plays on her visage. lips part to ask did you say something, mimi? but again, the voice echoes in her ears, drawing her in, the darkness seemingly wrapping around her. instinctively, she yelps (a squeak of a heeyah...! piercing the air around them), searching for warmth and finding it by clinging to mika's arm. her face grows paler by the second, half hidden in mika's bicep. [break][break]

"wh... what was that...?!"[break][break]

the laughter caresses their cheeks with the chilling wind, julie flinching in response. she tucks herself closer against mika's side, a soft whimper leaving her throat. [break][break]

red... or... blue...? [break][break]

+ [break]
+ HERE WE GO! NOTHING SCARY ON THIS TOTALLY NORMAL NOT-DATE!

[newclass=.jubibi]font:11px roboto;--accent:#ce8584;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.jubibi]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
Bump In The Night (DD)
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 5:38:18 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

julie laughs and mika is content to get lost in the sound of her bright cadence, the two of them falling into a familiar rhythm as they walk through the night market. it would be so easy to forget the distance between them, to erase the nebulous years in their past and re-align this night with the many nights spent in their youth, laughing and talking and strolling beneath the stars. just like before, just like it had always been. [break][break]

she's about to retaliate, saying something like well, if anyone knows me well, it'd be you, jules. except she doesn't get to say anything, as a voice so airy and light that it couldn't be attached to a living being echoes throughout, drawn out words almost like a song, empty and hollow as the shadows surrounding them. [break][break]

red... or blue...? mika meets julie's gaze, and any fear the ranger has is immediately dissipated upon seeing the fear in the other's eyes. every instinct in mika tells her to protect julie, to preserve her shine and to dispel any worries — to save something between them when mika themself had ruined everything else. [break][break]

but this? this moment, this night? this was theirs. they weren't going to make the same mistake again. as julie cowers into mika's arm, mika draws her in closer, teeth clenched and eyes hardened as she ponders the possibilities. shadows, voices, the air chilling like ice... none of it speaks to something concrete. it's the makings of a good ghost story, a tale of phantoms and ice in a world filled with warmth. and mika holds onto julie, but also carefully steps forward, so the ranger's body blocks her off — so that mika can finally stretch her heart to match her height, head tilted up so that she looks down at whatever threat presents itself, amber eyes blazing like suns that threaten to burn anything that gets too close to their orbit. anything at all. [break][break]

"stay behind me, julie. and don't worry. whatever it is, i won't let it harm you." with their free arm, mika reaches for her belt, and takes the nearest poke ball she can, activating it in a flash. a large tri-headed dragon appears, san the hydreigon roaring with renewed energy, body shaking with anticipation for some kind of conflict. typically, mika wouldn't let the dragon out unless there was a threat or a wild pokemon nearby, but in this moment, having him out feels more than appropriate. (and what a way to introduce some of her newer pokemon to julie, at that!) [break][break]

red... or... blue...? the voice repeats its earlier inquiry, and mika hesitates to answer it. when she does, however, their response is short but clipped — determined and resolute. "blue," she says aloud, eyes narrowing. "san, on your guard!" [break][break]

9A7g71wL

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ HAHA YEAH NOTHING WEIRD OR STRANGE HERE... NOTHING AT ALL... [break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,911 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Bump In The Night (DD)
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 9:21:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
tentacruel

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

female - liquid ooze[break]
poison jab / hydro pump / acid armor / hex / wrap / sludge wave

[break][break]

BEFORE YOU, a ring emerges out of thin air. The center ripples with energy before a Pokemon is flung out into your world. It may be aggressive, or it may simply be confused. Regardless, the ring closes while you hear a deep snicker emanating from behind it.

YOU ARE ALLOWED TO CATCH THIS POKEMON.[break]
THIS WILL USE 1X POKEBALL.

[attr="class","missionTag"]

close tab

played by

eli

Jubes
she/her
may 28th
Lumiose City, Kalos
bisexual
vlogger
civillian
i still dream
of you & i
8008 height
8008 height
awards
77 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paopu
Julie Solette
Bump In The Night (DD)
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 5:45:47 GMT
Julie Solette Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jubibi"]

mika easily can cover the entirety of julie's body with their height, and though she becomes blanketed in their shadow, julie finds comfort and safety in it. it's nothing like the cold darkness that stretches its grasp out to them from between the stands, attempting to take them by the ankles and drown them in it (though, julie muses, there's a sense of romance in it: intertwined together, searching for warmth in a sea of a freezing abyss? it sounds like something out of a novel, and while it seemed attractive, perhaps fiction should remain as such). against the expanse of mika's warm back, julie's fingers cling to her clothes, basking in the heat and the relief of her presence. [break][break]

a soft gasp of surprise involuntarily escapes her lips at the sight of the hydreigon (san, julie notes), julie only slightly confused at the fact mika owned such a destructive pokemon. still, anything seemed better than nothing, and when the ring appears out of no where, julie flinches and cowers further into mika's back. what reveals itself is a tentacruel, the pokemon looking at its surroundings and wildly flailing in response to being magically displaced. [break][break]

"look out!" the kalosian squeaks, pushing mika to the side and only narrowly managing to avoid a poison coated tentacle. behind it, julie can see the ring closing, laughter echoing as it blinks out of existence. her hair flies with how quickly she whips her head to look back at mika, brows furrowed in concern. what was that? she wants to ask, because if there's anyone she trusted on knowledge about nearly anything, it'd be them. mika experienced the world in a vastly different way than julie ever did (and ever could), and their worldly knowledge was something she relied on often. be it in their every day or in dangerous situations, julie would always think back on the ranger and her advice. [break][break]

it seemed far-fetched though. [break][break]

how likely was it that mika knew of floating circles and pokemon appearing out of no where?[break][break]

before she manages to get the words out though, the tentacruel weighs its options. the hydreigon, a ranger of menacing height... or the girl almost too petrified to move? the water type makes its choice. tentacles spread, it lunges towards julie with the intention of wrapping her, as if julie was the reason it was far away from home. its loud cry alerts her to its intention, and unable to do much else, julie only raises her arms and braces for the impact. [break][break]

+ [break]
+ finally... not 4am eli writing...

[newclass=.jubibi]font:11px roboto;--accent:#ce8584;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.jubibi]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
Bump In The Night (DD)
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 23:32:12 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

there are curls of warmth at mika's back — julie's touch the gravity that pulls her in, julie's presence the fire that burns in mika's mind. for so many years, mika had tried to hide the complexities of a ranger's life (and the emotions that run through them as a result) from julie, so it feels inevitable that those walls would come down the moment a true threat presents itself. hoenn certainly has its own reputation, but that aside, there are plenty of inexplicable phenomena and incidents that warrant caution against danger. warmth against fleeting cold, care against indifference. [break][break]

even when the threat presents itself to be within the scope of their reality (a tentacruel, emerging from a floating ring, the pokemon looking just as confused as it does hostile), mika doesn't let up. san the hydreigon makes the closest thing it has to a smile, and that's the jagged rows of teeth shining behind barely curved mouths, three times the expressionless faces (but three bodies that more than make up for the lack of emotion in the face, wings spreading and scales undulating like waves). [break][break]

the second that the wild tentacruel selects a target and lunges out, san the hydreigon attacks in return: its three mouths open to form three orbs of energy, the tri-attack bursting open and neutralizing the force of the tentacruel's tentacles, the aquatic pokemon reeling back in pain. [break][break]

julie may escape its physical clutches for now, but mika glances over her shoulder to see the other woman cowering out of fear, small like a shadow and twice as quiet. bracing for impact, waiting for the killing shot. there's something about this moment of vulnerability, about this fear, that affects mika. sparks a fire in their core, puts a chink in the machine. [break][break]

her eyes narrow. the tentacruel is not entirely at fault, for it seems to have been put here against its will. a pokemon with rings...mika vaguely remembers hearing something like that before. loopa? hoopie? hoopa? something like that. the thought is far from her mind, though. her plans are very simple and straightforward. she'll knock the tentacruel out cold, and catch it. it's one thing to catch-and-release pokemon that have been displaced, but something tells mika that people will be safer if something like this tentacruel is put under a rein. might as well be theirs, for all the trouble it's caused. [break][break]

as the hydreigon and tentacruel duke it out, mika gently backs up, prompting julie to do the same. "it's okay," she mutters to her, in a quiet and gentle voice that hadn't been used in a long time. "it'll be over soon...oh, um, in the most peaceful way, of course." they hadn't done anything to control their emotions or their face just now, and the realization sits on them heavily, the potential gravity of the moment holding them so tightly, they didn't think to rein in their truth as they often did in moments like these. "don't worry, jules. i've got you." [break][break]

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ mika is going to catch the tentacruel (after beating it within an inch of its life)! [break]
+ HAHA YEAH NOTHING WEIRD OR STRANGE HERE... NOTHING AT ALL... [break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights