Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
what would you trade the pain for? i'm not sure.
awards
223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
we're still underground [sw]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 4:29:12 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

another day, another excursion. mika enters granite cave with a renewed goal, one that can help her aim towards higher highs as a ranger. [break][break]

to catch at least one pokemon of each type! and to familiarize her pokemon with herself, with each other, and with their surroundings! while she has quite the array of pokemon already, there is an important type of pokemon she still does not have. [break][break]

"i hope we find lots of ground type pokemon here," mika says to her current team. inari the vulpix is on the smaller side, and mika allows the fox pokemon to sit on the ranger's shoulders as they traverse deeper within granite cave. on mika's left, willa the musharna levitates peacefully nearby, deceptively alert for any dangers that may lurk in the shadows. [break][break]

juri the toxicroak is close behind, as well. together with willa, the combined abilities of forewarn and anticipation should alert them of trouble beforehand. but in case that's not enough, then brynn the mawile and bran the dubwool will bring the necessary muscle. brynn leads the charge, occasionally looking back over her shoulder at her trainer, while bran wanders around the entire group, charging at small boulders and scaring away any obvious threats. [break][break]

eventually, it's brynn that signals to her trainer, nodding in the direction ahead of them, giant steel trap on the back of her head opening then closing. "oh..." mika mutters quietly. "that pokemon, it's—"

[break][break]

+ solo wild; steel/ground/fighting

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#596DB3;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 0:08:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD EMBOAR APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BLAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ODOR SLEUTH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROLLOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 0:30:18 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"—an emboar!" mika finishes her earlier statement, a bit surprised. she hadn't expected to see one all the way out here in granite cave. nevertheless, despite being a strong pokemon, mika already had a couple of good fire-type pokemon in her arsenal. talonflame, her first pokemon friend, and now vulpix, one of her newest additions to the team. [break][break]

"we need to pass, but i don't want it to come after us, so..." she nods to her musharna. "willa, put him to sleep, won't you?"[break][break]

the musharna yawns loudly, floating away from mika and towards the wild pokemon, instead. before the emboar can react, bright pink psychic waves of energy emanate from willa's body, and the mega fire pig pokemon is knocked out within seconds. [break][break]

mika praises willa after the musharna returns to her side, and keeps the whole party moving along. they walk along for about ten minutes in relative peace, until brynn the mawile reacts again, and mika looks in the direction ahead of them. what could it be now?

[break][break]

+ solo wild; steel/ground/fighting [break]
+ skipping emboar!

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 17:16:15 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD REVAVROOM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OVERCOAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPIN OUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MAGNET RISE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASSURANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHIFT GEAR

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 5:12:59 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

a revavroom. this pokemon is harder to avoid, simply because they are known for chasing down anyone that looks like a potential threat. knowing this, mika has both her vulpix and her toxicroak team up to knock the pokemon unconscious. normally, the act is a little more violent than what mika feels comfortable with, but she ensures the revavroom is still in working order before ushering her team to go further along in granite cave. [break][break]

"whatever is up ahead, that may very well be our next shot. it wouldn't do to leave empty-handed, after all." she says this aloud to assuage her own fears rather than that of her pokemon, but the sentiment still holds.

[break][break]

+ skipping revavroom!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 2:12:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MIENFOO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INNER FOCUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FORCE PALM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HONE CLAWS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEDITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HIGH JUMP KICK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 4:08:09 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

a mienfoo. that would be fine, since fighting types are helpful, and mika recalls that particular species to be graceful and quick learners. they're also known to be isolated, choosing to train in solitary wilds than in the presence of others. the more mika thinks about it, the more they realize that that sort of pokemon would work perfectly on a team of hers. [break][break]
rather than use other tactics to hinder the mienfoo, however, she'd ask one of her pokemon to face the wild pokemon in a fight, instead. "juri." mika and their toxicroak walk ahead of her other pokemon. the mienfoo they approach seems to be in the midst of training, but stops once a foreign presence draws nearer. [break][break]"mienfoo," mika begins to say, "i challenge you to a fight. if i win, you'll come with us." juri speaks up, as well, the toxicroak making noise that only fellow pokemon could understand. as the mienfoo looks between the frog pokemon and its trainer, it nods once in understanding. [break][break]the fight is on. then, an exchange of blows: mienfoo, graceful and quick, while toxicroak is strong and direct. for a while, it seems like the fight could go either way, but juri the toxicroak uses one last poison jab to win the fight in her favor. the male mienfoo falls to the ground, and struggles before ultimately remaining stuck. [break][break]
mika wordlessly leaves an empty poke ball in the mienfoo's vicinity, nodding once. the mienfoo rolls over on its stomach, and stares at the poke ball for a moment. from the ball to the trainer, it hesitates. but then seeing that the choice is between defeat or possibly being left for dead, touches the capsule without hesitation. [break][break]
the ranger picks up the new acquisition, and nods at juri. she brings the whole team around and congratulates everyone for their efforts today. amid a crowd of happy pokemon, mika stops petting and praising everyone long enough to say: "time to leave. come along, everyone. let's bring our newest team member to a pokemon center, shall we?"[break][break]

+ catching mienfoo!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 8:20:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]YOU CAUGHT THE MIENFOO!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INNER FOCUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FORCE PALM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HONE CLAWS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEDITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HIGH JUMP KICK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!