Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
what would you trade the pain for? i'm not sure.
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
over the moon night [m]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 6:55:24 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

mika hadn't done much during this celebration, except leave a pile of candy on her doorstep, hoping that the all the trick-or-treaters alike would take from the share equally. if they didn't, there wasn't much she could do, except perhaps put some more candy out if she remembered to do so before the night ended. [break][break]

she wasn't the type to really celebrate these kinds of things, but she figured it was a good opportunity to let some of her pokemon out, and give them a chance to experience the night with her. up above, her oldest partner talonflame was soaring high in the sky, barely noticeable over the natural lights around fortree and under the full moonlight. beside her was toxicroak, who walked around with a swagger that intimidated some of the kids around them, but mika knew that juri wouldn't hurt anyone. [break][break]

ahead of mika were two of her newest additions to the team: hina the sunflora, and lee the mienfoo. the former was used to minding mika's community garden, while the latter was only concerned with fighting and not much else. they were two very different pokemon, but the ranger felt that it was important for everyone to get out of their comfort zones once in a while. [break][break]

though not dressed up in an elaborate costume, mika settled for a simple headband that had a fake pumpkaboo attached to the top of it. she also passed out some candy to kids on the street, but after handing some out, soon realized her sunflora and mienfoo were nowhere to be found. uh-oh. [break][break]

a short jog ahead led her to another part of fortree, and nearby a large tree filled with lights and decorations, she spotted her pokemon hovering around another person. "sorry, i hope they weren't bothering you too much." it looked like hina was interested in the contents of this person's bag, while lee was stanced in a way that indicated he wanted a fight. was this seemingly-young woman a trainer? mika sighed, and motioned for her pokemon to leave the poor woman alone. "i don't suppose you'd like some candy as an apology?" [break][break]

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

distorted dreams: tricking or treating

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#596DB3;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
31 (appears way younger due to distortion)
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
163 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
over the moon night [m]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 20:30:27 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Technically, she was too old for this. She certainly felt too old when watching these younglings running around in crappy costumes. Yes, she had done that too at some point. But she had had the strength of character to grow out of that kind of foolishness.

Only now she had been brought back down to size. That one distortion had helped her grow at least some, but a few years were not enough. At least she was not some kind of toddler anymore. But she was still a far cry from being a proper woman. Which blew. Hence, she had decided to spend this night abusing the heck out of her current form. And no, she did not censor herself because of her youthful looks. She was just too classy to use more colourful language. Again, she had grown out of that juvenile enjoyment from just saying dirty words.

Well, for the most part. At least she would like it if people did not treat her with kid gloves. Like that Mienfoo. That one didn’t care at all how old she looked. It just wanted to fight. Lash could accept that, her own Poochyena already being ready to accept that challenge.

But then mom had to swing by and ruin the fun. Booh. Lash was almost as dejected as her Pokemon, which decided to instead kick some nearby stone.

Lash, in the meanwhile, turned towards the newcomer. Wearing an impeccable little black and red devil’s attire, complete with horns to accentuate her oddly-shaded hair, Lash could tell that she had already put more effort into this than Ms. Fake Pumpkaboo. And since she was a devil, she just had to see what she could get there. “I wouldn’t mind an apology at all! But you look like the kind of lady that would have given me candy anyway, right? Then that would not mean much as an apology, if you ask me.” Lash crossed her arms, lightly pouting. Though she also just knew that she was correct anyway. On this of all evenings, she would not be a saint that simply forgave, but a devil collecting her dues.

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
over the moon night [m]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 23:20:05 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

a glance at the poochyena and mienfoo told mika everything she needed to know. two like souls, united in their bloodlust, excited for a fight. mika recalled her pokemon at their own expense, but it seemed like mienfoo and sunflora weren't the only ones with a penchant for sticking their necks out towards danger. [break][break]

mika looked between the little devil and her pokemon, a brow raised. "oh?" not indignant or scolding, but just a neutral curiosity. if candy wasn't satisfactory, what kind of apology would work? [break][break]

"in which case, we could let them go at it. i don't particularly mind if everyone's okay with that." she motioned at her mienfoo, who maintained a serious look despite everything. at the same time, the ranger handed a small box from her bag to her sunflora, letting it rifle through its contents to satisfy the urge of going through someone's things. [break][break]

"but i agree, i would've likely gave you candy anyway. please enjoy some with your pokemon." mika hands extra candy (mostly an assortment of mini chocolate bars and lollipops) to the other, a show of goodwill. but she still left the invitation open for battle. if their mienfoo and poochyena wanted to fight, they could. if the fight no longer seemed enticing to the other girl, then that was fine, too. [break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
163 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
over the moon night [m]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 16:16:04 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Heh. She had not expected that kind of response. But it was good enough. After all, she got candy and something akin to a moral victory. That was probably as good as this got, really. Hence, she took the candy. “Eh, anything is fine, really. I just like things being straight-laced, really,” she replied before stashing it away for now. It certainly would be shared, later, but right then she was still in the collecting stage. The loot would be distributed and consumed once they knew what the haul was, not any earlier. That was true for poaching Pokemon and gathering candy alike.

With the Mienfoo returned and it seeming like the humans were fine with it, Houndour did not waste a moment and simply charged the other head-on for the moment, trying to bite down on the enemy. “I take no responsibility for this one though. I haven’t really trained it much, yet.” Her other Houndour was much more well-behaved. This was the new one she had recently caught though, and it was still relatively wild. Not like that woman over there could complain much, given that she let her Pokemon wander off like this, of course. “Why aren’t you dressed up, though? I mean, you either ignore the occasion or you go all in. Just having a bit of decoration isn’t really enough either way, if you ask me,” Lash added, focusing entirely on the stranger instead of the fight in the background.

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
over the moon night [m]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 3:37:01 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

"i see. i can respect that." mika supposed this was better than the worst case scenario, and no one was getting hurt because of her spirited pokemon. not to mention they had an impressive array of candy to choose from! and around them, others were getting more and more festive, some people even choosing to mega evolve or terastallize their pokemon to make them even more 'dressed up.' what a festive night![break][break]

"that's fine. actually, my mienfoo is..." well, wild wasn't the right word to describe the mienfoo. more accurately, the young pokemon was ready to fight anywhere, anytime. as soon as the other's pokemon started chomping down on mienfoo, lee retaliated, and the two of them were locked in a biting and punching match. mika let it happen, but she brought out her toxicroak as a mediator, so she could stop the two smaller pokemon if they got out of hand. [break][break]

instead, they turned their attention to the devil, who wielded a sharp tongue and wasn't afraid to point its bladed edge at another person, even for fun. "i suppose you're right, but i just couldn't decide to go all in or not. this is pretty dressed up for me, though." she was rather distant and formal in her own way, so celebrating in terms of costumes and candy was a foreign thing to her, still. but as the other pointed this out, mika couldn't help but glance at her costume, in contrast. "your costume is very nice, though. do you like celebrating this holiday?" [break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
163 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
over the moon night [m]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 9:54:05 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
“Hmm, not particularly. But I don’t much mind it, either.” In the past, she had seldom celebrated it for a very simple reason: it was too good a distraction. Halloween in Hoenn could get weird and wildfast. The rangers usually had more to do on an evening where Pokemon just randomly got mega evolved and might pick fights for the entertainment of others. That Mienfoo and her Houndour were fighting comparatively peacefully, so that Toxicroak would be enough to keep them under control in the end.

But, yes, it was a good time to go out and do her job, usually. But being put in a body like this, she still had trouble actually convincing people that she was who she claimed to be, so that was less of an option. Hence she instead had come here, now. “But I guess that’s what makes me different from you. If I decide to do something, I commit to it. Not like it is difficult to do.” After all, she had found this ensemble in a store with only minor adjustments needed. Due to that, it had been quite easy for her to dress up.

But that did not mean she was all too special in that regard. Lash briefly tilted her head, clearly thinking. “See, it would be easy enough for you, too. Your usual style, from the looks of it, lends itself to some easy enough costumes. Like, just add a lot of fake blue fur to the neck and where your hands come out of your sleeves and with a bit of makeup you could make a decently good were-lycanrock.” Lash tended to not go for the all-too-easy sexy-XY routes. And not just because she was trapped in that kind of body. “Sure, you would look a bit less pretty, but that is also what this day is about. That not everyone has to go out dressed to the nines in order to bring something flavourful to the streets.”
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
over the moon night [m]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 4:37:20 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

the more mika spoke to this person, the more confused she was. from appearance alone, she looked like any girl or younger woman in town, but her words were much more...biting. experienced. mika was never good around others her age, so with someone that looked as young as the devil in front of her proved to be even more of a challenge. at the risk of being called a hag, mika just couldn't relate to the attitude of today's youths. "is that so?" [break][break]

she didn't regret talking to her, no, but she certainly hadn't expected the night to turn out like this. at least everyone else was enjoying themselves, from their unruly pokemon to the others trick-or-treating on this night. so mika couldn't really complain, all things considered. "a were-lycanroc...i'll have to remember that for next year, then." it was a good idea, and her own lycanroc would get a huge kick out of it. mika smiled softly at the thought. "that's not a bad idea. you seem to have a lot of experience with this kind of thing." she still had no idea about the other's true nature, though. but why would she? hoenn seemed to attract all sorts of anomalies, so mika might even believe her if she told her the truth about her age or body... but she also might think it's a trick, since it's on tonight of all nights. [break][break]

instead, mika said, "well, since you and i have gotten this far, i suppose it's time for a proper introduction. i'm mika." instead of a handshake, she offered the other a full-sized chocolate bar as a peace offering, of sorts. could be worse, right? [break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
163 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
over the moon night [m]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 21:10:41 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
“Thanks,” she said, while taking the bar from the other. For once, she did not make a snide comment about how that might look to an outside observer. It was okay to give random kids candies on this day, after all. Lash did keep her guard up a bit in that regard, but this was a peaceful place for the most part.

“Anyway, I’m Lash. And you could say that I have a good bit of experience.” Well, mostly with disguises and camouflage that helped stealing and poaching Pokemon. But this wasn’t too different. She was no master of deception, but she knew how to make cheap, adequate things to blend in. Plus, fashion was always important. It was what differentiated them from savages, after all.

Briefly, she watched those two still going at each other as if they were Ultra Beasts fighting for universal dominance, but she soon returned her attention to the one who had given her but a nickname as well. “You seem surprisingly inexperienced though. Do you just usually ignore this day? You do have a bit of a big sister vibe going on, so it’d be odd if you did not have younger siblings to take care of.” Lash certainly abused her appearance to just speak her mind like that. It would probably come off as rude from an adult, but this was just inquisitive, innocent rambling like this. Well, probably.

- ultra beasts 4
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
over the moon night [m]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 4:39:36 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

lash. so that was her name. mika nodded. "good to meet you, lash." it wasn't entirely untrue, even if the young woman did surprise mika at first. but there was a certain mischief and festivity in the air tonight, and mika wouldn't deny it in its nature. [break][break]

"as i said, your experience certainly shows." she managed a slightly bigger smile than last time. "and yes, i'm usually busy this time of year. i think this is the first year in a while that i've attempted to get into the spirit." she was busy with ranger duties most of the time, so this was a nice change of pace, for once. [break][break]

as for the "big sister vibe" that lash mentioned, mika raised a brow, surprised. "actually, i don't have any siblings. though i do like helping others whenever i can." her life would probably be a lot different if she had siblings to share it with. so to lash's point... "i guess that makes me a little odd, then, hehe." [break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
163 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
over the moon night [m]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 16:52:29 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
“One doesn’t have to have actual sisters to be a big one,” she just replied with a bit of a shrug. “Besides, blood relations are generally overrated anyway. You can’t choose family and they are just as capable of deserting you as anyone else.” There was a bit of genuine….annoyance in her words. Not true resentment, more a sort of apathy that was only broken by some irk. Lash was not one to talk about family much, even though she was not one of those people who came from truly broken homes, either.

She was just disappointed more than anything, really. “You don’t strike me as all that odd, though. At least not compared to anyone else in this place. Just normal people, some with quirks, some squares, some put into outlandish situations. But I would just call just about anyone in Hoenn pretty normal, all things considered.” Well, things were getting quite philosophical all of a sudden. She had to put a stop to that, at the very least. “But it is good to have my experience acknowledged, mhm,” she hence started, nodding to herself, in order to dispel that notion. It had taken this woman a few moments to realize it, but at least now she was giving her some respect. That was good enough.

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
over the moon night [m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 9:05:25 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

"...you're right." mika had been content with how things were for so long, but she knew that nothing truly lasted, so it was important to appreciate all that one had before it was suddenly taken away. but the way that lash's voice had been subdued just now resonated with mika. it seemed like there was something hidden there, but the ranger was the last person to pry. [break][break]

instead, she looked at the night, and how the moon waned and the happy voices of trick-and-treaters all around them started to dissipate. it was getting late, and she glanced back down at her pokemon. looks like her mienfoo had been the loser of this bout, and toxicroak had to stop the fight a final time, departure arriving for the ranger and her team. "i agree with you on that. everyone in hoenn, everyone all over the world, we're all pretty similar in normality, aren't we?" there were always some crazy times, too, but what was life without a little spice? at the comment about respect and experience, however, mika paused for a moment, then said, "i guess so. maybe next time we can have a battle for real, seems like i could still learn much from you." [break][break]

tonight, they'd have to cut the fun short, instead. "well, lash, i think i should rein in my team for tonight. thank you for the chat, and your experience. have a good rest of the night, okay?"

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
163 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
over the moon night [m]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 17:26:15 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
“Well, if you want to get beat so badly, I am sure I can make time for that next we meet,” she replied with a chuckle. Naturally, she was confident. It was only overconfidence if she lost. And that was stuff she could care about when it happened. Until and unless it did, that was not her problem. After all, time was the one thing she accidentally had too much of – it was everything else she found lacking.

Though, obviously, she hoped that by the time they met again she would be substantially older, not necessarily due to the passage of time. “Though until then, be safe normal lady. And have a good night without much fright. After all, it will only grow more restless the deeper the hour. It is when candy-seeking children vacate the streets that the real thing starts. Or so I have heard.” Another chuckle, this time due to her all but making fun of herself. Or rather, of the girl she was probably being perceived as. With that though, she was going to bid adieu as well.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights