he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Included In The City's Night (M)
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 23:07:19 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Littleroot didn't have too much to do, but as Hideo learned, it still had a lot more than he'd expected. They already had a new theater put together, and there were a ton of other activities they could try out.

And when was the last time Hideo'd spent an entire night up (for a reason other than he couldn't fall asleep)? Playdates were a rarity when he was back home, and those never went past bedtime. The last time he'd just spent a night out with one of his friends had to have been before he was a Gym Leader.

So why not go and correct that?

Hideo gladly led the way, holding Eris by the hand. It was one of the few times he didn't have a Psychic Pokemon accompanying him, his Ambipom walking by his side. "Wanna try out the karaoke first? The one around here's got a pretty good selection! And the food there's pretty good too."

Mission: All-Nighter
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 10:14:53 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She's no stranger to staying up late and being up to no good, all at the same time. After all, there aren't many in her life who quite know what she's up to, nor do they have much time to check in when they're busy with their own lives. So when Hideo invites her to pull an all-nighter together, she's most definitely in, allowing him to lead the way around his city.[break][break]

Only problem is, her ideas of activities far differ from his. Whilst she craves the outdoors, from going on night walks to finding a perfect spot to watch the stars far from people, he definitely seems the kind to do more chill stuff that won't get them running into cranky wildlife. And Reiner is all too happy to let Hideo take the lead, grunting and huffing as if humming a tune to himself.[break][break]

"You like singing, right?" When it's just them, she finds that her words don't cut into her throat. Even if that unease culminates in her holding his hand just that bit tighter. "You've... gone before?"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 23:47:52 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded. "Yup! I got a lot of practice back when I was home." As sour as it felt to think it, he did get a lot of practice with different things back at home - singing being one of them. None had been what he'd wanted (training Pokemon), but he still enjoyed some of them. "Not to toot my own horn too much, but I've been told I'm pretty good at it~"

"Been to this one a few times, yeah. Got a lot of different songs we could choose from, so I'm sure you'll find something to sing to too." Was Eris a good singer? He'd find out - not that one needed to be a good singer to enjoy karaoke.

They'd soon reach the building, unassuming from the outside by much glitzier indoors. The receptionist recognized Hideo immediately, greeting the boy and offering up the usual - with more than enough space for his friend and her Pokemon.

The room itself was large enough, as promised. Dim, colored lighting illuminated the area, and there was more than enough seating for the kids and their Pokemon (his Ambipom already planting her butt on the nearest sofa seat).

Though Hideo already had his hands on the song selection tablet, hitting a few buttons - the tablet now reading out everything for him. He was going to sing first, in case Eris was a bit shy about singing.

"Any requests?" Hideo asked. "I know a lot more than you'd think."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 2:46:46 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It must be ni-[break][break]

The thought is crushed by the clenching of her fist, the girl keeping close as they head into the establishment. Thankfully, the room is big enough to accommodate all of them, Reiner's expressions almost akin to a wry smile as he splays himself over the couch and makes himself comfortable.[break][break]

"Mmm..." Walking close, she's pulled onto the seat by a lazy tug of the Luxray's tail. The choices that come to mind don't quite fit the atmosphere she perceives there to be, her attention listlessly flicking over the screen. "Whatever gets you going?"

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 19:26:43 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo simply nodded. He had no idea how familiar Eris was with music, or what her tastes were. She could've acquiesced because she didn't have anything in mind for him to sing, or she was just shy about what she liked.

"Fine by me~" Hideo said whimsically, his hand scrolling along until he found a song. "Then lemme start off with something I know pretty well."

With another tap, he laid the tablet down. He extended his hand out, his Ambipom helpfully occupying it with a microphone.

Hideo started singing before the instrumentation came it - perfectly time for the song.

"♪Open the curtains, lights on, don’t miss a moment of this experiment. Oh the book is strange, like Clockwork Orange. Keep your eyes buttered ‘till the eeeeeend~♫"

The last time he'd sung this one was on his blind date with Andy Blackadder. He'd sung it well before, and he sang it well again, keeping up with the song's quick pace. The words did show on the screen, but he couldn't use it - and he didn't need to use it for a song he knew so well. The lyrics were constant, but he kept up perfectly, even getting the right pitch.

The song went on for a whole three minutes, ending on a soft note. “♫What’s the color of the electric sheep you see? And if you love me, can you love your everything too for meeeee?♪

It earned an applause from his Ambipom, a smile on the boy's face. He turned over towards Eris. "Not the first time I've sung that for other people, and probably not gonna be the last!"

He took a moment to catch his breath, before extending the mic out towards her. "You wanna take a shot at it, Eris? You could even try the same song if you really want~"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 11:46:37 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The way Hideo performs the song without missing a single line also earns him a round of applause from her, the lyrics still being taken in long after the instrumentals have died down. But with the mic being held out for her, there comes that uneasy feeling, her eye trained on the offer as she breaks down her thoughts.[break][break]

Does she want to sing? Is there a song she wants to sing? Nothing too depressing... or at least, nothing that sounds like it'd be played at the late hours of night while someone drowns in a bottle of whiskey. What in the world does she have on her playlist that's easy to sing?[break][break]

Though she does take it from him, there is a moment of lip biting, a look being tossed to Reiner as the Luxray begrudgingly moves over to help her pick one out.[break][break]

"♪ Is it fate? If it's not easy, it must not be. At that age, I cherished the flowers beneath my feet. But then something must have changed in me. I used to feel so light. Now I'll try. I just want time..."[break][break]

Breathe out.[break][break]

"Wait again, I will be much better then. Holding on, I said, 'I will be much better, then'."[break][break]

Breathe in. She's by no means a musical prodigy, nor as well-practiced as Hideo is. But as she continues to resonate with the song and lets herself be swept along with the music, she definitely seems more at ease in an environment that she's rarely found in.[break][break]

"Look at the sky, I'm still here. I'll be alive next year. I can make something good, oh, something good. ♫"

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 0:03:39 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo was glad to give the mic to Eris. Whether or not she was a good singer, what was important was that she tried. And it didn't take as much effort as he needed to get to sing.

He sat there, waiting for Eris to make her choice - and would soon be bobbing his head to the rhythm of the song. His Ambipom followed suit, rocking her tail-hands to the rhythm as well. He stayed quiet, not wanting to interrupt her, just listening to her sing.

And she seemed pretty good at it, too!

Once the song hit its end, both Hideo and his Ambipom clapped, cheering as well. "That was great, Eris!" Hideo praised. "Pretty catchy song, too! The instrumentation seemed pretty familiar; think I heard some of their stuff before."

Though he couldn't put his finger on it.

"Wanna take another crack at singing? Or you want me to do a song?" He wouldn't mind hearing her sing again if she wanted to.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 9:22:09 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Think I'm good for now..." While she'd felt okay when she first got going, the embarrassment really starts to sink in as soon as she hears the applause. "Go another."[break][break]

Instincts are overridden by soft reminders from Reiner, her hand stopping halfway through a toss and leading into a rather awkward handoff.[break][break]

"Ever considered having a funny sing off for your non-traditional challenge?"

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 21:40:52 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Nah," Hideo answered, gently taking the microphone. "League's kinda cracked down on silly non-traditionals like that. Gotta do stuff that tests the trainer side of things, and I dunno if singing really fits the 'Ordeal' theme I got going."

Perhaps it could end up being a challenge someone would face in his stories, but his deal with teaching people how to manage through unconventional situations and ordeals; singing could have its uses, but it was far too niche to be a challenge all its own.

Besides: music was 's thing. Even if she wasn't a Gym Leader anymore.

Hideo's hand scrolled along the screen, the songs read out as he passed by each one. It wouldn't take long until he settled on one. "Time for a bit more intense of a song," Hideo said, tapping his selection. There was a brief countdown before the song began.

The instrumentals would start first, but not even a second later, the lyrics would start - and Hideo was on top of that immediately. "♪Don't you break it, don't you fake it, don't you mock it! There's a treasured thing for everyone, and they ain't letting it go!♫"

Just as before, Hideo sang this one well - even if the singing was more intense than his last song. He didn't need any help with the lyrics, keeping up just fine. It was a song of determination, to not give up on your dreams and to be willing to fight for them. It was a notably shorter song than the last, not even a minute and a half long.

"♫What you want to do and, where you wanna go and, what it is that makes you fight! Cut through the dark, move supersonic, make it happen now all through the niiiiight!♪"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 9:15:33 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Right, she'd heard about it. The way that more emphasis had been place on traditional battles to ensure that trainers could first and foremost battle to keep themselves safe.[break][break]

Humming, she tries to listen to the names of songs being scrolled past and pick one out, but then she realises, she really doesn't know much of what's here. And so as soon as Hideo gets his next performance on the road, she lets the thought slip in favour of listening to the lyrics once more. It certainly is an upbeat song, filled with just as much heart as he puts into singing.[break][break]

"Why do we all fight..." Rolling that idea in her head for a moment, she reaches over Reiner for her bag and pulls out half a stack of sticky notes. From her pockets, a pen is produced, an idea quietly scribbled down as she pulls her knees up onto the couch and gets a little more comfortable. "Found a reason why we’re here..."[break][break]

Circles and lines - With how quickly she's absorbed in her thoughts, she almost misses him nailing the last note. To which Reiner has to give her a light tap, cocking his head towards Hideo and watching as she takes a moment to connect the two dots.[break][break]

"O- oh!" Fumbling for a moment, she nearly drops what she's holding in her urgency to clap. "You sang really well! Another?"

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 19:31:55 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo smiled, the song complete - and the applause from Eris (and his Ambipom) further emboldened him. "Thanks! Felt like doing something a little peppier that time. Gotta have a good variety, you know?"

From music to Pokemon to life experiences, it'd be boring if he didn't experience new things every so often. It was how he'd learned so many different songs from different genres, and how he'd managed to get this far in life.

And it seemed Eris wanted him to show off again. "Well, if my adoring audience insists~" A quick scroll on the tablet, and Hideo found his next song of choice. There'd be a familiar countdown before the music started.

There was more of a lead-up before the lyrics began - it'd take a full 15 seconds before Hideo would start singing, though his head was already bobbing to the rhythm. "♪There's no time for what was left behind. It's a maiden voyage after all!♫"

It was a slower song than the others, and less intense, though that didn't mean Hideo was any less into it. He kept up the pace perfectly as he sang the lyrics about someone trying to reunite and reconcile with someone they'd been away from for so long. It was a bit gloomier than the other songs, but he still put his all into it.

"♫I could be dreaming but I feel so wide awake, a secret yearning that is deep inside of me. I can feel you but I cannot see you, I'm reaching out! Reaching out!♪"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 9:49:43 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]With the way that he knows so many more songs than she does, Eris is glad that he's more than happy to continue his solo act. And his next piece causes her breath to catch in her throat, an uncomfortable lump harboured then swallowed with tightly drawn lips.[break][break]

You used to tell me that you wanted us to run away[break]
Didn’t matter, no, ’cause we’d be ok
[break]

"So we can leave together?"[break]
"I can leave this horrible place with you?"
[break]

"We can."[break]
"You don't have to do it all on your own, Errie."[break]
"We'll do it together. Then we can live how we want."
[break]

When it ends, she does her best to smile, clapping for Hideo for his heartfelt performance. But she remains painfully oblivious to just how watery her eyes have become, tears welling up with the frustrations balled within her chest.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 16:25:15 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Moodier music was, admittedly, a risk around Eris. Hideo had a decent idea how she was emotionally, so music that could make her sad was something he'd tried to avoid.

But that was the kind of music he'd been listening to a lot lately, and had more practice singing. And other songs could be a bit more…out there. He didn't want to depress her, but he didn't want to freak her out either.

It was probably for the best that he didn't have a psychic Pokemon out, one that could tell him Eris had tears in her eyes.

"That's two songs in a row from me~" Hideo said, once more offering the microphone over to Eris. "Can't be me doing all the singing, now!...or do you wanna do something else? We don't gotta spend the whole night singing."

He probably could, but Eris? Wouldn't be a fun time for both of them if he dominated the night.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 5:34:41 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Reiner catches it faster than anyone else in the room, gently nuzzling away her tears before she puts her thoughts to words. Despite all that he's told her about relying on him, there are points where she realises that she can't keep bringing the atmosphere down. Or at the very least, she should try her best to keep it in.[break][break]

"Mmm..." Lips pressed together keep her a bit of time to pull herself together, "Not too good at singing."[break][break]

Not too comfortable with hearing her own voice, she means. But it all winds up at the same conclusion. Rolling her pencil back along the groove of the spine, she starts to bend the stack of sticky notes.[break][break]

"Probably better at playing music. If you've ever gotten the chance to play those kinds of rhythm games..."[break][break]

Glancing at him, she hesitates a little. How would him playing those kinds of games actually work? Is it mean to bring it up? A lot of the things she'd do at night were best done with the gift of sight, but when it comes to hanging out with Hideo, she always has to take a step back and remember that what he sees is simply darkness.[break][break]

"Or well, I'm okay if you wanna keep singing? I don't really... know what we'd do."

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 20:27:37 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
They could stay here singing all night until turtledoves were flying up in the sky, but Hideo wanted to make sure Eris was able to do stuff as well. Showing off was alright in moderation; in excess, it could be a bad time for the ones forced to watch.

"You sang just fine before," Hideo said, a smile on his face, "and karaoke's about putting your all into it." But he could catch the hint - she didn't want to sing.

And she just gave him an idea - something she might enjoy more.

"You knoooooow," Hideo drew out, pulling his hand back, "there is an arcade pretty close to here. It should be open, and it's got a lot of rhythm games. Wanna go give those a shot?"

Worst she could say was no.