Yuina Higashi
Smog: Doug & Yuina [RT]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 0:00:00 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Well... She'd found the source of the leak of that mist stuff that had been reported on the far side of the island, but Yuina couldn't have been prepared for what came next. There was an entire group of rampaging Pokemon, huge things like she'd never seen before, some of them even looked entirely made of metal, like machines, and it was clear that they were coming from and surrounding the cavern that they'd likely made bigger from within the island's depths.[break]
Clutching Kyan in her arms, close to her chest, Yuina struggled and ran as she tried to gain some distance from the... Monsters that were rampaging. There was no other word to describe them, they were monstrous, some of them looked like things that would emerge in the Ultra Sea, and they were just... So powerful. She'd lost Johanna... They weren't able to stay together, and Yuina cursed herself for losing her partner, how could she do that? Johanna was a gym leader, like Josh... Surely she had to have extensive knowledge on battling and how to handle situations like this but Yuina...[break][break]
"I... I don't know what to do Kyan... We just have to keep running, try to get away," Yuina huffed, clutching the small Phione closely, she had no such experience that could help her here... Not yet, or maybe even not at all, she couldn't know...[break]
"I still hear them... Let's just wait here for a minute," Yuina whispered, steeling herself within a cluster of rocks to try and keep herself hidden from the monstrosities that had emerged from the cavern.

notes[break]
Smog RT Mission with [break]
+50 MP for Participation; +10 MP Mission Post; Use a Mythical Pokemon +25 MP; Spawning Paradox Pokemon +10 MP[break]
Total MP: 95MP[break]
Branching off from this Thread Here[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 17:08:46 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Smog

With

A wave of psychic force surged the caverns like a flowing river, tinting the world a vibrant magenta as a weighty presence invaded its walls.

A shadow was cast from the entrance unto the cavern, framed by the flapping of a cape.

The sound of human footsteps echoed amongst the stalactites, the click of heeled boots preceding an unyielding command.

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/867820230394904606/Megalo_Box_OST_Soundtrack_1_47_-_MEGALOBOX_320_kbps.mp3[/player]
"Wipe them out."

From the shadows of the caverns, the guardian of Akala seemed to materialize, otherworldly giggles bouncing about the enclosed space as she held out an arm towards the masses of paradox and malformed fusions—

And upturned the earth itself, the cavern's walls around them all unhinging and coming apart as the deity compressed a section of space unto itself, utilizing the hard bedrock itself in order crush all inside.

The figure at the entrance finally deigned it safe to enter the cavern himself, looking around wearily, eyes shifting through the nooks and cranies of the place with relative calm.

So long as Tapu Lele was handling things, John Douglas Sullivan felt safe enough to take his time.

"I can feel you over there." He called out sudddenly, a single hand sliding down to grip at his hip. "Come on out."

Now... Rocket or League?

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,251 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 22:04:08 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Of everything that she had faced on the island so far, Yuina couldn't know which was worse. These monsters that trampled in the cavern she'd found herself in or the lava monsters (Heatran) that were deeper below in the center of the island. At least for the moment, she wasn't at risk of being melted and burned to death by lava, but there was no telling what these things were capable of.[break]
Clutching Kyan close, keeping her breathing shallow and hoping the water type could bear their silence in hopes of staying hidden, Yuina tried to think, desperately of what she was supposed to do. If she could just get out of the cavern and into the open... The sunlight wasn't that far away, but she knew the second that she might come out of the cluster of rocks she had ducked into that at least one of those monsters would spot her. They were raving over the leaking mist, it was like they were drawn to it or something, and she only hoped that she could get out before the mist got to be too much for her too...[break][break]
In her hiding, Yuina heard something else entering the cavern, and then the space itself seemed to shift into something entirely different than what she'd felt just that second before. The cavern shook relentlessly, like the very walls were crumbling in on themselves, and Yuina clutched Kyan tighter, tucking her head in. She was terrified, she had no idea what was happening, the sounds of the monstrous Pokemon blasted through the entire cavern, their cries and roars, until... Everything fell still, and silent.[break]
Yuina didn't dare move, whatever had just come into the cavern was far worse than the monsters that were here, and there she was, huddled within her hiding spot, trapped with whatever it was. Then, a voice called into the cavern, echoing against the walls, commanding her presence be known. Yuina was trembling, she feared the worst, she'd already faced some truly ruthless individuals in this fight, what was she going to be able to do here? She contemplated staying right where she was, trying to give herself that moment to maybe think of a plan of attack in her fugue state, but she shifted just a tad too much, and the sound of pebbles clacking against the ground from her movement echoed into the cavern. She just gave herself away.[break][break]
Knowing she had little choice, that they could sooner collapse the cavern and leave her trapped there or crush her, or anything in between with whatever power they yielded, Yuina slowly moved from her huddled position. She had nestled behind a cluster of stalagmites and moved to look out from behind her now gone hiding spot, and in the dim lighting and shadows of the cavern, she could make out a figure, and something floating beside them, but couldn't make out any discernable features.[break]
"I... I don't want to fight, just... Let me go, and nothing happens," she spoke into the cavern, her voice carrying, but only just, her trembling inhibited her projection. She knew she had to be prepared though, rockets weren't just going to let her go for nothing, she just hoped that she could think fast enough when it came time to force her way through...

notes[break]
+10 MP Mission Post; Reference Race Obstacle +10 MP[break]
Total MP: 115MP[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 20:00:29 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Smog

With

"Sounds good to me." Came the simple reply— followed by the sound of approaching steps, the steel heels of boots clicking against the granite flooring.

"Gotta make sure ya ain't a rocket first, though. Them's the breaks, lady." He said as he marched towards a cluster of stalagmites, eyes narrowing as he saw something like a shadowy figure move amongst them.

Still caught in the range of his terrain, he had vaguely felt her presence when he exerted pressure earlier— akin to the resistance from a boulder one felt when attempting to crush it in their palm.

He stopped a few steps away. He could feel Tapu Lele still nearby... and whoever was hiding behind the rocks, if a rocket at all, clearly wasn't confident in fighting him— otherwise they would've attacked when he and Lele had been busy with the Paradox Pokemon...

There was a possibility that the other was a leaguer, afraid that he, too, was a rocket. It would be problematic if they weren't, though...

Ah well. Lele was there. He could afford to extend the Olive branch first.

"Well? I'm Lt. Colonel John Douglas Sullivan of the Medic Corps." If they were a rocket, this was probably the time for them to dip. "Did that help any?"
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,251 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 19:27:46 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Barely moving, not wanting to make any sudden shifts that could cause this person to seek her out more fervently, Yuina inched slowly from her hiding spot as she clutched the Phione to her chest. She hesitated though as the sound of footsteps echoed, moving towards her, they were advancing, she was terrified but...[break]
The way he spoke? Now being able to focus on hearing more of his voice... No... Was it? And then, he gave his name, and the relief that Yuina felt in that moment was palpable. She didn't hesitate then, she moved swiftly from her hiding spot, trying to stand upright, but she shuttered a bit at only just now realizing how stiff and rigid she had been in her hiding, her muscles ached at the sudden movement.[break]
"Doug? I... I can't, I'm so glad it's you, it's me, Yuina," she breathed.

notes[break]
+10 MP Mission Post[break]
Total MP: 125MP[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 18:42:58 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Smog

With

For a brief moment, he was very confused.

"Yuina?" He said, cocking his head to the side in obvious bemusement. Behind him, the island deity mirrored her avatar, staring at Yuina with naked curiosity.

A moment later, he finally seemed to process what her being here might imply, gasping.

Suddenly he was very close, his hands falling over Yuina's shoulders as he squinted at her face, his head moving from side to side to examine her carefully.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he worked, his hands sliding off her shoulders in order to fish through the boxy briefcase hanging off his side. "Are you a volunteer? Thank you for the service, but you really shouldn't have!"

Civilians new to Hoenn never seemed to quite grasp what it meant to be in an 'active warzone' until they actually experienced it.
MP
+50 MP for Participation;
+30 MP Posts;
+25 MP Use a legendary Pokemon;
+10 MP Spawning Paradox Pokemon;
+10 MP assist another character;

[/quote]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,251 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 1:59:37 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The sudden, overwhelming relief that Yuina felt in that moment was enough to make her cough, like she had been holding a breath she didn't realize and her body was giving in to the stiff terror that that moment had held. She returned Kyan, given the moment now, and while she winced at standing upright, she was just so incredibly relieved to see Doug in front of her now.[break][break]
Then he asked that question, and she couldn't blame him, how could she? The concern was clear in his voice, he moved towards her so swiftly but his hands fell onto her shoulders and down her arms so gently. He wanted to know if she was alright. Was she there, and alive for the moment? Yes, but... Was she alright?[break]
"I... I guess I never mentioned before... I'm with the rangers," Yuina spoke then as one of his hands rested on her blue ranger's armband, her voice pained, she hadn't thought to mention it to Doug before, it just didn't come up? But now... Saying it aloud, it almost felt ridiculous to say, that she was a part of the organization, meant to protect the region and serve the cause, when she was here, trapped in this cavern and afraid for her life...[break][break]
"I've mostly been working on recon and maintaining perimeters... But...," her voice caught.[break]
"... This has just been... A lot," she breathed, a small cough, but she pushed back at the stinging she could feel in the corners of her eyes. This wasn't the time or place.

notes[break]
Total MP: 135MP[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2023 23:43:34 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Smog

With

Now he was even more confused!

"Wha— I thought ya were a museum curator!" He said, grabbing her cheeks and tugging them apart with a squint. They let a young, amnesiac woman into the force?! "You're even an elite?! Dang, way to go— No, no, wait... Ranger work is super dangerous, ya know?!"

He didn't look happy at all— Well, his face had lit up when he saw how well she had been doing, though he managed to catch and re-center himself— but his creased brow softened before long, a sigh leaving his lips as he release the young woman's face and threw a hand over his face instead, dragging it over his hair.

Recon and Perimeter work... that was still very dangerous, but he supposed it wasn't the worst thing they could've had her doing.

"Haaah... Guess I should just be glad you're... whole." He said, looking her over once again before giving his pink companion a meaningful glance.

Casually, the deity gave the girl her own once over, at which point Doug gave another sigh of relief.

"Okay, good, you ARE—" He said, stopping short. He stared silently for a moment. "Yuina."

His hands fell atop her shoulders once again.

"Take a deep breath." He said— no, warned. "I'mma boutta hug ya."

MP
+40 MP Posts;

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,251 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 15:33:43 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Knowing at least in that moment that she was with familiar company, Yuina didn't flinch from Doug as he moved forward towards her again, holding her face in his hands, she was much too emotionally charged to physically react. His concern was escalated, perhaps she had mentioned that she was a ranger before...[break][break]
"I... I am still a curator, but I've been doing more and more ranger work lately... I thought," she stopped, he even said it himself, that ranger's work is really dangerous, and true to form here she was, in a dangerous situation that she hadn't been able to get herself out of without help.[break]
"I know it sounds... Stupid probably, but... I feel like I need to be out here, like I'm supposed to be working for a cause...," she returned, the devastatingly emotional conversation that she'd had with still fresh in her mind.[break][break]
"I don't know who I was before... but something inside of me keeps saying that I need to make up for something... Maybe its even just lost time.....," Yuina said, but she stopped herself again, this just really wasn't the time or the place for anything, they couldn't be safe here, they couldn't just stand here and expect nothing to happen while they did. Doug's concern wavered, but only slightly, she was still whole, she was still alive, even if that was really all she had going for her in this moment.[break]
His strange pink Pokemon did a once over as it glanced at Yuina, she wasn't sure what it was or what kind of power it held, but Yuina supposed it was some kind of psychic Pokemon if Doug was just making sure that she was actually herself? That was... Strange, but she couldn't blame him... After some of the things she had seen already...[break][break]
His arms fell on her shoulders again, and while she was still stiff and sore from the tense moment before, she didn't hesitate to beat Doug to the punch.[break]
"I was so scared... But I'm so glad that you're the one that found me here," Yuina breathed as she stepped into the embrace first, her arms wrapping around Doug's torso, her chin resting gently on his shoulder.

notes[break]
Total MP: 145MP[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 23:16:34 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Smog

With

An arm wrapped around her firmly, the other cradling her head.

Needing to work towards a cause... he couldn't blame her for wanting to make the world better— The Hoenn region specially.

"Thank goodness I was the one who found you." He said softly, worry welling up in his chest. Just as he had begun to worry less for and , he had found Yuina deep in a battlefield.

He had no idea what he was to do with her. Escort her off the battlefield...? Guide her to the nearest medic camp, and hope she could make it home...?

"Yuina..." He said, gently untangling himself from her arms, yet still keeping his own on her shoulders. "What'cha planning to do? I think ya have done yer service. Combat and warzones ain't the only way to help the region."
MP
+50 MP Posts;
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,251 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 1:07:04 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Taking that moment in time to breathe, Yuina huddled in just a little closer to Doug's figure as they embraced, it was a small gesture but she felt safe, right there in that moment, just like when she was with Desiree. Safe was... Not a luxury that was on this island, it was such a rare solace, that Yuina almost didn't want it to end, but they couldn't stay here in this place. Not for much longer.[break][break]
She drew in a heavy breath, trying to blink away the sting at the corners of her eyes as Doug stood up straighter too, inquiring about what she was ready to do next. She... Wasn't done here, not until the conflict itself was over, if there was an end... She couldn't just leave in the middle of all of this, not when she now had the responsibility to be here...[break]
"I... I'm not sure... I think I just need to get back to camp for now, and figure things out from there...," she offered, that was what she had been trying to do before getting chased and trapped in the cavern, just trying to get back to camp. And from there, depending on what the current mission status was, she would see where she would go from there...

notes[break]
+10 MP Mission Post; +100 Mission Complete, +300 Mission Loss[break]
Total MP: 555MP[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 16:21:14 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Smog

With

Oh brother. That did not sound like someone who was leaving the island any time soon.

Unfortunately, Doug wasn't the kind to force friends into doing anything, even if he believed their choices were... poor.

Sighing, he simple let go of Yuina, rubbing his temple briefly before nodding.

"Gotcha. Then..." He said, before offering his hand. "Let me escort you there, at least."

He needed to make it back to camp, in any case. They had dealt with the dream spawns, at least. Still...

His gaze wandered to the haze around them, lip curled. The smog seemed impenetrable, and he didn't have the means to deal with it. They would just have to leave it there and send someone else to actually solve the root cause of the problem...

[end thread]

MP
+60 MP Posts;
+100 MP Mission Complete
+300MP loss
= 555MP

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 4:54:28 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: