thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,465 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
interview: cillian
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 13:05:38 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian cants his head when Tempest takes him literally, then smiles softly. Fond. Listens, rather than correcting.[break][break]

"I was too busy getting the third degree from everyone else," he assures him.[break][break]

He chuckles at the 'fog machine' comment, a gesture of his hand swirling the miasma that surrounds them now. But it's different. It builds slower, more controlled, and doesn't sap his strength from overload.[break][break]

His shoulders lift in a shrug.
[break][break]
"Maybe some of them do. Maybe their patrons help. I had to fumble my way through it, though." He can practically feel Lugia's amusement; she'd let him learn by action, rather than coaching. "I can tell a difference, yes. It's kind of like asking if you can feel your arm when you throw a punch. You don't necessarily think about how it feels, but you know. Does that make sense?"[break][break]

His cool countenance sours when the conversation shifts to absence.[break][break]

"Empty," he says flatly. Softer, "Abandoned."[break][break]

He trusts Temp to leave the latter out.[break][break]

"The opposite of how it felt to be chosen."[break][break]

There was a reason he didn't like to use the Sygna Suit.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,050 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 19:15:02 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A tap of the pen, the scratch of ink on paper.[break][break]

Tempest takes his notes and tries to piece the feeling into words. He wondered if there would be any differences. Or, if they would be abstracted and different. Lugia and were the Avatar and Legend that Temp was the most familiar with, would probably get the most candid answers.[break][break]

What would some of the others answer for these very same questions?[break][break]

Well, he could piece this together in time. It was a big puzzle and Temp didn't have all the pieces yet. No need to rush it like he usually tried to do.[break][break]

"What are some things that you know for sure cut off your bond? Any guesses as to why?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,465 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 0:27:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He has to think more about this question. Some things, such as, "Sygna Suit," come easy.
[break][break]

With a dry smirk, he adds, "Body swapping."
[break][break]

His fingers drum on the desk. A nervous tic. He's considering something he's not sure about saying, Temp would know.
[break][break]

"Don't put it in your report. This is just for you." To help his husband's research, if it could. "Some of my power doesn't work underwater. I don't know why. It's just the miasma, I think."
[break][break]

Unfortunately for Cillian, a great deal of his power was drawn from it.
[break][break]

"Might be a psychological thing. Lugia doesn't know, either."
[break][break]

They'd speculated, through her limited willingness to communicate, that it might be because she saw the ocean as her sanctuary. A safe place, where she might go to avoid conflict before her corruption. Later, he'd considered it might be his own fault. His fears, manifest.
[break][break]

"I think other Avatars might have stuff like that. Weak spots."
[break][break]

It takes immeasurable trust to admit his own.
[break][break]

"The Sygna Suit is because of an energy imbalance. I think the body swap's pretty obvious. But there's been other times, too. No idea what's caused it, then."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,050 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 3:55:41 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Sygna." Whispered in echo, written on paper.[break][break]

"I dunno, the power was still active. I just don't have Infinity Energy in my body like yours does." But the absence of it... or maybe that it hadn't followed? Tempest writes that down anyway, making sure to write some ?? next to the whole thing. It was very outside of the norm.[break][break]

Tempest does take the trust and hold it close, though. That weakness would certainly not be written in any reports. Or told to anyone at all.[break][break]

"Hmm... I'd like to run a little test with that in mind, but down the line." A note for later, between the two of them.[break][break]

Tempest glances down at his notes and the questions left to go.[break][break]

"I think that's most of the normal ones... the next few are more personal, so just let me know what to nix in the final report." Shifting, Tempest took point to write once more.[break][break]

"Was Avatarship something you were actively looking for? If you were, was it from Lugia herself or just in general?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,465 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 21:43:30 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"You asked what cut off my bond," Cillian points out, with a soft laugh to diffuse the tension he feels in recalling the stressful experience. "And, yeah, I guess I've built up a tolerance. There might also be a difference when the bond is meant for you. I certainly didn't feel... whatever it was you were feeling, when I was chosen."
[break][break]

Temp had seemed overwhelmed, overstimulated, as if the Infinity Energy was crippling him.
[break][break]

"Or maybe my power has strengthened over time, and it wouldn't have fucked you up so much if it was early days."
[break][break]

He shrugs, unsure but clearly curious.
[break][break]

They move on. His neck prickles at the thought of a test, shoulders tensing. But he knows Temp will get his consent before doing anything, and so doesn't bring attention to the discomfort. His lips press together as things get more personal, and he nods to show he understands.
[break][break]

The first question, at least, was easy.
[break][break]

"Yes," is answered without hesitation. "Not with Lugia, no. I didn't think it was an option." She was the only shadowed legendary in their world, so far as he knew. "I sought out Articuno in Shoal Cave, but," and he laughs, shaking his head, "it told me I was too aggressive. Anyways, I'm glad it turned me down." He looks almost bashful as he admits, "I wouldn't trade my bond with Lugia for anything."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,050 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 3:30:54 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"If it couldn't handle you then it wasn't worthy of you." A shrug, because it was simple fact. If Articuno decided to be a primadona and wouldn't see how amazing that was, it had simply missed out.[break][break]

It did give interesting perspective, though.[break][break]

"How would you say your relationship with Lugia is? She doesn't seem as... controlling as some other Avatar pokemon I've seen."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,465 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 21:02:19 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A soft chuckle escapes him at the praise.[break][break]

"Thanks, love." Cillian pauses before he admits, "I don't think that partnership would've gone well for either of us, in the end."[break][break]

If the icy legend had a distaste for violence, partnering with an underboss of Team Rocket would've been folly.[break][break]

Another laugh at Temp's observation, this one sharper. "Oh, you haven't seen how she gets when I try to go against her wishes." Though he sounds amused, he's entirely serious as he continues, "Our goals are aligned, so we don't clash as much as some, I think. She's... protective. And I am, too, I guess. I keep Rocket from treating her like a lab rat, and she keeps me safe in turn. But if I try to do something she didn't like..."[break][break]

His smile is tight. It wouldn't go well.[break][break]

He's felt her crippling PRESSURE before, been forced to his knees by her psychic influence on his mind. Though he respects her, there is a healthy dose of fear, as well. He is particularly susceptible to psychic power thanks to Rocket's ministrations — while never something he's stated directly to his partner, he'd likely provided enough information for Temp to put the pieces together himself.[break][break]

"I don't plan on it, don't worry."[break][break]

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,050 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 0:14:34 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Lugia had always been gruff, could even be downright cruel. Yet this did shine a new light on her relationship with that Tempest had never really viewed before. The small admission was like a veil being pulled back, blind eyes led out of the darkness of the cave. [break][break]

In another universe, perhaps there was more reason to that Tempest feeding her heart to Cillian.[break][break]

But Temp doesn't voice that particular thought, the mires of the Dollhouse still a touchy subject for both husbands.[break][break]

Tempest chewed on the end of his pen before he scratched something down on his paper, deep in thought.[break][break]

They could explore this more on their own time later.[break][break]

"Do you know what Lugia wants? Safety, but, deeper than that. My data suggests most legendary pokemon take on an Avatar to further their own goals."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,465 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 1:44:31 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian glances back to the window behind him, to the red eyes that glow beyond. Whatever passes between them happens in silence.[break][break]

Then, she speaks.[break][break]

You will not include this.[break][break]

She could not command Tempest in the way she did Cillian. There was no bond there. Yet her telepathic timbre is no less threatening or intense; it is not a request, but a demand. She doesn't wait for an answer.[break][break]

I will never be slave again to the whims of another. There was a reason she'd had such an averse reaction to Tempest handling the Beast Ball. And we will see this region restored to peace.[break][break]

The constant war between factions affected the legends, too, though they may not often express it. This was their home. Their roosts destroyed in the fighting, their sanctuaries disturbed.[break][break]

My blessing was conferred from gratitude. Cillian's lip twitches with a small smile. And with an understanding that my vessel will not rest until his war is won.[break][break]

"Thank you," says Cillian softly. "She wants to rest. Don't we all?"[break][break]

There could well be more to it than that, but Cillian chooses to believe what she'd chosen to share. There was trust, there.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,050 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 21:37:40 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Lugia pulses through his mind.[break][break]

It had happened before, her voice rippling into his mind. It always made him feel off balance and off kilter.[break][break]

If it had been another Legendary daring to do this, to press into his skull, to speak what she had spoken... he thinks he would have been upset. Angry. Would have snarled and bit back.[break][break]

But Lugia, to Tempest, is just another extension of . As long as she keeps Cillian happy and safe she is wonderful. She is exception. She is magnificent and he would show her high honors and respect.[break][break]

So Tempest does not write down her words.[break][break]

Unflinching, he raises his own eyes to stare into the red glow.[break][break]

"I wouldn't want to be a slave, either."[break][break]

Then he flicks his gaze back onto Cillian, features softening slightly.[break][break]

"I think you could use a lot of rest." A soft tease, an old argument that never held any heat to start with.[break][break]

"I just have one question left." Flipping through his papers, Tempest just shrugs and places the whole clipboards on the table. Some things don't need to be written down to be understood.[break][break]

"What do you want from your bond?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,465 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 7:26:54 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Understanding passes between them. The PRESSURE in the room lifts, and Lugia is gone.[break][break]

In her absence, Cillian can truly consider the final question posed. A grateful look is afforded to his husband. This wouldn't go in the report.[break][break]

His throat closes up. He feels strangely emotional as he admits, "I just want it to last."[break][break]

It meant so much to him to be worthy of something he deemed greater than himself. He didn't know how to verbalize it beyond that small, uncomfortable truth. He doesn't want her to leave. He's afraid she will.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 17:48:20 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven