snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
shore: nomi & illeana
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 3:04:47 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]with the first obstacle cleared beneath her golurk's feet, the remainder of league forces continue on and she simply... lingers - more ghost than scientist in this interdream mist filled setting.

it's eerie, almost, if she had to really describe it in specific terms.

reality blurs at the edges of everything, painted hazy and lavender and left to descend upon the mind. she's grown faintly accustomed to this, to the way it infiltrates like a parasite until everything's watery and smelling of brine.

she's not, however, quite used to the concept of all out war. sure, it's familiar in a way she detests, but this is not life or death - this is control; this is the high ground; this is territory advantage at its finest.

perhaps that's why she waits, eyes focused on the mist filled paths around them. her golurk does not even rumble out signals of approach for this is a game and their moves should be obscured behind smoke screens and a sense of overconfidence.

she has learned to not rush in, to not make herself vulnerable in times like these. and at the first sound of life, she waits a moment before lunging.

participation +50
1 ic post +10
obstacle mention +10
interdream mist +10

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 4:25:19 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi, too, had cleared obstacles to arrive here: some animate, some inanimate. Having escaped the Heatran, she eventually parted ways with , only to end up in another section of the cave system below the island.[break][break]
She exited a tunnel, Kallistatus hovering behind her, and found herself in an open expanse, noticing the shimmering purple tendrils of dream mist caressing her ankles like a lover's groping fingertips almost immediately upon entering.[break][break]
She stopped, sucked in a breath. A measure of caution was warranted. She was well acquainted with the dangers of dream mist.[break][break]
She'd also realized that she could...communicate with it. In a sense. From one reality altering substance to another.[break][break]
The shifting of pebbles, a subtle sound, but one that might indicate movement. Nomi pressed herself to the cave wall, and motioned for Kallistatus to scout ahead. The shiny Unown-K did so, its small form melting into the shadow. Nomi switched her vision so that she was looking through its singular eye.[break][break]
Yes, there did seem to be a human-shaped figure ahead. But who?
[break][break][break]

[break]
NOTES50 MP for thread participation, 10 MP for IC post, 10 MP for race obstacle, 10 MP for dream mist[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 0:18:48 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]while there's clear advantages to the mist lapping at their ankles, she is quick to recognize the cons: abysmal visibility.

"force them out."

it's the only way, isn't it?

to run into the thick of it all with no actual concept of who lies ahead would be irresponsible - and painful - on her part. drawing them out, however, places the ball in her court and she'd do anything to keep the upper hand here... including demolishing their nearby surroundings.

her golurk rumbles low and a clay leg rises only to smash back into the ground as earthquake uproots everything around them. she steps closer to the golurk, avoiding the giant crevices that begin to spread throughout the vicinity.

and there, peeking out behind her golurk, she waits for their opponent to be revealed. faintly, though, she feels something creeping in... more paranoia than rage. it prompts her to speak, to inhale more mist in her already riddled body.

"hiding won't help you."

participation +50
2 ic post +20
obstacle mention +10
interdream mist +10

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 4:50:36 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Through Kallistatus, Nomi watched the Golurk emerge. A precious split-second of foresight: she scrambled forward, hands fumbling for the nearest stalagmite as the earth began to shake beneath her feet. Everything trembled, rocks falling from the ceiling in massive clumps. Nomi covered her head with one hand even as she held on tight to her makeshift cover, the pillar cracking with a groan but, blessedly, refusing to crumble.[break][break]
When the dust cleared, Nomi coughed, switching back to her own eyesight to attempt to get her bearings. Kallistatus, forced to retreat, disappeared and reappeared at Nomi's side in the blink of an eye. Though the stalagmite she'd clung to had survived the onslaught, most had not...when she peered out into the middle of the cavern, she could see a clear path from one end to the other. The Golurk's silhouette shadowed the far wall.[break][break]
The voice that called out to her was...familiar, she realized. Heart racing from the sudden EARTHQUAKE, Nomi frantically tried to remember where she'd heard it before. A woman...someone she'd spoken with recently...[break][break]
Illeana Reyes, League head scientist. It's a pleasure to meet you, Naomi.[break][break]
Time seemed to stand still, 's question from their recent encounter - a pointless delay wrapped up in an equally pointless conflict - ringing in her mind, loud and clear: Aren’t we supposed to be enemies?[break][break]
"My enemy is the DRK Triad," she'd said to him.[break][break]
The truth of it.[break][break]
In one fluid motion, Nomi stepped out from behind the stalagmite. She faced , League Head Scientist, and in a loud, calm voice, she greeted her.[break][break]
"You're right. Hiding won't help me. Neither will fighting." Nomi paused, held out her hands. Beside her, Kallistatus hovered, equally exposed.[break][break]
"I just want to talk."
[break][break][break]

[break]
NOTES10 MP for IC post[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 3:35:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she blinks through a haze of whispers and mist, mind struggling to pull itself together against spreading fissures.

"talk? about what?"

what will that do? they're enemies... aren't they?

recognition bleeds slowly and for a moment, her expression sours.

"you're..."

naomi. a university student.

"what're you doing here? why are you...?"

with them?

her golurk rumbles in warning and for a moment, she feels herself slipping between resolve and curiosity. in the end, she holds up a hand to stop the golurk from advancing further and silence falls across the disrupted earth. the battlefield stills and the head scientist stares.

participation +50
3 ic post +30
obstacle mention +10
interdream mist +10

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 20:18:37 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi let out a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding. Relief flooded through her as the Golurk backed off, clearing the way for Nomi and Kallistatus to approach Illeana.[break][break]
"I'm here for the same reason you are," Nomi explained matter-of-factly. "I'm a scientist, and I want to study the energy beneath this island. I want to understand what's going on here."[break][break]
Her footfalls were light, but determined. She stopped a few feet from the other woman, finally close enough to really take in all of her features: long pastel hair, curious crimson eyes that matched Nomi's own, graceful curves that softened the hardened heart within. They were nearly the same age. We are so alike, Nomi realized. They had no reason to be enemies.[break][break]
"Illeana, this conflict is a distraction. A waste of our time. The real war is coming, and we need to be ready. League, Rocket, it doesn't matter. God won't discriminate when it comes to our destruction."[break][break]
Nomi held out her hand, and in her palm crystals began to form. They warped and shaped themselves into a perfect bust of Nisa Holo's head, down to the permanent scrutiny plastered across her furrowed brow.[break][break]
"Do you know this woman? Have you ever seen her? She and her colleagues are called the DRK Triad, and they - not the League - are my enemy."
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 1:33:06 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she holds her silence close, as if she's playing a game and she refuses to fold. naomi had wanted to talk... and the floor is hers.

the mentions of another war, of league and rocket, of gods and monsters and drk triad members all succeed in defusing the bomb in her mind - long enough to allow a moment of reprieve.

"of course it's a distraction."

somehow, she doesn't sound surprised. the concept of a bigger conflict at play than silly little squabbles over territory on a chessboard has lingered in the mind since before the meteor had come and gone. interdimensional players occupy extra spaces on the board and she swears they all move in unison - one goal, one mind, one leader.

"god's just one of many interdimensional threats our universe faces, though it's difficult to tell which one will be the destroyer."

the bust of nisa holo causes a slight stir of recognition... familiar, in more instances than just one. her eyes shift from the bust back to naomi's and there, they hold.

"the drk triad has been around since the artificial sun fell upon mt chimney, since the meteor shower brought interdream mist along with it."

she pauses, weighing words and concepts and faraway notions of a god watching her through a tear in space.

"we've lost avatars to them already. i would prefer to not lose any more to them or their god."

but...

"why are you telling me this? they're not a priority at the moment here."

she has bigger fish to fry - literally.

participation +50
4 ic post +40
obstacle mention +10
interdream mist +10

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 16:26:10 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

As Illeana began to speak, tension drained from Nomi's body. She relaxed, a fist releasing curled fingers. The League Head Scientist's words were a breath of fresh air. She clearly understood the gravity of the situation, the immense interdimensional threat all of Hoenn was facing. This would not end up being the intellectual battle Nomi had feared it would be; instead, she felt a natural kinship with Illeana, as if the two of them had always been fated to have this discussion.[break][break]
Nomi met the other woman's eyes. Nomi willed the bust of Holo to change to that of Father Winter's face. Then Maldacena. Then the nameless white-haired woman who had saved Holo from the Rocket interrogation.[break][break]
"Yes," Nomi affirmed. "And I suspect they've been around since before all that, too. They've been keeping an eye on the Origin Point for a very long time."[break][break]
She paused, then motioned for Kallistatus to come closer. The shiny Unown-K floated over to Illeana, circling around her with a curious scrutiny.[break][break]
"We have lost too much already, it is true. But, we are not helpless. There is hope, even still." She smiled, and it was a fierce thing. "The DRK Triad thinks they know everything that will transpire here, but they have been wrong more than once now, Illeana. Unexpected Avatars, for example. The Visionary, the Liberator. Titles they did not foresee."[break][break]
With a sudden shimmering burst of light, the illusory recreations of the DRK Triad members disappeared from Nomi's outstretched palm.[break][break]
"I'm telling you this because it is a priority. What if the energy here is the herald of some new legendary Pokemon, ripe for Avatarship? We need to ensure the outcome is yet another deviation, something the DRK Triad cannot manipulate. You are a brilliant mind, and Hoenn will be better off if we work together. What do you say?"
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 21:32:05 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she hums.

"i don't believe the origin point has occurred - not yet, anyway. if it did, judgement day would have already been upon us, but they've been rather quiet lately."

the future terminal from the cloud rises like a movie trailer: littered carcasses of fallen legendary pokemon, craters of what remains of civilization, and the onslaught of what she can only describe as the hands of judgement. they are not there yet, but soon...

nomi shows teeth and for a moment, illeana is reminded of herself - of tenacity in the face of the impossible. it slowly but surely wears down some of her walls.

"they do not account for the human spirit... that is their greatest folly."

for humans are more than what they believe. universe 820 is more than a simulated occurrence in space-time.

"this energy signature is not quite similar to that of a legendary pokemon, but that's not to say one could not still be present."

she takes the opportunity to step a little closer and after her head tilts slightly to the left, she flashes a smile. less friendly, a little more teeth, yet not aggressive all the same.

"what's first on the task list, then?"

silence echoes for a moment before she snuffs it out once more.

"i have an idea for our greatest variance against them, but i don't believe it's time. fate has not aligned just right yet so in the meantime, we'd better make ourselves busy."

she thinks of spatial gaps, of a feeling of misplaced centers of gravity, and of pink energy scrambling to repair wounds in reality. not yet...

participation +50
5 ic post +50
obstacle mention +10
interdream mist +10

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 2:35:09 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

And just like that, they were bound to one another. No going back now: Nomi had made her offering, and Illeana had taken it willingly.[break][break]
Nomi's smile widened with triumph. Illeana was right - the human spirit was their trump card. Together, they might be able to make a real difference, two brilliant minds piecing together the rest of the puzzle.[break][break]
"First, we need to further investigate the energy on this island. I trust your assessment, you are skilled in energy identification - if it's not a legendary Pokemon, then what it is? I have focused much of my own research lately on Terastallization - so I am something of a specialist in that regard. It may or may not be helpful here."[break][break]
As if in answer, the dream mist that had receded earlier came swirling back with enthusiasm. Nomi glanced down at it curiously. It did seem to be drawn to her now, more than before. Was it because of the Unown?[break][break]
"After that...well, I'd like to take you somewhere...and see if you can help me figure out what's going on there."[break][break]
The ground beneath her feet trembled - the aftershock of some nearby earthquake, perhaps? Or more of her peers come to investigate the cave?[break][break]
"We must not be seen working together," Nomi assessed, tone taking on a measure of urgency. "Not by the League or Rocket. I will find you afterwards, and we can exchange notes regarding the energy here. Do you have any Unown in your possession?"[break][break]
If not, she would give one to the other woman. It would be the best way for them to communicate going forward.
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 5:08:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she flashes another little smile, though it's more hungry teeth than growing friendliness.

"i think it's related to the dynamax phenomena, though i'm not entirely certain that's the case."

she'd need to conduct further testing... enlisting 's assistance should prove useful enough to produce a more concrete understanding. once they're done here, she'll make a call.

the concept of an unknown place intrigues her enough to blink, to feel curiosity rear its dangerous head.

"okay, i'll do my best to help."

is it related to current happenings in hoenn? or something else entirely? her skin itches to know right then and there but now is not the time nor the place.

they have to make it out of here first, she notes, as the ground rumbles beneath her feet. their time has come to a close...

"i do have a couple of unown. i'll have them send you a message once this is over."

she steps away, then, and her golurk rumbles out a warning. they must leave now.

"until next time, then."

one of her hands rises to wave and when the interdream mist fluctuates through an extra hazy phase into clearness, she is gone.

participation +50
6 ic post +60
obstacle mention +10
interdream mist +10
shore mission +100
completing mission +100
tying mission +250
total +580

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 20:10:57 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: