March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Exploratory Romp [M][C/Alia]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 4:56:45 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Gym Leader and Elite Ranger had referred @saturn to Shalin's home in Petalburg Woods for a reason. Though he was still qualified to teach new Rangers, there were few better to learn from than a Captain that had just taken her seat today. Though expectations had been set that there would be a field test for her in the plateau in the Rusturf Mountain Range's west foothills, she would find that far to be the case.

When she arrived at the coordinates provided, she would witness a vast, grassy plateau with a small lake in its center. On the west side, she would see a tall, hollowed-out tree, riding gear for various exotic Pokémon hanging on a series of hooks. If she were to direct her attention near the tree, she would see the new Captain, Sygna Suited up, in the midst of an esoteric feat.

Her legs were hanging from the sides of a rather large Flygon's wing, both the Pokémon and suit glowing a faint green.

Though the Pokémon listed below are the focus of the thread, all of Shalin's Pokémon in her PC are present.

@saturn

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Sandy         Flygon         Good

{WC: 171}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 8:49:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","aliasong"]

alia was feeling incredibly grateful that a few of hoenn's finest rangers have been so kind to her throughout her training period. although everyone in the ranger program had been nothing short of supportive, ranger work could still feel incredibly intimidating at times with all of the different duties and responsibilities that it required. people like  and made both the training and the job feel easier. alia could only hope that she meets more mentors like them in the future. [break][break]

she was scheduled to meet with shalin at petalburg woods today, due for a specialized training session. the new captain-ranger had been all hush-hush about it, insisting for the day to be a surprise. so without a single clue about the agenda for the day, alia navigates to the designated location with the help of her dandy rotomphone. her shinx, lucian, trots besides her as he sniffs the air eagerly. so many different plants, pokemon, smells! it was also an exciting day for a feline like him. [break][break]

alia reaches the plateau, greeted by the captain in a luminous green suit. "hi, shalin! thanks for making time to meet with me today." she calls out, smile instinctively taking over her features. as the younger ranger closes their distance, she studies the unfamiliar gear that shalin had on, curiosity piqued. "what's that suit you have on? i've never seen glowing apparel like that before." 

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.aliasong]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.aliasong b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 4:51:52 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Before Shalin could answer @saturn , the glow surrounding her and her Flygon became brighter as the dragon's wings began to flutter and vibrate. The deep hum grew higher-pitched and louder as Shalin and the wing she was sitting on disappeared into a streak of green light. A potent wind swirled around the duo from the displaced air, uprooting grass around them aa the Flygon's wingbeat rate peaked well below her full potential. The hum slowly decreased in tone until it petered out completely, a dizzy-looking Shalin struggling to keep her balance on the now-still wing.

After the wild ride ended, she at last answered Alia's question, her Flygon suit making her look a lot like the Pokémon she was atop. "It's a Sygna Suit! The components for them are... really rare... and you have to have a really close bond with a specific Pokémon..." she managed between breaths. "Mine lets me do... that!" she referred to the physics-defying feat she had just showcased, being shaken around at a speed that had every right to kill her.

Though the Pokémon listed below are the focus of the thread, all of Shalin's Pokémon in her PC are present.

@saturn

{WC: 178}
{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 6:38:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

merely a few seconds after alia spoke, the flygon's wings start glitching in green, a matching high-pitched buzz rumbling in the air. alia's jaw drops slightly as shalin get tousled wildly on her dragon, its wing barely supporting the captain-ranger. she continues to watch the tumultuous performance in front of her, blue eyes gleaming with a mixture of shock, awe, and confusion. [break][break]

"oh, wow." is all that alia manages to say after shalin's concise explanation on sygna suits. a few more seconds pass by as she wracks her brain for the right words to proceed with. "that was really impressive...and almost concerning. are you okay? i'm both baffled and impressed by how you managed to survive that." the younger ranger admits at last, still unsure by the physics of the situation.[break][break]

"does this sygna suit help you with your ranger work?" alia further presses on, her roundabout way of questioning the wild rollercoaster of a ride. although impressive, the young ranger couldn't imagine how it would be helpful in any situation at all. if anything, it seemed like the only thing one could get out of it was a mouthful of vomit.

[break][break]

[newclass=.aliasong]font:11px roboto;--accent:#536cbb;[/newclass]

[newclass=.aliasong .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 7:24:49 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Alia's reaction was expected; Flygon were known for using their vibration to loose powerful shockwaves upon their foes. For Shalin to ride the very source of that shockwave, beating countless times per second, and survive, showed just how extraordinary Sygna Suits were. Even now, both she and her Flygon were illuminated by a faint, green glow: a physical manifestation of the Infinity Energy keeping the wing from buckling under the girl's weight. "It's... really fun!" she chirped, coming down from her adrenaline high. "I just wish I could share the experience with others."

Shalin nodded at Alia's other question. "It does! Have you heard of the Ultra Wilds? The very air there is toxic to humans, but Sygna Suits filter the toxins out some. One of my big projects is charting the Ultra Wilds. asked me to do so personally." Admittedly, her physics-breaking feat her suit let her perform was mostly for her own entertainment, but it had some deadly applications in combat.

@saturn

{WC: 164}
{PC: 3}
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 7:21:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

shalin's excitement over the sygna suit was so contagious that alia found herself smiling as well, even if she didn't quite have a grasp on what it was. sygna suits was simply one piece out of the confusing puzzle that was hoenn - there were still many other things she didn't understand, such as mega evolution. "i believe you! i can't imagine doing that more than once, but it would be cool to try." the ranger says with a cheery laugh. even if she didn't share the same passion, it was always so heart-warming to see how excited other people could get about their interests. [break][break]

"aren't there a lot of different ultra wilds out there?" she asks, a curious glint in her eyes. "that seems like a huge project, on top of captain ranger duties. i'm impressed!" as a rookie, alia was already having a difficult time managing her various responsibilities. she couldn't imagine how shalin juggled so many different items on her plate, but alia hoped that she would be able to take on multiple roles in the future as well. she wanted to make a difference. [break][break]

halfway through the rangers' conversation, lucian had padded up to shalin and her flygon, letting out soft mewls as he circles around them. "looks like lucian got riled up from your performance, too." alia says, watching her shinx affectionately. "buddy, i hate to break it to you, but you don't have wings."

[break][break]

[newclass=.aliasong]font:11px roboto;--accent:#536cbb;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 9:31:04 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Alia seemed mesmerized by the Captain's Sygna performance. Who wouldn't? It was extraordinary. Supernatural, even. Without her suit, vibration that fast would have torn her to shreds. While she wore it, she felt unstoppable in the saddle. She felt like nothing could unseat her. "Sadly the suit is needed to do that with Sandy here," she frowned at first. "Part of the suit is it makes me feel really light to my Pokémon, so I don't weigh their wings down. It makes me so light to them that I can even ride on a Beedrill's wing the same way." Alia wasn't out of luck. "I can do you one similar, though!"

With a whistle, Treble the Kommo-o would come bounding toward Alia, the saddle on his back indicative of him being yet another ride Pokémon the Ranger owned. If she were to observe closely, she would notice almost all of the Pokémon roaming the Romping Grounds wore saddles. Just how many Pokémon did she own, anyway? "Aww, the little one's cute! Does he want to fly, too?" she asked, noticing the little one seemed to yearn to take to the sky.

Treble crouched to invite Alia aboard. "This is as close as you'll be able to get to that experience without a Sygna Suit." She handed the girl a pair of earplugs as well. "You'll want to wear these while you're riding him. And be careful with him; without a suit, he's really loud and dangerous if he really gets his scales going." If she were to don the earplugs, Treble would give her a preview, mildly flourishing his scales and making his saddle a blur for the split second the demonstration lasted.

@saturn

Treble        Kommo-o        Good

{WC: 287}
{PC: 4}
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 8:52:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

“Oh, that’s incredibly fascinating.” Alia says, tilting her head at Shalin’s explanation. “Do sygna suits work the same for everybody? Or are they customized to each user’s preferences?” She had no particular interest in sygna suits before today, but her curiosity was officially piqued after Shalin’s wild, physics-defying performance. [BREAK][BREAK]

As the Kommo-o bounded towards the two rangers, Alia took in the rest of the clearing, noting the various ride pokemon that roamed around. It was such a beautiful sight to witness, the freedom that Shalin’s pokemon had even when not in party. The young ranger promised herself she would arrange a similar situation for her own pokemon in the future, once she was equipped with enough resources. Perhaps she could build a sanctuary or rescue, of some sort? Ever since she saved her noibat, she had always loved the idea of extending a hand to other injured pokemon in need. It would certainly hit two birds with one stone, offering her own pokemon a place to stay instead of being trapped in their pokeballs. [BREAK][BREAK]

Her thoughts are cut short by Lucian, who mewls in response to Shalin. Alia laughs lightly at the feline - he was always incredibly excited by the idea of adrenaline. She was going to have to take him on more training sessions and help him evolve soon, so he could tackle more exhilarating adventures in the future.[BREAK][BREAK]

She barely plopped the earbuds into her ears when the white dragon rapidly shifted its scales. Despite the earplugs, Alia could still hear the low vibration of the dragon’s scales as she was thrown around by the rapid movement. “Whoahhhh!” she cries out, instinctively reaching out for the dragon’s saddle. The clearing in front of her whirls in a quick blur, but settles down just as swiftly. “Um, I’m starting to have second thoughts.” Alia jokes after she stills, only half-serious. Even with just the split second of experience, she was starting to think that she may end up vomiting out the slowpoke tails she had for lunch earlier. “Any tips you wanna give me before I do the real deal?”[BREAK][BREAK]
[break][break]

+ [break]
+ mentioned slowpoke tails for bewitching brews [break]

[newclass=.aliasong]font:11px roboto;--accent:#6f77ca;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 5:56:21 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
While Shalin didn't fully understand how Sygna Suits worked, she knew enough about them to answer Alia's question. She was still learning the ins and outs of her own, too. "It's a combination of your preferences and those of your Pokémon," she did her best to explain without overwhelming the purple-haired guest with details. "It feels weird wearing it, too. It's like you and your Pokémon give up a portion of what makes each of you... well, you. It's almost like you get to be a Pokémon, and your Pokémon gets to be you. I still don't fully get it myself."

Seeing Alia startled by the vibration was little surprise to Shalin. "Hold his reins for balance and keep good posture are the two most important pointers I can give you," she coached her fellow Ranger. "His scales are going to be shaking too fast for you to react to. That's why balance is so important."

Treble wouldn't start the real thing until he was certain Alia was ready. If she were to give the signal, the Kommo-o would do his beat to ease her into faster and somewhat stronger vibration than before. The Pokémon's emphasis was on frequency rather than power, not wanting to overwhelm his guest. Even so, it may have felt like being on a jackhammer to someone so inexperienced.

@saturn

{WC: 228}
{PC: 5}
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 1:01:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

hoenn was certainly going to take alia a while to unravel, but thankfully she had no plans on leaving anytime soon. ever since she started dipping her toes into the region's mysteries, she felt her soul skip in a way that it hasn't in a long time - was it inspiration, passion? she wasn't sure yet, but she was going to continue chasing that feeling. [break][break]

talking about exciting things - alia never thought she would be going on a ride like this one, but there was a first time for everything. after shalin's advice, she jumped right in, gripping the reins firmly and straightening her posture. the dragon was kind enough to ease her into a more intense vibration, his scales escalating up and down like a tidal wave.  [break][break]

this time, alia was more prepared, maintaining both a good posture and calm demeanor as she bounces on top of the kommo-o. as a soft ahhhhhh escapes her lips at the peak of the ride, alia feels her voice fluctuate with the oscillation. she giggles softly - it almost felt like she was a kid again, the experience a strangely more intense version of the springy rocking horses that one might find in playgrounds. encouraged by the positive affirmation, the kommo-o speeds up his scales, bringing alia to even greater heights.  [break][break]

despite the newfound joy and appreciation for the wild experience, it was still very much an overwhelming one. the vibration in her chest drummed more heavily as time went on, and her head began throbbing with a dull pain. [break][break]

sensing the shift in her physique, the kommo-o slowly eases them into the end of the ride, crouching down to let alia unmount more easily. she slides off the dragon smoothly, making sure to pet it fondly before turning to shalin. "wow, that was quite the ride." she says breathlessly, pulling out the earplugs and handing them back to the older ranger. "thank you for sharing that experience with me - it's certainly one i'll never forget."  [break][break]

+  [break]

[newclass=.aliasong]font:11px roboto;--accent:#6f77ca;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 6:29:20 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
As fast as Treble's rattling scales got, his entire body making the sound of a snake's hiss, Shalin knew the dragon could do so with far more power and speed. Treble recognized Alia's limit and held that level of intensity for a few seconds before sensing her tiring. "Wow, I'm impressed you didn't fall over," Shalin said after whistling. "Usually when Treble's done with me, I can't feel my arms and legs afterward. I have to sit on his back for a minute or two while the tingling goes away." She recalled the one and only time she went overboard with Treble's power before getting her Sygna Suit. If it weren't for , she would have been in real trouble.

Treble let out a coo at Alia's affection for the Pokémon that had taken her on one of the most unique thrill rides any member of dragonkind had to offer. "Fun, isn't it? I just wish I could share my Sygna Suit's powers with you. You need one for him to be able to go full speed."

Shalin led Alia to the Romping Grounds' west entrance, taking her through the hollow tree that was her humble abode. It was the safest way to get back to the forest floor. She made sure the Ranger had enough senses about her to walk or ride on her own before turning back and resting in her hammock. As fun as it was, vibration that fast took her breath away, even with her Sygna Suit on!

@saturn

{WC: 252}
{PC: 6}
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 21:30:15 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@saturn