ghidorah [g]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 22:13:21 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]

Into the depths—or so the gym was structured as the Sergeant followed a path that cut through the dark.[break][break]

A gym dedicated to facing demons, but Bailey Cooper was familiar with them; a victory star that came to these battles to dominate, not to change. She knew where she stood—knew the thrum of battle as a war drum that beat in her own chest. [break][break]

Maybe, she knew it too well.[break][break]

Fight or be destroyed—it was her own challenge, her own wall, that she left for those she challenged to overcome. There was no mercy in her arena. There was no lesson to be learned. Some pokemon trainers knew everything that they would ever need to know.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper was in this echelon, even if it was overlooked. [break][break]

This was not pursued for a badge or for a chance to improve. Each badge on her chest represented a journey—a pilgrimage deeper into the chaos of battle where her pokemon could reciprocate in kind. Battling was her outlet, and they were growing eager to prove themselves in these encounters.[break][break]

First, it had been done in the frustrations that came with mourning. Now, it came because it was familiar. It came because it had been what her life epitomized.[break][break]

Pokemon Trainers fought because they had something to chase—something to prove.[break][break]

She chased the mark on her chest, wondering if there would ever be a time where the fire would burn hot enough to finally fill the hole that it had created—a hole that she had always carried, where no drink, no love, and no purpose could ever seem to fill it.[break][break]

A victory star could never be satisfied.[break][break]

“Yo!” She would shout into a dark and empty space. “Just the traditional stuff, alright? I don't want anybody poking in my head. Shit's private.”[break][break]

Three capsules on her waist. “I'm feelin' like singles today, if you don't mind.”

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
ghidorah [g]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2019 9:58:46 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As the cyclops heard the woman call out to him, he would step out from the shadows of the Gym. Before he could speak, the woman laid out her choice in battle. She certainly wasn't the first challenger to choose a battle over his trial. "Alright. I can respect that.", Thomas would tell her with a shrug. She would then tell him that she was feeling like singles today. "Of course, if you'd follow me, please.", he'd tell her, beckoning her to follow him.

The two would quickly reach a large arena within the stone structure in the clearing. "If you'd take your place on the side of the arena marked with a Pokeball design, we can get started in a moment.", he'd tell her, before stepping off to his own side, immediately going for three Pokeballs of his own for the battle. If she were to look, she'd see his side was marked with a black heart, a larger picture of the badge he offered those he deemed worthy.

Thomas would take a moment to carefully pick out his Pokemon, before settling on his three. He would then take his spot at the boxed area, deploying his first Pokemon, a Weavile.

"Challenger gets the first move!", he'd tell her.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
ghidorah [g]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 4:36:26 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

she was going to get that badge.[break][break]

Bailey scuffed her feet as she walked, enjoying the feeling of dirt beneath her boots. There was something nice about standing on a pokemon arena, and as she took her position in the challenger box, she made indents for her feet to rest—like a pitcher marking the mound before a pitch.[break][break]

Something about these motions sang to her anger, gaving it an outlet as she fetched a pokeball from her waist. let it all out, cooper, and she thought that as she saw her reflection in the red capsule.[break][break]

A sigh. A breath.[break][break]

“Alright, Rollie Pollie,” she'd murmur before rearing her arm back, giving that familiar toss. “I chose you!”[break][break]

It was so cliché, but her declaration still sent shivers down her spine as her Scolipede materialized onto the battlefield. The insect-pokemon would clash its mandibles, flexing countless legs as it stretched in the open air, preparing for her command.[break][break]

“Iron Defense,” and its chitain coat harded to a steel-like sheen.[break][break]

Rollie Pollie used Iron Defense! Its defense has sharply increased!

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
ghidorah [g]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 21:31:44 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As a single eye sized up the Scolipede that materialized from its capsule. A grin of approval formed on the Gym Leader's face. Meanwhile, Reaver would grin, gesturing for the Scolipede to bring it on. He would watch as the Scolipede would harden its body for the oncoming barrage, a smart move, given that a Weavile was far better at physical assault than special attacking. Thomas also had an inkling that the large purple insect was one of those with Speed Boost.

"Reaver, set up.", Thomas commanded the Weavile.

The Weavile would begin to sharpen his claws against each other, honing them, and his accuracy, as he stared down the Goliath of an insect before him. The Weavile was in a stance, ready for whatever was thrown at him next.

tags:
notes: Weavile used Hone Claws, its Attack and Accuracy have increased!

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
ghidorah [g]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 7:18:31 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

She hated the early set-up.[break][break]

Watching two pokemon stand apart from each other and increase their stats was always boring, but Bailey had learned with time that she had to curb her dislike—it had a purpose that could make a difference in long term battles, and skipping over it was not wise.[break][break]

But, there was one benefit that came with her Scolipede that made this aspect of battling less necessary, and it was going to showcase itself.[break][break]

“Alright, let's get to the good stuff,” and she leaned forward, letting malice rise to her grin and reflect in the whites of her teeth; lips pulled back far enough to show the canines.[break][break]

She gave no order. Rollie Pollie only gave one glance back his trainer, and in that shared look, he would nod. He knew what the good stuff was.[break][break]

Turning back to the Weavile, he would do what he did best. With a sudden snap, the bug-type pokemon would lurch forward and curl downward to the ground—rolling into a tight sphere, like a wheel that would rapidly spin itself in place, building momentum.[break][break]

When he lurched forward, it was like the sound of tires squealing on blacktop; steamroller.[break][break]

scolipede used steamroller! [break][break]

The flat terrain of the battleground became his track, and as he aimed to collide against the Weavile, nothing else mattered.[break][break]

Even if the attack missed, he would remain contained within this tight shell; pivoting and turning sharply just to charge in once more. Another steamroller, used back-to-back.[break][break]

But it seemed faster this time.[break][break]

scolipede used steamroller! his ability speed boost has activated! his speed has increased!

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
ghidorah [g]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2020 1:33:04 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As the Scolipede launched itself at the Weavile, Shredder would stand in place, as if wanting the thing to strike him. At the last moment, the Ice Weasel would dash to the right with a Quick Attack, quickly and cleanly evading the Scolipede as it came careening towards him. Upon seeing the thing come back at him again, the Weavile wondered if he should do the same. But in his devious mind, a better idea formed.

The Weavile would allow the wheel-like insect to strike him. But rather than go down, or be flattened, the Weavile would grab onto the thing, before attempting to harshly flip it down to the ground, attempting to use a well-timed Counter to turn its attack against it. Nevertheless, taking the brunt of such an attack would be extremely taxing on such a fragile Pokemon, which was noticed by the grunting and hissing of the Weavile after the fact.

"Reaver!", Thomas called out.

The Weavile would look to him, as if telling his master that he's got this.

tags:
notes: Weavile dodged the first Steamroller with Quick Attack. Weavile took the second Steamroller, and used Counter in response.