[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS:[break]
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

SKY PILLAR[break]✥ LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1102470275758567474/meglal.mp3[/player][break]
Ultra Megalopolis - Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
[break]

A RUINED CITY IN ULTRA SPACE. It is unclear whether this is a different universe's Ultra Megalopolis or smaller colony. Regardless, it is a dark city with intermittent sections of flickering, artificial light... Large, black prism-like skyscrapers loom above flat black streets. Much ruin has fallen here, but you get the sense that you're not alone...

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 16 encounter pokemon who have been displaced here. some of these pokemon have been corrupted into SHADOW POKEMON who use NON-LEGENDARY SHADOW MOVES.
  • 17 encounter a large section of the city that has been destroyed. rubble stretches all the way until the city's perimeter, which looks out into a view of what seems to be space.
  • 20 the city's tallest tower, lesser megalo tower, may occasionally flicker with a blinding light. every time the light turns on, the crazed megalopolans will attempt to flock toward it.
  • 21 visit the lesser megalo tower and its first floor. there are no staircases to the upper floors, just an malfunctioning elevator. there are doors to empty custodial rooms, offices, and makeshift living quarters that may or may not contain threats inside.
  • 🗺️ utilize z-moves in an advantageous way.
  • 🗺️ will encounter more pink energy "repairing" spatial gaps within this realm.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS: IA #2
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 12:56:51 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]more prepared this time around, they find their way to the lesser megalopolis tower, having followed coordinates mapped out by other expedition teams.

he busies himself with the malfunctioning elevator, fiddling with it as he tries to get it to work.

"do you see anything?" he asks over his shoulder.

21 visit the lesser megalo tower and its first floor. there are no staircases to the upper floors, just an malfunctioning elevator. there are doors to empty custodial rooms, offices, and makeshift living quarters that may or may not contain threats inside.
[attr="class","stonetag"]
[attr="class","stonepoke"]
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 21:02:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]in the end, preparing only takes them so far.

"nothing yet."

she has her back to him, eyes continuously scanning through the hollow space of this floor. she tries to fight off the itch to open each door, to face whatever lies beyond head on.

seemingly, she fails.

a door is picked at random and as it groans open, she summons a golurk out as additional support. a wise decision, she surmises, as a shadow gallade lurches out from the shadows. she ducks, scrambling backwards as her golurk rushes forward to engage.

"just kidding - definitely found something!"

the look on her face is faintly annoyed as she glances over her shoulder toward him.

"are you done yet?"

16 encounter pokemon who have been displaced here. some of these pokemon have been corrupted into SHADOW POKEMON who use NON-LEGENDARY SHADOW MOVES.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 7:34:46 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]the sudden appearance of a SHADOW GALLADE threatens to pull him away but he persists with his tinkering, trusting her and his own gallade to handle the situation.

"just need a bit more time!"

time they do not have as he knows eventually this tower will flicker with a blinding light, and what follows that is trouble.
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 16:44:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she can't help the scowl that follows.

"make it quick, please!"

while they can defend against this shadow gallade, she isn't quite certain the swarm of megalopolans attracted to the light at the top of the tower will be as easy...

her golurk slips into shadows at its feet and lurches out behind the shadow gallade as phantom force finishes with a decisive blow to the shadow gallade's skull. it just barely manages to fire off a shadow bolt before it falls, a move that she just barely manages to evade - though it still clips her arm, she realizes with a hiss.

outside, the tower's light slowly begins to come back into existence...

16 encounter pokemon who have been displaced here. some of these pokemon have been corrupted into SHADOW POKEMON who use NON-LEGENDARY SHADOW MOVES.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 5:11:20 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]the gears in his mind click in place, moving with such trained ease as he investigates the elevator. the time bought for him is decisive.

"okay, done!"

the doors slide open, and he is quick to gesture for them to enter as the lights above begin to flicker. what follows is no doubt a swarm.

"let's go!"

as the doors slide shut, they ascend, traveling up and up and up before finally coming level to a random floor. the doors slide open, revealing a space that looks like an office. but what catches his attention is the view out the window.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 15:13:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the elevator groans through newfound life as it lurches up toward higher floors.

and her eyes shift to follow alex’s line of sight, drifting along the windows and beyond.

the sight, unexpected and startling, elicits a sharp gasp.

”it’s…”

demolished. desolate. and yet, beautiful.

space expands beyond rubble and galaxies twinkle as makeshift stars. her attention, however, is honed in on one specific occurance.

a hand rises and traces pink energy in odd slashes across the rubble.

”space is repairing itself here, too.”

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 8:43:37 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]the sight may be beautiful to her but it is the opposite for him. it feels him with dread, knowing that the same fate could easily befall their world if they aren't careful.

her words pull him away.

"it is?"

he blinks.

"how can you tell?"

17 encounter a large section of the city that has been destroyed. rubble stretches all the way until the city's perimeter, which looks out into a view of what seems to be space.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 19:58:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she can still feel the sensation beneath her fingertips - the odd pink energy moving and shifting through stages of reparation.

"i've seen this before."

the pink energy haunts her, in a way. it's persistent, woven through different instances yet never quite the same... until now.

"the dimensional pocket beneath rustboro that houses the silver spire ruins - the same pink energy was there, too. it had been repairing spatial gaps there as well."

she's quiet for a moment, as if absorbing what this fully means.

and after a beat of silence passes, her admission is soft, hopeful.

"i don't exactly know what it means, yet, but i think palkia's behind it."

🗺️ ILLEANA REYES will encounter more pink energy "repairing" spatial gaps within this realm.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 4:37:07 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]he knows her well enough to peer past what she presents to see her intentions; to see what all of this means to her.

"i see."

his warning is shared out of love.

"just be careful, illie. there is still too much we do not know of palkia."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 5:11:29 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she sees the warning clear enough - love, not judgement. it still settles awkwardly on her shoulders, a familiar instance with a different deity. had he been right, then, too?

"i know."

whether or not she accepts it, however, is another instance entirely.

"i don't think it's bad, though. it shared information with me when the meteor came."

she finally, painstakingly removes her stare from the pink energy to look at him. she looks hopeful, torn, confused... and alexander is a lifeline regardless of time having eroded them away.

"that's not bad, right?"

🗺️ ILLEANA REYES will encounter more pink energy "repairing" spatial gaps within this realm.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 9:47:17 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"perhaps not."

he offers in return.

"but what are its motives? is it merely guarding the peace of our world? or is it seeking something more? these are questions that must be asked, not only for your own safety, but for the safety of the world."

after a moment, he notices a change in the swarm and decides it's time.

"we should start heading back."

2F9xZpSJ
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 18:28:59 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]in the end, he is the same as the rest: resistant and frowning upon her ambitions, her goals, her false bond.

it settles with a bitter taste in her mouth, souring the experience and leaving yet another doubt.

she doesn't respond to his questions - important questions, really - for she's afraid of what answers she'll find. will they match the pedestal she's placed this deity on? or would they simply destroy her instead?

"right, let's go."

for their own safe passing, her golurk traps the unsuspecting swarm in z-move: never-ending nightmare.

and just before they leave, she turns back toward the pink energy with a sense of longing and a hope that, perhaps, his doubt is misguided.

🗺️ utilize z-moves in an advantageous way.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 6:28:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

EXPEDITION COMPLETE!

REWARDS - THESE CAN BE ADDED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT & PC

[break][break][break][break]

TATTERED[break]
INSTRUCTION MANUALS

IT'S ALIVE!!

[break][break]
If you have gathered TATTERED INSTRUCTION MANUALS 'TYPE FULL RECIPE A, B, C, D, E, F', your character will be able to piece together the formula to create the Synthetic Pokemon, TYPE: NULL. Creating this creature requires the cells taken from all Pokemon types and/or physical body parts of Pokemon.[break][break]

However, to create this Pokemon is a macabre and unethical endeavor. Feel free to explain how your character receives a TYPE: NULL in some other fashion, but do note that its creation is most likely rooted in the most reprobate and unprincipled of practices.[break][break]

Furthermore, many are wary of this creature, for it had turned on its owners during the ULTRA BEAST WAR thanks to Megalopolan technology designed by JULES COTILLARD. Perhaps, these manuals were written by them...[break][break]

Your characters will NOT BE ABLE TO EVOLVE THE TYPE: NULL yet. Furthermore, the recipe is so esoteric, difficult, and up to chance, that replicating the formula to create another will not be feasible.[break][break]

Feel free to TRADE IN YOUR TYPE FULL RECIPES into the SITE SHOP for a TYPE: NULL (pick moveset and ability like a gachapon Pokemon).