awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
let us rest! [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 18:56:18 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Had he always been this tired after taking overtime hours?

Or maybe it was just him now, without the burden of a title, belatedly realizing just how fucking tiring shit was when one worked out in the field?!

Sure, he liked working out in the field, but not when it was that one day when everything seemed to go fucking wrong. From accidents at the outskirts involving some batshit crazy Pangoro, to some tie-ups involving the ‘cursed’ Corsola getting tangled in garbage, to even herding kids that wanted to see the Water-types down at the Oceanic Museum?

Yeah today was definitely not one of those ‘easy’ work days.

Cue Lars, slumped over the counter at the nearest ratty diner, waiting for his order. He’d been so fucking tired he barely noticed that the place didn’t even have alcoholic drinks until he was served a pure vanilla milkshake!

Yikes.

guess what happens in a shitty diner at Slateport late one evening

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,622 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
let us rest! [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 23:50:57 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Papers in chicken scratch were strewn over the counter, a late night mission leading into a late meal. Tempest was puzzling over things like infinity energy, ultra wormholes, and avatar bonds over a greasy burger when someone slid into the seat beside him. Tempest normally wouldn't pay any mind to this; but the guy seemed just as dead tired as Tempest felt and was someone he knew.[break][break]

"Oh. Anderson." Tempest blinked, not realizing he had said that out loud as he glanced over at . It had been a few days since their fateful meet-up.[break][break]

It made Temp tense, on edge, but this was a place full of Civs. Surely anyone, Ranger or other-side, wouldn't start shit where innocent people could get hurt. Tempest sure avoided doing it.[break][break]

"You look like a Skitty threw you up." A hand was raised to the sleepy looking waitress behind the counter, an offering of a steaming mug of coffee. Hopefully enough goodwill to keep suspicions off his back.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
let us rest! [m][dd]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 18:15:48 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He had to blink a few moments there—just how many times was he going to have to tell the other Rangers to chill when he was around when he realized that he wasn’t alone at the counter…

“…yeah, pretty much,” he agreed without looking up. He was smart enough to recognize who owned that voice; before pulling himself up and taking a long sip from the vanilla-flavored milkshake.

Tasty, but not tasty enough since it was lacking an alcoholic kick. What was taking his food order so long?

“Between shooing arguing Pangoro away from the outskirts of the city, helping with oceanic cleanup and getting the fucking shock of my life that Corsola can be white and not pink, and herding kids around the Oceanic Museum because the other guide didn’t show up to work today? You could say that…”

Yikes.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,622 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
let us rest! [m][dd]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 7:42:24 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"If they're white, they're dead." A sad thing. Tempest had one like that. His own father collected the fallen Corsola. To care for them in some vague hope of someday reviving them to normal.[break][break]

Tempest picked up a few fries and crammed into his mouth; drenched in mustard. He used one to wave around at his papers, a stray speck of yellow flicking off and onto the table.[break][break]

"Paperwork." Tempest sighed, solemn. He was sure that would understand that pain.[break][break]

Temp seemed to quiet down, for a moment, but then perked up some as if realizing something.[break][break]

"Hey. I'm researching energy." If Lars looked at any of the papers, and could parse out Tempest's chicken scratch, it would seem he was telling the truth. "You're like, an Avatar or something, right? I saw underwear with your and Articuno's face on them." Plus that time they had worked together at the Silver Spire. "Would you answer a few questions for my research? Nothing super obtrusive, I promise. You guys are fucking riddled with Infinity Energy from what I've found."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
let us rest! [m][dd]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 7:16:37 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the mention of paperwork, he groaned. Holy shit, even now he would still be chased by the damned mess?

“Yikes, that’s fucking nasty. I hate paperwork… he hissed as he continued to sip at his milkshake. At least his throat wasn’t as scratchy anymore as it was earlier, all things considered.

Just as he was about to ask where his food was, his order finally arrived; without further ado he grabbed the burger and took a big bite out of it.

“Holy shit I needed that,” he rumbled once he’d practically demolished half the burger in the blink of an eye. “Been up all day doing that, and… white Corsola really do exist around these parts, huh. I always thought it was just the pink ones…”

All things considered, he knew that in Alola, Corsola were a protected species due to Mareanie and Toxapex preying on them incessantly, but that was neither here nor there.

Squinting over at the other man’s paperwork, he could make out a few words here and there—it was nothing compared to his own Italian Alto Marean chicken scratch, though…

“What ‘bout it?” he grunted, after he’d inhaled the burger and ordered a couple more in short order. Look, man’s hungry, let him eat!

“Anything in particular you want to know? I’ll answer what I can.”

The offer was there.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,622 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
let us rest! [m][dd]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 3:49:48 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

With a new-found eagerness, Tempest flips around in his paperwork. More papers, more chicken scratch; hadn't been the only person Tempest had interviewed, it seemed, though there had been some precautions to protect identities in public like this.[break][break]

A blank paper was pulled out, followed by Tempest writing 'Lars Anderson' and 'Articuno' in some boxes on the top, followed by the date, time, and some other record keeping details.[break][break]

"Some of these are kind of personal, so feel free to skip over anything you don't wanna answer. I'm trying to figure out how Infinity Energy interacts with the body and why it's so peculiar compared to other sources." Turning in his stool to face the other fully, Tempest leaned forward some.[break][break]

Lowering his voice, he spoke so that only Lars could hear.[break][break]

"Something's really fishy about it and I intend to sniff out what. I don't think this shit is good for your bodies." A small warning, a small conspiracy.[break][break]

"Okay, uh..." Looking back at his papers, Temp cleared his throat and tried to be professional about it. "Could you tell me how you bonded with Articuno? And how it felt? Did you experience pain, euphoria, anything like that?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
let us rest! [m][dd]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 20:05:18 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Part of him wants to betray the fact that he knows how disruptive infinity energy is, having gotten first-hand access to the files about his… his dead predecessor from before, as well as a certain land lizard’s previous owner as well…

However, he’s wise enough to clam up and not talk about these details as they’re classified.

“You think?” he continued in that same low voice, waiting before a new platter of burgers had been dropped off in front of him.

“One sec,” he added as he reached for one of the burgers and literally ripped through it like a man possessed. Let him eat!

Once the unfortunate burger had been down and dusted, he looked over the questionnaire, unaware that his eyebrows had gone up at some of the questions on them.

He idly wondered if anyone had actually opened up about their ‘choosing ceremony’ (that was what he called it in the back of his head).

“Well… when it happened, there was a time the conditions in Shoal Cave just went. Bonkers. Nuts. Insane. Like, you know how this cave normally behaves… high tide and low tide? Well, it was perpetually low tide and most of, if not all of the Ice-types that call this place home were literally going crazy.”

He… he wasn’t going to talk about that fucking ‘alpha Glalie’, at least not until prompted.

“If there was one thing I remember feeling, it was that my blood literally ran cold, so cold I thought I was going to freeze from the inside out. There was an immensely heavy pressure down at the cavern that they called ‘home’ at the time when I approached it, too.”

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,622 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
let us rest! [m][dd]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 21:03:29 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A small hum and nod, Tempest's pen was flying across the paper as he made notes. Paraphrased to the best of his ability, of course; since this was an unexpected interview he was missing some of his equipment.[break][break]

"I talked to someone else who said they were there for that event, but they didn't go into as much detail." had just mentioned his own denial for being too aggressive. Tempest was still on the opinion that meant that Articuno wasn't good enough for Cillian, but Temp was very biased.[break][break]

"Cold... interesting. Do you still feel that now?"[break][break]

A little star was marked in his notes, the world circled when he wrote it down.[break][break]

"You have... ice powers, right?" Or had that just been a silly commercial he had seen to try and sell him toothpaste?[break][break]

"Could you tell me what they are, in your words. But really tell how they feel to use. Like, what the difference is when you're using them vs when you're not, like right now."[break][break]

Quietly, Temp made a note that 'increased appetite?' on the margins of the page. His own fries and burger were growing cold next to him.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
let us rest! [m][dd]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 19:19:23 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

How long had it been since that happened? It was… ironically close to the height of summer when it took place, a few years ago now.

“See, that’s the thing. I don’t feel the cold. Like, at all.”

He wondered if the other was going to take that at face value, or something.

“Things got real fucking crazy the first few weeks, I could feel their power like, leaking… dripping out of me. Waking up to a room that froze over was not fun that time.”

He couldn’t help but share a short bark of laughter before grabbing another burger and ripping into it in a single inhale. Once most of that was gone (and he’d ordered more burgers as well as extra fries) he knit his brows together.

“The shit you saw on most of those commercials was CGI, but some of that was real. Feel free to guess which ones were the real ones.”

Because he remembered that he had quite a lot of product endorsements, and some of them were still ongoing even now.

“Hm. Right now? I know it’s there, but like. When it comes to using them directly, all I have to do is visualize what I… what we can do in my mind’s eye.”

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,622 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
let us rest! [m][dd]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 23:04:53 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

More notes.[break][break]

"Was that bulge in the underwear commercial CGI?" Tempest couldn't keep the slight smirk off his face or out his voice when he asked it. Could you blame a man for his curiosity? Could you really?[break][break]

But, he clears his throat and leans back in his chair some. The iced tea in his glass was mostly watered down by now from melted ice. Tempest still took a long drink.[break][break]

"The 'leak' in the first few weeks if pretty common from the few people I've spoken with. I theorize it's in part from inexperience paired with the human body still adapting to excess Infinity Energy."[break][break]

Tempest places his glass back down, now mostly empty, and hums.[break][break]

"Alright, next few questions veer into more personal. Again, you're free to not answer me if you like." Tempest cleared his throat and hunched back over his papers.[break][break]

"Have you ever been cut off, or unable to use, your Avatar Powers? What does that feel like? And do you know anything that will for sure cut them off? Sygna Suits are a big one I've been reported about."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
let us rest! [m][dd]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 7:47:33 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The next question that came after what he said was priceless—the other man was lucky he hadn’t taken a drink of the milkshake in front of him, which for some reason still remained cold despite all the time passing since they started talking.

“That’s for you to find out,” was all he would say on the matter, giving his companion a mysterious look before returning to the fresh basket of fries that had been dropped off in front of them.

The next question cut maybe a little too close to home, so he chose to answer the one that was tied to Sygna Suits. Maybe he wouldn’t appear as elusive.

“What they said about the Sygna Suits is correct,” he confirmed with a nod.

“There’s… something, within the suit itself that blocks all other ‘powers’. It’s like, if an avatar owns a suit, then they don’t have access to whatever blessings their legendary patron had given them to use.”

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,622 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
let us rest! [m][dd]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 2:57:44 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

There was an almost, almost, sad look at answer as he glanced down at his very visible and clear wedding ring. Simple and golden, with the faint line of a luvdic carved into the side. Well, that could go two ways. Lars would never know what kind of heat Tempest was packing either.[break][break]

"Crystablooms." Tempest answers at the something. He writes out what he already knows, but data is still data. "My working theory is the Infinity Energy inside of them overpowers the connection between Legendary and Avatar." But that was more for theory-crafting and deeper research in time.[break][break]

"Were you actively looking for Avatarship? Not just from your current patron."
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
let us rest! [m][dd]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 5:59:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: