february 4
rustboro city
bisexual
none
civillian
single
9 height
9 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
38 posts
ivy ashton DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ivy
ivy ashton
A heart-pounding tension.
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 15:03:40 GMT
ivy ashton Avatar

Walking past the park, Ivy didn't notice the hurt Salazzle at first. That was until she heard a small sound, like grinding teeth or a scratching of some sort. Looking for the source, her blood froze. She couldn't help comparing Sally, her own Salazzle, to this hurt wild Pokemon that had just been dumped to suffer alone...

Looking around, Ivy tried to see if anyone else was also seeing this and might have an idea on how to help.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
242 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 17:18:05 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg8"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

Shopping? He hated it. But running out of food wasn't exactly an option, so he had sucked it up and made his way to Lilycove. Due to the short distance from Fortree to Lilycove, he had decided to walk. That didn't mean he was totally alone, though. Rook flew just above him as they made their way to Lilycove.
[break][break]
Looking up at the Corviknight, he couldn't help but be reassured by its presence. The steel bird always had a calming effect on him, especially when he wasn't feeling his best, which happened more often than he cared to admit. He was often in a low mood, especially if he couldn't fight back sleep and ended up dozing off.
[break][break]
The dream he had had last night was a reminder of why he went out of his way not to fall asleep. Deciding not to dwell on it, he shook his head to clear it. Wanting to focus on something else, he brought the thermos filled with coffee to his lips and took a long sip. That helped settle him as well.
[break][break]
That didn't mean he had completely let his guard down, though, which was evident in the way he scanned the people around them as they entered Lilycove. It was as if he was looking for any kind of threat.
[break][break]
As he walked past the park, his gaze fell on a young woman who seemed to be searching for something. Unable to resist his helpful nature, he let out a long sigh before making his way over. Hopefully, if she needed help, it wouldn't take too long.
[break][break]
"Do you need something?" he asked bluntly. There was no point in beating around the bush. He had always been the type to get straight to the point.[break] ,

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 6:40:47 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Though Shalin had become significantly busier after her promotion to Rustboro Captain, she still put on so-called Sygna shows when her workload took her near larger cities such as Lilycove. There was just something mesmerizing about seeing the Flygon-suited Captain seemingly float on the wing of a Pokémon that should not be able to support her. The physics-defying power of INFINITY ENERGY was a true marvel.

Her show wasn't until later in the afternoon, though, and she wanted to spend some time with some of her other Pokémon first. Lilycove residents were understandably wary of the Type: Null the Captain walked alongside, a saddle at last on the normal-type's back. While she still did not allow anyone to sit in it, getting used to moving while wearing it was important. As the two strolled past, Lathiel's eyes shifted toward and . "Oh, didn't think I'd run into you out here, Ever!" Shalin greeted the Ranger she had worked with before turning toward Ivy. "And hello to you, too!"

{WC: 171}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Queen Zing    Beedrill       Good
Lathiel       Type: Null     Good
close tab

played by

ivy

she/her
february 4
rustboro city
bisexual
none
civillian
single
9 height
9 height
awards
38 posts
ivy ashton DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ivy
ivy ashton
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 15:37:30 GMT
ivy ashton Avatar

Under other circumstances Ivy would have loved to find out how these two people knew one another, but currently that was not as important to her. They could talk later once they had helped the wild animal.

"Over there." She pointed at where the Salazzle was laying, slightly hidden in the high grass around it. "I think it's stuck in a trap?" From this distance she wasn't sure, but then again, there definitely was something metallic with the Salazzle. Perhaps that was the cause of it's woes.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
242 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 6:06:25 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

The sound of his name caused him to briefly turn and look behind him. Unsurprisingly, he was met with the sight of Shalin, a ranger captain he had the chance to work with not too long ago. Before greeting the older ranger, his gaze would flicker briefly to the Type: Null by her side.
[break][break]
Though a lover of all Pokémon, Type: Null was still a Pokémon he couldn't support. Not after finding out how it had come to be. Not that he allowed his discomfort to show. As always, his face was devoid of emotion, giving nothing away about how he felt.
[break][break]
Just as he had gathered himself to return the greeting, the woman he had approached to help spoke up. Realizing that the time for small talk had come to an end, he simply inclined his head as a way of greeting before returning his attention to the dark-haired woman.
[break][break]
The mention of traps was definitely concerning, and his eyes narrowed slightly. His own gaze would flicker to the Salazzle she had pointed out before turning his attention to Shalin. "Have you ever come across a similar situation?" he inquired of the older ranger before making his way over to the Salazzle to get a closer look at the situation.[break] ,

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 18:38:40 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was so used to the great size of her own Salazzle that she forgot how relatively small the species was normally. She was, of course, back at the Romping Grounds with the rest of the Captain's Pokémon. It was a Pokémon she had to be very careful around, too; the corrosive skin was toxic to the touch, let alone the venom within being potent enough to corrode even steel. A discharge of Venoshock would eat through skin just as well as a Hyper Beam would.

"I think so, too," Shalin agreed with Ivy, given the poison-type's lack of mobility. "They're a dangerous kind of Pokémon, though. Their venom can melt through skin and even bone." She waved for Lathiel to help the Salazzle, the trainer taking cover behind the Type: Null. The wild hissed as the chimeric Pokémon reached for the trap ensnaring her, without a doubt cutting off circulation to one of her limbs. Lathiel wedged her tough, sharp claws between serrated edges of the trap, getting just enough leverage to allow Shalin to attempt to open it back up. She lacked the strength to do so. "Can I get a hand resetting this? I can't do it alone."

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

ivy

she/her
february 4
rustboro city
bisexual
none
civillian
single
9 height
9 height
awards
38 posts
ivy ashton DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ivy
ivy ashton
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 16:51:43 GMT
ivy ashton Avatar

Ouch. That felt like a personal attack to Ivy. Though having a Salazzle and a Salandit, them being her first two Pokemon ever even, she wasn't aware just how corosive their poisonous skin apparently was. She should have handled them with way more care, and she knew she had put herself in massive danger being so careless.. So that was why her hands tingled and had a few blisters here and there recently. She had thought it was just her skin doing skin things as it always does.

Now she felt hesitant to help the wild Salazzle. That was silly, she knew that. If touching her own ones didn't instantly kill her, this wild one would be fine too. It could attack though and do greater harm, not knowing these three humans were there to help it..

'Uh, of course.' She stepped towards the green haired stranger who had already started to do something to this trap. What, Ivy wasn't sure - she had been too occupied with her own thoughts. Her gaze fell upon the Pokemon by the same stranger's side. A strange one for sure. It looked... artificial.

Whatever! Who cares! Just concentrate!

'My Mabostiff might be able to help. Pewter?' Being called forward, the dog came closer, inspecting the spectacle. It didn't immediately help the other curious Pokemon freeing the wild Salazzle. 'Hold on, come on.' Emberassing! Ivy could barely make her new companion do such an easy task.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
242 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 22:13:13 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

As a lover of Pokémon, he soaked up whatever knowledge he could about them. Of course, he knew Salazzle's skin was corrosive, but he hadn't known it was that corrosive. To be fair, the facts he knew about Salazzle were just facts he had picked up here and there. Like Salazzle being a female-only species and having pheromones that worked as a reverse harem to make the male Salandit more keen on whatever the Salazzle wanted. Not anything that would help them in the long run, though.
[break][break]
Though he kept a safe distance, he was close enough to be able to look over the contraption. It seemed sturdy enough and probably more resistant to breaking if the Salazzle's corrosive skin hadn't corroded the metal yet. Even without him getting as close to the trapped Salazzle as the other two, he could still see that the metal hadn't really started to get corroded. At least not enough for them to be able to pull the trap apart with their own hands.
[break][break]
That meant they would need a Pokémon. A Pokémon strong enough to break the metal of the contraption. It seemed he and the dark-haired woman were on the same page. She released a Mabosstiff, a Pokémon known for having strong jaws that could break through anything. Even so, he may have trouble getting through it on his own.
[break][break]
His gaze flickered briefly to the Type: Null around, working on getting through the trap, before he released Nyx from her Poké Ball. "Help them pry apart the trap, don't worry about breaking it. It'll be trashed anyway," he told the Gliscor, knowing that with her pincers, breaking through the trap wouldn't be too hard.
[break][break]
Once he was sure she was helping, he took out another Poké Ball, releasing a Shiny Galarian Rapidash from it. "Celestia, be ready to use Heal Pulse if you have to," he told the Pokémon before turning back to the trapped Salazzle to check on the progress.[break] ,

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 5:04:15 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was starting to sweat, her and Lathiel ready to intervene in case the wild was aggressive toward and after they free it. She removed her heavy gloves for the moment in an effort to cool off; the temperature was too cold for a mild jacket, yet too warm for a full winter outfit. On top of that, if the poison-type were to touch her, those gloves would do little to protect her hands to begin with.

While unconventional, the Captain did have a way to help. "I've got you and your Rapidash covered," she said as she released Sandy from her Poké Ball. Both of them started glowing a faint green, Infinity Energy between her suit and the Flygon's SYNC STONE. With a pleasant hum of her wings, the dragon enveloped Celestia with a PSYCHIC ZONE intended to amplify the potency of the HEAL PULSE.

{WC: 135}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

ivy

she/her
february 4
rustboro city
bisexual
none
civillian
single
9 height
9 height
awards
38 posts
ivy ashton DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ivy
ivy ashton
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 11:44:10 GMT
ivy ashton Avatar

After a moment of consideration, Ivy's Mabostiff Pewter did step closer to the wild Salazzle and the trap it was stuck in. Going through the moves the dog knew in her mind, Ivy ordered it to use Jaw Lock on the trap. With luck it would be strong enough of a bite to break through it, but.. but also it would risk the Salazzle getting hurt.

"Do you also make sure the Salazzle doesn't get injured?" Ivy looked to the two other people. Her Mabostiff was already about to bite down.

There were a somewhat large number of Pokemon present already so she thought it counterproductive to add more to it by summoning one of her own that could help with their healing endeavor. Not that she had any such Pokemon to begin with yet.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
242 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 4:10:26 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

With the three Pokémon dealing with the trap, he would keep his attention focused on his companions. Hearing Ivy's question, he would glance at her. "While that's the general idea, if the Salazzle were to get hurt, Celestial would heal her. The same goes for our Pokémon if they get hurt while helping the Salazzle," he pointed out.
[break][break]
Seeing the shine from his peripheral vision, he would glance towards Shalin. So that was a sygna suit. He had never seen one in person before, at least not when it was active. Pulling his eyes away from the glow of the sygna suit, he eyed the Flygon that Shalin had summoned. So it seemed the Flygon's move would help enhance Celestia's Heal Pulse, which was a good thing.
[break][break]
With the possibility of injuries being healed, they don't have to stress themselves out so much about being careful. Returning his attention to the trap, he gestured for Nyx to help cut through the trap with one of her pinchers. Unlike Ivy, he didn't request his Pokémon to use a move on the trap. Instead, the Gliscor would simply put her pincher around part of the trap to cut through it.[break] ,

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 18:08:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The combined efforts of the trio were not only able to disarm the trap the Salazzle was caught in, but also stem the bleeding. The poison-type was free, but had a hard time moving, only able to skitter in circles with three limbs. "Whew, so much for that part," Shalin exhaled, her two Pokémon watching warily at their trainer's request. If the wild were to try to flee now, the lack of mobility would just cause her to get hurt again. "She needs help. I think we should catch her, take her to a Pokémon Center, then release her back into the wild."

Much easier said than done; the Salazzle seemed to be stubborn. When Shalin set a Poké Ball down a safe distance from her, the fire-type reacted with what seemed like an attempt at a FIRE LASH pointed at the round device. The whip-like cord of flames barely left her mouth. "We don't mean any harm! We just want to take you to a place where we can get your leg looked at," she tried to soothe the Pokémon. The female Pokémon locked menacing gazes with the Ranger. While unwilling to attempt to flee them, she didn't seem to be the most friendly Pokémon out there.

{WC: 213}
{PC: 4}