snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
everlong
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 20:43:49 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]somehow, the closer she gets to sootopolis... the heavier dread becomes.

it sits like a rock in the pit of her stomach - immovable, unyielding. she wonders, briefly, if it'll ever go away or if she's simply destined to be haunted by this unsettled feeling.

no matter... she has a job to do.

the head scientist surveys the water of route 126 from her perch on her discolored golurk's shoulder, the familiar sounds of its engine-powered flight a mild comfort against what lurks beneath the depths.

her search comes up empty handed for now, though she does manage to catch sight of another person in the process. her automaton shifts closer until she's able to shout above the sound of wind gusts picking up strength. it's foreboding if she really stops to think about it.

"hey, this area's off limits at the moment!"

fumbling for a moment, her fingers manage to pluck out a name badge to flash toward the stranger.

"the league's conducting some operations here."

a polite way of telling him to leave... before it gets worse. as if on cue, the sky begins to open up and it begins to drizzle.

the lawless sea mission.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
everlong
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 19:03:10 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[nospaces]

[googleFont=Lato][googleFont=Abril+Fatface][googleFont=Montserrat]

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

Like the rock in her gut, this trainer was anchored. This was his destiny. His raison d'être. No one could make him leave when he was this close. Not even his own intuition.

[break][break]

"So am I." In spite of the wind, his words sounded isolated from his thoughts.

[break][break]

He had discovered this tiny sandbank moments before the scientist arrived. Hoenn was well-known for its many islands, but this one was different. Not because of its location or features, but because of the water that surrounded it. It was calm. Dozens of waves could be seen in the distance, but none of them were coming to shore. It was strange.

[break][break]

Bending his knees to lower his waist, the trainer huddled over the shoreline. "Does this look weird to you?" He dipped two digits into the ocean.

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

This water is weird...

[attr="class","roypkmn"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon charizard"]

[attr="class","roypkmn"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon squirtle"]

[attr="class","roypkmn"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon ivysaur"]

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

[attr="class","roypkmn"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon noivern"]

[newclass=.roybg]width: 400px; background: #2b2b2b; border-radius:5px; border: 1px solid #232323; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roybg .roytext]width: 300px; color: #aaa; padding: 50px; text-align: justify; font: 12px Lato; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/uNjbxq7.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roytext::first-letter]float: left; font-family: Abril Fatface; font-size: 60px; line-height: 40px; padding:2px 2px 0 0; color: #d59e39; margin-bottom:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roybg .roynote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypkmn]width:70px;height:70px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;border:1px solid #232323;box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333;background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/X2ZyrNC.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 0 0 10px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost]margin: 5px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost b]font-weight:normal;color:#d59e39;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost table td]vertical-align:top;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost .vdice-box]margin-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost .vdice-value]color: #d59e39; font-family: Montserrat;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
everlong
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 4:14:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]for a moment, her expression pinches with irritation.

is he willfully ignorant? does he simply not give a shit? infuriating.

the stillness of the wind smooths over emotions back into neutrality until she's a picture of professionalism.

"okay then."

he'll be responsible for his own safety, but she won't shoo him away. yet, anyway.

"i wouldn't get too close to the water if i were you."

a warning... for beneath the depths, a behemoth lurks. it watches him even now, giant eyes unblinking.

her golurk lowers itself closer to the ocean's surface and for a brief lapse in judgement, she wonders if sea hoenn's somewhere close. do they know kyogre is on the loose? have they already found it?

a drizzle turns into a heavy downpour. she squints through rivets of rain to see him.

"it's coming... get back."

in the seconds it takes for her voice to carry over still water, the titan of the sea breaches the waves...

the lawless sea mission.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
everlong
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 17:20:27 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[nospaces][googleFont=Lato][googleFont=Abril+Fatface][googleFont=Montserrat]

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

Carelessly, he overlooked the warnings from the scientist and her golem. He knew the risks. That didn't change what he was here for. He needed to see this fabled beast in the flesh. The one he heard so many stories about. The one that made him fear the sea.

[break][break]

This behemoth left him with little time to react. A sudden shift in the ocean summoned a fierce wave towards the tiny mound of sand. He first reacted by falling onto his rear. Panic allowed him to quickly find footing in the sand. Regaining his composure, he took off towards the other end of the island like a plane about to take off.

[break][break]

"Balmung!" He beckoned.

[break][break]

In an abrupt flash of light, a dragon was summoned into the air from the trainer's pocket. The charizard quickly retrieved its owner from the island and climbed towards the clouds. From the dragon's back, the tamer watched as the sandbank was swallowed by the sea. This was no good. Not with the rain.

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

Roy and Balmung are in the sky.

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

[newclass=.roybg]width: 400px; background: #2b2b2b; border-radius:5px; border: 1px solid #232323; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roybg .roytext]width: 300px; color: #aaa; padding: 50px; text-align: justify; font: 12px Lato; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/uNjbxq7.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roytext::first-letter]float: left; font-family: Abril Fatface; font-size: 60px; line-height: 40px; padding:2px 2px 0 0; color: #d59e39; margin-bottom:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roybg .roynote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypkmn]width:70px;height:70px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;border:1px solid #232323;box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333;background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/X2ZyrNC.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 0 0 10px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost .vdice-value]color: #d59e39; font-family: Montserrat;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
everlong
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 18:55:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as he falls, startle overtaking the body, she simply… observes. no motion is made on his behalf for in a small, petty sort of way, she finds this to be a consequence of his own stubbornness.

the feeling is short lived enough for her to regroup in the air with him, her golurk evening itself out with a slight teeter.

”whatever you do, don’t attack it.”

she’d understand, really, as the urge also bubbles up in her body… but the orders are clear: quell, don’t enrage.

as kyogre fully appears above the ocean’s surface, a shiver crawls down her spine. it’s eyes are focused on them, on their pokemon, on their mundane existence in the face of a titan. what else are they if not ants it wishes to exterminate?

water begins to collect around the sea’s monster. the motion is familiar enough for her face to pale.

”incoming!”

the first volley of origin pulse quickly follows.

the lawless sea mission.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
everlong
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 19:36:24 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

So much for being a member of the league. Assistance wasn't something he needed, but its absence left a poor taste in his mouth. How rude. The persistent orders solidified her impudence in his mind. Even if she was aware of his worth, this didn't leave him any less offended.

[break][break]

"Don't tell me what to d-"

[break][break]

Both the scientist and her subject interrupted before he could start his tantrum. A barrage of cyan-colored beams erupted from the behemoth's body. Like beacons, the attack sprayed across the sky like an elaborate lightshow. Without instruction, his mount danced parallel and avoided any contact with the beams of light. The trainer maintained his grip during the dragon's technique.

[break][break]

"What do we do?"

[break][break]

His voice called out after the barrage's conclusion.

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

Roy and Balmung dodged the attack.

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
everlong
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 17:59:54 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]even if either of them magically possessed the swift swim ability, it would do little to aid them here...

for they are sitting ducks to the mercy of a titan.

"you okay?"

her golurk struggles to level itself back out after the onslaught of origin pulse, but they manage some semblance of calm in the aftermath. panic will not do either her nor him any good, not when the sea looks to swallow them whole.

"survive and subdue."

she doesn't sound too happy about the concept, if she stops to really process her tone, but it doesn't matter.

"that's all we can really do here."

unless... no, she shouldn't. it's not whole. it's fractured, incomplete. they're in this mess because of the very blue orb sitting on her desk back at league headquarters. offering it as it is now would spell disaster - of that, she is certain.

"unless you have any other ideas? if so, i'm all ears."

the lawless sea mission.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
everlong
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 20:41:17 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

From the back of his charizard, he responded to her question with only a face. It was obvious that he was fine. In spite of the courtesy of confirmation, he found himself feeling bothered once more. Fortunately, the presence of the legendary pokemon prevented him from lingering on it for too long.

[break][break]

"I just wanted to see it with my own eyes."

[break][break]

And that's what he got, to some degree. For the most part, the sea creature was submerged. The seeker could confirm its existence, but for some reason that wasn't enough.

[break][break]

"Shouldn't you know what to do?"

[break][break]

He called out against the winds of the storm. There was a clear difference in volume between his question and the previous statement. The trainer was taking aim at the allegiance the scientist mentioned before.

[break][break]

The hurricane was growing increasingly worse. Balmung and his tail were at risk. If he just had a pokemon with Swift Swim, he could examine the creature up close without any worry.

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

Shouldn't you know what to do?

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
everlong
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 17:51:04 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her lips settle into a firm line.

"well, you saw it."

in all its unbridled glory, even...

she can't help the way her gaze keeps straying - darting between him and kyogre. when she meets the titan's eyes, she feels enough dread clog up the throat to snap attention away.

"i know what should be done, but that is different from what it actually wants."

a clash of ideals, maybe. she can't quite tell anymore.

"nothing but the blue orb will quell kyogre now. unfortunately for all of us, it's not quite complete."

her studies into the blue orb and its current existence provide little insight into solving the mystery before them, but she cannot seem to figure out a proper solution. each one feels less probable than the next. it's infuriating, really.

and with little else to do, she looks to the man with a small, apologetic smile.

"guess we're just playing at survival here?"

the lawless sea mission.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
everlong
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 0:33:09 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

Survival wouldn't be easy against this particular behemoth. Again, spheres of blue energy appeared around the ocean's titan. It was channeling another attack.

[break][break]

"Move."

[break][break]

There was no time to answer her questions. Another barrage of water-infused artillery bombarded the pair. He wished to assist the girl and the golurk, but there was no room for that. The trainer could only hope for the best as his charizard evaded the array of different attacks through the beating rain.

[break][break]

After they were free from the attack, the pilot relieved his dragon from his hurry by releasing his grip. They were clear from the attacks. Slowly, Balmung returned to his hover above the behemoth below. He glimpsed over the landscape again, making note of both the legendary pokemon and the dark clouds above. There were no stars in this sky.

[break][break]

"That's not enough."

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

That's not enough

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
everlong
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 19:15:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she and her golurk move as he demands, as origin pulse charges itself back into existence through an onslaught of water. stray droplets soak her clothes but otherwise, they are unharmed.

with each summoning of the behemoth’s signature move, the sky darkens further through a spurred storm system. lightning snaps across the sky and normal rain quickly dissolves into a downpour. the eye of the storm is too small to discern, but she knows it circulates around kyogre’s position - less a target’s bullseye and more a faintly beeping tracker. its body is half clouded behind heavy rivets of rain, sure, but they can see the eye enough to pass…

”i don’t know what you’re expecting, but that’s the only feasible thing to do now.”

she wonders, briefly, if can feel the unease within the sea’s titan from the league labs. could too, in theory, feel the same? is it like a longing call for home or is it a deranged screaming of a mind driven mad?

she doesn’t know and she doesn’t plan to ask until they’re through this fiasco.

”it’s not even in a normal state anymore… do you really think it’s wise to try beating a deranged god?”

and unless he’s going to carry both of them through this, they will need to endure.

the lawless sea mission.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
everlong
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2023 20:46:58 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

Roy had no ponyta in this race. He was only here for answers. Myths and legends weren't new to him, but he had never seen one of this scale. This was the shaper of seas.
[break][break]
"I just needed to know it existed."
[break][break]
It sounded silly out loud, but he was done. He got what he wanted. There was no chance of catching this titan.
[break][break]
"Will it stop if we leave?"
[break][break]
He makes reference to her obligations. If she was here to bring a stop to the storm, then leaving may be a suitable solution. If there was more to it, his question was built in a way to pry at her intentions.
[break][break]
Below the pair, the behemoth sustains its position in the water as it prepares for another attack.

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

Will it stop if we leave?

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
everlong
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2023 4:37:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a hum escapes. something about the note sounds mildly bitter.

"gods and monsters... they all exist one way or another."

and they almost always seem to end up here. it'd be impressive if it weren't for the trouble they cause and the lives lost in the process.

it'd be nice, she supposes, if everything were as simple as leaving to solve the problem. things would work out in more positive ways, wouldn't they?

"no, i don't believe so."

the sea's titan is enraged. no amount of peace and quiet could hope to quell this now - only the blue orb, which lays as incomplete as it had been when kyogre's avatar was still within aqua.

"even if we leave it now, its mind is still fractured and there's nothing we can even do for it at this point in time."

infuriating, really.

origin pulse fires off once more. her golurk maneuvers itself to evade each volley of water but they creep closer. their luck will run out eventually.

the lawless sea mission.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
everlong
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 17:57:57 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

Slithering through the spaces between projectiles, Roy could feel Balmung losing his strength. He wasn't built for endurance. In every place he lacked stamina, he excelled in brute force. There just wasn't any use for that right here.
[break][break]
"What if we lead it away?"
[break][break]
The trainer latches onto his new plan as if it's the only solution.
[break][break]
"If we can take it somewhere else, maybe it'll leave the coastline alone."
[break][break]
Roy offered more than he needed to. The itch on the back of his skull fueled this consideration for others. It also didn't feel right leaving this woman to fend for her own.

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

Let's pull it away!

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
everlong
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 18:34:40 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]well... it's not a terrible idea.

she looks a little uncertain, as if there's more factors to consider besides just here and now, but her head slowly bobs into a nod.

"okay, let's try it."

what's the worst that could happen? a lot, actually, but she simply won't think too much about it.

"where should we take it though? far out to sea?"

her mind wants to say it'll find its way back here in the end... she almost lets the thought spill out too yet manages to stop herself. she'll worry about that bridge when it comes. for now, this is the best they can do. and maybe when it returns, she'll have a complete blue orb instead.

the lawless sea mission.