awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 6:40:54 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he doesn't say anything, but that's okay too. she'd take that over watching him get up from his chair and offhandedly say he has to leave. she'd take that over hearing him say let it go. stop it here.

but he says nothing and they feel everything for it. 

"i am. i don't sleep well." the bruises under her eyes are fading, but that's only because percocet's dragged her into slumber's belly while she's been recovering.

she quirks a brow and then looks down, inspecting her drink. her words are soft. "she thinks you miss me too." 

and then, a bit louder, "but i really am just here for the night for work. i wasn't going to come by. i didn't think you'd want that."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 4:09:47 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson-main"]
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]He sighs and shakes his head. He'd have to give Mei a piece of his mind, when he returned.

"That wouldn't be a good idea, no. Delta's already been askin' about ye, and I don't want ta make things too complicated fer 'er."

And then, just to put her at ease, he adds:

"I believe ye." He just wouldn't put it past Mei to set this all up.

Probably.
[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#9ce6f6; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 4:19:20 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her eyes smart, all too suddenly, and she blinks rapidly, manages a curt nod in lieu of anything else. she doesn't even have anything to show for the transition. even if he doesn't want her help, she's still going to work at it - she's still going to give him the choice

to walk as a free man again. and he can do that without her, if that's what he needs. 

her gaze flickers away from the bottom of her glass and up to his eyes, relaxing when he promises he believes her. 

"thanks," she says, looking thoughtful. "i'll tell you the whole truth, you know, if there's anything you want to to ask." she takes another nervous sip only to find that her own glass is empty. 

the corner of her lip hitches in a smile, so reminiscent of his own (and it kills her because she can't see it, because she's dreamed of it, because she's afraid she'll never be able to make him smile like that again). "not like i have much else to lose, right?"
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 4:08:24 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]It feels.. strange, to be offered the truth he so readily demanded of her only weeks prior; like it'd been this simple all along to be honest with him. It's a blow to the gut; an insult that she did not intend, but the wound festers all the same.

He ruminates on her offer before finally speaking, so low as to be nearly quiet.

"Would it change anythin'?"

Would it keep her from lying to him in the first place? From acting against his wishes? From seeking to control him, and his daughter, because it was what she thought was right?

That was the question.

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 4:25:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she knows it must hurt, but she's so tired of hurting him, and all of her omissions hadn't protected him at all. it breaks her heart, hearing him ask that, and her fingers curl. i love you so much and i'm empty without you and i can't say that none of this matters, but it's hard to make it feel like it matters without you. i want to keep the world all put together, but you're part of that reason, and i need you, i need you, i need you. 

"i don't know," she says and her smile wavers. wobbles. "that's up to you."

she waves the bartender for another one. he can get up and leave if he wants and she says as much - "go, if you want, but i'd rather you stay" - but she takes her new pour of shit whiskey and raises it up to her lips, one delicate brow arched. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 3:41:21 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]It was up to him, wasn't it? He knew she wasn't a whelpling to be saddled and commanded, but did he also truly understand the extent to which she would take things?

He loved her. Loves her. But, that wasn't enough. Did she really learn anything during their time apart, or, had she — like he expected — relish far too much of that conflict to be satisfied?

And, did he blame her? The high of victory was second to none, maybe not even sex, but it also did things to the mind.

Worse of all — could he even trust her?

King finds himself shaking his head to her question, and to his own thoughts. But, he stays. He nurses his drink, not even half finished, but.. he stays.

"This place is a real shit hole." He says to fill the gap.

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 3:58:23 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he doesn't ask her for her honesty and she cannot fault him for that. after so long of keeping him in the dark, he must be terrified of the skeletons she's kept hidden. mei's voice lingers in the back of her mind, reminding her gently that he has missed her. that, in her words, he's been a wreck without her. 

so she pushes, like she always does. 

"yeah, it is. i'm pretty sure the whiskey in the mini fridge at my hotel room's better than whatever this is." 

she takes another sip anyway. it burns going down and it gives her just enough courage to say, "and if you don't want to talk, then we can go there. we can just...be." 

her hand moves to rest over his, eyes wide, lips parted.

"i can't fix what i did, but king, i - can i have tonight? can i give you tonight?"
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 3:38:03 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Fingers tap idly the condensated glass, lips pressed to the rim more out of idle thought, than in drink. His eyes drop as if double-checking the pressure on his his hand was indeed his palm.

After a moment, he lays the glass down and pulls his hand away. Silently he stands, removes his coat from the back of the chair, and then, and only then, does he look her in the eye.

Cerulean orbs bleed intent.

"Where ta?"

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 3:53:27 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

eons stretch between them. she waits with bated breath, knowing full well the look on her face is wanting. in any other circumstance, she would have felt sheepish, but now she worries it's too hopeful. too hungry. 

he draws his hand away and her heartbeat does a painful little skip, but then he stands and he looks at her like she's looking at him and she knows, she knows, that this isn't going to be okay. for either of them. 

but she wants him and she needs him and that's as simple as that. she fishes for her wallet, leaves a handful of bills on the table, and winces as she slides off the bar stool and onto the balls of her feet. 

"come on," she says. she doesn't take his hand. not again. but she knows he'll follow. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 2:32:14 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]Silence reigns. In his steps; between them; and even in the dark recesses of his mind. Not a single thought slips as he follows the woman, casting half-assed glances at those still seated, gauging her moods and reactions to his own.

It all slips away as the door closes behind him. Instead, an autumn night greets them and it's comfortable against his skin; the warmth of alcohol and the cool of night finding a sweet medium.

He says nothing, simply willing himself to follow.

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 2:55:30 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the cool air greets warming cheeks. it's not a blush crawling up the side of her neck; she's more of a lightweight than ever before. but she hides it as well as she can with a nimble running of her fingers through her hair.

it's a comfortable walk to the hotel, despite the cold. it's still early enough that the receptionist is still by the desk; he barely gives them a glance as they pass by. silence stretches on and her lips are parted now, brows creased. 

the up button lights under her touch and the elevator doors yawn open. she steps in and hangs out an arm so the doors don't close on him. 

"you can walk away," she says softly, "and i want to give you that choice - a choice." 

her brows furrow. linoleum glints in the corner of her vision and memories brush a smattering pink over her cheeks.  "even if, right now, all i want to do is pull you in here with me and yank all your clothes off."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 3:30:12 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]He watches her arm extend and catch the doors of the elevator. The small, confined space, and her accompanying words, remind him of the last time they'd been in an elevator together. His expression becomes stifled, a complicated emotion welling up inside.

Instead of facing them, he replies simply. Far, far less complicated this way.

"Then do it."

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 3:45:07 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she wants to rip at his pain with her teeth and pull it out with a growl, watch the tendons snap and the blood pour over her hands. but there's an armor up around him, built up after too many hours spent agonizing over her miseries. 

his compliance is all she needs. 

starving fingers twist in the fabric of his shirt as she rocks on the balls of her feet, rolling to toes, head tilting, lips on his with a ravenous, insatiable need. her teeth glance off his lower lip and her hands dip under the hem of his pants.

and the doors slowly close behind him. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 4:25:28 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]For one moment - or perhaps two - he allows himself to become untethered from the doubt. Her pull is met with an equally attractive shove of intent, hands and body moving until she's against the wall of the elevator; his strength, and anger, and lust, all keeping her pinned to the point where, if not careful, it becomes painful.

One hand wraps around her throat, their lips connecting in a mess of passion and impatience. A growl rises in his throat, lips vibrating from the animalistic instincts.

He pushes down the screaming voice in his mind to stop, sealing it off until its but a distant echo.

Nothing would stop him now.

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 4:37:04 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it's not a shadow or an echo or a hint - raw, fiery pain lances up her side as he shoves her against the wall, hips and chest and hands pinning her beneath him. her gasp is made through wrenched open lips, cresting into a moan on his tongue. alcohol still lingers in the back of her throat, confusing the static shocks of pain with pleasure. 

she hooks the grooves of his fingers on her throat, pressing, nails sinking, her other hand clumsily fumbling with zipper and button and rhythmic, impatient strokes. 

the door opens on her floor. a shadow falls over them, a startled, 'oh!' and she's gasping through his hold on her, saying, "fuck off," to them, but struggling against him all the same. her grip tightens on his front. she threatens a smirk. 

"room 206."