awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 3:40:56 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she tilts her face, examining the loosening of his jaw as he laughs. it's a bitter sound and she almost flexes her nails into his skin in frustration, but then she blinks too. ice snakes through her, freezing the shock on her face. 

and then she furrows her brows, twists her fingers in his hair, and yanks, gold eyes sharp and furious. 

"i have not slept. i have not eaten. i have not lived since i left you, you wretched man. i agonized over my scars because after all this time, i was still afraid you would look at me and think me ugly."

she bares teeth. 

"and you have the nerve to tell me 'it's not you, it's me?'"
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 3:52:55 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]He can't help himself -- he laughs. Then, despite her insistence, he peels the councilwoman off of him.
[break][break]
"Nah, it's still definitely ye." His expression flicks back to his somber default. "Ye don't trust me. Ye aren't willin' ta accept that maybe the choices I make are fer the best, even if ye might not agree. The truth is Freya that we can love one another all we want, but ta me? I feel like yer pet project. I don't feel like yer equal.[/b)"

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break][break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #9ce6f6; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 5:15:05 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her breath leaves her when she hits the bed, fingernails scraping skin as she goes, too stubborn to let go. she sits up with as much dignity as she can manage and that furious, simmering anger ignites in full force. 

"my pet project? that's how little you think of me?" her cheeks flush. "after everything i've told you."

and more frustrating is the glassiness, sudden and unbidden, in her eyes. tender moments, confessions of her confusing feelings, not knowing what or how it means to love, all splattered with red. 

"i can't take back what i did. i kept from you all the hurt because i didn't want you to feel it and i didn't want you to hate me, but what choices have you made, king? what choices have you made for me?"
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 2:22:41 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]King hisses, in part because of the nail shaped lines in his skin, but in the face of her accusations as well.
[break][break]
"What choices would ye like me ta make Freya? Surrender myself ta the League's judgement just cus yer one of its heads now? Yer blind faith in an organization that has an extensive track record of lettin' ye, and me, down, is somethin' else."
[break][break]
Anger, arceus, anger. He hates this feeling more than anything, but revels in the familiarity.
[break][break]
"I treat ye as an equal though, don't I? Don't see me makin' life changin' decisions without lettin' ye first, eh?" Delta aside. "What do ye want me ta do Freya? I love ye, and ye know that shit don't come easy ta me. But somethin' has got ta change or else we're just gonna be fuckin' off in circles forever."

notes

[break][break]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 3:07:05 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her eyes narrow. they chase each other around this argument and she wants to strangle him. his freedom in return for community service hours. a palpable, real life for delta. and a future for them. 

but that light is waning now. 

what she's done? she can't change that. she can't go back. she thought, after everything they'd been through together, that they could persevere. she thought they could withstand one more push, but she toppled them over the edge and now they lay sprawled and hurting in different worlds. 

"i'm fucking trying, king," she snaps. 

sticky cobwebs of resentment sway - always, always, she did the wrong thing, no matter how much she tried otherwise. silly, stupid, pathetic little girl.

"i shouldn't have kept it all from you, but stop telling me it's because i don't trust you. i never asked you to trust them. i asked you to trust me. i was so terrified of losing you, king. i was so terrified of losing the only person in the world who's ever seen me."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 2:07:44 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"Circles, circles." He says, a mantra that escalates with the tone of his voice. "We're goin' in circles Freya."
[break][break]
He turns to her, eyes narrowed and searching as he meets her own. His breathe comes shallow, and quick, lips parted ever so slightly in preparation for words that escape him.
[break][break]
Then, finally, he speaks.
[break][break]
"What do ye want from me Freya? Really want. Ta join the League? Ta put myself on a registry? Yer askin' me ta take a gamble that could not only ruin my life, but Delta, and yers. Why can't we just be happy as we are now? Why can't we just continue?"
[break][break]
But, he knew the answer to that question. The truth was: something needed to break. Someone needed to concede on their values. But, who?

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 2:17:38 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

time can't touch them here. not with the alarm clock plug pulled out of the wall. not with their phones still by the door, sitting in their haphazardly strewn clothes. long rays of shadows stretch, tinged pink, and dawn threatens, but here and now, they carry on forever. 

always circling because there's no resolution to be found. 

"i want you to LIVE!" she shouts, shaking with anger. "we were wrong for attacking matias! we were wrong for surviving only for a chance at vengeance. for wanting to burn and burn and burn. i don't want to burn anymore, king, and i know you don't either, but you...you have to take that first step."

a muscle in her cheek flicks. "you have to be stronger than me and ask for help."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 2:34:15 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Silence meets her.
[break][break]
It's thick, and permeating; a lack of noise so profound that he becomes all to aware of the ringing in his ears, and the beat of his own heart.[break][break]

Ask for help? If she only knew.
[break][break]
He'd asked for help nearly every day of his life.
[break][break]
When his father would beat him while his mother only watched on despite the plea in his eyes that begged for her to intervene. When had died and he'd felt everything all at once, and was battered to nothing and as small as he felt then, like he was a child once more, eyes pleading for a single iota of understanding; of mercy. Yet, he got none, only blame, and ridicule.
[break][break]
And everyday after.
[break][break]
When he committed himself to his betrayal -- his revenge -- against everyone that had turned on him, the look in his eyes still screamed help me. He wanted nothing more than for someone to find out his plans and put a stop to it. To him. To everything.
[break][break]
And, even now. When he found someone who understood him -- or, he thought understood him -- only to once again have his life be turned upside down, pulled from his control and guided to the best course of action. Her best course. She meant only well, he knew, but still..
[break][break]
He stares down at his open palms as a hurricane of emotions sweeps through him, and where it passes, only devastation remains. The truth was he was a specter; a ghost that haunted the League, Rocket, but most importantly, himself. Worse, he would lead his daughter down this path as well.
[break][break]
King sits on the edge of the bed, back to the councilwoman. Maybe he would place his faith in someone one last time. Maybe letting go of control here was the right play. For Delta.
[break][break]
And, maybe for him.
[break][break]
"Fine." His voice is nearly a whisper. "I'll place my faith in ye then. Help me."

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 2:50:12 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

and she, who has never asked for help. she, who would run herself into the ground, who would rip apart her skin to hide the scars, who would put on a war face and throw herself on the pyre before admitting she could not do anything alone. 

she has never known betrayal like him. 

and if she had, maybe she would have been less callous. but freya does not know what it means to be gentle. and she was blind to this man who knocked her senses back into her and drew her, sputtering and kicking, back to herself. she was blind to his suffering and his pain and all the while she poured salt into his wounds and prayed what she was doing was right

her shoulders sag. her palms are face-up on the bed, fingers half-curled. she cranes her neck back at his whisper, closes her eyes. starlight drips down her cheeks. and then, with care, she turns. she folds over him and she brushes her lips into his hair and she holds him.

just holds him - there's nothing more to say.
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
let sleeping dragons lie
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 16:13:01 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: