[nospaces]
[attr="class","sunboy ollie"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","leftcolumn"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","tagnotes"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"] "yeah," he said with a sigh. "i know what that's like."

[break][break] impulsivity was no stranger to . it was why he'd left kanto, it was why he became a ranger, it was why he —

[break][break] he takes a swig of the beer. "have i ever told you about the time that i punched matias?" the words leave his mouth without thinking about it, but immediately after, he pauses. lips on the can. he remembers 's careful guidance.

[break][break] "it was after he broke up with eva."

[break][break] his expression twists into a grimace, reminded of the memory of 's bloody floor.

[break][break] but that story was far less interesting than this. the one lars was telling him. ollie balked.

[break][break] "no! you're kidding. money laundering?"

[break][break] as complicated as ollie may feel about some things, the idea of his family memories engaging in such unsavory acts had never occurred to him. not even with the amount of brothers that he had, ollie knew without a doubt a fact that his family was tight-knit and good.

[break][break] he frowned.

[break][break] "she didn't?" he scratches his head. "why not?"

[break][break] given the fact that she used to be a former councilwoman, he would've thought that she had higher stakes when it came to that kind of thing. she had more influence.

[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]LARSOLLIE DAY

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","dashdash"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".ollie"] --accent:#FFB546!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy"]--accent:#FFB546;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .inner"]display:flex;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy:hover .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]transform:rotate(320deg); transition:2s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-three
july 26
alto mare, johto
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
6’2 hair down, 6’4 hair up height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 15:40:18 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You what?” he blinked, about to take another drink of beer before hearing what he said about him socking Matias a good one.

And then the context was provided—oh, dear deer.

“…is that why I don’t see Miss Eva around so much lately? Word on the ground is that she’s spending way too much time in the labs over at Evergrande…” he would muse; filing away that information for later.

“What’d he do to warrant that smack on the jaw?” he would follow up, barest hint of a smirk forming on his face.

And then…

“Yeah, money laundering wasn’t even the worst of it,” he would sigh after he downed another drink of beer. “That was just the surface.”

When he mentioned cousin dearest and why she didn’t want to get involved, there was good reason after all.

“Let’s just say the size of the Anderson famiglia involved in all the shenanigans and shit, and the information I found out was. Well, it was best for her not to know what her dad was up to. Even though I knew he’d been coerced into it, still.”

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 15:48:01 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"] ollie's head whipped around to stare at him.

[break][break] "you hadn't heard?" he thought that news traveled fast around the league hq, regardless of whether held position or not. but maybe it'd all went down when he'd been on vacation. he shook his head. "i think it's more a matter of why i hadn't punched him before that. he - "

[break][break] he slept with penny.

[break][break] he broke his word.

[break][break] he -

[break][break] "he broke off the engagement because he cheated on her."

[break][break] his face twisted into a scowl. but even then, he couldn't bring himself to hate — ollie wasn't the type of person to hate so easily. and with people like even vouching for him, it was no surprise that these days ollie's tolerance for the man veered closer to forgiveness.

[break][break] "it was stupid. i was stupid." he let out a sharp laugh. "i ended up in the hospital for it, so it's what i get."

[break][break] but ollie had put himself there, because he'd been pouting, because he'd felt so betrayed by the very woman that he thought he could trust.

[break][break] but she hadn't betrayed you, that needling voice inside his head said. she just hadn't loved you enough.

[break][break] a thought occurred to him, lips twisted into a frown.

[break][break] "how did you even begin to forgive him then? forgive them?" he sighed. "i can't ask people to forgive rocket, not after all the terrible things they've done, but the amnesty program will never work if they don't."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy:hover .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]transform:rotate(320deg); transition:2s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-three
july 26
alto mare, johto
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
nessuno vince.
awards
3,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 15:58:28 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Ever since I was booted out from the ‘inner circle’, you think I still have time for that?” he would continue with the same bark of mirth.

“I spend more time with the other Rangers now, and with the courier job that I—”

For him to fall speechless was… holy fucking.

“He did. What?!” he would exclaim briefly; the sound of his voice getting so loud a few Taillow would take off from the nearby woods in fright.

“…is that why I found some records in the Moonblast Microwbrew, for a catering to a wedding that had been cancelled, listed under… holy shit.”

He blinked. It was a good thing he didn’t dispose of previous records, after all! Keep all the paperwork neat and tidy in one place.

“Damn.”

Who knew that was capable of that? Then again…

He would turn his attention back to la idiota’s inquiry.

“Forgiveness… is hard. Moreso if it’s someone who’s your own family, extended or not. I had half a mind to go ‘no contact’ with them after I found out, but I’m pretty sure nonna didn’t want that. She… she knew that there was something shady going on, but didn’t pursue it until it was too late. So I decided to clean up the family act as much as I can, in her memory.”

And as for why he wasn’t back at Alto Mare? Prod further and find out.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 16:09:25 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"] 's would-be marriage is not a topic of conversation that ollie likes to linger on for long, especially since there are many who would love to find reasons to expunge his sister for no reason. at least, according to those tabloid articles, like the one that had mentioned her visiting his ranch around christmas time.

[break][break] so he lets talk, lets him process, and lets him continue until the conversation falls back onto the amnesty program once again.

[break][break] "how did you do it? i mean, clean up your family act?" he sips his beer. "it must have been hard."

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-three
july 26
alto mare, johto
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
nessuno vince.
awards
3,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 18:06:23 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He cringed.

For a few moments, he cringed. That was… well, it would involve mentioning a lot of things that would get him into trouble… if this was Alto Mare. However, this was another region altogether, and he was sure nobody else had followed him here (except cousin ) so he figured it would be safe.

“Let’s just say I had to do things that no normal, self-serving, normally sane person would do. I’m not going to get into too many details because it’s highly incriminating, but needless to say, cleaning up generations’ worth of a family mess is difficult if you don’t have support or know the right people in the right places.”

The corruption ran deep; that much he knew.

Hell, he was not surprised when he found out about the dealings that the family had with the local mafia groups—not group, but groups.

No wonder he’d gotten all those strange looks back there when he’d gone and done what he did.

“But don’t think I killed someone. That’s too much even for me. I had to handle it with both conventional and unconventional—yet still borderline legal—ways. Mind you, that shit’s very hard especially when the people you’re dealing with have a… rather high body count.”

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 18:14:28 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"] he wasn't sure what he was expecting lars to say, but it certainly wasn't that. his eyes widened as the implications in his best friend's words only grew.

[break][break] "you're not saying you...?"

[break][break] but then lars said that he didn't, and ollie isn't one to question him. he can't help the sigh of relief he lets out.

[break][break] "oh, phew, good."

[break][break] ollie didn't know what he would do if lars had said yes.

[break][break] "if you didn't kill anyone, then what did you do?" he frowned. "come on lars, it's me. you can trust me."

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-three
july 26
alto mare, johto
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
nessuno vince.
awards
3,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 18:29:42 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He pinched the bridge of his nose with his other hand; was la idiota not getting what he was trying to point out?

(Okay, Lars, you may need to dumb shit down a lot. By a WAY lot.)

“Extra-strength negotiation skills, for one thing,” he would begin after some moments of silence. “When I say extra-strength… you gotta be able to put your charismatic charm and your force of will to the best use you can.”

Him, Laurence Michael Anderson? Yeah he had next to none of that… here in Hoenn. Back in Alto Mare, though, he had it in spades. (Maybe it was because of the language and the cultural difference?)

“Charm. But don’t put it on so thick you’ll look like an idiot while doing it. You’re a naturally charismatic person, so you have that going for you at least.”

He breathed out another minute sigh, before taking another drink of beer.

“You also have to deliver results. When you promise something, clearly I don’t need to say it but for the sake of this explanation I will—never go back on your word. Because people can and will scrutinize you under a microscope and try to destroy you; and whatever goodwill you’ve built up with them.”

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 19:09:30 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"] "aww, lars, are you saying i'm charming?" he can't help it. his lips tug into a teasing smile despite the serious topic at hand.

[break][break] "i'd love to see this charming version of you from alto-mare. we should visit sometime."

[break][break] teasing aside, gives some good advice. it's something that will stay with ollie for a long time, as he considers his new mantle of head ranger and also the hills he'll have to across in the coming months.

[break][break] "results, huh," he murmurs thoughtfully. how could he drive results home? lars was right in that he couldn't just make empty promises — he actually had to fulfill them. "i can do that."

[break][break] with that, ollie crunches the leftover beer can in his hand and kicks it into a nearby garbage can.

[break][breka] "alright, alright. none of this serious talk anymore, i'm getting bored."

[break][break] he grinned then at his best friend, bright as the sun.

[break][break] "so. are you going to show me how to ride your motorbike, or what?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-three
july 26
alto mare, johto
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
nessuno vince.
awards
3,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 19:17:01 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Bitch, your picture is what people would first see when they look up the word ‘charming’ in the dictionary.”

A little banter back and forth, there. No harm no foul, right?

Hopefully his advice had driven the point home—when one made promises, they had to keep them. That would be weighing on Ollie’s shoulders now since he was in the position that he formerly had…

Hopefully the other man wouldn’t be crushed under the weight of it all.

“Silly, you want to ride? We’ve both been drinking! Can’t risk getting you in an accident and all now, can I?” he would remind the other. Insanely high tolerance for alcoholic beverages he may have; putting his life and that of another on the line while riding his motorbike? Yeah, no.

“I’ll take you out on a ride next time—before we start drinking,” he would concede with a smirk.

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,486 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 4:48:22 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven