awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 6:21:24 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

With so much free time now, he was bored out of his mind. Even after finishing his quota run of packages that needed to be delivered for the day, he still had too much time on his hands!

…was this what it meant to not be busy for once, after four years of non-stop putting the pedal to the metal? Damn.

He’d parked his motorbike some distance away from Verdanturf as he wasn’t ready to return back home, and was currently laid out flat across the body while looking up at the darkening autumn skies before yawning a little bit and taking a drink from a can of something definitely alcoholic.

Was he expecting to meet someone out here? Who knows.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,318 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 22:31:31 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sunboy ollie"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","leftcolumn"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","tagnotes"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"] ollie still felt guilty, not because he disagreed with what had said, but because he felt like he could've helped more. the two had shared a lifetime of memories, but lately especially, it felt like ollie was bogged down by all his new duties as head ranger and his personal woes that he hadn't made time for the two to spend together.

[break][break] it was why he made the trek all the way to verdenturf.

[break][break] as luck would have it, he would meet his fateful friend on the side of the road.

[break][break] maybe they had the same thought.

[break][break] "lars!" ollie waved broadly, as he jogged up to the other. "fancy meeting you here."

[break][break] by the side of the road, with the sun setting.

[break][break] scenic. almost romantic, if you asked him.

[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]LARSOLLIE DAY

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","dashdash"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".ollie"] --accent:#FFB546!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy"]--accent:#FFB546;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .inner"]display:flex;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy:hover .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]transform:rotate(320deg); transition:2s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 15:16:25 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He was in the middle of taking another drink from the can (there was a six-pack in the side car seat, however one can had already been demolished and he was on his second) before he looked up and saw… huh.

“Fancy seeing you out here, man,” he greeted the other as he sat up from the awkward pretzel position he’d squished himself onto the frame of the motorbike.

“Four damned years and I now have way too much time on my hands.”

As the illumination of the late afternoon skies faded away to the early signs of dusk, he sighed.

“Want a drink?” he offered.

“You can join me.”

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,318 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 6:46:21 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"] a laugh bubbles to his lips.

[break][break] "old man," he teases. "you should relish in it. who knows when the league'll call us to arms again?"

[break][break] it seemed lately that they had more responsibilities than ever. or maybe it was ollie just self-imposing onto his best friend.

[break][break] the brunette walked forward, accepting the offered beer can and snapping it open with a wrist. "thanks," he said, as he brought it to his lips. he leaned back against the bike, not enough to topple it over, but to lean towards his friend.

[break][break] "how're you doin'?"

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy:hover .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]transform:rotate(320deg); transition:2s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 8:15:50 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I already kind of did, you know,” he sassed back.

“After I was ‘reshuffled’, or just plain simple demoted, I cashed in on all the banked time off I have. Went with cousin to Alto Mare, but then, you know. She stayed behind and I returned. It was the craziest month we ever spent there. I also… I also had to handle arrangements regarding the family’s finances and stuff.”

(Read: he now had a lot of money in his Alto Marean bank account within reach.)

He then cracked a new can open with one finger, before taking a drink out of it as the previous can had already been emptied.

“How have I been? Well… lots of free time, I went back to the courier service I worked for back then. They were definitely very surprised to see me picking up more shifts than usual, but there you have it.”

The air around them smelled vaguely of peppermint—was the nearby grove of pine trees coming into bloom now that it was getting closer to winter? Who knows.

“What about you? Adjusting to new life as the ‘boss’?” he cackled.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,318 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 8:31:07 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"] "adjusting, more like suffering," he muttered, before throwing a playful glare. "you never said how much paperwork there would be."

[break][break] but that was a given.

[break][break] and it had only been worse when he was abandoned by both lars and razz.

[break][break] "lately, we've been working on the amnesty program. with all the influx in cases, it's really important to make sure the program is treated with care."

[break][break] it wasn't his program, but he inherited it and in that way, owed it to the league. to the rangers. to razz and lars both.

[break][break] "i know razz was involved but," he said, with a tilt of his head. "were you?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 8:43:49 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Pft, I thought you were just going to blink and be on your way with paperwork!” he cackled from behind the can as he took another sip.

At the mention of Razz, though, his brows furrowed.

“That… I left that to him, mostly—since it involves a lot of delicate paperwork and it’s ‘classified’ Rocket information. I have—had, don’t know if I still have it—access to the paperwork of who was what. If you remember , he was one of the bigger parts of it because well. Sénon also came from Rocket.”

Surprise of the year for Ollie, at least.

“Most of the things I’ve been handling until recently were Captain appointments, assignments and such. Shame had to retire early…”

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,318 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 17:03:25 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"] "bastard," ollie laughed. lars knew very well how much he hated paperwork — how much that kind of thing was definitely not his strong suit. after all, was the smart one in the family.

[break][break] the conversation shifts to the amnesty program, and ollie can't help but let out an outburst:

[break][break] "'course i know sen!"

[break][break] forget about the fact that he'd used to be their head ranger, had been a loyal member of the rangers for some time. ollie would have been an idiot to have forgotten him and the stake he used to play.

[break][break] " — wait, what?" ollie balked. he hadn't realized. then again, he'd never really asked. his brow furrowed. how many other people knew about this?

[break][break] he takes a sip of his beer when the conversation switches back to , and he lets out a sigh.

[break][break] "i know, i know! i'm so upset. did ya know i recruited him? man, i miss him." though, of course, he could always go visit him and his boyfriend, but still. wasn't the same.

[break][break] he reaches behind his head, rubbing his neck.

[break][break] "i guess i was askin' about the amnesty program, 'cause it's been a real mess as of late."

[break][break] he thinks about all the recent defectors — the 's of the world — and glances back at his friend.

[break][break] "how d'you think sen managed it? getting to the top? didn't he face any stigma?"

[break][break] he thought about what had said to him. a seat at the table.

[break][break] "how long did it take?"

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 23:29:27 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The moment la idiota asked about how Sénon was able to get to the top without revealing that aspect of his history, well… there it was. Sort of, kind of.

“I knew about it, as a Head does—did,” he automatically corrected after knocking back another long sip of beer.

“He kept it absolutely quiet from most everyone, because well, he was Head and how would people react to the ‘oh, he was a Rocket? How sure are you he’s not going to turn tail and run?’ if everyone knew about that secret of his?”

It was basically: don’t lay out all your cards on the table; only reveal them when the opportune moment showed itself.

“Why, how much of a mess is it? Have you… have you consulted with to ask their opinion about what can be improved on? Kid’s worked with before, maybe he has some better ideas about how to handle something like that.”

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,318 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 5:39:54 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"] "oh," ollie said. that made much more sense. he hadn't thought he'd heard anything about a head ranger being a rocket... but given the context, it made sense.

[break][break] "did that make you feel different about him, though?" he pushed.

[break][break] at the question of , ollie shook his head.

[break][break] "no. not yet — i'll probably go to him after you." the brunette flashed his friend a crooked grin. "yer my best friend, so ya know i go to you first."

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 19:34:00 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Me? Feel different about Red?” he mused as he emptied the can of beer he had with him before reaching down into the side car and fishing out another one and cracking it open with just one finger.

“Nah. I in fact thanked him for being honest with me about that secret of his. Didn’t make me see him in a different light, all things considered. He also kind of gave me a bit of bad news—before he left Rocket, he was definitely sure he saw a couple of folks on the member list that had my surname.”

What was chilling, though, was the fact that there was a William Anderson listed there; but that’s a story for another day.

Moment he mentioned asking him first, though, he couldn’t help but cackle. Quietly.

“Aww, ickle Ollie trusts me even after all these years, eh?” he teased the other, before taking another quiet sip.

“So. Barring asking for ’s help, how can I like. You know. Help you out? In my spare time, I mean.”

Time… time that he now had a sheer excess of.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,318 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
free time? [s][c]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 5:31:42 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"] ollie balked.

[break][break] "your surname?" something cold settled in the pit of ollie's stomach. no. that couldn't be. that would mean... "well - i'm glad then, that it didn't make you feel different. i know.. that stuff can be hard to stomach."

[break][break] he for one had felt similarly when had revealed such truths to him. but that was different. probably. right?

[break][break] he rubbed the back of his neck.

[break][break] "i wish other people in the league viewed things the same as you. i mean, i don't have to tell ya. especially with all the news around the amnesty program - well, i know not everyone is so forgiving."

[break][break] when his best friend cackles, however, ollie can't help but flush with embarrassment.

[break][break] "s-shut up!"

[break][break] he huffs, only to pause at the other's words. , huh? now there was a thought. maybe -

[break][break] "actually, that helps a lot."

[break][break] suddenly, the cogs in his mind were turning. the things that he could be doing, the things that he should be doing as head ranger.

[break][break] "aw, you're sure you have time for me? thought you'd go vacationing again." ollie smirked, enjoying teasing him for a moment, before he relented. "but nah, nothing exactly, but..."

[break][break] "anything you can think of to help the amnesty program, i'd really appreciate. there's so much to uncover, to resolve that i don't even know where to start."

[break][break] "those guys really need our help, but it's not like i can abandon my duties either, ya know?"

[break][break] "it's... hard."

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights