She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
[rt] nautical nonsense
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 18:23:48 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
mar stood with a foot hiked on the bowsprit at the tip of her ship, leaning out on the long spike of wood as she peered through her nautical telescope. "caps, there's not a lot o' folks comin' out this far." things had been fairly boring where she was at the sea. fairly new to hoenn, she'd been slow to respond to the call to battle out on the coast, so she'd missed a lot of initial combat. she spent some time securing intel, but now she was patrolling the waters for any do-gooder rangers.

capsakid hummed beside her, amusing mar. "maybe we'll close up early, eh? get you some shroomish to skirmish with." the capsakid liked fighting other grass types, though they weren't fights she could win easily til she evolved.

oh. what was that? a blip on the horizon, something moving in the air? she doubted a rocket would be flying out here given that her ship was pretty visible and many knew she was out here now to report on league movements far at sea.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[rt] nautical nonsense
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 6:27:56 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The blip on the radar may have been the strangest thing had ever seen. It was a green-haired Ranger riding on the back of a quite large Starmie - bigger than Shalin herself was. Most people who rode the ten-armed water-type did so through the use of a tether. She rode the Pokémon directly, clinging to the back half of its body. It was unimaginable how dizzy she would become if the Pokémon were to begin whirling.

The Rustboro Captain approached the Rocket vessel she had been instructed to sink as part of her mission. "Alright, Dizzy! Use SURF!" The psychic-type levitated out of the water, only its bottom three feet below the surface. She surged toward the ship, kicking up a large wave of water. While it would not be strong enough to capsize the boat, the impact might be strong enough to knock some Rockets overboard.

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
                             ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Shalin        Human          ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Prower        Floatzel**     Good
Michiko       Frosmoth       Good
Dizzy         Starmie        Good
Snapper       Feraligatr     Good
Bruna         Swanna         Good
Jorn          Empoleon       Good

{WC: 150}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
[rt] nautical nonsense
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 1:44:54 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
mar's eyebrows lifted as she made out a woman on a starfish. hmm. she didn't look like a criminal. "cap. let's shine some light on this, aye?" capsakid cast sunny day, improving her speed. mar braced herself as the starmie surfed into her ship, rocking it heavily. hmm. should she try a little fun and games with this one? she wasn't well equipped for an all-out battle, and maybe she could talk herself out of it. after all, she'd dumped her trafficking cargo out, so no one should be able to determine her allegiance or activities from her ship alone.

"hey, what are ye doin?!" she steadied herself on her feet, almost knocked over by the starmie's assault. she held her hands up and out in a surrendering position. "who are ye? i'll call the police!" or the maritime something something -- she didn't know, she didn't call on law enforcement in her short period of time in hoenn, though she hoped invoking the police would make her seem like a civilian. "this ship is a family heirloom, ye twit!" yes, she was just an angered civilian, not a criminal doing suspicious things on the water.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[rt] nautical nonsense
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 7:23:39 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was far from a criminal; she was a League official, Rustboro's Captain-to-be. Once the waves had passed, Dizzy levitated herself to be level with the ship's deck, Shalin clutching the water-type's topmost rear arm. "Rustboro Captain-elect Shalin Nariya," the Ranger introduced herself. She, of course, couldn't tell the female that she had orders to sink the ship.

If the ship indeed was a family heirloom, then why did the League ask her to sink it? Something was not right with the story was giving her, but she would play along in the meantime. "Dizzy here jumped the Sharpedo just a little bit more than I wanted her to. With you being in League waters, though, I do need to perform an inspection of your vessel. After the inspection is done, you'll be free to go."

MP THIS THREAD: 20
Posts (20)

{WC: 137}
{PC: 2}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
[rt] nautical nonsense
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 16:58:05 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
Rustboro Captain-elect Shalin Nariya. hmm. she committed the name to memory. the woman would obviously be powerful as captain-elect, and she'd even been trusted to come out here swinging with that surf attack, so she could clearly handle herself. it was in mar's best interest not to anger her.

hah, and had considered her to be too impulsive. she was planning plenty well, now. she would get to know this shalin, and maybe pay her a visit later if she reported anything back to her superiors that would ruin mar's future in trafficking. mar wasn't quite happy with the inspection, but she didn't want a fight, either. she acquiesced. "that's how ye do things here in hoenn?" her kalosian accent was thick in her displeasure. "aye, come on, then. check things out." capsakid didn't like that idea, but she didn't make any aggressive moves. instead, her anxiety manifested as nibbling on her fingers, though mar picked her up and put her on her shoulders to stop the grass-type from harming herself.

she had no traces of stolen pokemon below the surface, but the emptiness of the ship might pose a red flag. mar wondered what story to come up and what name was best to give shalin.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[rt] nautical nonsense
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 3:32:25 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was a bit cautious. She was acting on a tip that this was a Rocket vessel to be taken down, yet there was nothing suspicious about the way acted. She was cooperative. Perhaps a bit too cooperative. What confidence. If she really had nothing to hide, then the truth of it would be apparent. She hopped off her Starmie and stepped down the stairwell to the vessel's belowdecks.

"I shouldn't be too long. And don't try any funny business," Shalin sternly replied. "Dizzy, use LIGHT SCREEN!" A wall of solid light would cover the stairwell leading to the ship's interior. Checking out room after room, she found emptiness. What was a ship doing in the middle of a warzone? Unless... it had already made its delivery.

After some time, Shalin returned. She tapped on the LIGHT SCREEN to get Dizzy's attention, who promptly forced it to dissipate. "I couldn't find your cargo manifest anywhere," she asked the Rocket. "Mind showing me where it is?"

MP THIS THREAD: 30
Posts (30)

{WC: 166}
{PC: 3}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
[rt] nautical nonsense
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 5:04:38 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
mar saw two ways to play it as shalin referenced the cargo manifest. she could insist she wasn't shipping, but because she would be trafficking frequently, she didn't want this captain-elect to spread word about her ship not being a transport ship (so if anyone saw it carrying, they should flag it). she didn't know how often this woman would scour the seas. she couldn't risk another run-in if she made that claim.

besides, the ship was obviously designed for cargo. she had to lean into it.

"rockets took it."

stupid. she didn't look distressed. time to sell it.

"they came on board and took everything. one of 'em had a pokemon that used hypnosis on me and cap here. i woke up to nothing. i wasn't carrying anything important, just some potions for a friend looking to host a tournament." yeah, that could explain using up her cargo space... but how often did private citizens host tournaments? arceus, this lie was getting away from her. "anyways. i have a lot of calls to make and apologies to give. and revenge to get." her tone took a much more sinister tone. "the sooner you leave, the sooner i can get back to getting on track."

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[rt] nautical nonsense
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 5:48:51 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Why in the world would Rocket steal a manifest alongside a ship's cargo instead of simply hijacking the ship itself? If they were trying to be subtle about it, they wouldn't be able to pass inspection with a stolen manifest. The vessel's serial number had to match the number on the manifest. The mention of a private tournament made even less sense.

Dizzy's core started to shift colors, cycling through the colors of the rainbow. A psychic link with Shalin let her partner read her emotions, both of them having a good idea that was not being forthcoming. Even so, the Captain played along to avoid a sudden escalation. Clicking a second Poké Ball at her belt, a saddle-wearing Frosmoth emerged from it. Michiko looked big and as mean as a Frosmoth could, freezing SHIELD DUST floating beneath her. Shalin crossed her arms. "Try again."

She was beginning to lose her patience.

MP THIS THREAD: 40
Posts (40)

{WC: 153}
{PC: 4}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
[rt] nautical nonsense
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 23:07:39 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
shit. things weren't working.

she brought out another pokemon that mar wasn't well-equipped to deal with. she didn't have a good opportunity to bail, either, as shalin had demonstrated a collection of fast ride pokemon already. mar was running out of options.

"ye can't treat me like this!" she exploded, voice rising. "just because i'm an outsider, ye think i'm a liar? it's unbecoming for ye hoenn folk to think i'm a liar and a cheat because i'm from kalos! how do ye live with yerself? and yer in charge of people! unbelievable. i want yer supervisor's name." putting shalin on the defense could help, but she had to hope the woman was unused to such accusations, that it would throw her off. otherwise, mar would need something really remarkable as a smokescreen, or she was risking her ship.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[rt] nautical nonsense
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 4:41:43 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Though Shalin was a new Captain, she had seen, and been made aware of, too many suspicious figures within Rocket. No manifest and no cargo on a small cargo vessel? This reeked of a completed supply operation. Those were the kinds of operations the female was tasked with disrupting. "You can have my supervisor's name. It's ." A name that would have been all too familiar if had been given a list of League bigwigs.

Now that she had her wish granted, Shalin would continue making demands of the clearly cornered Rocket. "If you really were boarded... when? And in what direction did they head?"

MP THIS THREAD: 50
Posts (50)

{WC: 106}
{PC: 5}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
[rt] nautical nonsense
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 17:59:47 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
ollie morales. she committed the name to memory just like shalin's, but she wasn't sure how much value she'd get out of looking into either of them. she didn't like to study, anyhow.

"an hour ago," she said, steely in her anger. "three of 'em. masks. i saw a claydol and that was it." she snapped her fingers. "lights out. ye know what it's like to have control of yerself and then to have it ripped away in a second? to watch these boys come in and take what's yers?" she summoned an anger from something else to use as a prop, remembering how her father was locked up in kalos for treason and a dozen other missteps. taken from her by idiots.

"this ship is me birthright, and they came in and took it from me without a second thought. and i could do nothing, trapped in my own body. by the time their claydol finished with me, it was the only thing left on the ship, and it fled while i got my bearings. i don't know where they went. but i know where they're going." emotion served for good smoke and mirrors, but in bringing up old feelings, she was consumed in them, tying herself to the story she was weaving like it was real. "i'll bury them in the sea, let kyogre feast on their bones."

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[rt] nautical nonsense
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 18:23:30 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
An hour? Cargo ships were not known for their speed. They couldn't have gotten far in under an hour. With how clear conditions were, Shalin could verify 's account. The Captain popped open a third Poké Ball, a Swanna wearing riding gear emerging from it. She slid off Dizzy and onto the waterfowl. "Alright, Dizzy and Michiko, you keep an eye on her. Bruna, let's fly." With a powerful leap, the Swanna carried Shalin into the air.

With a pair of binoculars, the girl surveyed the skies. Her instincts and the Rocket's story checked out: the likely raiding vessel, operated by three sailors and a Claydol, was sailing to the north toward Petalburg. It was not long before the Captain returned to her other Pokémon. "Bruna and I found them. I can report your stolen cargo to Ranger HQ in Dewford. If we're able to commandeer their ship, we'll do everything we can to get it returned to you."

With that, she withdrew Dizzy and Michiko, no doubt a relief for the Rocket. "You're free to go. Thank you for your cooperation. Can I get your name for the situation report?" she kindly and professionally asked.

MP THIS THREAD: 460
Posts (60)
Participation (50)
Completion (100)
Draw (250)

{WC: 197}
{PC: 6}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
August 22
Santalune City
Lesbian
Pirate
Grunt
38 height
38 height
awards
118 posts
Marguerite DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mar
Marguerite
[rt] nautical nonsense
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 19:02:19 GMT
Marguerite Avatar
shalin was unmoved by mar's emotions, which would've angered her more, but the captain-elect chose to fly off to verify her information. mar was just about ready to do something risky when shalin left her pokemon to watch her while she went to the skies. dhelmise could probably do some real damage if mar pulled him out, but she did not feel very confident about it. clobbopus and capsakid loved combat, but the pokemon in front of them looked seasoned. on top of it, she wasn't sure she could flee since she lacked ride pokemon, and the woman would absolutely catch her if she stayed on ship.

her hands were tied. she was prepared for handcuffs when shalin dropped down, but the woman confirmed her report. mar tried not to look too relieved.

and what name to give her?

hm. "margaret." she would need to see what kinds of pokemon shalin was known for having at her disposal so she was better prepared for the future. she was sure this wouldn't be her first time seeing her.

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
[rt] nautical nonsense
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 1:28:48 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: