jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
587 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Ranger Reunion [M]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 22:59:40 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Rolling the blue enameled Elite Ranger pin between his fingers, Jack couldn't help but smile before pinning it to his uniform. He gathered up the sheaf of papers from his desk and filed them away somewhat haphazardly into a drawer.[break][break]

I guess toeing the line and sticking to the script has some rewards, he thought to himself as he carefully shut the drawer, paying special attention not to bump the bandaged arm where he had been bitten in the swamp. The memo from Ranger HQ with the carefully worded response he was strictly ordered to provide to HNN when they interviewed him for their coverage of the events on Route 119 still lay on his desk, reminding him that responsibility had strings attached to it.[break][break]

Still, things weren't all bad. Along with his promotion, he had been given his next assignment: Patrolling Route 117 with one of the Ranger trainees. Jack hadn't been sure if it was random chance or a subtle reward from HQ but being assigned close to Verdanturf and with a trainee he knew and liked were both real positives to him. As he headed for the door of his apartment his Boltund, Watts, looked up inquisitively from where he had been dozing on the sofa.[break][break]

"Okay boy, you can come on patrol this time since 117 is pretty safe and I know you'll like Elliot," Jack said as the pokemon leapt toward him in a flash. Before heading out the door, Jack fired off a message to his fellow Ranger:[break]
Meet you on the Verdanturf end of 117. Can't wait to see how you're doing and hear about what you put in your report!

[attr="class","ooc"]
@elliot
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Post Blood, Mud, & Iron[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]--accent:#00ffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Ranger Reunion [M]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 12:11:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elliot"]
[attr="class","text"]

It has been a little bit since the blood moon ursaluna event. The memories were still fresh in the rookie ranger's mind. The first night back from the mission was difficult for him. As he was plagued with terrible nightmares of the events every time he tried to sleep. It had gotten slightly better over the past few days. And he was at least able to get some proper rest. Something he was grateful for since he had to spend time writing his report.
[break][break]
Looking at the text he had gotten from a familiar face. Elliot gave a slight smile as he read it. Well, it was good to see someone was in good spirits! The young man wondered if such harrowing experiences got easier as time went on? If anything, the green-haired ranger was still a bit shaken from the reality of it all. Letting out a shaky sigh, he texted back. Emphasizing a far more happy tone than he internally felt.
[break][break]

Got it! Will be there soon! :D Can't wait to see how your report went too!

[break][break]
Looking down at his Whimiscott who looked expectantly at it's trainer. He gave a soft smile as the Pokemon smiled back. It seemed his Whimsicott recovered quickly as well. As soon as the Toxic Chain dissolved everything went back to normal. And there didn't seem to be any odd lingering side effects.
[break][break]
'Thank, Arceus.'
[break][break]
He thought as he beckoned for the grass/fairy pokemon to follow him. A few hours later the duo made their way to their destination. Jack and his Boltund coming into view. Elliot smiled, an genuine expression of elation on his once somber face. [break][break]"Jack! It's great to see you again!" He looked up at the senior ranger. "How are you? Doing well I hope?" He asked with a friendly tone, but his voice was laced with slight worry and regret that he didn't mean to have seep through.
[break][break]
But he couldn't hide his guilt for trying to hurt Jack. No matter how much he masked it with a kindly smile. The feeling still festered in his heart. He felt absolutely horrible even though he knew he didn't have control in those moments. The self-hatred still lingered. But for now, he'd put on a brave face. Such concerns could wait for another time!
[break][break]
His attention was moved to the Boltund as he got an excited look in his eyes. "And who is this fella? I don't think I've ever met them before!"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

elliot is still recovering the events of mud, blood, and iron.[break]
feels terrible for hurting Jack and attempting to kill him while under the control of the toxic chain.[break]
meets up with , happy to see him. and encounters his boltund for the first time.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.elliot]--accent:#A7CC9B;[/newclass]
[newclass=.elliot]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elliot b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elliot i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elliot u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elliot a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elliot h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".elliot h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".elliot .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elliot .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elliot .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elliot .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elliot .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
587 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Ranger Reunion [M]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 1:44:55 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Jack grinned as Elliot came into view, giving the rookie a mock salute in greeting. He could feel Watts practically vibrating at his side as the other Ranger approached.[break][break]

"Great to see you again too, Elliot! I've been well, just buried in more paperwork than I could even imagine. How have you been?" Jack responded with a chuckle.[break][break]

Jack's smile widened when the other trainer asked about Watts. "Elliot, meet my Boltund, Watts. Watts, this is Elliot," Jack introduced the two. Watts took that as his cue to approach the Ranger, spinning energetically around Elliot's legs and nuzzling the Ranger's hands in hope of pets. While his fellow Elliot was distracted by Watts, Jack took a minute to assess them. It was clear that something was off, but he wasn't completely sure of what.[break][break]

Well, I felt a little worse for wear after my first couple assignments and that was nothing compared to what happened in the swamp.[break][break]

The image of Elliot being pulled under water by the Megalopolans sprang to Jack's mind as he decided to show a little vulnerability to his rookie friend. Sparing a smile for the other trainer's Whimsicott, Jack nodded his head further up the route and said, "Reports are coming in that there is some tera crystal growth on this route but we'll have plenty of time of talk while we walk."[break][break]

Jack began walking eastward, speaking as if just talking out loud, "Truth be told, I'm glad we got assigned to work something a little bit more peaceful this time around. What happened in the swamp was pretty tough, even for me. I was impressed by how brave you were though, jumping in to help wherever you could."[break][break]

Jack closed his mouth and kept his eyes on the path, allowing Elliot to choose whether or not to respond to his probing.

[attr="class","ooc"]
@elliot
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Post Blood, Mud, & Iron[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]--accent:#00ffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]