176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
i hope they believe in me
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 9:46:13 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Dylan's... not taking his powerlessness well. The idea that he could hypothetically be killed, too late to save a loved one, his beloved forests being scarred didn't sit well. He spent the past three months growing and training, and just barely measured above the Volcanion that nearly killed him the second time they clashed.

's wall of fame was an incredible resource, then. While Dylan thumbed his nose at the idea of working with the Rangers, he had a good list of people to bounce ideas off of and train with. To that end, a series of texts was fired off. From the DJ Sorrow account he posts his music with, but still. The gist was: I heard you're pretty strong, and I need your help. Can you set aside time to train, or even just advice.

The fields near Mauville were, unapologetically, his backyard. The treeline was in sight, but so were the concrete slabs with corners sanded off. Dylan waited in his all black denim ensemble, lavender hair fanning out like a dandelion's petals in the breeze.

Dylan checked his phone, not impatient, but nervous.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 22:37:56 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

Now believe it or not, but Kaz hardly ever get asked to help with training. Normally it was in the form of the old tired and true tradition of "our eyes met so we have to battle!" or he was just in the right place at the right time. To have him approached for it was...it was a new feeling. Was this what being a gym leader felt like? Maybe he'd ask or next time he saw them.

When he received the text he almost thought it was just some scam until some Dewford kids filled him in that this DJ had been spotted entering the town gym. Making his way to the designated spot it wasn't hard to pick out who might have sent him the message when they stuck out like a sore thumb or an anime protagonist with their lavender hair and rocker outfit. "Yo. You the guy asking for some training?."

As he approached he was tailed by his loyal companion Urshifu, who with Kazimir was enjoying a delicious Rage Candy Bar to get the day started for the both of them. "Name's Kaz, flattered ya asked but who refereed ya?" Both trainer and Pokemon took another bite of their candy, "Not many people come to me for that." It was still a strange feeling.

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #30c2d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #30c2d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #30c2d7;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

VAPES

Prince of Darkness, DJ Sorrow.
he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
I Live I Die I Live Againnn Im Coming With My Army Of Skeletonsssss
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 8:59:58 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Dylan turned to face him. His eyes made it clear sleep was a foreign concept to him. Save for that though, his face was youthfully smooth. Dylan feigned a cough, taking a long drag off a nicotine pen in his sleeve. He held it in, trying to let the mist dissipate before speaking.

He didn't think he'd get this far, really. But if nothing else, he was emboldened and wanted to go down the list. Speaking of. Kazimir addressed him, and Dylan nodded. "Yeah. I... know which way the wind is blowing, and I don't wanna get swept up in the breeze."

The sight of Kazimir's Urshifu made his eyes widened. He thought for a minute. Was he ready, or... In either case, Dylan pulled up the texts and held the phone screen to Kazimir. "I'm Dylan, I'm the latest to beat Navidson's gym. He'd been training me for a while now. And I still feel like I'm not there yet. So... I looked up the other names on his wall of fame online."

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 6:09:17 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"Ah...I getcha." He didn't need to say it directly for Kaz to understand. The region around them was growing more and more intense, violent. It called for people with strength to come to it and fight for it. To fight over it really. It was getting to a point where it was starting to pull in people like this guy who wanted to get strong just so that he could probably survive nowadays.

Hearing Navy's name did give him some comfort though, if that guy was giving this guy tips and training then he was in capable hands. Still Kaz knew that one source of training was never going to be enough to grow. One had to get experience from all kinds of places so that they could be exposed to new things. Looking back at all he's been through that's probably why he was as strong as he was. Why even briefly he could stand up with the very cream of the crop with league like they were shining stars in the sky.

"Well then that's the right call then man. Domon here and me managed to take on one of Navy's best Pokemon and come out on top. But that's only cause we've got guts but also skill." Taking on the sheriff at full strength was a question that he was always curious about, the two warrior bears they each had usually went at it.

"So how about we gauge how good ya are. Get a feel for it and all that." As the Urshifu was ready to step forward Kaz stopped him and held out a ball giving the bear a wink. "Nah bud, let's let Jolly test him. He's a good pick for this." Tossing it out came a large Blastoise that raised its arms up in a flex as it let out a roar and displayed its twin cannons in a show of machismo.

"Jolly Roger's here one of my best all rounders, he'll be able to take one whatever you throw at him. So fire away pal."

[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #30c2d7;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

VAPES

Prince of Darkness, DJ Sorrow.
he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
I Live I Die I Live Againnn Im Coming With My Army Of Skeletonsssss
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 9:38:42 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Dylan was admittedly... some guy. A musician by trade, who also moneymatched people because streaming pays peanuts and he didn't break the charts yet. He contemplated for a moment asking if Kaz had heard of him, and glanced aside for a second.

In either case, this was an opportunity to be The Man here. Dylan unbuttoned his denim jacket and tossed it aside, revealing a plain white tee. His belt had pokeballs mounted, and a hand reached down to grip the buckle as he posed for a second. Dylan smiled at Kaz's Urshifu. "I have someone who can play with you, but you gotta wait your turn."

He then nodded, addressing Kazimir. Dylan thought for a second, and looked him over. "It's tough, but it's doable. But I believe you when you say you can really go toe to toe with him. I just had... another lesson from him by comparison."

He clicked a ball on his belt, drawing forth his Grimmsnarl. The ogre snickered, its entire muscled body tensing and untensing. "I guess we're both feeling things out at first. --Grimmsnarl, use Foul Play." He called, leading the ogre to dash up and try to swing at Blastoise, full force.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 6:07:35 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"Right. Cause he's a gym leader." His own fight with Navy was more reminiscent of the battles back in Galar. More sport than actual teaching anything to trainers like what they do in Hoenn. Then again considering just how many badges Kaz already had on him there probably wasn't much he could learn from the sheriff if the rumors about what went down in his gym was like.

"And what exactly did ya learn from him? Guy never struck me as the traditional teaching type. Jolly hit 'em with a rapid spin." As he asked his question he threw in a command for his Blastoise. Juggling battle and conversation was a skill one picked up after so many battles and was easy to do when it was this casual. That was until things started to get fired up and if this guy did win a badge from Dewford then that may come sooner than expected.

The large turtle let out a roar as he tucked his head and limbs into his shell letting the large fairy strike his shell full force. If it wasn't so thick the damage might have been felt more by him but Jolly Roger quickly started to spin in response. Faster and faster the shell spun before ramming itself right into the Grimmsnarl to try and pin it down with its massive size and weight.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights