Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Howling at Nothing [M]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 15:38:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Slateport's got plenty. Though for what it's worth, none of 'em hit like the Howling." It was a weird mix of bitter reminiscence of Zev and Isaac proudly tooting his own horn. A part of him missed hospitality, even after everything. "Still, if we're sticking here, we've got plenty of options."[break][break]

He'd just have to pick out all the Rocket fronts.[break][break]

"Or." A mischievous grin quirked up on Isaac's face. "If you know any good places in another city, we could always make that happen."[break][break]

Judging by the way Isaac turned to guide Jack down the street, the offer seemed to be made in jest. At the same time, it was the exact same smirk Isaac had worn when he magicked his way through an otherwise locked door. It seemed in his quest to understand one enigma, Jack had stumbled right into another.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Howling at Nothing [M]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 22:05:41 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"Hmph, I get the feeling nothing will hit like Howling," Jack replied sincerely, if a little gruffly. Howling had been a home away from home of sorts for him and it was one of the first places he had really connected with in Hoenn. A little pang of loss hit him as he took a final look at the shutter storefront.[break][break]

Jack didn't know any bars in other cities, and he realized that was a little sad. If he was in Verdanturf he was either at his apartment or the Ranger Station, his Lilycove destinations were either 's apartment or 's tea shop - though he and Isaac needed something stronger than boba right now, and everywhere else he went was just for work. The only other place he had really gone for drinks was the Mount Chimney Distillery... with Zev.[break][break]

It looked like Isaac didn't actually need any suggestions as he headed off down the street, sweeping Jack along with him. Jack glanced at the man's face as they walked, confused by the strange smirk that Isaac wore. He was going to need the drink, and soon.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Mission: Canon Connections[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]--accent:#00ffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Howling at Nothing [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 15:06:46 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Jack was right. It sucked, but he was right. How had the coldest, cruelest man Isaac had ever known created the warmest and homiest atmosphere? All Isaac could think of was the moment he'd been allowed a peek behind 's facade, seeing him literally contort himself into character.[break][break]

Even after that, he let himself be fooled, as if refusing to believe that was all there was beneath the surface of Zev.[break][break]

No. As long as they stayed in his city, they'd be left in his shadow. The best thing they could do was get out. Isaac's steps started to get faster, just as they had back by Zev's apartment. The winds around him and Jack began to swirl, only a scattering of leaves and a gentle whistle heralding their approach.[break][break]

One minute, Isaac was there. The next, he was gone, Jack literally swept off his feet in his wake. Where the two were once walking, one after the other, now the ground rushed beneath Jack's feet without him having to do a thing. Pavement blended into grass, into stone, into sand, into water. It was as if the struggles of the world below no longer concerned them.[break][break]

They could be anywhere. Why settle for being surrounded by their regrets?[break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Howling at Nothing [M]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 2:38:48 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

A breeze tickled his neck and Jack pulled his coat tighter in anticipation of a chilly winter gust. Instead, the wind pulled him from his feet, carrying him along in the wake of Isaac's passing. The world bled together beneath him until his feet touched down again and he stumbled, struggling to remain upright as he regained his balance.[break][break]

After getting his feet under him, he experienced a moment of disorientation as the familiar sights of Lilycove spread out around them. He opened and closed his mouth several times but though his jaw worked, no sound came out. Bereft of words, he turned and aimed a rough shove at Isaac's shoulder.[break][break]

"What the fuck, Isaac," was all he could muster as he glared at the man. His brain was beginning to catch up, connecting the strange teleportation to Isaac's disappearing act through the door at Zev's apartment. Zev's former apartment.[break][break]

Jack had let himself get sucked into 's orbit, carried along by the man's gravity until it was gone and he was free falling through space. Now Isaac, a man he barely knew, had literally carried him half-way across Hoenn on a gust of wind with no explanation. Here he was, playing the fool all over again.[break][break]

His glare intensified even as he felt his eyes prickle with unshed tears.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.jackpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Howling at Nothing [M]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 3:34:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]The trip had gone by fast. Maybe too fast. Had Isaac really been that desperate to get away? He didn't realize until the trip had come to an end, his body strained from pushing his windbound form to heights he'd never experienced. For Jack, it felt like nearly an instant. For Isaac, he was gonna need an ice bath when he got home.[break][break]

At that point, the rough shove that left him stumbling was just icing on the cake. "Sorry, sorry. Always forget that kind of thing's a Lot the first time." At least Jack hadn't hurled his guts out. "Look, I know it was sudden. I just . . . c'mon, you know what we'd be thinking the whole time."[break][break]

Nowhere in Slateport, maybe even nowhere in Hoenn, was the Howling. Some bars would be classier, some would be shady dives, but they'd all just be pieces of what was missing. It was all too close, too soon. If they needed a new start, they needed to get away. They needed to get somewhere safe, even if it meant crossing the whole damn region in the snap of a finger.[break][break]

Even through the weariness and the guilt, a small, silly smile spread across Isaac's face as he thought about his own new start.[break][break]

" 'Sides, there's a tiki bar right on the coast. Scoped it out on a date a while back. View of the sun and the sea's killer this time of night, and they're wizards with drinks." Not that he had a ton of time to try them, because wasn't feeling great that day. He made a mental note to defeat that bad memory with a proper date one day. "How's that for a change of pace?"[break][break]

Less rustic stylings and classic cocktails, more open air and fruity drinks. Less intersection of every part of the city, more calm, peaceful outskirts. Less clinging onto the past, onto , and more fresh starts beneath a setting sun.[break][break]

He could only hope it would be enough.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Howling at Nothing [M]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 1:01:22 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Jack nodded involuntarily, letting out a long breath that drained him of some of the pent up emotions. Isaac was right, they needed to get away. Every bar in Slateport would just be another reminder that it wasn't Howling. Another reminder that Howling and were gone.[break][break]

He couldn't imagine how Isaac could smile after the day the two of them had together but as the man described the nearby tiki bar, Jack's mouth couldn't help but quirk up into a small smile. Maybe his optimism was infectious. "Fine, fine. You've sold me on it."[break][break]

Jack started walking toward the coast, hoping to avoid giving Isaac another excuse to breeze jump them into the bar. He was maxed out on weird shit for the day. "First round's on you though, mate," he said with a wink.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Howling at Nothing [M]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 2:27:55 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Heh. Guess I walked into that one, huh?" And, in turn, Jack walked away from more fast travel. It was for the best, honestly. Isaac may have been the north wind, but even he could get tired. After a cross-region run like that, a part of him wanted to pound down some junk food and pass out.[break][break]

Obviously, he could only do half of that at the bar. But it was better than nothing.[break][break]

With a wave and a smile to the hostess, and quite the appealing tip slid her way, Isaac had paved the way towards quite the nice beachside seats. They were just in time, too. High tide was quickly giving way to low tide, leaving little fingers of water defiantly stretching out onto the sands. The sun was just starting its descent through the sky. By the time their orders came in, they'd be just in time for the sunset.[break][break]

"So, what's your poison?" Isaac asked as he eyed the menu. The drinks were sweeter than they were at the Howling, and the snacks were more Alolan-style than the usual pub fair, so it would at least be a promising change of pace. "Believe it or not, I'm a pretty big sweet tooth myself."[break][break]

Maybe the slightly-manic series of events that got them this far was Jack's first hint there.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Howling at Nothing [M]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 16:32:13 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

As they made their way to the primo seats with full view of the setting sun above the changing tide, Jack noticed the exchange of cash between Isaac and the hostess. He made a mental note to cover an extra round to even things up between them.[break][break]

"Beautiful view," he murmured as he settled into his seat and grabbed a menu. Jack scanned the menu, finding none of his usual picks. The brief thought of an old fashioned with Mount Chimney whiskey flashed into his mind before he shoved it away and continued scanning the menu.[break][break]

"I never would have guessed you were the sweet type," he deadpanned, lowering his menu slightly to peer at Isaac over the top. Now that they were seated and the revelations of the day were behind them Jack stowed away from of his emotions, putting their jagged edges away so that he could have a drink unencumbered by so much negativity. The day had been strange and heartbreaking, and Isaac was a whole 'nother mystery that made Jack's brain itch, but he owed the man his gratitude for opening his eyes.[break][break]

When their waiter approached for their order, Jack eyed the menu again. "I guess my poison today is banana rum," he said while pointing to a cocktail on the menu. "Make it a double," he added to the waiter before glancing over at Isaac, "for both of us."

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Howling at Nothing [M]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 1:21:48 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Best in Lilycove," Isaac added, drinking in the view for all it was worth. "And the best drinks I've had in this town. Third best food, too." The silver and gold were shrouded in memory, one a sushi restaurant and the other far more personal than that. Each hurt his heart a little more than the last when he considered them.[break][break]

Arceus, he missed .[break][break]

Jack's deadpan snapped Isaac out of his reverie. Turning back towards Jack, he flashed the other man a cheeky smirk. "Trust me. The whole musclehead look's new," he admitted. "Turns out being healed from the brink by a legend does funky things to your body. Who knew?"[break][break]

It wasn't like it was a secret. Jack had already seen Isaac be literal fucking magic. Why not throw some near death experience on the barbie, too?[break][break]

In lieu of that admission, Jack giving a hearty "make it double" almost left Isaac doing a double take. Then he realized, no, this wasn't the world's most convoluted assassination attempt. His new friend was just ordering him a drink. Isaac flashed him a grateful smile, before adding "Can we get some nice, smoky ribs with that?"[break][break]

Give it the right pairing, and even a sweet drink could be so much more than all sugar, no substance. Maybe that, too, was another metaphor.[break][break]

"Thanks for that, by the way," he said, the typical impishness behind his smile giving way to some genuine gratitude. "Been too damn long since I had a chance to just go out and clear my head like this."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Howling at Nothing [M]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 14:54:35 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

At the mention of Isaac's near death experience, Jack's eyebrows climbed toward his hairline but he otherwise didn't pry. In spite of the shitty day, this was turning out to be a half-way decent evening and he didn't want to poke at something traumatic. A mystery for another day, he thought wryly as he eyed the man at the table with him.[break][break]

His stomach rumbled at the thought of ribs and he nodded along excitedly as their server wrote down the order. "It does feel nice to just relax," Jack responded, some of the tension leaving his shoulders at the gratitude in Isaac's voice. Jack smiled and turned his gaze out over the changing tides until their drinks arrived.[break][break]

"Cheers, mate," Jack raised his glass and inclined it toward Isaac before taking a drink. The syrupy sweetness was strange, but not unwelcome after the bitter day. He savored the flavor as the burn of the rum warmed his throat before an idea clicked on like a light bulb.[break][break]

"Sounds like you're overdue for a night of head-clearing. Why don't we see how much of the cocktail menu we can get through? My girlfriend lives in town, so if you're too drunk to magic breeze home we can crash at her place. I can text her a head's up now," Jack said, turning the inflection of the statement into a question as he pulled his phone from his pocket and wiggled it in the air.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Howling at Nothing [M]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 21:47:21 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Huh. Small world." Isaac hadn't meant to spirit Jack away to pleasant company. He just wanted to get as far east of Slateport as he could reliably make it. But, hey. He'd take a happy accident. "Thanks for the offer. Can't say I'd mind a chance to get some rest."[break][break]

This wasn't the rest. This was the party before it.[break][break]

It had been a long time since Isaac had gone on a full menu crawl like this. Nothing sobered a man up like being a bartender. You got to see the most blacked out drunkards make asses of themselves, a sight that would scare anyone straight. When it came to tasting, you had plenty of chances to sample from your own supply. Where was the need to rush?[break][break]

On the other hand, Isaac could finally test if Suicune's restorative powers could bust a hangover. Food for thought.[break][break]

"You're on." With a daring smirk, Isaac accepted the gauntlet thrown his way. "Let's start with the sipping ones first. Trust me. You don't wanna get too caught up in the rush and throw a whole-ass glass of bourbon down your throat." He remembered the last time some hot-shot tried pulling that stunt off. Guy was bent over the bar, coughing up a storm once he felt the burn.[break][break]

"And, fuck it. If we're gonna get a ton of drinks, let's get a bigass app sampler to go with it. We're gonna need it." What was so bad about a night of excess now and then? If anything, it just meant he'd know which apps were winners for the next time he and scoped the place out. Hell, they could even bring any leftovers back to Jack's girlfriend. Win/win.[break][break]

"Buckle up, man. We're making this happen."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Howling at Nothing [M]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 0:24:34 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Jack was a sucker for adventure and tonight he was defining adventure as a journey through the cocktail menu. He even had a solid plan: intersperse food with the drinks to slow down alcohol absorption into the blood stream. It was foolproof.[break][break]

First he ordered the Lemon Lime Typhlosion, because it sounded cool. Then an Arboktini. He had so much fun with the Jigglypuff Jello Shots that he ordered a second round for the two of them. By the time the Tequila Vine Whip arrived, Jack's volume and exuberance had risen considerably.[break][break]

He kept the conversation light. That was part of the adventure too, allowing Isaac to have a night without any heavy thoughts on his mind. Not thinking about the tragic bullshit of existence was almost as refreshing to Jack as the Pika-colada. He even made a game of timing his orders so that the next drink would arrive at the same time they were finishing their previous cocktail.[break][break]

The menu was somewhat blurry as he scanned for their next selection but his mind was refusing to focus on the options. Slapping the menu down dramatically, he declared, "Well mate, looks like we've won." A wide grin broke across his face as he stood, gripping the edge of the table for support, and flagged down their server for the bill and a to-go box. After the server gave him a dubious nod, Jack slipped his phone from his pocket to fire off a quick series of text messages.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]

[attr="class","gunscomms"]

MESSAGING:[break]AURELIE

[break][break]

[attr="class","msgs"]

JACK says...[break][break]
hi im coming to your place with my friend he is to drunk to magic drive home but you will like him he is hot and cool
[break]
cant wait to see you
[break]
we hac sancks
[break]

sent at 11:29 pm

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunscomms .msgs div"]font-size:11.5px;display:inline-block;padding:10px 15px 10px 15px;margin-bottom:10px;background-color:#1d1d1d;border-radius:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunscomms .credit"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunscomms .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Howling at Nothing [M]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 5:44:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]The human spirit was an incredible thing, and nowhere was it stronger than in Hoenn.[break][break]

Today, however, there was no skirmish with Team Rocket. There were no horrors from another realm encroaching upon this dimension. There was no existential Origin Point waiting for the chance to snuff Isaac and Jack's lives out. No, today the only war being waged was the war against the self.[break][break]

An Orre Libre floated Isaac through round of savory, well-spiced appetizers, followed up by a light and refreshing Watmel Ball to wind him down between courses. After all the rounds they went through, the Greavard hit him like a brick, but he found a second wind when the Blue Alolan perked him up. By the end of their meal Jack's shots were answered with a round of Isaac's own, cookie and cream shots that were even in little edible cookie cups.[break][break]

By the end, he could barely count. There were times he repeated an order because he couldn't even tell if it was a drink they'd had already or not. The blind were leading the blind, but against all odds they managed to limp there way to the finish line. When either the menu was complete or their newly-developed illiteracy had caught up to them, Jack slapped his menu down with a flourish.[break][break]

"That's what'm talkin' 'bout! Woo!" Isaac tossed his own menu over his shoulder to celebrate a job well done, not even noticing as it fluttered away on the breeze. "Who's awesome? We're awesome! Who's awesome? We're awesome! Who's awesome! We're . . . we're . . . "[break][break]

"We're a sleepy bitch." It was less words and more a bunch of sounds narrowly pushed through a yawn.[break][break]

Luckily, they were on there way out. Before he left, Isaac rounded out their collection of leftovers with an extra order of spam rice balls and one last cookies and cream shot. Whoever Jack's missus was, she'd be eating good today. Then, with a hearty thanks to the waitress (and a hearty tip on their way out), it was time to hit the road.[break][break]

Shoulder and shoulder, the two bravely soldiered on to what awaited them over the horizon.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG + [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,751 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Howling at Nothing [M]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 8:11:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven