She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
Look to the future, see in it everything you've ever wanted. Now find the strength to grab it.
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
It's So Abomasnover
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 9:35:26 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

It's a beautiful snowy day on Mount Chimney today in Hoenn, a statement that boggles the imagination for so many reasons that Xenon cared absolutely nothing for. What mattered to her in this moment was the intense spacial distortion that was causing this snowy day, and more importantly the implications of the spacial distortion on her research. Now your average scientist might content themselves merely with sending in a weather balloon or perhaps a drone to gather data, but Xenon was no average scientist.
[break][break]
This woman was the definition of Ultramodern, meaning she absolutely had to go in herself for this task of utmost importance. And of course she wasn't going to get into this mess by herself, it was borderline necessary for her to drag someone else into this miserable business!
[break][break]
Thus we find our heroes(?) here on Mount Chimney, freezing their asses off as Xenon scans the bizarre energy readings coming from this cave near the top of the volcano. Nothing about anything made sense here, trekking up the mountain had led through five areas of intense blizzard clashing with lava actively flowing down the mountain, the cave they were in right now was just such one of these areas in fact. The wind picks up at random trying to blow the two of them over, a byproduct of the intense pressure being generated by the temperature clashes according to Xenon, though one couldn't be faulted for assuming it was just the volcano itself trying to spite them.
[break][break]
It certainly didn't feel very happy about Xenon poking about its innards with various sticks and probes, scraping at rocks and throwing snowballs around trying to measure the exact dimensions of the spatial distortion happening. You could practically hear it grumbling even as the earth under their feet shakes furiously, something that the scientist of course seemed totally oblivious to.
[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#1F51FF;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
712 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
It's So Abomasnover
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 15:57:14 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
You can't say you're particularly happy to be here.

Seriously. Why can't these intellectual types ever ask your help for normal science stuff, like doing egg drops, or making baking soda volcanoes? They always want you to fight a giant whale, or steal a generator, or do some other insane thing. Like, for instance, going out to Mount Chimney in the middle of a raging blizzard.

Somehow, it's both too hot and too cold at the same time. You are simultaneously overdressed and underdressed for the extreme conditions. The sweat dripping from your face is freezing to your skin. One minute your boots are slipping on ice, and the next they're melting from the heat. And none of that is even mentioning the lava, which is really just the burning icing on this frigid cake. Even someone like you, who knows next to nothing about meteorology nor mountaineering, can tell how fucked this is.

And that's about all you can tell. Not for lack of trying, mind, you'd more than eager for an explanation to this madness. Alas, your "partner" on this expedition doesn't seem particularly interested in verbalising any of her findings. So, you're really just standing here, waiting for her to get bored and finish up so you can leave. Speaking of which...

"Are you done yet?"

close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
Look to the future, see in it everything you've ever wanted. Now find the strength to grab it.
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
It's So Abomasnover
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 2:36:51 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Xenon rolls her eyes as Shred once again asks if they're done, and once again the answer remains the same. "We just barely got here. You know how much I hate repeating myself, I really feel like you're missing the importance of what exactly is happening here." She crouches down and digs her hand into a pile of half melted snow, packing it up into a neat little snowball and rising back up to her full height. "We're experiencing some incredibly exciting new changes in our region, its our job to better understand what's happening in our world and how we can work with these changes. Could you imagine the possibilities if we could artificially control the weather in these kinds of extreme biomes, we could terraform normally uninhabitable regions to be new bases of operations or even produce ideal conditions for Pokemon which could only reproduce in incredibly rare areas."
[break][break]
The scientist rears her hand back and throws the snowball full force at Shred, yet it barely even makes it half of the distance between them before it's abruptly evaporated into a boiling cloud of mist, dissolving into the air and leaving nothing behind. "We could also just use it to kill a whole lot of people we don't like. Isn't that a nice thought, killing a whole bunch of losers without even needing to put in any work? Just let the world do all the work for us."
[break][break]
The ground rumbles once more beneath their feet, rocks in the cavern shifting all around as the tumultuous volcano ingests another metric ton of falling snow. "Though I will say speaking purely as a person rather than a scientist, this is weird as fuck. Like I'm not an expert meteorologist, but nothing about what's going on here should be working. My working theory is that the space where the snow actually is linked to some completely different space somewhere in Hoenn, and in that other space there's bits of lava all over the ground."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.xenon]--accent:#761dc4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.xenon]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
712 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
It's So Abomasnover
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2023 16:05:41 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"I get that it's important, alright?" You clarify, crossing your arms as you raise an eyebrow. "But my fingers are important too, and they're getting frostbit AND burnt. Can't we just take a quick break? Head back to base camp, get some protective gear, stuff like that? I think..."

You trail off. She's started rambling, and if she's rambling, then she's not listening. So, you make the smart choice and save your breath. Maybe you can at least learn something from the deluge of words pouring out of her mouth? You try your best to glean some wisdom from her ravings, but it's an uphill battle. As soon as she starts talking about killing people, your ears go numb. Or is that because you're out in extreme cold without so much as a woolly hat to warm them? Hard to say, hard to say...

But your zoning out session is cut short by the distant rumbling growing louder. Louder? No, maybe it would be more accurate to say closer. Is the volcano erupting? No, if it was, you'd surely be drowning in lava right now. So then, an avalanche? No, then you'd just be drowning in snow instead. But if it's not either of those, then what could it even be?

CRACK! The ground beneath your feet sinks a little. Then a little more. Then a little more. Then, it collapses entirely.

Then, you begin to fall.

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--"

close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
It's So Abomasnover
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 0:33:38 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"Well I'm glad you get at least one thing here, I would hate to be wasting my time. You know what else wastes my time? Going all the way back to base camp to get protective gear that you should have grabbed before we came. That's a pretty massive waste of time." Yeah no, there's no way they're going all the way back to base when they were already this high up on the damn mountain. No way no how.
[break][break]
The rumbling of the mountain grows stronger as Xenon takes off her backpack and roots out for an extendable pole, she needed to get a sample of this lava rock into study and-
[break][break]
CRACK!
[break][break]
Xenon's body tenses as she whips around to look at Shred assuming he did something wrong, the reality is worse. The ice under his feet is breaking in slow motion for her as she steps forwards to grab at his collar, a maw in the earth opens wide to swallow him whole. She reaches out and pinches the edge of his coat in between her gloved fingers, entwining them within the cloth and shifting her weight back to catch him. She can already feel her mistake as her feet slide out from under her, what she thought was solid earth was changing into ice as the hole widens, she had done nothing but get herself caught in this mess too.
[break][break]
"Shit shit SHIT!" The scientist's scream is uncharacteristically girly as she falls into the depths right after the Rocket Beast, her shoulder slams into the ledge followed by her chin catching against the wall of this hole, her vision swims as she goes limp and her brain rattles in her skull.
[break][break]
By the time she's come to she's lying on the floor in immense pain, at least one rib is broken, neither of her arms thankfully. Ah, that's because she landed right on top of her metal arm. Yeah, that would explain the broken rib. "Ow... Where the fuck are we...?" Xenon moans as she rolls over with a pained gasp, struggling to stand up proper as she-
[break][break]
Oh. Oh wow, that's a lot of Tera Crystals. The agony of breathing is forgotten for a split second as she finds herself lost in a veritable sea of humming yellow and brown Tera Crystals, pulsing with life and illuminating the cavern they found themselves in with their brilliant lights. This was a good discovery. This was a very good discovery.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.xenon]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
712 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
It's So Abomasnover
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 4:21:53 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Ow... Ow... Ow...

As you lay there, staring up at the shining ceiling of Tera Crystals forming above you, you curse under your breath. Fucking hell. Nothing can ever be simple, can it? Doesn't matter if its easy things or hard things, they all have to be complex. Tch. Well, you suppose it could be worse. Sure, your body might hurt like shit, but at the very least, you're not dead.

Not yet, anyway. But if you want to keep not being dead, then you'll probably need to get out of here sooner rather than later. Oxygen deprivation and hypothermia and all that. But how to do that? Your first instict is to dig, which might work, if you weren't on Mount Chimney. Yeah, no, even an idiot like you knows that a volcano isn't the place to be tunnelling all willy-nilly. Not unless you want to get incinerated by lava, anyway.

...Oh, Xenon's awake, too. Well, it's technically her fault that you're in this mess, so maybe she'll have some ideas to get you out of it.

"We're in a cave." You groan in reply, not even bothering to look at her as you speak. "We're trapped, too. Even if we wanted to climb out, the hole's sealed up by those crystals. No other paths in or out, either, so... Yeah. We're fucked."

Unless...?

close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
It's So Abomasnover
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 23:15:00 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"Don't be so pessimistic you ass. The grunts at base camp know we went up here, after a day or so they'll realize something is up and send us help." Her head was swimming as she observes the cave system they were trapped in, holding an arm to her aching ribs as she plants her other arm on the ground and slowly pushes herself into a kneeling position. Standing might be a bit much for her right now, but kneeling was fine enough.
[break][break]
"What a fucking find though. It makes... you... wonder..." Xenon trails off as she stares deeper into the cave, faint pulsing lights illuminating the darkness as the ground rumbles quietly underneath. She had thought that was just the natural movements of the volcano before, but there was something deeper in there that was forcing her to reevaluate that position.
[break][break]
"Hey. You brought your Pokemon with you right?" The ultramodernist fumbles for her belt and grabs Rhodium's Pokeball, her eyes dart around at the cramped cave system and she curses as she slides a hand over to Arsenic instead. There was a fog building along the floor of the cave, which was weird enough so deep underground. But what was really worrying was the slight tinge of pink she could see further inside. The ground shakes again, it's now that both can recognize this for what it was, so evenly paced as the rumbling grows stronger.
[break][break]
They were footfalls.
[break][break]
A glint of light from the Tera Crystals reflects off of a smooth green metal carapace, one leg falls in front of the other as the mechanical beast stalks the caves underneath Mt. Chimney. She had seen reports of this Paradox Pokemon from others, but this would be her first encounter with one herself as it emerges from the darkness and scans over them. Iron Thorns.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
712 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
It's So Abomasnover
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 20:56:29 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"Of course I brought my Pokemon. But, uh, why'd you ask...?"

Your question is answered not by Xenon, but by the whirr of advanced engineering, the screech of scraping metal, and the echo of stomping feet. Great. A Paradox Pokemon, here and now of all times? You suppose it isn't unusual. After all, they do love to show up whenever there's Tera Crystals or Dream Mist about. So, you're not unlucky, just unfortunate. Not that the distinction makes it any less of a pain in the ass.

Oh well. When it rains, its pours, and right now, you're getting drenched. Nothing to do but to rush up to your feet and fight this mechanical freak. From a glance, it seems similar to a Tyranitar, but the shine of steel and the glow of neon tell you otherwise. Great. Had to be one of the robots, didn't it? You're sure that your accomplice is absolutely creaming themselves over that, but you're not going to bother checking. If you wanted to see that, you'd--

CRASH! A Rock Thrown causes your train of thought to derail, and with a loud exclamation of "SHIT!", you leap to cover. Okay then, if that's how he wants to play it? Then that's how you'll play it! After a moment of pondering who's the right 'mon for the job, you snatch a Pokeball off your belt and toss it out to face your foe.

And out comes your Hisuian Decidueye.

"Hm... So, you are to be my enemy?" The bird of prey examines his opponent with a interested disinterest. As though this is simply a target to eliminate, rather than an opponent to fight. After he takes a moment to take the machine's measure, the Decidueye lowers his head and narrows his eyes. "Very well."

With the formalities taken care of, the avian rushes forth, closing the distance between him and his target. Then, he turns his entire body, transferring momentum bone by bone before delivering a heavy kick straight to the core of the Iron Thorns. All the while, its eyes remain on the prize, the look of disinterested interest never waivering once, even for a second.

You sure have to admit, he's one Brave Bird.

close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
It's So Abomasnover
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 3:53:58 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

It's a beautiful specimen and she wishes she had more time to observe it, but there's a time and a place for everything as they say, but not now. Her body is still as she watches the Iron Thorns, hoping against hope that maybe it would just turn right back around and walk away with no interest in them. That hope is shattered as it rears its arm back, her body springs into action as a boulder smashes into the ground where they were standing moments ago, her own arm smoothly flicking a Pokeball onto the battlefield and releasing a Veluza next to Shred's Decidueye.
[break][break]
The sharp finned fish is all business as she quickly assesses the situation, Shred's Decidueye was buying her a moment to set up as she starts to tear into her own flesh, filleting away all the excess and throwing herself into a frenzy as a thin sheen of red covers her eyes. The mechanical monster roars as the brave bird strikes at its shell, electricity sparking in its mouth as it throws its upper body forwards to crunch into the stoic fighter with fangs of lightning.
[break][break]
But Aresenic isn't sitting idle while this happens. After shedding so much of her skin and flesh, the razor sharp blade of its fins snap out with psychic energy, cutting into the metal hide of the beast and attacking its digital mind with a raging Psycho Cutter. "Don't kill it! This is a valuable specimen if I can capture it alive!!!"

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
712 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
It's So Abomasnover
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 17:56:26 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Don't kill it?

First of all, it's a machine, so you're not even sure it CAN be killed. Granted, you don't have some bullshit degree in cyber-ethics, so you can't be certain, but, c'mon. Is turning off your phone every night supposed to be some systemic act of serial killing? Get real.

Secondly, seriously? Don't kill it, even as it tries to active kill you? Fucking hell. If she's so eager for live test subjects, why can't she just camp out by a Tera Cavern and farm for them herself, on her own time? Why does she have to drag you into it, and why at a time like this? What do you look like to her, some kind of grotesque hunchback ugly bastard Igor? Don't answer that.

"Fine, fine! Decidueye! Hit that big bastard's legs!"

"Hmph."

The owl dodges the electric-charged jaws, hopping back. Then, it produced a Leaf Blade from amidst its wings, allowing it to slip from its plumage and fall to its talons. Then, in a single swift motion, it launched itself forth, swooping between its feet, delivering two quick slashes to the mechanical tendons of the false Tyranitar, before rising up and skidding to a halt on the other side.

You've crippled it. At least, partially. But if Xenon wants it so bad, then she can catch it herself.