she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
299 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanillakingsley
Vanilla Kingsley
Vanilla Ice [M]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 6:17:48 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
"Hot cocoa? Now we gotta get this done pretty quick! I want mine with extra marshmallows."

Nothing beat a way to get around the cold like a steaming hot cup of the best chocolate flavored drink there was! Even if Vanilla was named after a more bland flavor, she could come to appreciate the reign of hot chocolate as the king amongst heated cocoa delicacies. She walked behind Navy while Slow Dancer opened the door for the both of them. Her speed was a bit slower than the Sheriff's out of a fear of ghost Pokémon. Other than Proxii, he really hadn't really found many other ghost types willing to not play tricks or mock her for their amusement.

Something ahead of them giggled, catching her by surprise. Vanilla quickly caught up to Navy with her crutches moving in overtime as she dug into her bag to get some of her party ready to go if a fight did break out. "I don't like the sound of that." she commented, feeling on edge while they walked deeper into the building.

A swarm of Haunters filled the air in front of them. The sight had caused her to jump in surprise and duck to assure herself she wouldn't catch a stray Lick from one of them. Fortunately, Navy's King Shield protected him from such an event, followed by a sudden kick from Slow Dancer to fell one of them.

"No clue how Elise does it so well. Trying to train my Haunter is hard enough. I can't imagine training exclusive ghosts.” Vanilla observed while they walked by an open room leading towards a room clad in darkness. She hobbled along while some more chittered laughs and giggles came from around the pair. Just before Vanilla could open her mouth to speak, several wires dropped down from the ceiling and tangled Vanilla in their mess.

"Huh?!”

They yanked her up upside down while pulling her back down the hallway. Her body flailed around while trying to free herself from the prison of insulation and copper wiring. The dulled pain in her leg and being unable to really fight fully against this was already getting Vanilla riled up. So this was the final straw in her patience. "H-Hey! Lemme go! You…” She slung every bit of profanity in her vocabulary at the ghosts while being used as a carrot for Navy to take, dangling a damsel in distress towards who knows where.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Vanilla Ice [M]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 22:39:36 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
I HOPE YOU KNOW WE HAD EVERYTHING. WHEN YOU BROKE ME AND LEFT THESE PIECES.

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

Before these ghosts had been ghosts, many of them were human. Hearing the string of profanity from young lips makes them recoil. Whatever they had been expecting when they dangled her like a prize before Dewford’s gym leader, it was not that. Navy finds himself smiling when he chides her.[break][break]
Language, missy.” A flick of his hand sends Dragonslayer out to meet them. His own ghostly sword does not cut at any of the Pokemon. Instead, he flicks his blade across the cables binding her up. Given Dragonslayer’s size, it is an impressive cut. A few inches higher or lower would have spelled disaster.[break][break]
Instead, she tumbles. Navy catches her. Creatures cackle among themselves. Balls of pure darkness gather in their hands, cracking with malevolent energy. Having seemingly cornered the sheriff and the maiden, they mean to put an end to this.[break][break]
Until a spotlight falls upon one of their number. This Haunter and this Haunter alone stops laughing. Insteed, he looks like a Stantler caught in headlights. Energy coils along its path like an Ekans, tracing a path towards him. Dragonslayer and Navy run down the hall, Vanilla in tow.[break][break]
Just gotta find the breaker. Turn the power back on, then they’ll scatter. They’re not gonna put up a fight in the dark.”[break][break]
Which, as it turns out, isn’t hard. A flock of Rotom dance around the heart of this facility, with the breaker not far away now.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
Vanilla Ice [M]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 1:48:10 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Despite how nice and feely that Vanilla was, as Navy could attest, she had quite the mouth on her when upset enough. It was the side effect of being the youngest out of twelve or so siblings and having around some of the more "language oriented" ones that let her know exactly which words meant what across the age gap. Vanilla huffed at the reminder, still entangled in cords and wires. No wonder the bugs that cocooned themselves wanted out so bad, this was awful to be stuck like!

"Easy for you to say when you're not like this." The child pouted, dangling from the ceiling while the Sheriff took his massive Aegislash and aimed it at the cords. It a moment of panic, she wriggled a bit out of worry and ending up like sashimi at some sushi joint, but much to her relief, the cables holding her would give way and let out. Vanilla tumbled out into his awaiting arms, with the girl breathing a sigh of relief. "Thank you." she flashed a peppy smile and was helped down back onto her two feet.

The ghosts currently cornering them didn't seem entirely fond of this, covering both ways out while the younger of the two stuck close and was ready to start throwing everything she could manage at the ghost before their bacon was saved by the timely intervention of a light from above. It stunned the poor Haunter as it fled into the darkness. Navy pushed past the army of darkness, with Vanilla bouncing after him.

Their goal was clear as day, the breaker box was dead ahead, though guarded by several Rotom that had been flickering around it. AN idea hatched in her mind as she dug into her pockets and produced a familiar rectangular device. "Proxii! Wake up, I need your help!"

The Pokedex's screen flashed to the familiar face of a Rotom possessed piece of equipment, with Proxii chirping to life. He left out a soft yawn as his digital voice manifested out of the speakers. "Where are we? What's goin on? I thought we were going to Navy's..." He said before jumping out of Vanilla's hands and hovering beside her. She turned him to the gang of Rotom nearby.

"Can you talk to them and see if they know where the breaker box is?" Vanilla asked hopefully. Proxii would pop out of his Pokedex body and dart over to the group for a moment with an audible "KKKKKKZZZZZZZT!" The group and Rotom chatted with each other for a minute or so, before Proxii returned to the pokedex, looking at both Navy and Vanilla.

"They said they'll agree to help us find it, but only if we find them a new place to live. I don't think all of them would fit inside of this Pokedex." He reported, with the swarm of Rotoms crackling as they eyed Vanilla's device.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Vanilla Ice [M]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 7:05:23 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Proxii, do me a solid, will you?” Navy grins. Rotom turn to swirl around him, hearing a new voice speak for the first time. They dance around him like an electric swing orchestra.[break][break]
Translate for me. is going to hate him for this, when she eventually decides to wrest ownership of their home from him. Having a lively home, Navy thinks, is fun. His life’s about to get a little more interesting.[break][break]
I’ve got a house. It’s got all kinds of fun appliances. Fully stocked fridge, oven, toaster, some game consoles…anywhere a Rotom could wanna roost. Promise not to cause too much trouble and you guys can move in with me. Plus…got a special mission for one of you, if any of you like playing video games. isn’t going to like the surprise waiting for him inside that rumored switch 2 when it eventually releases.[break][break]
All you gotta do is help us, and maybe beat up those Haunters. Sweet deal, yeah?

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
Vanilla Ice [M]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 5:45:42 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Proxii's Pokedex flickered over to Navy as he made his request to translate, the Rotom listening with great intent. He was thrilled that they would be able to find a way to put these fellow Rotoms in another kind of house besides this one. "Sure thing!" he said, popping out of the Pokedex again and chittering with the other Rotom. The group of them buzzed around at the deal given to them, looking as if they were conflicted. Vanilla silently showed her support alongside Navy before the mass would bounce around both humans.

"Are we being attacked? What's going on, Proxii?" Vanilla asked. The Rotom plopped back into his own RotomDex home and smirked at the two. "They're taking the deal, but they're just excited about it is all. All thanks to yours truly, kekekek~" He showed off in front of them, receiving an elbow by Vanilla for his troubles. The trainer pumped her fist to Navy, sharing his excitement for finding refuge for the group of Pokémon. Sure, she didn't know the exact reasoning for his offer, but as far as she knew, he was just being the helpful Sheriff that saved the day.

The swarm of Rotom quickly flew down the hallway while Proxii flew in the direction they sent. "Now come on, let's go kick some Haunter butt!"

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Vanilla Ice [M]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 4:59:42 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

I won’t lie to you, I half expected ‘em to attack us!” Navy’s big, hearty laugh fills the wide expanse of the room. Dragonslayer joins the Rotom on their dash, dramatically raising his shield like an ancient warlord. It leaves them alone, mostly anyway, to search for the breaker. Without the Rotom to show them the way, it takes time.[break][break]
Man, a little adventure’s just what I needed for Christmas.” He speaks with candor, eventually finding the one switch that makes everything right. Power returns, along with a stream of terrified power station employees. Most of the responsible adults hid away, not wanting trouble from a swarm of ghosts.[break][break]
All of them cheer for Vanilla, offering her profuse thanks. Doubtless, this is because the sheriff chooses their arrival as an opportunity to slip back into the crowd, letting the young lady play the role of the hero. This is his job, helping Dewford. As he sees it, Vanilla’s willingness to help, especially at her age, affords her the privilege to be the hero of this tale.[break][break]
Looks like you’ve made some new friends.” He teases her when they eventually disperse. “That’s one for the books. Looks like cocoa’s on them.”[break][break]
A small pause.[break][break]
Don’t be a stranger, kiddo. This town’ll love you, if you let it.

notes about this post

Notes go here

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights