Yuina Higashi
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 19:00:06 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

The gravity of the situation was dizzying, and for a brief moment Yuina was thankful that she was used to the mental and physical toll that it took to take on an onslaught of memories that way, otherwise she felt she may be sick over all of this...[break]
Her mind was reeling, she had so many questions, about so many different things... The megalopolans... the face from her memories calling out to her in the distortion... Was the veil of time space so thin at that moment that... She could have gone back? And this... This creature, this thing that now loomed over her, its target to be found... What was it meant to do now...? And why hadn't it done anything up to this point...?[break][break]
Her breathing was labored, she was trembling, it was difficult to stand up right as she tried to consider everything that had happened all at once, and now the woman that she had come to meet, one of the league's highest council members was admonishing her, meeting her with animosity... Was this an end to this new life she had built? Was she considered a threat? A compromise? Was she going to be removed from her organization... Would be able to help...?[break][break]
She was heavily considering rushing to Rasza and just running away in that moment, she now had her back against the black scales of her partner, contemplating leaving both Freya and the creature that pursued her behind, and just when she might have thought the worst... As Freya regarded her again...[break][break]
"I believe you...,"[break][break]
Yuina released an audible breath, though none of the tension left her frame as her eyes returned to glance up at the Naganadel... Was she safe...?[break][break]
"...Them," Yuina returned first, her eyes shifting between Freya and the Naganadel.[break]
"Who? I... I-I don't... No, I've never seen her before, I don't know why anyone would be looking for me...," a lie... She could imagine a lot of different reasons why someone might be looking for her, but she couldn't know which her they were after...[break]
"Who is she? Am... Am I in danger...?"

notes[break]
Mission: Canon Connections -> December 2023[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 0:06:34 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
yuina continues to get her bearings - breath under control, shoulders releasing their tension - and freya waits as patiently as she can. aeris noses under her palm again and gives a decent stretch, reminding her that she's there if things still turn sour. the naganadel remains as stoic as ever. 

"well, i suggest you think on it. the league won't be able to protect you properly if we don't have all the information." 

is she lying? she's frightened, that much is clear, but there must be some reason why she's being sought out. maybe she's a piece of the bigger picture, but she doesn't know it yet. the DRK triad could have gleamed much from the future with dialga on their side before its escape. 

she pinches the bridge of her nose. "i'll need to report this to the rest of the council. in the meantime, i suggest you keep the naganadel in its ball. we still don't know their full potential and if it's trying to lead someone to you..."

she frowns. "i'll also have to share this with your supervisor. head ranger needs to know."
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 0:57:55 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Still backed up against Rasza, for any ounce of comfort that she could hold onto, needing grounding, stability in such a trying moment, Yuina placed a hand on the black dragon's scales... Something she could touch...[break]
The Naganadel still did nothing in this moment, it was regarding the situation, their conversation, with a stillness that made Yuina uneasy about being in contact with it so intimately that it had shared its thoughts with them... She just had so many questions?[break][break]
If it were malicious, and was meant to treat her with malicious intent, would it have shown her that it was sent to find her at all? Was it warning her, or threatening her? And why in this moment had it done nothing? When it found her out in the skies above route 105, was it meant to subdue her then, and bring her back to this woman? Or in that fated moment when Yuina bested it in battle, did she earn its respect? Did it let her catch it, so that it could be a homing beacon for whomever was looking for her?[break][break]
The rambling series of questions swirling through her head were enough to nearly make her physically dizzy, and she had to steady herself against Rasza's figure, but when Freya spoke out, Yuina's attention snapped back. Think on it? She had no more information than Freya did, or maybe even less it sounded like...[break][break]
"But...," she tried to say, though she couldn't get a word in edgewise as Freya went on about the ramifications of what just took place... Getting the council involved, she would have to keep the Naganadel contained... Telling ...[break]
Would he believe her? That she didn't know who was looking for her? Would this be the end of her ranks in the rangers, if she's some kind of danger now that she's being targeted...?[break][break]
This was not how she wanted to get more involved with the league organization... If the entire upper portion of the organization only knew her now as a target, a potential threat, a lie... Her credibility was likely to be ruined... And she had no idea why...[break][break]
"Who is she? Who are 'they'? I... I can't figure out if I know anything more if I don't know who is targeting me," Yuina questioned then, after a handful of quiet moments. She... couldn't think of anything else to say... Freya wasn't someone she wanted to plead her case with... It felt like her entire opportunity here had been squandered. And it was out of her control.

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 21:25:53 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she's too busy trying to fix the matter at hand, she doesn't realize the panic brewing in yuina's brain. while she prattles, aeris reaches up to touch the side of her wrist, but she shakes it off, not noticing it for what it is. not until the dragon snaps back, grabbing her around the wrist. attention attained, aeris tilts her head and then looks from freya back to yuina. 

i really do that, don't i? bulldoze my way forward. king would be rolling his eyes if he could see this.

she sucks in a breath. "look." exhales. "i'm sorry. this must be a lot."

she tucks her phone into her pocket and gives aeris an affectionate rub on her brow ridge. 

"the league will protect you. we're not sure if this woman has direct ties with the drk triad. she's been seen in hoenn's recent past before." she's still an anomaly. "tell me what you're thinking. what...you want me to do."
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 23:05:15 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The contemplation of running away and leaving everything in this moment behind was still a heavy consideration that weighed on Yuina, not that it would do any good... The worst of this had only just begun, and running away would only give Freya more suspicion that she already had... Yuina didn't know what else she needed to do to prove that she wasn't lying... About not knowing who that woman was...[break]
She didn't know what else she needed to do to prove that she was innocent in all of this... Unless she wasn't because she had two other lives behind her...[break][break]
Did she really have any ground to stand on at all...?[break][break]
Freya spoke again, and Yuina's striken gaze fell back to her, there was... a change in her tone... An apology? She was so quick to be accusatory, and while Yuina couldn't blame her truly, it was her job to protect the organization as a whole... But, did she really believe Yuina...? She wasn't sure...[break][break]
Yuina was quiet for a couple of moments, contemplative, taking in Freya's words... She had a hundred million different things that she was thinking and then some.... But... at the end of the road, whatever this was about... She was responsible for it? Right? Whether she knew it or not...? It wasn't as if that woman spoke of anything other than finding her specifically...[break]
"You... shouldn't do anything other than what you feel is right, in your position... Whatever I've done... To be targeted, it's my fault, so I'm responsible for what happens after this...," Yuina returned... What could she ask of Freya? To pardon her for everything that put her on that radar? To promise that nothing was going to happen to her? To ensure that she would be safe for every day going forward? None of it was reasonable...[break][break]
"I can't stand here and make demands or tell you how to do your job... Not when I have no pull, or merit behind me..." she continued, who was she, really, in the grand scheme of things? She'd only been in the league a couple of months, had no outstanding contributions, no lives saved or changes made... She didn't matter, which made this situation all the more perplexing really...[break][break]
"Just... whatever you need to do... whatever happens because of me, don't blame any of my friends or peers here in the league... I don't know why I'm being targeted, but I know for sure that no one that I've worked with is involved...," was all she could really ask for... She was the weak link in the chain, but she wanted to make sure that if she fell off, no one was going to go with her...

notes[break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 0:22:07 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"no," she says sharply. "that sort of thinking will get you hurt. and more importantly, it'll get other people hurt." there's a bitter truth to her words, needles pricking her skin because she has lived those faults of hers. she's hurting still, after trying to take on her own burdens. 

"your fault or not, powerful people want to get to you, yuina. and they might use your friends to do it. there's too much we don't know about the situation. and if you don't know them - if you honestly, truly don't know why they're after you, then you have nothing to worry about. the league protects their own."

bodies underfoot. a city reduced to rubble. a frozen wasteland. ash falling and falling and falling. 

her jaw clenches.

" would be the first to say the same. we just want to help."
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 16:25:41 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

In an instant Freya is sharp again, unyielding, quick to make her point and have it stick. And Yuina wasn't sure if she should be thankful to her, or afraid of the reality that she was banking on... She couldn't trust that Freya was someone she could confide in... Not right now, not in her position and the influence she held... But Yuina knew that she could trust Freya's outlook.... The insight that she was given into the gravity of the situation...[break][break]
It sinks in, she hadn't considered it until this very moment, that the friends she'd made, the relationships that she'd built... They were in danger now too, linked to Yuina... Just the very idea of something happening to , or , or ... to , and she was a footstone in the path that lead to that... This was spiraling out of control so quickly...[break][break]
"Who are 'they'? What is the Drk Triad," was all Yuina could muster after a moment, she had to know. If she was a target, she needed to know what was targeting her, and maybe she could start to try and figure out why...?

notes[break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 20:48:16 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she understands the desire for answers, but her tongue is stayed. one glance at the naganadel that floats patiently between them reminds her that this creature's motives are just as much of a mystery to them. and if it can recall, with perfect clarity, the past, it may very well be an emissary of the triad itself. 

"i can't answer that. not in front of the naganadel. and not until i've talked to the rest of the council."

she pats down her side, but of course she doesn't have her wallet on her. she fishes out her personal phone instead and pulls up a new contact page. 

"i'll get in touch with you when i can. and i can talk about a security detail in the meantime. yuina, we'll make sure you're safe."
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 1:09:38 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: