Yuina Higashi
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 2:12:28 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

True to his word, was going to do everything that he could to help Yuina be prepared for what lay ahead. He himself could only provide so much to her as a single individual, and Dewford still needed its gym leader given the chaos that still dwelled there, so he sent Yuina out to the farthest eastern portion of the region to meet another well involved League Representative.[break][break]
In her possession she had a very peculiar Pokemon, or perhaps it was even more than that... It was one of those things that came from one of the other dimensions beyond theirs. Navy knew well enough that having something like that could turn the tides in a battle, but Yuina needed to learn more about it first...[break]
As it turned out, the creature was a Dragon Type, which seemed odd in concept to Yuina... If they were so different from the Pokemon that they knew, how could they be classified the same way? It didn't make much sense to her, but then again... Not a lot else did yet. It was a slow burn.[break][break]
Set out to the eastern island called Evergrande, Yuina sat astride Rasza's shoulders as the two soared over the open ocean, ready to meet a woman by the name of , on her continued path to be prepared and garner more skills as the Elite Ranger she was marked to be.

notes[break]
Mission: Canon Connections -> December 2023[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 15:15:20 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

this one comes with high praise from , which makes freya feel her exhaustion as soon as she reads the texts. she respects the man and his opinions, but damn if he doesn't love passing off hoenn's most brazen women to her. lives as a source of anxiety in her head - they're too alike.

regardless, the opportunity is a peculiar one and she gives the green light when tsubaki asks if she wants her schedule cleared.

the ranger has high marks on her previous missions, seems an upstanding member of the organization, and has recently inquired after her naganadel. micolash has still not returned to her. in what little time she can spare, she has searched the sea and the surrounding islands for any signs of the dragon, but she's come up empty-handed each time.

studying yuina's may give her some inkling to the newly evolved naganadel's behavior.

she waits for her outside ever grande proper, in an outdoor training facility she'd reserved for the two of them. when the black-scaled dragon crests the skyline, freya waves.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 1:41:04 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The open ocean air offered little resistance to the flight, making the trip easy, for soon beneath them Evergrande was in their sights. It was a small island in comparison, having flown over two others on their way out this way, but it was good to know that she'd made it all the same as Yuina motioned Rasza to begin their descent.[break][break]
Out on the outskirts of the proper it looked like, Rasza huffed as her keen senses caught the sight of a figure waving them down. Navy did say that he would make sure Freya Morningstar was expecting them, so Yuina had to assume that that was her.[break]
Motioning Rasza forward and down, the dragon swept down through the air and made her landing, leaning down for Yuina to dismount. She was... Nervous, though she didn't really understand why? Perhaps deep down she knew that the more involved with things she got, the harder it could make her future...[break][break]
"Uh, Ms Freya Morningstar? I'm Yuina Higashi," Yuina offered, questioning and hoping she was in the right place and had in fact found the correct person.

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 17:33:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

yuina dismounts from the charizard and freya nods tersely at the greeting. her gaze gives a critical sweep over the rider and her mount, noting the nervousness - if that's what it is - on yuina's face. pleasantries are not her forte. 

"welcome to ever grande, yuina," she says with a thin smile and tilts her head. 

"we should have the place to ourselves for the next several hours. now, tell me about this naganadel you have. when it evolved, behaviors you've noticed, anything and everything. don't hold back."

and here she comes to life. her eyes shine, her lips twist subtly in a smile, and the words are fervent with interest and passion. 
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 16:55:05 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Rasza chose to lower herself down on the ground on her forearms, folding her wings back and bringing her tail about to lay down on the ground, though her head and neck remained upright as she watched Yuina dismount, and now she was regarded by the other woman. Yuina could have imagined that being a 'council woman' as Navy had called her, that Freya would likely be more professional perhaps, but Yuina definitely didn't feel exactly welcomed in that moment... She couldn't expect to be liked by everyone though.[break][break]
Freya inquired about the creature that Yuina had brought with her, a large portion of the reason why she was visiting at all, and as she asked her questions, Yuina only grew more unsure. Freya was about to be so disappointed... She didn't lie to Navy, so she wasn't going to start now, but...[break][break]
"Uhm... Sorry to disappoint, but I don't really... Know anything... About it? I encountered it on that Island that came up on route 105, maybe it was drawn to the immense activity and power there? It seems smart that way, because I know that it's not from here, its from one of those dimensions, but... I guess more than anything it was a battle and an accidental capture of survival when I crossed paths with it...," Yuina replied, not making much coherent sense about anything really, but it was the truth. She had no informative or studious information about this thing that she probably shouldn't have captured in the first place, but if it was with her... She did want to learn more about it?

notes[break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 20:26:39 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"you're not disappointing anyone," freya says with a blink. she fiddles with a ribbon of silver hair, though drops it as yuina talks. her first thought is that perhaps she's found herself in possession of micolash itself, but she discards that just as quickly. the naganadel is still registered in its pokeball, vacant though it may be. another trainer wouldn't have been able to catch it. 

"that's still good information. anything we can learn about them, the better." 

she reaches for a ball at her hip. aeris slithers out in a show of white light, head tilted curiously at the shiny charizard and her tamer beside her. 

"have you let it out since?" she asks.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 18:05:07 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

In the leisurely position, Rasza looked out to the blue dragon that slithered towards her, meeting its gaze, with a huff from her open maw. No fangs bare, and no smoke or steam, but an acknowledgement of its presence as she regarded it.[break][break]
Yuina now held the Pokeball in question as Freya spoke, at least it didn't sound like she was going to be admonished or reprimanded for having something she didn't understand, and hoped that would remain the case... She was at least trying to learn more about it, that had to count for something?[break][break]
"I have, once, to show Navy what I was talking about... I think it is way smarter than than someone might think, it felt like it was analyzing the situation more than anything, like it was thinking and decided it didn't need to be aggressive about being captured...," Yuina recalled, she would have expected something so imposing to go on a powerful rampage, but it didn't... For some reason...

notes[break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 2:50:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
her interest piques. the battle in its entirety is a hazy thing, but when she thinks about that moment - of blinding light, a scream dying in her throat - she remembers the shifting form of her poipole, the calculated twist of an elongated barb to cleave the worst of the attack away from her. its measured stare thereafter, ensuring her safety.

"mm, well, let's see it then," she says with a smile. "don't worry. if it tries to surprise us, we'll be able to subdue it."

aeris trills softly in response. 
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 18:40:45 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

It was time now, for the whole reason she'd come out this far, to learn more about the creature that she harbored, and that did require letting it out of the Pokeball that she held. Yuina almost hesitated, but internally she was holding on to the confidence that she had of knowing that she survived the wilds of Hisui in the memories that she gained. She could stand to have more confidence when it came to Pokemon that she was unsure of...[break][break]
Standing back, Yuina tapped the seal on the Pokeball that she held, and in an enormous flash of energy the imposing Pokemon loomed over them, hovering just above the ground with the needle that was its stinger, its wings flapping lightly. It looked down around itself, the sun gleaming off of the visor like reflective surface on its face, regarding its surroundings now with a hum, almost a buzz of sorts.[break]
"It's called Naganadel, right? They're from one of the other dimensions in the rifts," Yuina questioned, to clarify, hoping that she had the correct information as she looked up to the creature.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 20:16:24 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she hadn't gotten a good look at micolash before he'd left her and the naganadel she'd seen in the ultra deep sea hadn't exactly been friendly enough for her to observe at a close distance. she keeps her distance still, knowing that yuina is not confident in her own control over the beast. 

"yes," she says to yuina, though her gaze doesn't stray from the creature. she examines its wings. they flap slowly, as though it doesn't need them to stay aloft. aeris flicks her tail, hissing lowly, and freya interprets. 

"kol," she says and follows with, "kin. it's dragon-type. must still be poison too."

she steps to the side, out of line of fire from its stinger, and looks to yuina. 

"could you try commanding it to attack?"
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 21:15:40 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

For the moment, everything remained calm, still almost, as neither Rasza or Freya's dragon moved to take action, nor did the Naganadel. Instead, just like before, it seemed calculating, like it was thinking... Looking over its surroundings, regarding both Yuina and Freya... It just seemed really intelligent just in that aspect...[break][break]
Freya questioned Yuina, to see if she could make a command, call for an attack, or really just make any kind of interaction to see what kind of understanding the dragon could have... Yuina remained still, she didn't dare make any sudden movements, but she did look up to the towering creature.[break]
"Naganadel," she spoke out, now regarding it directly, and its head snapped in her direction at the direct communication. Yuina stood stock still, but she did not lower her gaze, if this creature was as intelligent as she thought it was, showing disrespect or fear would not bode well. Instead though, where she might have fathomed it screeching at her, throwing an attack, or maybe even taking off into the air with its wings, Yuina felt... A connection? Something... prodding at the forefront of her consciousness... It felt familiar... Similar to... her flashing memories inside a distortion...[break][break]
For both Freya and Yuina, as the Naganadel regarded its surroundings, its telepathic intelligence reached them both. Flashes of images, places, the perspective from higher above than a normal human, looking down upon things... Was this from its own line of sight?[break]
A vast open astral sea, glittering caves, an environment so far beyond their own, then the ruins of a broken city, black buildings, and Megalopolans... The images flashed quickly, it all seemed to be random and patchy until visions came of the swamps of Route 119, the caves beneath the marshy water, Megalopolans and other Naganadel and Poipole within the caverns.[break]
Then humans, the ones that went missing in the swamps, the Blood Moon Ursaluna and its small group of Hisuians... And then the group of trainers that had gone into the swamps that night of the blood moon, the perspective rushing through the swamp, into the depths, through the caverns, being lead with commanding, ravaged Megalopolans. The cliff side, where the ship lay in the distance, the time-space distortion breaking through the fabrics of reality, the attacks to try and keep the Hoennians from reaching the ship and...[break][break]
Images of Yuina, in the midst of the distortion with Daikenki slashing through the waves of attackers bearing down on them...
[break][break]
The flashes stopped, as if it were relinquishing its power, but it did not move from where it lofted just above the ground. Instead, it hummed again, as if it had been listening this entire time... They wondered where it had come from, why it was here in this moment now... And it showed them.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,834 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 6:40:30 GMT
shiv Avatar

A FATEFUL FLIGHT

YUINA X FREYA

VISIONS OF THE PAST ARE A PECULIAR AFFAIR. Filtered through the brain, let alone a Naganadel brain, the memory is fallible. Emotions solder imperfect scenes together. Chronology is tested by bias and dismantled movement.

Whatever and see is an interesting reel of events beyond the scope of what has already been elucidated:

• a scene where a megalopolan awakes to a megalopolan vessel (the one they had seen) having suddenly materialized

• a familiar or unfamiliar face to yuina, someone presumably from the village she had been in when she was thrust into hisui, who recognizes her in the midst of the distortion within bmi and says, "yuina"?

• the megalopolans leaving the cave before reinforcements arrive. they seem to move together, as if drawn by an invisible force...

MOST CURIOUS is the last memory that is communicated. One of a white-haired, elderly lady who graces her hands upon the Naganadel's face.

She whispers to it, "seek her. for me."

THE VISION ENDS

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 2:26:30 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
the sudden twist of the alien creature's head makes freya move with a start, aeris at her side with fangs bared. they step down just as quickly; the naganadel's body posture isn't threatening. 

the probing at her mind is not welcome and she fights it at first, with clenched fists. the reflective light screen spun hastily from aeris' tail does not block the assault and freya stares, slack-jawed, as the creature shares visions of the past. 

visions that don't make sense to her. pieces crinkled with the static of forgotten memories, sepia-toned watercolor. 

the silver-haired woman from various league reports looks dolefully into bright cyan eyes and then the visions end and freya has squared her shoulders and demanded, "who are you? really?" 
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 0:10:56 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

For that moment when her thoughts were not her own, Yuina did not fight the onslaught of memories and visions being thrust upon her. In a way, she was used to the feeling, the feeling of losing control of what her consciousness was presenting, when the forefront of her mind was flooded by memories. She'd spent so much time chasing distortions at this point, the familiarity of it was almost... a comfort.[break][break]
However, what followed was anything but what Yuina may have expected, she hardly knew of the species Naganadel let alone what it was capable of, and she couldn't have fathomed that it was capable of... This... Of sharing its consciousness, its memories, in a way that meant that its intelligence was far greater than either of them could imagine. It had been listening to them, analyzing the conversation, and when confronted, it provided them exactly what they were discussing... But Yuina was stricken.[break][break]
The visions of the megalopolans, the swamps was one thing, but as it honed in on her, flashes of a face that she could remember from Hisui and then... A lady... Sent this thing to find her... It was terrifying to consider, that someone sent this creature after her, to find her, and to do what? And who did this lady know her as? As she was now, as she was in Hisui, or as she was... Before...[break][break]
The mental link was broken, the beast had done what it had intended, and while Yuina was visibly distraught, tearing herself away from the haze of her consciousness, she was then met with animosity as Freya demanded to know who she was...[break][break]
"What? It... I-it showed you too," Yuina breathed then...[break]
"No, wait please, you don't understand," she began, nearing tears now at everything that had just transpired. Was she being followed? Targeted? Did she need to worry for her safety? And now, this... Her secret...[break][break]
"I don't know what happened, I don't know who that woman is... I've never seen her before I swear, this... I didn't know this would happen," Yuina pleaded, taking a handful of steps back from both Freya and the Naganadel and finding Rasza behind her, the black dragon's maw filled with smoke.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
A Fateful Flight [M]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 18:16:33 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
'they were wearing their faces, freya.' that's what said. that's what she told her after finding the rogue group of megolopolans under route 119. could this woman be one of them? 

she holds a hand out to her side. aeris' tail flicks, muscles poised, eyes narrowing as yuina's charizard stands at the ready behind her. smoke pours from the beast's maw, though freya is not intimidated. aeris will protect her if it comes down to it. 

no, what she's worried about is the naganadel. 

but it does not engage. it has delivered its message and now it floats between them, cyan eyes burning over yuina. why out her here? in front of me? her fingers twitch. yuina's eyes are glassy. she's looking at freya and at the naganadel with a believable terror. 

freya clenches her jaw and opens up her palm. aeris' shivering feathers settle back against the side of her head and she noses her palm, visibly relaxing. 

"okay," she says. "i believe you."

she runs her tongue over her teeth. "but you're important to them. to one of them at least. you have no idea why?"