Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
if the path to strength is filled with dismay, i will evolve.
awards
631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
holly jolly krampus [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 22:38:40 GMT
Genevieve Cromwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]
[attr="class","genny1body"]

Holidays are a helluva time of year. While her recent promotion to Elite Ranger has come with its own perks, this isn't exactly what she had in mind for her work. In such a higher position now, Genny finds paperwork to constantly flood her desk. She's getting higher pay, and that part is nice. Enough disposable income to buy holiday gifts for friends.[break][break]

Only one issue. Guess what it is? Yeah. Despite being on vacay, she's called to active duty. Head to the outskirts of Slateport and figure out what is going on with the generators that help provide power around.[break][break]

She had been looking for the perfect presents. That has to wait now. She really has grown jaded and cynical as of late.[break][break]

Still. This doesn't have to be a bad thing. Another person was going to join her, figuring out the whereabouts of the Slateport power outage. It'd be a little troubling to do it on her own, but at least with two, this can be done in half the time.[break][break]

Scrolling through her phone, she mentions. "Let's see... Desi, Yuina, Momo, Julie, Ollie, Melody... Josh, Izzy, Lammy, Ikarus, Navy, Paxton, Shion..." she's reciting names of people she's getting gifts for. A super stacked holiday season. She's not even one gift in. Deflating quietly, and eyeing the snowfall from above, all she can do is grab at the bridge of her nose.[break][break]

"What am I going to do...?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT, MISSION: DO YOU KNOW THUNDERBOLT?, MUSIC: Thunder Plains[break]
- On a trip to Slateport, Genny is attempting to buy presents when called for duty at the most inopportune time.[break]
- A little exasperated with the Ranger Core atm, she goes to the outskirts to wait for assistance.[break]
- Hopefully, they can find the generator that is going bad quickly... she's swamped with present buying!

[attr="class","genny1pkmn"]

[attr="class","genny1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1"]--accent:#FF5349;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
holly jolly krampus [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 23:52:56 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The newly promoted Elite Ranger wouldn't have to wait long for help.

Thomas received a text, alerting him to the blackouts, and the fact that a Ranger was in need of assistance. The Kalosian quickly made his way over to the Outskirts, where his partner was waiting.

Upon arriving, the Kalosian spotted the familiar face of Genevieve Cromwell. The two had met during the Bloodmoon Incident. He was thankful for the comfort she gave during that harrowing ordeal.

"Cromwell, how've you been holding up?", Thomas asked, quickly breaking the ice.

Thomas brought out Mordred, his Ceruledge, to accompany him on the way to the generators. "Any briefing on what caused this, or we going in blind?", Thomas inquired.

tags:
notes: Outfit (Just visualize Zack Fair wearing this lol)

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
holly jolly krampus [m]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 3:40:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Thomas' arrival spooks Genny, causing her a small jump, before settling back down to earth below. And with it, positivity, troubled as it was, pushes through with a little more upturn to her smile. It was nice to meet new people(ish), even if they had been acquainted recently under... less than positive means.[break][break]

"Oh right, you're... Thomas, right?"[break][break]

It takes a moment to remember that incident, but at least they met under better circumstance. "I'm-" Troubled? She can't really say that, nor does she want to. But she doesn't want to lie either. "Busy as always! You?" A little shaky after the case of the whole alien cryptid thing... and the war on Route 105.[break][break]

She still is trying to push through that.[break][break]

Time to flex a little of the dossier of what they knew. "Not so much blind, as unprepared. There's reason to believe a species of Electric types have nested somewhere nearby, causing an electrical disturbance. While there's no one on duty that went to go scope it out, my money is on a nest of Joltik. They have a tendency to hang near power supplies like wall outlets." It's not too far-fetched to consider that, in Genny's mind, and being so tiny they would be hard to see without a swarm. It was also the most likely culprit.[break][break]

Most of the generators that would be out of the way were easy to swarm like that, though Genny felt uncertain if that would be the end result. Perhaps there was a more human element?[break][break]

Better not to think about that now...

[break][break]

NOTES

- Thomas' arrival catches Genny off guard, and though she jumps, she quickly pushes that off, and talks as normal.[break]
- Genny's hunch are a nest of Joltik near a generator. But she worries if there's a more human element in the mix...

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
holly jolly krampus [m]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 0:05:20 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas gave the redhead a nod. He could tell she was hiding something. But rather than press, for now, he'd move on with the job. "Been busy myself.", he'd tell her. "Did Desiree tell you she's been getting training from me?", he'd inquire.

"I see. Very good guess. I hope it really is that simple.", he'd remark. The Kalosian was clearly familiar with the Joltik line, having a little Joltik at home, one that he cherished dearly.

Like Genny, he worried about the presence of a human element.

"Shall we?", Thomas asked the Ranger, before making his way to the generators in question.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
holly jolly krampus [m]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 8:02:13 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Desi? Genny takes a moment to raise a brow. "Really?" She had no idea was trying to get stronger too. The fact is, Genny kept practicing and training herself up with her Pokemon... it makes her grin ear-to-ear. A reason to approach Desiree later. Training together. Girlygang Gym Day.[break][break]

"Let's." Thomas' hope that it would be that simple didn't go on deaf ears. In truth, Genny hoped. She pleaded for it to be that easy. And as she moves to follow behind... she can only hope.[break][break]

Which is why, when they spot the sight in particular, Genny can't help but sigh in relief. There was this big powerplant generator, that helped fuel the town in total. No cars, nothing nefarious seemed present on the outside. No human activity. Which was an honest relief.[break][break]

Turning to Thomas, she raises a brow. "Good sign so far, I guess..." The door was open. Which meant...[break][break]

Someone, or something, was in there.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Surprised by the fact that Desi was receiving training, Genny considers the idea of it herself...[break]
- Arriving at the plant, the duo find no human activity yet. But the door was wide open...

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
holly jolly krampus [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 0:08:02 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Yeah, she's coming along pretty well.", he'd remark. From his expression, Genevieve could probably tell that Thomas was very proud of the musician. Though he wished the circumstances behind the training were better, considering what an ordeal the Blood Moon Night was, he was glad that she stepped up.

The fact that no cars, or other signs of human presence was a plus. But then, that also didn't discount other ways to get to the plant. The fact that the door was ajar was interesting. If someone was causing problems for this long, surely they would've closed the door.

"Mordred, take point.", Thomas ordered the Ceruledge. The blade-wielding ghost nodded, before entering the plant.

An Electabuzz leaped at the Ceruledge, lunging at the ghost with a Thunder Punch. The haunted armor barely dodged the attack, causing the beast to punch a nearby wall instead.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights