awards
765 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
The Crystal Skeleton Appears! [M]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 11:52:50 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Makoto's smile grows, with the reassurance that they'll never be alone - even if a few more tears also trail down with this. They take a second to wipe away the drops, murmuring another "Thank you..." before they're taking in a deep breath, to regain at least some composure.

These people were family. A family that wouldn't expect them to be some unheard and unseen child, and that wouldn't look down on them for being a bastard. Though they weren't sure if they could ever really warm up to some of the top brass of Rocket, or take up some of the less-than-pretty acts that such members often got up to...

... Perhaps they could at least settle in, in the strange yet amicable warmth that was Nebula. That would be a good first step, right? Especially when all they had to do was keep an ear and an eye out for relevant info - they didn't need to have any blood on their hands...

Upon the exhale, they resume sipping at their tea - properly enjoying it now, letting the soft nostaglic feelings that come with it wash over them. Even if the signs of their emotional moment were still there - faint streaks on their cheeks, reddened eyes, and the like... They seemed more at ease, now, visibly relaxed as they held the warm tea close.

The offer of a flight back to Ecruteak, though, got a blink from them - and they mulled it all over. "I... Maybe someday." They mused at first, giving a one-shouldered shrug of their own. "I think it'd... Possibly be nice, to go back home someday. Though with how much goes on in Hoenn, I'm not sure if... If I'd find a moment's rest, to really consider it." The smile they cast is faintly humorous.

"But... I think I wouldn't mind maybe, talking about my childhood in Ecruteak, another time. I ran away at a relatively young age, so I don't know how much I could tell you, but..." ... But they knew Howard's interest in history - and if this scratched at that itch for him, they wanted to return the favor somehow.

Though, that being said... "... I'd... like it, if the other stuff stayed between us, though. I don't think it's much a secret I'm from Johto, or that I had to kinda fend for myself up to now, but... I've never really told anyone about my family, or why I left home in the first place, before."

Maybe it wouldn't change things if people knew, but... It felt more comfortable, this way.
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 6:24:18 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Your secrets are safe with me. I'll chronicle it in the library of my heart." Howard nodded. The words were lame and childish, but genuine. He wanted to preserve every single story, every single emotion, every single word.

Yet he couldn't. Time gushed through his hands like water, and the more he tried to hold on, the more it gushed away.

He would hold tightly onto this story. It was no mere interest, it was his passion. His obsession. His everything. Without it, who was he? Just another criminal who had sold his dignity for money. He was, put simply, broken. He just hadn't realized it yet.

Howard Slayte was broken.

"I can't hold every piece of history in my hands, I'm beginning to realize. Every person has their own story to tell, yet I can't be there to witness it. How many tales have been lost to time, without being written down. It's too much."

He stood up and whistled. His Mawile made an appearance, taking the stack of papers that Howard offered to it and scurrying away to stuff them in some dusty corner for later purview.

"Hoenn is never quiet. Take the chance now, before it slips away. It happened to me." The bitter tone of someone who missed out on something fills the room. The memory of a woman flashes in his eye, before being pushed away and shelved, forgotten. The dark tone vanishes in favor of cheeriness. "Take these."

He pushes a box of tea leaves in front of them.

"I can always get more, and I have a meeting with Rustboro University's dean about what we found in Regice's ruins." He smiles wryly. "Take them, before I forget."

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
765 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 21:46:21 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Makoto would consider Howard's advice - to take the chance to revisit Ecruteak while they still had the opportunity. There was something in his demeanor and voice, that read of something like regret - and they attempted to better read him...

... But before they could come to any proper conclusions in making sense of this other side of him, or respond to his words, they were suddenly presented with the box of tea.

Makoto blinked at it once, twice, before nodding and taking the box. "I... Thank you," They spoke, letting out a soft sigh as if to release the last bits of stress that had been lingering. Howard... He was a good friend, they decided - even if it'd been long since they'd been able to really call a fellow human being a friend.

They wanted to know him better. They wanted to be able to help him, in turn.

Though, it was clear that the time to talk and visit was over; Howard had an approaching meeting, and they imagined he'd need to prepare for it. So, smiling back to him the best they could, they nodded and stood - tea box in hand. "Thank you again, Howard..." They spoke - soft and cordial, but with warmth. "I enjoyed seeing these artifacts of yours- and... I wouldn't mind, if you ever wanted to show me more."

With this, they'd scritch Koseki on the head, before preparing to leave, gathering their things back together...
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 9:05:27 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It would be my pleasure." Howard smiled softly, despite the charred nerves around his missing eye causing him pain. "I have a sash worn by Alolan royalty, woven from the fur of Ninetales. I'm sure it'll interest you."

He can judge from their choice in Pokémon that they prefer foxes. He didn't judge Makoto's choices, especially when he himself collected almost exclusively ancient Pokémon. His armada of Sigilyth grows broader by the day.

It is for that reason that he loathes that he likes this person's company. The more he learns about them, the more he learns about the rest of Rocket's people, the harder it becomes to condemn them. When you've sat down and traded tea leaves with another, they're not just a nameless grunt filling the ranks.

All it takes is a word for a number to become a person.

Rocket was full of people like him. Makoto was, at least. How was he going to justify being in Rocket now? By lying, most likely. Lie to Makoto, to Amor, to Walsh. Lie until the mask becomes reality, and lie until Howard became the monster Rocket assumed he was.

Lie.

"Take care, Makoto Kurumi." Howard stood up and let them out. He stood alone in his apartment, and let out a weary sigh. "Why are you punishing me?" He asked the artifacts that filled the room. "Why do you show me that people in Rocket have hearts?"

The artifacts did not reply. Nobody did. Howard was alone, without the fellowship of Makoto.

Alone with the past.

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 3:56:34 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB