She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
Look to the future, see in it everything you've ever wanted. Now find the strength to grab it.
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
Research Project: Iron Thorns
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 22:45:54 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"Research Log 995: Beginning now. There are many questions to be considered regarding our ever shifting future, what steps we must take to find the correct path leading to the ideal, the shape of the future we seek, etc etc. But today I do not concern myself with these immaterial and philosophical quandaries, for there is a much more pressing question on the table before us today." Xenon sets her recorder down on a lab tray next to her tools and begins fitting a pair of welding gloves to her hands, before continuing.
[break][break]
"What is the future made of? Its shell is steel and titanium, but what of its innards? What would we find inside the future we've taken a peek at? Today I'll be conducting a joint experiment with Head Scientist Tempest Quinn, who has seen fit to provide us with the corpses of an Ultramodern Paradox, as well as a more primitive Paradox that he will be dissecting today. From this point on all conversation will be between myself and Researcher Quinn unless specifically noted otherwise." With gloves nice and tight, she turns to the aforementioned corpses lying before her and Tempest and begins to look for a point of egress where she can start cutting.
[break][break]
"I still don't see why you see any value in that husk of flesh and blood, we left behind worthless evolutionary failures like those for a reason."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.xenon]--accent:#a0a4a9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.xenon]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 5:25:38 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"If you turn your back completely on the past, you'll just fuck up your understanding of the future." Tempest stand back, watching as she preps the Iron Thorns below them. His arms are crossed over his chest; for the moment, Xenon would be in charge of this dismantling. [break][break]

A few buttons were pressed, the camera hung over top of the table humming to life. A still recording of the beast as they tore it to pieces.[break][break]

"Beast Tempest Quinn speaking." Raising his voice some, Tempest spoke so the recording device that Xenon was using would pick him up. "Subject is an Iron Thorns. It has superficial appearances to that of a Tyranitar; however, my initial sweep showed a more similar composition to that of an Alolan Golem." Something curious and savage flickered in his eyes as he nodded to the woman, stars in his eyes at the idea of digging his hands into this creature's guts.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
Look to the future, see in it everything you've ever wanted. Now find the strength to grab it.
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 0:18:48 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"No, to acknowledge the past in any way would skew the results of the future you want, you can't go in with any preconceptions." Words alone would change no one's mind, only actions and results could prove anything. Even if nobody could see the beauty in the future she pursued, it was only because words alone could not paint the picture. It only meant that her actions would have to form the basis of her thesis, each deed another cut in the sculpture until she could present something so magnificent that none could deny her vision. This was but one more cut for her, one more shave, another angle drawn in her piece de resistance.
[break][break]
Xenon picks up an electric saw and flips the switch, the metal blade taken from an Aegislash's corpse and forged into the sharpest steel purely for the purpose of dissection. The saw whines to life as she slowly brings it to the Iron Thorns's hide, deciding to begin cutting right at the belly. The moment saw meets steel a harsh screeching noise echoes through the lab, Xenon's arms jolting as she struggles to hold steady and continue cutting through the corpse's incredibly tough hide. Her lips purse tightly as the edge of the saw's blade begins to glow orange and radiate waves of heat through her gloves, she slowly pushes up towards its neck, tracing a red hot line through its body as she cuts through the metal body. Once she's made that one straight line through she flips the saw off and sets it aside, letting out a deep sigh as she takes a second to massage her trembling arms. "An incredibly tough hide as expected. The saw didn't cut through any dormant power lines either it looks like, meaning its power source is likely held deeper within its chest cavity, or perhaps the cranium. Lets try and peel it open to see what this thing looks like on the inside."
[break][break]
She motions for Tempest to grab a set of large pliers as she grabs a crowbar, wrenching it into the slight gap she's created in the corpse's body with a huff of exertion. "On three. One, two, three!" Xenon's body lurches forwards as she throws all her weight into pushing the gap open further, creating just enough space for Tempest to thrust the pliers in and clamp down on the fold of steel, after which he'd have the hard job of peeling the steel plate back to expose the Iron Thorns's inner workings.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.xenon]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 20:55:00 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Eyes flicked over to at the reply. Tempest found her mindset childish and foolish; but he wouldn't argue the point. Right now wasn't the time for some debate. It was time for research. He also didn't care than much about their varying opinions. His respect for the past would help forge his own future. That's just who Tempest was as a person.[break][break]

Metal on metal whines, but fewer sparks fly than expected. Tempest notes this abnormality down in his notes as Xenon works. Then his time comes, and they work together like any machine. With Xenon's work, he clamps down and starts to pull. The metal is tough, fighting him, but it still eventually bends with the extra force granted by the pliers. Soon enough, the jagged metal is bent enough to lay open on it's own. The clockwork insides of the beast in front of them laid open in vivisection.[break][break]

Even as the metal peels away, the crystal-like depressions are left behind. They bright green liquid bubbles inside. Tempest reached out to lightly knock on the clear pane; it's not glass, almost feels like crystal. This system is depressed into the body, it seems like. Too many mechanisms are in the way to confirm, but he would guess it's the equivalent of some sort of coolant.[break][break]

"Can we take a sample of this? Be careful; we don't know if it's caustic."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 21:13:09 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

What lies inside the machine beggars belief, a strange layout of machinery and organic components nestled in the spaces between, completely unlike anything Xenon had ever seen before. The cameras above record from multiple angles as they spin the operating table to document everything they could, but what was most interesting to her was the colorless liquid nestled within that crystalline pocket in the Iron Thorns's abdomen, she and Tempest are on much the same wave length as he comments on it.
[break][break]
"I... think I might have a tool for this. Give me a second here." Xenon mumbles as she struggles to turn away from this wonder of engineering, mind turning over and over as she picks apart its design trying to figure out just how it would work while alive. "I think this goes without saying, but this level of technology is centuries beyond anything I've ever seen. The closest point of comparison I could think of would be the Genesect project, maybe that Type:Null project I've heard about, but even that's just... I don't know what to say. I don't think this is something we could produce on our own in the next twenty, no, fifty years. Couldn't even scratch the surface." She rambles on as she sorts through the various implements and probes she had brought for this session, eyes unfocused and distant.
[break][break]
Until finally she found it, a syringe easily as thick as her forearm attached to some kind of vacuum pump and a red hot needle. "But we don't have to produce this on our own anymore~ Give me a month, no, maybe a few months with more specimens like this. And I can definitely reproduce any model of Paradox Pokemon, one hundred percent guaranteed." And with that bold statement she jabs the burning point right into the crystalline barrier separating her from that fascinating liquid, sizzling through the gem like substance until the needle finally hits the liquid and begins to vacuum it out of the opened corpse.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 23:34:06 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"It is very similar." Tempest agrees with . "Type:Null are more biological than this, but it does remind me of the process I used to build my Genesect. I wonder if the parts in this would help speed up production of those...?" Muttering to himself, Tempest shelves the idea for later as he watches Xenon get to work.[break][break]

There is a hum of agreement as the liquid sings into the syringe.[break][break]

"If we could find more Dream Mist, we could mass produce them for spare parts. Then with your design, you could improve on them. It would basically be a zero waste experiment." And if they could craft their own that only listened to Rocket...[break][break]

"I'd like to crack open it's head when we've mapped out the body."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 22:23:15 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"I've been working on the starting frame for a Genesect myself in my spare time, not sure how compatible the parts would be. I wouldn't pursue that path myself though, getting an Ultramodern Paradox is hard enough as things stand right now..." Xenon hums as she finishes filling her syringe, carefully withdrawing the needle from the crystalline organ to prevent any random splashing or skin contact with the unknown substance.
[break][break]
But Tempest does bring up a good point, if they could just find a reliable source of Dream Mist then there'd be no issue with finding and making Paradox Pokemon, plenty of spare parts to speed up Genesect production, plenty of models to experiment on and improve. "I think that's a good first step. Eventually I want to crack the code to making these without Dream Mist though, I don't like the idea of relying on some external phenomenon that's unreliable to procure or produce, we want to cut out as many steps as reasonably possible in the production line. Just basic efficiency."
[break][break]
Once the needle has been set aside Xenon moves a bit further up, following the various tubes and veins to a more central organ nestled in its chest region. "Duly noted. Take a look at this though, it's attached to just about everything in the subject's body as near as I can tell." She snaps her fingers a few times and the cameras zoom in on the bio-mechanical piece, something akin to a heart lined with countless micro-circuits and a dull green light at its center. "It's still active. I think this might be a power source of some kind, or maybe a processor?" Xenon hesitates as she takes a look at it from another angle, crossing her arms and pursing her lips. "...you know something I've noticed? A vast majority of the Ultramodern Paradoxes I've come across have the ability to deploy Electric Terrain. At first I thought that was just them trying to replicate their natural environment in the future, but I also noticed that their performance increases dramatically once they're fighting in Electric Terrain. Like they're kickstarting something in their body to produce more power once they're in an electrically charged environment."
[break][break]
Click click, the camera takes a few pictures from different angles, the soft glow of the luminescent heart fills the room. "For now, let's call this... the Quark Drive. The most fundamental component of an Ultramodern paradox."

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]