he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
RKS: Hideo & Eris
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 14:42:19 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]science event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]TINKERING 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You enter a messy workshop. Various material, tools, and machinery surround you all and a workbench. On the workbench is a broken PokeGear. It does not bear the Silph symbol; instead, it bears an odd logo instead:[break][break]

[break][break]

What do you do?

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Find materials to fix it.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Destroy it and the workshop.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 14:57:10 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Workshops were never Hideo's strong suit; tons of junk lying around everywhere, a lot of which felt the same, much of which was sharp. And he was never much for building mechanical devices - too many little things that he could break if he wasn't careful, and instructions weren't designed for the visually-impaired.

The only saving grace was that Uxie was floating around, making sure he didn't bump into something that could lop his arm off or step on a stray nail.

And fortunately, there was someone here who was much more mechanically-inclined than he was. And Uxie already took notice to something lying around - a PokeGear. It picked up the device, carrying it over to .

"Never even used one of those before," Hideo noted, "so I got no clue how to fix it up." Only reason he even knew it needed fixing was because Uxie told him as much. "Think you got a clue what to do with it?"

Find Materials to fix it +50 RKS

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 18:29:01 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]A workshop in a digitised space, full of bits and bobs that could occupy the creative mind for days. As her gaze lingers and hooks across the various jagged edges of machinery, she finds herself being offered a broken Pokegear by Uxie, only allowed to touch it after a rather vigorous lookover by a tiny Ralts.[break][break]

"Looks pretty clunky." Humming, she balances it in one palm and digs around the piles with her other. "I've got a vague idea... need a bit of time though."
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 18:28:19 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Well, guess we got plenty of time to work with." Uxie floated around, examining the area, and as far as it told him, they were the only two living beings in this place. "If you need me or Uxie to grab anything for you, just ask."

It'd be Uxie doing most of that work, though. Hideo wasn't the best at finding the right parts for things, for reasons that didn't need to explicitly be spelled out.

He could still make some small talk, though. To help pass the time.

"So…what got you so skilled with mechanical stuff? Don't know about a lot of adventurers that can build stuff like you can."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 14:40:15 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Do you think time flows more slowly here?" Despite her previous dives into this digital universe, she'd never gotten the chance to actually check when she'd gotten out. With a screwdriver and a careful touch, she manages to pry her way into the circuitry.[break][break]

"Batt probably needs changing... the motherboard..." Piece by piece, she works through just what they do, how each component contributes to their dead pokegear. And with every problem identified, she'll show the part to Uxie in hopes of them finding a spare.[break][break]

"I learnt from pa. My real pa, I mean." A pair of tweezers gently drop a piece into place. "He was real smart. Helped to make the whole of Vermilion City bright and happy with stuff that he made or fixed." The tip of her tongue pokes from between her lips, a breath drawn out. "I thought it was real cool, so I'd always bug him whenever he was making something in his workshop."

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 0:24:56 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Dunno. Never really kept track of time when I've done these simulations." Didn't help that a number of them left him unconscious for an indeterminate amount of time. Maybe he'd get around to bringing something to track time.

Unfortunately, if he was lucky enough to get the next stage he wanted, he couldn't keep any electronics on him.

"Lucky that your parents taught you practical stuff," Hideo said, taking a seat on the first space he felt out without debris. "Mine did whatever they could to keep me in a cage. They'd never teach me how to put stuff together." Not that he'd be good at it, but they wouldn't even let him try.

"'Sides, my knack was always more with fleshier stuff. The kind that float around and help around with stuff."

That comment got a playful giggle from Uxie.

"And the kind that nags me all the time and gets chunky off all the snacks they eat."

That one got a frown and a raspberry blown by Uxie.

"Always felt comfortable being around Pokemon and training them. Parents did their best to limit how much I could interact with them, but they just couldn't stop me."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 15:12:00 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I think they taught me, because they knew how to do it, and wanted me to be safe doing it." The rustling of fabric nearby alerts her to Hideo getting comfortable within all this mess. "Though, I guess they probably would've tried finding someone else who could teach me if I asked for something they didn't know."[break][break]

Pressing a chip into the board, she stares at it for a few seconds.[break][break]

"Honestly... I think momma was what most people would call irresponsible. Letting me walk up a pier alone, knowing there were Gyarados in the water. Or egging me on to climb a pretty tall tree. Or well, I guess her letting me not go to school would also be called that. Maybe... I don't know." In truth, all of these thoughts spawn from just how protective the people around her seem to be. "Momma would never have stopped me from fighting in the Deep Sea, or going into that weird cyberspace between worlds. Or that time we fought Groudon, or the time we tried to stop Rocket at Littleroot. It's why I have such a bad sense for danger. Probably."[break][break]

Heaven knows how many times people have tried to stop her, but failed to or gave up on doing so.[break][break]

"The good thing was that she never stopped me. The bad thing was also that she never stopped me." It's a strange paradox that she still struggles to wrap her head around at times. "Pa did his best. He probably stopped me quite a bit, taught me that sometimes trying to poke a Combees is a bad idea. But he also turned around and taught me how to mess with fireworks."[break][break]

She frowns. The lesson very much applies in her life but she isn't doing a great job at following it.[break][break]

"Sometimes, parents are just really dumb, you know? They make dumb decisions, because they just... worry. And they want us to grow up healthy and safe. But sometimes, they don't really see if what they're doing makes us happy. Like-" Her breath hitches, a sharpness in her throat coughed away. "Like Chu-e. Leaving because he thought I'd be sad about him dying, or because he thought I'd be safer without him around. They still love us, but they're still people. They can be wrong."

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 1:28:12 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo quietly listened to Eris speak, a smile on his face. It was rare to hear her talk this much, with this kind of passion. The clicking of her fiddling with the PokeGear was like a backdrop to her voice, almost like a small rhythm.

"Wish my parents were even a tenth as open as yours were," he said, the melancholy in his voice clear. "It was always a struggle to get them to let me do even a little bit of trainer stuff. Most of what I got to do, I had to hide from them. If they knew even a couple of the things I was in before I even left home…pretty sure they would'a slapped an ankle monitor on me."

He had to tread lightly, but that didn't stop him from helping stop Groudon, or getting involved with that Church basement, or hunting for a Meltan.

"A lotta days made me feel like I was wasting away doing nothing. And every time I thought I'd impressed them enough, they'd just change the standards. They'd always find some reason to tell me why I couldn't do the Gym Circuit. Didn't help that there's always something going on."

Hideo let out a sigh. "You're right - they can be dumb. Real dumb." Dumb enough to not care that he'd gotten 7 badges with his own effort. Dumb enough to not realize he'd learned so much more on his own than being (metaphorically) chained to home and school, just eating milk and cookies until the world ended.

Going on his own had been some of the best days he'd lived.

They'd also been some of the worst days he'd experienced.

"Just hope Chu-E realizes they were wrong at some point." Before they got into conflict with each other. His role as a Gym Leader meant he might have to get deployed again - possibly in conflict against Rocket.

"...think it'll take much longer to fix that thing?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 7:16:57 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"They eventually agreed, didn't they? They signed that paper that let you become a gym leader?" She keeps her ears open, but knows that an uneasy feeling is trying to find its place in her heart. "I don't know whether he will."[break][break]

Tension is released through the clench and release of her fist, a rather ginger movement that finds resolution through putting the last piece into place.[break][break]

"Nuh. All done."[break][break]

All that's left is to flip the switch.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 7:17:13 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]science event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]TINKERING 1-A

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Together, you eventually find the necessary parts and painstakingly repair the device. After a little while, a voice rings out from the machine. It's like a walkie-talkie: "maldacena here. are you having fun? isn't the simulated universe fascinating? however, i'd be careful if i were you. you never know who's watching!"[break][break]

Regardless of your level of familiarity with this member of the DRK Triad, it does not make what they say any less unsettling.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Destroy the device.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Leave or take the device.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 15:21:59 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo went quiet. Eris would not get an answer to that question, the boy frowning as he silently waited for her to finish her work.

Which, thankfully, didn't take much longer - and it didn't take much longer for them to get results, a voice speaking through the PokeGear.

"Maldacena?" Hideo muttered, his mind digging through his memories to pin the voice to that name. "That guy was talking to us when we went into the ocean that one time, part of that DRK Triad thing? Who sent all those digital Pokemon at us?"

Among other things that happened during that Cyberchase Conundrum. A lot of which he'd wanted to forget.

"...I think we should hold onto this. Who knows what he'll tell us next." It'd be a waste of a good information source if they trashed it now - and a waste of Eris's work.

Uxie nodded its head at Hideo's suggestion - no objection there.

Hideo knew what they'd be coming up to next - which was why he'd dressed relatively lightly on this trip. No heavy clothing like coats or gloves.

Keep (or leave) the device

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 16:13:47 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]His silence speaks volumes, his frown caught within the corner of her eye. Unlike him, she doesn't have the privilege of remaining blissfully oblivious to how someone else might feel. And yet, the most unfortunate of circumstances can be the best things to smooth it over with.[break][break]

"They can see us?" Her fingers grasp tighter onto the walkie-talkie, but her trembling body betrays her. Being deleted once, albeit of her own volition, had been scary enough. For a moment, she feels like she might just stumble over her own two feet, but Reiner is already by her side, purring softly as he lets her lean against him.[break][break]

On the other hand, Mesprit merely watches with their little disguise, tilting their head and cooing at Uxie.[break][break]

"Okay... but we shouldn't stay in this place for too long, yeah?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 16:14:58 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]azelf event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]AZELF 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]The scenario shifts and you find yourself on an island with withered Crystablooms. In its center, a lake. By the lake's shore, a Shadow Persian's body lays still and unmoving. It is not dead. However, its breaths are slow and laboured. No matter what you do, it remains perpetually immobile and not by choice.[break][break]

You are unsure of what to do. Something wills you to the lake waters, while the pitiful sight of a paralyzed Persian attempts to anchor you to the beach.[break][break]

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Dive into the lake.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Help the Shadow Persian.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 18:53:13 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Hope that's just simulation stuff." It wouldn't be far-fetched to assume it was just the simulation making claims towards the source of this stage. "Dunno if this thing'll even stick around after we finish the simulation."

But surely, Uxie wouldn't have exposed itself like this if it didn't risk revealing itself?

Or perhaps revealing itself wouldn't have any consequence?

He'd just have to have faith here.

"Unless there's something else in store for us…think the simulation'll switch over-"

And just like that, the simulation changed to the next stage - the island with the withered flowers. The one he'd visited several times with already.

"-soon."

According to Uxie, it was the same exact layout as those other times as well: a sensation to walk towards the lake, and the Persian on the other side of the island. And if it was anything like his previous runs, he knew exactly what was at the bottom of that lake.

"Eris? This is gonna sound strange - but we gotta get to the bottom of that lake."

He knew exactly what that entailed - and he knew Eris was no better a swimmer than he was.

Dive into the lake (eventually) +50 points

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2023 9:59:10 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I'd... rather it not."[break][break]

The unknown induces far too much paranoia.[break][break]

She's not entirely ready for the scenario to shift, her knees nearly giving way as she clutches at her head. Nausea grips her stomach, threatening to wrench it apart as she forces herself to close her eyes. The smell of salt hits first, sand crunching beneath her feet with every minute movement.[break][break]

A long, deep breath out causes a warmth to brew up in her chest.[break][break]

"Hold on, I wanna check something..."[break][break]

Talking is a bad idea, she realises as soon as that unsettling feeling begins to surge with her words. So she briefly hunches over, as if that might help to shove that sensation back into her guts and keep it there.[break][break]

Withered crystablooms jest of an absent tree. The horizon provides no landmarks and the endless sea jeers at her attempts. This isn't anywhere familiar, nor is it a place which they'd easily be able to locate should it exist in reality.[break][break]

"Azelf, right? I've seen them too." After a while of silence, she finally gathers her wits about her. "Never been able to reach them though..."