played by

kappa

He/him
Twenty-nine
Heterosexual
Civilian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kappa
YANNICK SOLETTE
Special Interests [m]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 20:53:35 GMT
YANNICK SOLETTE Avatar

Yannick stood on a small plateau just outside Oldae town, awaiting his guest. He was sure that this would prove to be a very important meeting. The date had been very difficult to set up, what with both of their schedules being packed. Finding time that they both had free was difficult. But here he was regardless, at the end of the afternoon, dressed in his sharpest suit.

Behind him was an airship that he had chartered out for the day. It came with its own crew, the likes of which were behind him, tending to the aircraft. A great oval balloon with a cabin at the bottom. One section up front for the pilot, another for the staff and kitchen, and then a large luxurious room at the back for the guests.

All of this was more than necessary in Yannick's mind. His job was to impress a councilwoman whose rubber stamp would be required to begin work in the Icelands. It would be a difficult conversation to have, putting it mildly. It was a year since the Meteno event and the Icelands still held a kind of reverence in the hearts of the people of Hoenn.

The minerals underneath the ice had proven to be very valuable to Yannick's company. His management staff had urged him to make a play for the resource. The young CEO was in two minds about whether this would be a good idea. In the end, he had been convinced by dozens of reports and presentations that this move needed to be made if he were to fulfil his duty to the company.

So here he stood, awaiting his guest. Would he get his way, using his guile and charm to woo, or would the councilwoman be able to fend him off?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Special Interests [m]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 7:16:48 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Punctuality was expected, both before she'd made it to the council and after. There was little reason to be late to meetings, even when they were to be held so far from civilization.
[break][break]
Approaching from the horizon, donned in warm leather coat and matching pair of gloves, the woman of scarlet made her appearance with none other than a classic Politian's smile. The type to both relieves and simultaneously se one's stomach to churn. Upon her shoulder, a shiny Talonflame stood proud, his eyes as piercing as his trainer's.
[break][break]
"It's been quite some time since I last visited here."
[break][break]
Back then, her company had been as frigid as the cold.
[break][break]
"What do you make of it?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kappa

He/him
Twenty-nine
Heterosexual
Civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kappa
YANNICK SOLETTE
Special Interests [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 2:46:39 GMT
YANNICK SOLETTE Avatar
Yannick shivered slightly. It took him a moment to realise that it wasn’t the cold but in fact the unexpectedly intimidating stature of his guest with a bird of prey perched upon her. He took himself as a good study of faces but today’s puzzle was a bit difficult.

He stood there, outlined by the airship and the icelands beyond while in a laminated wool trench coat. In an uncharacteristic greeting, he would not lead with a handshake and instead let his hands hide in their cosy homes in his coat.

He would return the smile, regretting it soon after as the icy breeze hit his teeth and made them ache.

What would he make of it? Well that was the question he was here to answer, indeed.

“It’s beautiful. And terrifying.” Yannick chuckled, making sure to hold eye contact with extra twinkle. “Lucky for us, today we will be able to enjoy the former while avoiding the latter. Thank you for making time for me. I appreciate your attention, Miss Livy. This topic means a lot to me.”

Today’s meeting had been no easy feat to schedule. Two staff members on either side jousting for any spare time slot available to the pair of busy individuals.

“Shall we?” He motioned toward the airship with a slight bow. Yannick would hold out his hand to help her up the steps to the door of the airship if needed.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights