Yuina Higashi
Drop And Give Me 20 [M]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 1:15:20 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

At no point was Yuina ever going to think Doug wasn't serious on the offer... Though at the time it kind of sounded more like a threat... That he would take her to boot camp after waking up on a cot having to be saved from bleeding out to death. It was really the least she could do, if he was offering to help her help herself, so that she wouldn't have to be a source of worry... So that she wouldn't be unconscious on a stretcher again.[break][break]
Yuina wasn't sure exactly what he had in mind, but Doug asked her to visit a camp north of Mauville to work on some training, he did say he used to be a Drill Sergeant after all... Always full of surprises.[break]
On foot, Yuina walked out along route 111, until per Doug's directions she found an encampment within a fence line, and unsure of what was to come, but sure that it was something she needed to do, Yuina moved towards the gates to work on... Anything she could.

notes[break]
Mission: Super Training -> December 2023[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Drop And Give Me 20 [M]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 19:21:35 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DAGM20

With Cadet

Just outside of Camp Winstrate's chain fence gate, a guard booth could be found.

A guard was presumably supposed to be there doing a job, but instead, one John Douglas Sullivan sat in a swivel chair, feet up on the windowsill from which he was supposed to lookout from, and with his body reclined as far back as the chair would allow without dropping him on his ass.

Some thing would never change, it seemed.

At the sound of approaching footsteps, however, a single eye opened.

"Oh? Someone's early." He said as he saw her, his feet slipping off the window sill as he moved to stand, yawning. "Good day, Cadet Higashi!"
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Drop And Give Me 20 [M]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 20:32:00 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Gravel shifted and crunched beneath her shoes as she walked along the gravel path towards the gate in the early morning, approaching a small guard's post just outside of the fence line. At first she was a bit concerned, that she'd have to explain to someone why she was approaching a military encampment, but who else rose up from leaning back in the chair other than Doug himself.[break][break]
"Early? Hmm, I didn't notice," Yuina laughed a bit, she had every intention of doing this as correctly of possible. Of anyone that she was inclined to disappoint, Doug wasn't on that list in the slightest... This was only a fair trade for what he did, saving her life...[break][break]
"Cadet Higashi? I guess that makes you Sergeant Sullivan," she smiled, almost wryly. She was half joking, half wanting to make sure that that was the correct terminology.

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Drop And Give Me 20 [M]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 18:58:16 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DAGM20

With Cadet

He smiled gently... Before snapping his gaze into an iron scowl.

"Wrong. That's Lieutenant Colonel Sullivan to you, Cadet." He said, voice lowered down to an exaggerated, gravely pitch as he reached behind him and grabbed a hefty bag, before lugging it at Yuina.

Despite the act, he couldn't help the giddy grin on his face as he folded his arms behind his back.

"Now strap that on and start warming up. We're going for a little jog."
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Drop And Give Me 20 [M]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 19:49:28 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Oh... Lieutenant Colonel... First strike for trying to do this right. Well, now she knew.[break]
"Alright, Lieutenant Colonel, you got me there," she nodded, she wasn't going to argue anything, even if he wasn't telling the truth and that wasn't his position. Who was she to say otherwise?[break][break]
In that moment though, she hadn't expected his stern tone, even though his eyes were gleaming at her arrival, she almost laughed until he tossed something at her. Her reflex did in fact reach out to catch it, finding a bag coming towards her, but she huffed and stumbled at the weight of it... He tossed it so easily? It didn't look that heavy... So that's how this was going to go...?[break]
"Hmm, a little jog? Tell me why I already don't believe you," Yuina returned, she could see the intention behind his grin, the same playful, even mischievous demeanor as she took the pack and heaved it onto her shoulders.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Drop And Give Me 20 [M]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 15:59:03 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DAGM20

With Cadet

"You sure are mouthy for a cadet." He said with a smile. "Get running before I decide to start muscle training early."

To her credit, she was not wrong. The jog that was coming would be anything anything but little.

But hey, at least it was a jog.

"It's been 45 minutes and 5 miles!" He informed her cheerfully as he jogged besides her. "How are you feeling?"

To be perfectly frank... this was excessive as a warm up for a museum curator. Even if some ranger training had given her a runner's lungs—

The 25 pounds of weight he had made her strap to herself had probably not helped any.

But this was bootcamp, and Yuina needed to get harder, better, faster, stronger in record time. So... he would be cheating a little bit.

A few Lele scales to expedite the process.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Drop And Give Me 20 [M]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 17:12:38 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Finding her bearings to make sure she could heave the pack around and over her shoulders, Yuina glanced up at what sounded more or less like a threat... And now at this point already, Yuina understood that he could very well make good on it if he so chose... That wasn't worth the trouble. Jogging it was.[break][break]
Making a quick change into a military grade uniform of sorts that Doug had sanctioned for her, donning calf high boots with thick pants tucked into the legs, and a button shirt with the sleeves rolled a pinch, hair tied back for good measure... But no amount of wardrobe change and trying to get into the head space of it was going to have prepared her...[break][break]
The first length or so went off fine, the pack he heaved at her was a little daunting, certainly enough to make her shoulders smart first, but she did well to maneuver it and work on the straps a bit to avoid it bouncing around too much, lest it destroy her lower back and hips.[break]
Then they kept going, and kept going, and kept going some more... And while Yuina was truly trying her absolute darndest to keep pace, by the time that Doug spoke up about a mile marker that they hit, she was about run ragged as she stopped off and hunched over, her hands resting on her knees.[break][break]
If that rocket didn't kill her, this might just be her end anyways...[break][break]
"I... knew you were.... serious Doug.... but.... it feels like.... you're trying to finish.... the job when that rocket couldn't....," Yuina huffed between breaths, now realizing her dire mistake in stopping at all, she shouldn't have stopped... Her entire body ached now... But she was here, and she was doing it, whatever that meant, she wasn't intending to stop now.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Drop And Give Me 20 [M]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 2:33:38 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DAGM20

With Cadet

For his part, he jogged in place as she came to a gasping stop.

"This is barely a warmup, CADET!" He finally said a moment later, grinning from ear to ear. "Don't worry! It ain't gonna kill you— you'll wish it did, though!"

He wasn't about to go easy on her just because she was a friend. Oh no— precisely because she was a friend, he would work her until she made career soldiers look like rank amateurs or died trying!

"We still got a mile left, cadet. You got a minute to catch your breath— then we're going straight until we reach bootcamp!"

Wait... they weren't even there yet?!
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Drop And Give Me 20 [M]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 15:48:59 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Resisting the urge to cough through her heaving breaths, Yuina regretted her choice to stop in that moment as the intensity of what Doug was putting her through caught up. Her lungs burned at the exertion, she could feel and hear her pulse in her ears, the pack that laid across her back threatened to push her down as she remained hunched over on her trembling knees, and her entire body was screaming at her in agony.[break][break]
Doug barked at her though, freely and liberally tossing around the word Cadet, and while she couldn't see him as her head hung in her stance, Yuina knew he had that grin on his face. She could hear it, like he was enjoying this, taunting her, trying to push her...[break]
What did he say? Another mile still...?[break][break]
She knew he wasn't mocking, nothing he had intended was out of malice, but his tone was all too chipper, like he knew this was how things were going to go. And while Yuina's main goal of being here was trying to do right by him, his gleeful joy in this situation spurred her to at the very least want to make him eat his words.[break]
That was likely going to be the death of her...[break][break]
"Alright... let's get on with it then...," Yuina huffed in return, trying to swallow the groans in her throat at attempting to stand up right with the pack threatening to topple her over at the shift in weight. But if she didn't push on now, she was afraid she wouldn't be able to, and she'd likely get an earful for it... So on she went.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Drop And Give Me 20 [M]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 1:27:12 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DAGM20

With Cadet

"D'atta girl. That's the spirit." He said, a tiny bit of genuine admiration slipping into his words.

Choosing to keep going without any real complaints, whatever her reasons, took guts and strength of will.

The true hurdle was choosing to continue again and again before pain and exhaustion, however. Time would tell if she could see the training through.

At the very least though, she saw through the last mile.

"Well done, cadet! You got through it alive!" Doug said with a grin, his eyes on a stopwatch as he approached her, holding out a bottle of water. "Take 10 and rest up."

Pulling out a notepad, the youth casually began to write things down, humming to himself as he looked at her, then the stopwatch, then the road, and several other things...

"What do you think?" He said suddenly, eyes on her. "Wanna keep training still? I know bootcamp is hard. It was hell for me too."

He had been stick and bones at the time, malnourished and emaciated after being homeless for long enough to hate the system, but not enough to cave into rocket.

"Worth breaking your back over?"

Yuina didn't have any memories of Hoenn; while he didn't doubt the honesty of her desires, he did wonder where they were even coming from.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Drop And Give Me 20 [M]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 3:54:45 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

If she said anything further during the last stretch of their jog, Yuina wasn't sure she'd have enough breath to keep going. So she pushed through with little else but the notion that as she pressed on and if she started to go numb... That would likely be her saving grace.[break][break]
She almost didn't hear him, the pounding of her pulse in her ears was drowning out just about anything else, including her own thoughts... But she caught the tail end of his call that they'd made it through the last mile, making it through alive.[break]
Yuina nearly collapsed, her legs giving in, and with what little strength she had left before she fell over entirely, she heaved the back pack off of her shoulders. It unceremoniously fell to the ground behind her, and she winced at the feeling of her shoulders screaming through the pain of being released from the weight. No amount of trying to save face could hide how run ragged she was, she couldn't gain her breath back fast enough.[break][break]
He offered a period for rest, and she did reach out with a shaky hand to take the bottle of water he offered, but she was slow with it, only wanting to sip at first. Doug was right as rain, milling about with a notepad while she worried that she might not be able to get back up after falling to the ground. He didn't say much for a little while, and at least for that time Yuina was able to get her head to stop pounding, And then he asked, if she wanted to keep going? If this was worth it? If she didn't have the intention of actually commiting to this in the first place, she wouldn't be out here...[break][break]
"Worth... giving you one less person ...to worry about seeing on a medical table? I meant it, when I said I wanted to do this... To do what I can to not be a part of the problem...," Yuina spoke after a moment, still between breaths that she was trying to stabilize. As difficult as this already was on her, she was genuine, she needed to be able to take care of herself out on the front lines, when she didn't have any intention to walk away from being in the rangers.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Drop And Give Me 20 [M]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 16:52:05 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DAGM20

With Cadet

Her words made him sigh, his hand dragging up his face and over his hair as he heaved.

"What a stubborn woman." He said as his shoulders settled, smiling down at her before striding to her.

Rounding around her, he nudged away the backpack before pressing his palms to her back.

A soothing coolness would push into her abused back muscles as he began to speak.

"I'll always be worried, ya know?" He said. "Whether yer a complete newbie or a vet capable of knocking out and beating in a pokemon battle."

His close friends were all more or less competent vets by now, even the ones that were still children.

He still worried for them, though. Because he loved them, and didn't want them to even risk getting hurt.

He didn't get to decide how they expressed and saw through to their ideals and goals, though. It went against what he believed in.

"Since yer determined... I'll do everything I can to help ya grow strong." He said, before offering a laugh. "Just know I'll be worried all the same."
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Drop And Give Me 20 [M]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 18:21:52 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The time given to sit out on the ground and try and gather herself after the deathly jog, Yuina was hoping that even in her persistence that she would actually have the gall to keep going after all. She could sit there on the ground and say whatever she wanted, but if her body just physically couldn't do it, that was another problem entirely.[break][break]
Her persistence was a force to be reckonned with though, as she had had this notion in her head ever since she woke up to Doug having saved her from bleeding out on that island... She should have been able to do more, do anything, other than letting that man get at her... If she expected to be able to be an operative of the rangers, she couldn't be that vulnerable if she could help it...[break]
And... she just couldn't bear the thought of being the cause of such pain or worry, not for someone like Doug... The haunted look that he had on his face, when she realized what it meant for him to be a medic surrounded by all of his friends out in the field... It stuck with her...[break][break]
Her head hung a bit at his sigh, Yuina knew that exasperated expression already, but even in spite of him calling her stubborn, she knew he didn't mean it to be chiding... She was sat on the ground, legs stretched out straight with her heels on the ground, and her arms shook a bit as she rested her palms on the ground to support her in her rest.[break]
"I think everyone is a little stubborn...," Yuina began, though her words stopped with a small gasp at his touch. It caught her a bit off guard, she wasn't expecting it, and she may have flinched if she'd had the muscle strength for it. His palms smoothed out over her back, and then instead of any kind of pressure, or where she may have thought he might begin pushing into her muscles a bit to try and release some of the tension the backpack had caused, a soothing energy started to wash over her muscles... It felt... Familiar...[break][break]
Both the shock, and the welcome relief caused Yuina to fall still and quiet for the moment as Doug spoke, and she leaned into his touch. He spoke of how no matter who he was friends with, their experience or not, he worried all the same, and she couldn't blame him.[break]
Sitting there though, her mind trying to make a connection or two... This felt awfully familiar, in her hazy memory of waking up on the medical table... he'd pushed her back into the bed with a hand on her shoulder... And... this same feeling....[break][break]
And he certainly didn't have any Pokemon out around with him...[break][break]
"How... how are you doing that? It is you... Isn't it?"

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Drop And Give Me 20 [M]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 18:34:23 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DAGM20

With Cadet

"Oh, did I not tell ya?" He asked with a cheeky grin. "I'm a magic man."

Right. Even if Yuina might've relearned of AQUA since losing her memories, it didn't mean she was acquainted with its members— or knew of their abilities.

He snickered.

"I'm just an avatar." He clarified after a moment, shaking his head with a smile. "Remember when I found ya in the cave?"

He was pretty sure she had seen Tapu Lele then.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Drop And Give Me 20 [M]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 22:20:08 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

If it weren't for 's visit to her already, Yuina would have looked at him incredulously, without words... Though, even though she already knew what the concept of being an 'avatar' was now, that didn't make the idea any less shocking that Doug... Was one of them. And just like Kyle, he spoke of it so casually, as if he were merely telling her more of his military background...[break][break]
"You... You are," Yuina stammered for a moment... It was fortunate, perhaps, that she'd already met with Kyle, he'd tried to ease some of her initial concerns, the initial... unease of the idea. Still the contempt that lofted around the idea was there... But, it was Doug? How... How could it be met with contempt at all, when it came to someone like Doug being an avatar...[break][break]
And yet, as he mentioned it, when he found her in the cave, those moments before, before she knew it was him... Was that him? That destructive power... That very real fear that she held in the moments just before he stated his name...[break]
"I do... I remember...," she returned after a quiet moment, it was a lot to take in... Even if it was as commonplace as Kyle was trying to make it sound...[break][break]
"When... When I was hiding... Was that power you...? Or was it that Pokemon," she didn't know how else to ask, there was no right way to ask it... And she hated not being able to match his grin, his joking... But she had to know, which one of them was she afraid of in that moment?

notes[break]