2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
encrusted . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 9:41:00 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait laughed airily as she wiped a thin layer of sweat from her brow, her gardevoir's grimace serving as the primary cause for the joyous eruption. the pokemon considered work that he labeled as 'dirty' to be beneath him and he'd make quite the effort to avoid touching the dirt-encrusted equipment. instead he utilized his mind to aid his mistress in her endeavor, the young woman presently wielding a pickaxe with the hopes of uncovering a stone. 

"nothing yet," she breathed.

areas that possessed a vast quantity of uncovered and valuable minerals had become popular as of late and cait had decided to partake on a whim. she'd been supplied with a single tool of her choice and told to limit her search to one stone - and one stone only. so now she stood in the depths of rusturf tunnel, chipping away at the walls little by little as minutes began to transition into hours. 

"anything on your side, gardevoir?

- dirt, - he replied, simply.

cait snorted and allowed silence to settle once again, though it caused work to become slow and tedious. so she decided to fill the empty spaces of the cavern with her voice

stand tall for the beast of hoenn.

lay down like a naked dead body.

keep it real for the people workin' over time they can't stay livin' on the council's dime.

her gardevoir lifted up a rock as the young alfric worked, seated upon a much larger one as he began to examine it closely. he'd already compiled a small pile, the pokemon hoping to remove the outer layer of dirt of uniquely shaped rocks in hopes of discovering a precious stone beneath. 

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
encrusted . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 15:56:32 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the only stone the gardevoir will find from removing the outer layer of dirt is the most precious of stones: alexander stone, champion of hoenn.

footsteps echo from down the narrow chambers of rusturf tunnel, drowned out by the overpowering sound of someone singing. she has a smooth voice, melodic in a way, and he is almost drawn to it, perhaps curious to find the source. so he heads in that direction with a pickaxe in his backpack should he need it.

his flashlight guides him forward. it doesn't take him long to uncover the source of beauty, and color him surprised; his eyes widen a bit, eyebrows raising.

"you have a beautiful voice, miss alfric." 

he approaches with caution, mindful that their relationship is not on the best of terms. he walks on eggshells, careful not to break any as he nears her. he holds a smile on his face; the occasion asks for one.

"i am surprised to see you down here. this does not seem like your forte." 

as opposed to the greenery he once saw in her gym, rusturf tunnel is nothing but dark and brown. it pales in comparison but the pickaxe in her hand tells him why she's here. he reaches into his backpack for his as well. he nods at the gardevoir, then turns to cait.

"would you like some company?"

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
encrusted . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 20:45:08 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"mister stone."

cait pulled herself away from her task, her brows furrowed and her expression pinched with surprise. she hadn't expected company nor had she expected to encounter alexander anytime soon; not when she had been made to comfort following the lavaridge gym leader's failed proposal attempt. 

'be civil,' she thought.

she gritted her teeth, her gaze flitting toward her gardevoir as an amused little grin tugged at the corner of his lips.

'be civil,' she repeated, inwardly. 

"
you're welcome to stay if you like," she allowed.

her grip tightened upon the wooden handle of her tool, the expression she wore betraying her displeasure as she turned back toward her work.

'i should've went elsewhere for something like this,' she thought. 

"
you're doing well, i hope?"

cait returned to repeatedly slamming the pointed tip of her pickaxe into the cave's wall, the action harsh and further punctuated by thud after thud.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
encrusted . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 2:33:28 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
she should have expected to run into him eventually being this close to his home. the real surprise is not seeing her here but rather seeing how civil she's being, especially considering how things between him and stormy have developed recently. he has no doubt that cait was there to comfort her, which means she must be fully aware of their situation. her expression gives away her true displeasure towards him. 

"as well as i can be." 

pickaxe in hand, he does the same motion as her and slams it into the side of the wall. thud. thud. thud. the rhythmic movements prove an able distraction from their conversation for moments.

"how is stormy?" 

he asks the question to challenge the tension in the air. there's no use ignoring it; it exists between them and the only way to rid it is to acknowledge it. his eyes narrow slightly, though mostly because of how dark it is in there.

every now and then he glances over at her to gauge her reactions and responses.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
encrusted . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 3:10:37 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the sharp tip of cait's pickaxe lodged itself firmly into the hard surface of the cavern's wall. it became temporarily stuck because of it, and she tugged at it in vain before releasing a noise of disgust that was directed at both the tool and alexander stone in equal measure. 

"she made a mistake picking you."

cait released her grasp on the item, a hint of a sneer causing her expression to grow ugly. her eyes became unusually bright within the dim light of the cave as she settled her gaze upon stone, her hands curled tightly into fists. 

"
i respect your position, champion," she said, referring to him by title. "and i respect your right to deny or accept a proposal. but at the end of the day you still hurt someone who i care for."

the young woman sucked in a little breath, her eyes falling shut as she shook her head.

"
i can't believe i actually told her to go through with it. what was i thinking?"

she fell abruptly silent and then gestured toward the axe. her gardevoir promptly dislodged it from the wall, his grin ever present. 

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
encrusted . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 4:01:02 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
sometimes all it takes is a single question. the hint of sneer is registered, accepted, but he doesn't give it a reaction. he swings his pickaxe one more time and jams it in the wall before releasing his grip. he turns to look at her as she speaks, giving her his full attention.

alexander appreciates her candor no matter how direct she might be. too long has she kept her thoughts to herself; to finally hear them is a relief. in a way, it validates his own thoughts on her as well.

only when cait falls abruptly silent does he finally speak. he considers his next question very carefully.

"would you rather she had picked you?" 

it's a thought he's had on his mind ever since the hospital visit. he remembers how frantic cait was: how she rushed into the room, the sudden change of expression on her face when she noticed him, and how she quickly composed herself in his presence. it's not subtle by any means, so the assumption has a basis of logic to it. still, it's like taking a shot in the dark.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
encrusted . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 4:16:59 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
there was a dramatic uptick of emotion; anger, envy and grief threatening to overwhelm her. 

"
you"

cait shook beneath his sharp-eyed gaze, her rage utterly palpable as she faced him. she opened her mouth only for her gardevoir to intervene, his grin beginning to fray at the edges. 

- your face, mistress. - 

she shot him an alarmed look before he calmly made the 'turn around' gesture. without hesitation she obeyed, aware that her gift was beginning to flare up. cait covered her face with her hands, squeezed her eyes shut, and took a few breaths in hopes of calming herself down. an uncomfortable silence was given leave to settle at that moment, with cait fighting to keep her emotions at bay despite alexander having prodded at an obviously sore spot.

- you will change the topic of discussion, - gardevior instructed. 

the pokemon elegantly crossed his legs, primly postured as he did so. his smooth and unusually deep voice sought to slither into alex's brilliant mind, his expression proving difficult to read. 

- or you will leave. -  

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
encrusted . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 4:39:01 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
her reaction is expected but the gardevoir's is what catches him off guard. he's familiar with its evolutionary line as he's had his own for most of his life. psychic-types are interesting pokemon: though most of them might not be able to detect thoughts, they are awfully perceptive of emotions. he eyes the garevoir warily, noticing how it had made a gesture.

curiosity gets the better of him. he relaxes and allows the gardevoir's deep voice to speak to him.

"i am sorry." 

he gives the gardevoir a solemn nod before reaching for his pickaxe. he pulls it off the wall and starts the same process over again. thud. thud. thud. the sound proving to be rather calming in this tense situation.

"i have my reasons for denying her proposal, cait. you might not agree with them but this is what is best for her. with time, she will heal." 

he allows silence to envelop them for moments.

"i hope you can understand."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
encrusted . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 5:01:06 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"
she was so excited to propose," she said. 

cait turned to face him, his attempt at placating her ultimately ending in failure. 

"and i was so sure you'd say yes."

she felt so disgustingly foolish now. 

"
so no i don't understand," she spat. "because it's stormy! it's stormy, stone. it didn't matter if you were far away or close - she'd have you regardless because she loved you so much."

cait took another shaky breath before a humorless laugh spilled from her trembling lips.

"
and here you are - champion of hoenn. it's like you're being rewarded for your shit behavior.

her voice lowered to a whisper.

"
so fuck you, stone. you didn't deserve anything she was willing to give you in the first place."

with that said she turned on a dime, abandoning her pickaxe in favor of beating a hasty retreat. as she fled her gardevoir picked up a single stone, revealing that it was comparatively more valuable than the rest. the smile he wore was sharp and edged with malice, as though he had somehow derived a decent amount of enjoyment from the theatrics.

- good day, master stone. good day. -

soft laughter escaped him as he made to follow his mistress.   

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
encrusted . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 6:00:26 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
she lays her emotions out bare, unafraid and unfiltered. there is nothing he can say nor do to calm the fire that rages within her so he does the only logical option: nothing. absolutely nothing. he lets her vent; his expression not once faltering even at the sharpest of words, harshest of tones. he remains calm and composed.

when she finishes she turns and leaves. he makes no movements to stop her; she's said what she has to, laid it all out in front of them. and he's glad that she did. because now that it's out in the open, they can finally start to clear the air. because it's as he said:

with time, things will heal.

he says nothing to gardevoir. his grip around the pickaxe loosens; it's only then that he realizes how hard he had been gripping it. he turns back to the wall and continues hacking away at the wall, letting himself get distracted by the thud. thud. thud.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,751 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
encrusted . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 9:02:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]you receive the following: 50 pokedollars, 5 infamy,[break]and 1 free evolutionary stone evo (redeem in site shop).
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing