Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
There and Back Again
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 2:27:15 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Hm. Impressive." Howard looked up from the table, crammed with valuables. He didn't look upset, which was good for Himiko. Admin Slayte, 'The Galarian', did not maintain the same visible authority as Admin Bee, Admin Delaney, or Admin Cross. Nonetheless, pleasing him was likely better than making him upset. "This is a very good haul. You met my expectations."

A ruby was held between two gloved fingers as Howard inspected it. "...and then some."

The two were inside one of Rocket's many safe houses. This one, located in Lilycove, was stacked to the brim with valuables. Rare monoliths and ancient scrolls and golden ornaments lined the walls. It was a veritable treasure trove. Several Pokémon floated between shelves, and the safe house was watched by Howard's swarm of Sigilyth.

"Himiko, yes?" Howard's eye flicked to the smuggler. He was still getting used to the expectation that the office of Rocket Admin required, but he was slowly getting used to the authority.

That terrified him.

"This is exceptional. Splendid, even!" Howard beamed at her. "Do I want to know how you acquired all of this?"

close tab

played by

madda

Himi
she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
45 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
yamaguchi himiko
There and Back Again
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 6:14:35 GMT
yamaguchi himiko Avatar
"Hm."

Himiko watched Slayte as he looked over the valuables she had delivered. Her form leaned on the table as he inspected every little piece of the haul as if to grade her on the intricate details of her work. Nails tapped on the side of the table with a steady rhythm.

"I do my best not to disappoint." Himiko said quietly and looked at the ruby with a faint interest. It was a sizeable quality and something she had to put a little bit of work into, but worthwhile if the Admin fancied himself a jeweler. She waited patiently for him to finish before asked for her name.

A faint smile grew over her pale lips. "That's me." she said coyly.

"A little Pidove told me about a fellow thief in Hoenn that amassed quite the storage of stolen goods. From there, it was all just a matter of convincing him to part ways with his stash."

She was certain she'd see him again. Even with the threat of their lives at stake, criminals never really turned themselves around. That little thorn in East Hoenn's side would be back to gathering a stash up for days, weeks, maybe even months.

Then, she'd do it all over again.

"When you've played the game enough, you can start sniffing out the clueless ones from the veterans."

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
There and Back Again
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 9:02:14 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Most smugglers and thieves have grown way since this war with the League erupted. The foolish ones get killed. The League rounded up all the known thieves once they realized they were in for the long haul. Now they only have to worry about the unknown thieves."

Howard's eye flicked over to Himiko's, amused yet perplexed.

"People like you and me."

Thieves, smugglers, black market merchants. All were jobs that had become far more difficult as the war had gone on. A simple smuggling mission had tripled in price over the past few years, and many of Howard's friends in high and low places had been arrested by now. Combine that with the fact that Admin Fox ( ) had left him with essentially nothing to built Rocket's network up with, and Howard was forced to recruit.

People like the woman sitting across from him. Howard had never seen her before, but he knew that Rocket was always recruiting. It was likely for the best that he didn't know her. It meant that the League wouldn't, as well.

"You'll be compensated, naturally. These gemstones are top of the line." Howard inspected them with a glance. "Eight millimeters in diameter... that's about two carats per?"

He peered at a glistening ruby.

"Make that 2.1 carats." The archaeologist stood up. "I've got a job for you, if you're interested."

close tab

played by

madda

Himi
she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
awards
45 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
yamaguchi himiko
There and Back Again
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 9:50:11 GMT
yamaguchi himiko Avatar
Himiko thought to herself at Howard's point. The League definitely wasn't in the best spot to be picking and choosing what thieves and criminals they could focus on, be it Rocket or the standard civilians wanting more.

She hadn't really taken many notes of the current state of Hoenn's smuggling operation and den of thieves given that she was still fresh off the boat. But where that was ample opportunity to grow, there would be people to seek it out.

All she had to do was to be at the right place at the right time.

"I'm told that our little thief friend had some contacts with jewelers and company in more refined areas of the region." Soyeon said while leaning forward and watching Howard observe the gem with due interest. "I can't imagine that this would be the only stash of high-quality gemstones lying around Hoenn."

The payday would be much appreciated. It was her first real big break since coming here with practically nothing. Her first order of business was a roof over her head and food, not that gross "Kanto made" garbage that many vendors hawked it as. She wanted actual Kanton cuisine.

Her mouth watered while imagining the takoyaki in her future, though her train of thought had been interrupted. A new job?

"A new job, hm?" Himiko said and walked over to Howard with a curious eye, "I may be interested. What's it entail precisely?"

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
There and Back Again
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 10:59:49 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Himiko was right. This would not be the only stockpile of gemstones within Hoenn worth snagging. Howard immediately thought of his mother's jewelry store, which held onto several of the region's most expensive jewels. He'd need to ensure that her store was safe.

"There's several gem stockpiles in the region. Ever Grande's cache, Slateport's docks and museums, Lilycove." Howard raised an eyebrow at Himiko and smiled. "I suppose Lilycove will be crossed off the list for now, thanks to you."

Man, Kantoian cuisine sounded good. Howard would need to get some when he was back in Sootopolis. Oh, but there was that really good corner shop in Rustboro. The dreamy expression was replaced with a serious one. There was still work to be done.

"Have you been to Sky Pillar?" Howard asked casually, referring to the Draconid's sacred monument. It was a site teeming with rare items. Ancient murals, expensive statues, elaborately carved artifacts. Jewels, stones, valued texts. It was an archaeologist's delight.

And Howard wanted it.

"Admittedly, it's not as illustrious as stealing jewels." Howard shrugged. "Yet I'll pay you handsomely to strip Sky Pillar of valuables. I'd like you to accompany me, as well. You'll smuggle, you'll assist, and you'll protect me from dangers."

The Admin, one of Rocket's most powerful members, wanted the protection of a common smuggler? It was abnormal, unheard of. No Rocket Admin, Beast, Head Scientist, or Underboss would rely on grunts for protection.

"Interested?"

close tab

played by

madda

Himi
she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
awards
45 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
yamaguchi himiko
There and Back Again
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 7:40:45 GMT
yamaguchi himiko Avatar
The Sky Pillar. The name had eluded her, as had most of its enigmatic stories surrounding it. In all honesty, Himiko saw it as nothing more than the remnants of an ancient civilizations that had been long gone. Just another place for wild pokemon to burrow into its hallowed halls to call home.

Well, besides the vast amount of riches there were to be found there.

"I can't say I have." she answered, leaning back against the edge of the table with a muted interest. "But I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't on my radar. Why do you ask?"

The offer made was a little bit more than what she had been expecting. Slayte was a Rocket Admin, and here he was, asking her of all people, a grunt, for assistance. Some little bit of her remained irked at this offer. It could be a trap, or just some little hazing ritual like some of the Hoenn Rockets did enjoy a little bit too well. It seemed suspicious and frankly, a waste of time to share the valuables that he would inevitably get from this.

But with an Admin out and about, she could snatch a few things for herself under his nose.

"Sounds appealing." Himiko grinned and leaned closer in with a glimmer of mischief in her eyes. A hand raised to move some locks of hair from her vision before the smuggler's fingers tapped on the table. "I'm in."

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
There and Back Again
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 6:14:30 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Good answer, Himiko." Howard snapped his fingers. After a short pause, a Sigilyth came flying into the room. The ancient sentinel stared at Himiko blankly for several seconds, before Howard whistled quietly and murmured something in a strange, foreign tongue. Whatever language it was, the Sigilyth listened.

The ancient Pokemon turned to face a strange, ornate table that covered Eastern Hoenn's ocean topography. After a few seconds, a projection of Sky Pillar appeared on the table through the use of Light Screen. Poor for actual combat, but very useful for an individual who did minimal fighting.

"Sky Pillar is a sacred site. The League will not appreciate a shameless sacking of Rayquaza's precious domain, but alas..." Howard shrugged apathetically. "Nobody can get close to it, with our occupation of Sootopolis. Such a shame. It'd be best if the items within were doled out to the people, so they could be appreciated by the masses. I hope you're not afraid of earning the ire of a deity."

Howard's eye was fixed squarely on the projection, but it was a studied gaze.

Her suspicion was valid, but Howard was not a traditional Rocket Admin. He was a hidden man who schemed behind closed doors, and he was also a recent promotion, plucked from the wide draft of Rocket Grunts that made up the bulk of Team Rocket's forces. He was not as impressive on the field as Admin Frost, nor did he have an eye for deception like Admin Delaney or Admin Bee.

No, instead he simply watched and observed. Not every quiet scheme deserved a reaction. Not yet.

Instead, he carried onward.

"What do you do publically?" Howard asked conversationally. "In public life."

close tab

played by

madda

Himi
she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
awards
45 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
yamaguchi himiko
There and Back Again
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 8:23:18 GMT
yamaguchi himiko Avatar
Himiko's eyes locked onto the Sigliyph flying above her to then listen to some orders given to her by Howard. After some fluttering around, a light came around its eye as a copy of the area in question was then shown to her.

She pursed her lips in thought, putting a hand on her chin and leaning her head to the lift as Howard began to explain what the mission would entail. He sounded as excitable as a child on Christmas, although for an Admin to do something so drastic as to deface likely one of the most historic landmarks of Hoenn was questionable.

It was a good thing she didn't really care all that much to begin with. Himiko remained quiet and absorbed all of the information given to her.

"I doubt any deity would have the time to care about some rocks in an abandoned temple. You, on the other hand, must have some plan for these things."

She gave an amused smirk at Howard and his helper. An index finger traced along the edge of the table as Himiko sashayed her way back to him while glancing to the projection once more.

"Unless you're about to donate them to the Natural History Museum, I'm under the assumption that you're either after something in particular or have something in mind for these treasures." Himiko then feigned a shocked look at the admin, before mocking a salute. "But I'm just a lowly grunt. A face in the crowd. I'll tag along on your adventure and not ask questions."

He prodded about her civilian persona. It was a pretty beneficial time thanks to the Beast she had spoken with a while back, . She managed to get all the things she needed to complete for little faux history here.

"I'm a florist, it's been in my family for generations. We've got a green thumb when it comes to the line of work, plants of all kinds. Ones to celebrate life and others to take it." That sly smile never left her ruby lips.

"Although I do tend to enjoy the latter."

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
There and Back Again
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2023 9:22:31 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Florists. Howard was sick of florists. He had only ever known one, but still. That 'one' florist had locked him in a bathroom with a Ruinous Beast, and he had to fight it off with a mop, a bucket of bleach, and a prayer on his lips.

was the only florist Howard had ever known, and he hoped that Himiko didn't also have a vicious snail to use against him. At least he could pull rank on this one. Himiko seemed sane, but so did Elisabeth Fiorelli. Many people in Rocket seemed reasonable up until they were backed into a corner, or until they had no reason to fear.

Only then were their true colors revealed.

"Maybe I'll send a few pieces. If we wrap them up with some insect shells, he might even put it up for display." Howard spoke the museum curator's name with familiarity, though his meetings with the man were minimal. There was a story buried there, but Gideon wouldn't know it. Why would he even know Howard Slayte's name?

That was the problem.

"We'll cart them off. Sell them to people who care. Keep them for research. Rayquaza doesn't need relics from Sky Pillar to learn from, but we can learn much. Rayquaza won't preserve its own monument to itself, so it falls to us." Howard shrugged, before turning. "But it will kill us both all the same. Grunt. Admin. Doesn't mean anything."

Smart lady. Grunts got lost in the sea of faces. Admins stood out. Howard missed being a forgotten member of the masses. It let him blend in more easily.

"I see." His face was blank as Himiko lauded the extinguishment of life. He was Rocket's stiffer members. He did not enjoy murder. He did not partake in it. He simply ensured that Team Rocket's coffers were filled, and that supplies were bestowed. "Flowers need to be pruned from time to time, after all. Cull excess in order to encourage proper growth."

Himiko's true colors slightly revealed themselves, if only for a moment.

"We'll depart for Sky Pillar soon. Try not to get called for too many floral arrangements in the meantime. I'll need you again."

close tab

played by

madda

Himi
she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
awards
45 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
yamaguchi himiko
There and Back Again
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 7:01:41 GMT
yamaguchi himiko Avatar
The mention of a Gideon Graves hadn't escaped Himiko's ears. She hadn't met the exact person just yet, still being new to Hoenn and all. There was something to be said about new faces, although for the mission Howard in mind, she didn't really care. Whatever the fossil lusting admin wanted.

"Well, nothing kills an afternoon like taking from deities and selling it off to the highest bidder." Himiko mused to Howard as he gave a brief runover of what their intentions were for this little heist of theirs. SO far, it looked like things were a go. She had to admit it did interest her being in a temple to Rayquaza.

Maybe if he granted them an audience, it would be a painless death.

"Understood." she said as Howard locked in her in for playing Robin Hood with some ancient tablets. She even laughed a little at his comment while wandering away from the table. Though before she left, a thought came to her. Pale hands dipped into her uniform as she stole a pen off of one of the surfaces in this little lab.

"Here."

Himiko slid Howard a note with her number on it, alongside a little doody of one of her favorite flowers, the lycoris radiata.

"If you ever need to get in contact with me before the mission. If I don't pick up after the second ring, I'm with a customer." She waved Howard off, walking out and back onto wherever her duties would take her for the day.

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
There and Back Again
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 7:58:03 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: