twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
301 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
A Nap in History Class
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 18:35:38 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Back in Petalburg, but more tired than the first time. June drank heavily from her Red-Tauros® as Knight touched down yet again. The cast had its few perks, such as making cold cans not so cold on her hands. As soon as its feet hit the ground, it folded its wings and dropped the cargo without much care.

She could feel the bird growing more and more annoyed with her, but it was much easier to ignore it and slide off it back. “Leave the stuff here, take twen– thirty.”

CAWWWWWW! The Corviknight displayed its wings and screamed. Even though the noise made her cringe and shrink back, she kept on towards the museum. It’d go and fuck off for thirty, and he’d be right back for when they left off again. It didn’t mind the cold nearly as much as she did.

Speaking of, she ran as fast as an old Mabostiff and pushed through the front doors with gusto. Why did it have to be so much colder this time around? If exhaustion didn’t cling to her bones, then the frigid air did. A vicious cycle that left her desperate to keep going, if only to get inside the places she was delivering and savor their warm air.

And this time around, it was vaguely important. Not to her– she didn’t care for this old shit as much as the two that traded did. only managed to convince the delivery girl to do it with an adequately signed check, a surprise to her. When did this guy have so much money to spare?

Whatever. She didn’t ask questions. June raised her can-filled hand to the front desk and blitzed past it. A morning at the museum would definitely put her to sleep. No, one Yuina Higashi needed to be notified that her artifacts had arrived. Of course, she’d leave out the part where her bird left the stuff out there in the cold, set down with the care a child did for its precious toys.

Yuina, you around here?” She called out. “It’s June, I’ve got your stuff from Howard!

_

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Nap in History Class
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 19:54:22 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

True to his word, as a fellow historian it seemed, had contacted Yuina about sending over more pieces for the work that she was doing on Hisui, which was really just brilliant of him. Yuina had already made sure to credit him on the diagram of the gigaton ball that she had displayed, and his name was on the placard for where the work in progress diarama of Doug's skeletal and muscular systems were going to be displayed. She was fortunate to have a friend who was as invested in maintaining history as she was.[break][break]
So with delivery day on her mind, Yuina made sure to stick close to the entrance of the museum so that she could keep an eye out for the delivery, unsure of how much or how big was actually being sent, and it was being brought along by a woman that went by June.[break]
Standing just down the way from the front desk, making sure a display information panel was straight, Moroe sat at Yuina's heels as the fox looked at the sound of footsteps coming down the way, and Yuina heard her name called.[break][break]
"Hmm? Yes, that's me," she returned, turning to face the woman who identified herself as June. The delivery was here![break]
"Thank you so much! Oh I can't wait to see what he's sent," she smiled, moving to meet June now as she walked along the polished marble floors in her flats, Moroe padding along beside her now. Yuina came up to meet June, but perhaps seemed a little puzzled as she glanced around through her glasses. She wasn't hold a box or anything of the like?[break][break]
"Oh, did you leave it at the front desk by chance?"

notes[break]
Mission: Zero to One Hundred -> December 2023[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
301 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
A Nap in History Class
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 20:20:13 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Front desk? Uh…

Fuck, June probably should have done that. Wait, no, it was too big to carry inside. Not, like, THAT crazy, but she would need some help to get it past the front doors, let alone five steps. To Yuina, it just looked like June flipped between surprise, shame, and then relief in the span of five seconds. “Oh, right, no, it’s a little bit too big for that. If you want to come outside, I can show you what I mean.”

June led the way out of the museum, their pace only slowed by her long stare at the closest exhibit. Like a child window shopping, except the stuff wasn’t for sale and she had about zero interest in the thing on display. But it looked pretty enough, and that was enough for the two neurons that still functioned.

Cool stuff,” she said to the museum owner. “No wonder why you got so much of it.

Once they got past that, they were well on their way to the boxes that sat outside in the cold and thin layer of snow on the ground. It crunched underneath their feet as they went out the doors and June pointed to the large ‘object’ beneath a green tarp. She ran ahead and started to work on the straps that held it all down.

Not sure what you have going on here,” June called over her shoulder, “but we tried to make sure none of it got ruined. Hard with the long distance travel, and the straps, and the weird weather, and the stupid bird that didn’t set it down gently, but I think it should be fine.

Emphasis on 'fine' as the last strap was undone, and the fabric blew off to the side. She caught it before it could get far. As for the packages… they mostly looked as described: fine. An abundance of tape, caution stickers, and a small label for each box. Besides evidence of where the strap had been, everything looked as it just been wrapped up.

Except for one of them, a corner box. It had a massive dent in it. June caught it just as Yuina did, a loud crinkling sound that followed her as she went to the box and felt its rough exterior. “What the fuck… when did… how… fuck. Uh, sorry about that. I sure hope nothing too important was in there.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Nap in History Class
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2023 22:08:18 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Where Yuina may have thought that Howard was only sending along a box or two, something small, she was perplexed when June mentioned that it was all still outside, that it was a bit too big to bring in...[break]
"Oh, alright...," Yuina followed along, bidding Moroe with her as they headed outside, and she shivered against the cold and made sure to step carefully along the thin layer of snow.[break]
"I guess maybe I should have asked how much he was sending along, I'm not sure that I have room for everything to set up yet, maybe he's also sent some display cases and such and...," Yuina wondered, speaking aloud, mostly to herself, but aloud nonetheless as she followed June, but she did stop as she watched June start to tend to a load that was... Far more than she had been expecting...[break][break]
"Oh my goodness," she huffed against the cold, there were so many boxes of all different shapes and sizes... Howard really sent along all of this?[break][break]
"Are you sure this is all sent to me," Yuina questioned, not in a way to question June's work or credibility but... She just wasn't expecting so much. It seemed like one of the boxes didn't make the trip very well though, Yuina moved towards June and looked at it carefully, she couldn't know what was inside or what she was expecting, Howard hadn't really given her a lot of details...[break][break]
"It's alright, we'll get things sorted... Just not out here," Yuina shivered again, taking out a couple of Pokeballs that she had with her, she'd been doing a lot of work moving things around lately, and her Pokemon had been of great help.[break]
An Infernape, Sneasler, and Decidueye emerged from the flashes, all willing and able, though it was going to be tough to bring Moroe inside now that the fox was playing around in the snow...[break][break]
"Everyone grab a set of boxes, lets get inside," Yuina spoke as her Pokemon moved forward, taking apart the stacks of boxes so that they could carry everything inside.

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
301 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
A Nap in History Class
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2023 22:51:52 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Yuina didn’t explicitly say that it was a problem, so June took that as a good thing. A disaster narrowly avoided (for now), she pulled together all the tarps and straps and shoved them underneath the pallet. That’d hold until Knight got back. For now, she released one of her own Pokémon to help out.

A tall Cinderace, clearly ready for some action. She pointed to the boxes, and it got to work without even waiting for her explanation. All June could do was sigh and start to carry the boxes alongside the Pokémon.

Thankfully, they were able to get them all in with a singular trip. There were only a couple boxes that proved to be really heavy, but the help of several strong Fighting-Types made them look like they weighed nothing. Kicker had to be put back in his ball the second they got inside, though. He looked like he was ready to start doing some Soccer tricks with the fucked up box.

Alright, that should be all of them,” she looked at the scattered packages with careful eyes. Not to count them, but to scan for more visible damage. If one fell off on the way here, it belonged to the wild Pokémon or a lucky hiker. Whichever found it first.

And only one bad egg! Nice.” From her sling backpack came a clipboard, packed to the brim with information about the items delivered. Half the items were well beyond her comprehension or ability to pronounce, but as long as Yuina knew what it was then that was good enough for her. It came with a pen and found its way to the front desk countertop. “If you’re interested in the goods.

Regardless of if Yuina investigated the contents of the delivery or not, she rubbed her arms vigorously. Fuck, it was cold out. It didn’t help that she pulled out a blue can of Sugar-Free Tauros-Energy, slick with frost. She cracked it open, a loud sound considering the relative quiet of the museum. “So, Howard really didn’t tell you what he was sending? I figured he would’ve sent you a text at least.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Nap in History Class
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 20:29:55 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

One by one, Yuina's Pokemon made it in through the front doors of the museum and away from the cold, bringing along the various packages that Howard had sent along. Yuina made sure to bring Moroe inside before she got to be too cold herself, and made it to the front desk area. Her Pokemon set down the series of boxes carefully, and June scanned them all once more before finding relief that only one may have been damaged.[break][break]
"Please, don't feel too stressed about it... Flying here with all of this was a very delicate process already, I can't be mad at how much effort you put into your work," Yuina returned, she wondered, in her line of work, how often June must have dealt with someone being that upset about the box being damaged? Surely, whatever was inside, was packed very well by Howard, he was a historian after all, it was only reasonable to assume that damages could happen in transit, packing the item carefully was first the sender's responsibility.[break][break]
The packing list was handed over, along with a pen, and Yuina started to look it all over. She truly hadn't known what Howard had to send along, but as she started to look over the paperwork, she was really taken aback...[break]
"I... No, he mentioned that he had something to send along but... This is pottery, tatami art, parchments... I can't believe it," Yuina remarked, she was really speechless... It was a short life she lived, she couldn't really call the time period home, but... They were the only memories she had, and to know that she would have more of those memories to look back on, and keep them safe...[break][break]
She was stuck there in that moment, she couldn't wait to open each box, and see every piece, but she glanced back up to June...[break]
"Uhm... Sorry, would you maybe be able to help us bring all of this to the wing I'm working in? And then I won't keep you, I'm sure you've other deliveries you need to make," Yuina returned, her eyes a bit glossy, but she couldn't keep June forever, she was working surely. Yuina turned to her Pokemon who grabbed the boxes that they could, and started off in the direction that they knew Yuina's work was in.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
301 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
A Nap in History Class
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 6:09:15 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Uh. Sure, I guess,” June quickly released the tall Cinderace back from its ball, and pointed back at the packages. He wasted no time and bore the load of the brown boxes yet again. Even with the additional load of June’s packages, it had relatively little trouble following along with the rest of the Pokémon.

Arceus, this was annoying. She delivered packages. The packages had been delivered. Open-close case, the money had been given to her, everything was just splendid. Howard was lucky he’d both knew this girl and that he had paid for it all. If this had been some random schmuck, she’d ditch her faster than a jet plane. Instead, she followed at the tail end of the makeshift conga line.

At least this place had plenty of eye candy for the few functioning neurons left. Placed within various wooden cases with a shine like no other were numerous artifacts of various kinds. A couple pretty jars, what looked like an old poem written on leather ready to fall apart, and everything in between.

June yawned wide and took a sip from her energy drink. Fuck, she needed to get back out in the blistering cold and into the open skies. Not stuck in a calm location in relative warmth. Bad for business.

What even is all this stuff anyway?” She asked the historian, thumb jutted towards the Pokémon ahead of her. “And how the hell did you manage to convince that stingy bastard to give it away?

That’s about the only thing she could think of to drown out the footsteps of the various Pokémon. And keep her awake. Otherwise, it was a perfectly valid question. Yuina knew Howard, and knew him in the artifact collection way. June sooner saw the man die than sell any of his shit. Let alone ship it across the region.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Nap in History Class
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 2:50:42 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Her own handful of Pokemon took up the same amount of boxes that they had before to bring everything inside, moving along the marble tiles with June's own Cinderace to head towards the wing of the museum that Yuina primarily worked in. She would get everything sorted, authenticated, and catalogued on her own, but the help to make sure everything was in one place was appreciated.[break][break]
As they walked, Yuina couldn't help but glance over the shipping form, outlining, on a basic level, what each box should contain, she couldn't wait to open everything and start putting more pieces, more memories together... She wondered... If anything that Howard had sent was something she would remember... Maybe something that even belonged to her once upon a time? In that far away life...[break][break]
Yuina was quiet, she was scanning over every word, every letter on the papers that she held, hardly paying attention to the path that she was walking, as if she were hoping that she was going to make it there without running into anything in her path, when June spoke. Her voice, the suddenness of it, as Yuina was so deep in thought, startled her. But she looked up from her engrossed thoughts.[break][break]
"Hmm? Goodness, why do you say that? Howard has been a very generous benefactor of the studies I've been working on. Many of my exhibit pieces have his credit for his contribution," Yuina returned, she couldn't possibly imagine what June meant?[break][break]
"He's even donated some of his own work, diagrams of ancient Pokeballs and studies of the Blood Moon Ursaluna that he travels with," she continued, and Yuina did stop and motion for her Pokemon to relinquish their boxes. They were now in her wing of the museum.[break]
"I think he did mention once that my particular field of study wasn't of much value to him, being an archeaologist at heart. I study Hisuian History, what the Sinnoh Region was known as centuries ago before it was colonized and settled. It's difficult, as many authentic artifacts have been destroyed by Sinnoh's industrialization, or bought up by private collection," Yuina remarked, it also wasn't of intrinsic value to most, being on a different land mass all together. It wasn't as though she were working on ancient Draconid Hoenn history.[break][break]
"But together, Howard and I are trying to preserve what history we can and build on what resources we have."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
301 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
A Nap in History Class
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 1:11:15 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
... Are we talking about the same guy, or?

Seriously, try having him as a customer,” June sighed as she motioned for the Cinderace to drop the packages he carried. “You’ll see what I mean.

All she had to do was remember that stupid trip to the Sky Tower, and any doubts planted in her head by his coworker were uprooted. Or that very first delivery. Man did love his relics, for better or worse. He also loved talking about them.

Maybe it’s because you didn’t ask for any funeral urns,” she muttered to herself as she recalled Kicker. Oh how she desperately wanted to tell Yuina about his unhealthy obsession with those damn things. However, the odds of them being illegally owned were not zero and thus off limits for discussion. Even as the urge clawed at her worn out brain, she kept it behind her lips.

Damn.

But… wait. You’re a Hiswui–Hish–Hi– Ancient Sinnoh Historian. But we’re in Hoenn. A place that has the largest criminal organization of them all, barring the one literally ran by them.

So... why are you setting up shop here?

Maybe Yuina was in on the black market trades too. Smuggling in priceless relics as a front for ‘historical preservation’ when it was little more than her collection. Would explain the part where Howard willingly (and with June’s help) donated this much shit. Didn’t explain the part where she put it up on display for the world to see, though.

June poked around at the boxes, now slightly invested in the scheme being run here. “Wouldn’t it be much easier to preserve your… what the fuck-- whatever it is, back in Sinnoh?

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Nap in History Class
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 18:31:47 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

June really seemed to have some strong opinions about Howard as a person... Yuina was a bit perplexed. She wasn't going to tell someone how they were supposed to feel about one thing or another, but she couldn't fathom any of the negative spite June had. Howard had been nothing but a dedicated historian and fellow enthusiast with Yuina, but maybe that was just it? They were in very similar fields of work after all, perhaps it was just a connection...[break][break]
"I'm sorry if Howard might not be the best client in a way... If he gives you any trouble about a shipment coming my way, let me know," Yuina tried to save face, if there was at least one facet that she might be able to help June on, anything that might come to Yuina and her museum shouldn't be such a stressor...[break][break]
As Yuina had explained a bit about her particular field of study, and she even dared to say specialty at this point regarding Hisuian History, June seemed a bit perplexed at the necessity of it, and how it came to be that such a collection was housed in a different region all together.[break]
"Hmm? Well, history belongs to everyone, don't you think? Knowledge and the want to learn isn't specific to one landmass or one region. Museums all over the world have artifacts and pieces from all sorts of places. Its invaluable to be able to learn about places and cultures outside of what you know to be familiar," Yuina spoke thoughtfully, anyone who didn't or couldn't travel could still learn about other places and other cultures by way of museum exhibits.[break][break]
"In a way though, Hisuian History is becoming a part of Hoenn every day. I'm sure you've heard news of the various 'Time-Space Distortions' that have ravaged different parts of the region for a while now. Those distortions are connected to ancient Sinnoh, which is where some of the peculiar Pokemon that are roaming the region now have come from," Yuina remarked, gesturing over to her couple of Pokemon that had since laid their boxes down from their trek across the marble hallways.[break][break]
"My Pokemon here are extinct otherwise, they're from Hisui, from Time-Space Distortions. So Hoenn has a right to learn about that far away place, about the Pokemon that have come around since they started happening."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
301 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
A Nap in History Class
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 3:50:32 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Fair enough then, I guess,” June shrugged casually. Arguments about history and all that shit were well outside of her jurisdiction. Even worse, she had heard about the weird time paradox shit that had occurred throughout Hoenn for the last while. Sometimes, it felt like all she heard about.

If everyone else wanted to try to connect the dots, who was she to stop them? Not her place. They could do it without her. Too hard to remember all the places and events and what order they happened in and their significance. Especially once they started to talk about the rest of the regions.

June sniffed and looked around the wing of the museum. “I’m just not a history person is all. Always took a nap in that class.

I will say though,” she gently tapped a box with her foot, “there’s some pretty stuff in here. Real eye candy, with all the faded colors and shit. I can see why people come out and look at it from time to time.

Yuina talked just like Howard, in a way. Passionate about the things they liked, but in a way that inspired something deep within her. An infectious… hope? Perseverance? View on their futures? As if they looked towards the sky with an outstretched hand, ready to grab hold of the dawn.

Or they couldn’t look, because their heads were too far stuck into the sands they pluck their relics from. Hard to say, really. Only time would tell, and it’d be by some other historian digging up the remnants of their society. Or something. That’s probably how it worked.

Hey, you think Ancient Sinnoh had a couple engines, or anything mechanical?” For the first time, her eyes showed a spark of life. “That’d be cool to learn about. See what those old bastards did for power and mobility."

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Nap in History Class
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 4:22:35 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

That was nothing new to say, as June mentioned that history as a concept just wasn't quite as interesting to her as other things. Yuina couldn't blame her one bit. Unless you truly found something engaging, or even beyond that had someone that could show you how engaging a given topic or time period could be, it was easy to lose interest. She couldn't be sure that she would be as involved in the historian community as she was now if she didn't have a very very particular interest in Hisui herself.[break][break]
"Basic history is necessary in schooling, but outside of that, the only way it can be engaging and interesting to a given person, is if they have someone or something that fosters that interest," Yuina agreed, not too many people would go out and seek to learn about history and other time periods or cultures outside of regular schooling, and that was only fair.[break][break]
"Yes, some of the pieces that we've been able to restore already are really very pretty. Even if it doesn't mean anything to someone historically, these pieces can spur on so many other things, artists, sculptors, writers. History can be very inspiring," Yuina smiled, whether intentional or not, Yuina felt that perhaps she had grabbed June's attention a little bit? It was part of her job after all, to get those who came to visit to feel engaged and enthused about their exhibits...[break][break]
Yuina's smile only grew as June made a genuine inquiry about history, about anything mechanical that Hisui might have developed. She was engaging in the exhibit, and Yuina could take the opportunity to be that fostering environment... Even if it was only just for a tiny, little while...[break][break]
"Why yes, as a matter of fact they did," she nodded, gesturing for June to follow with her if she liked to.[break]
"While its said the village itself didn't have any technology, relying mostly on fire for lighting and heat, they did develop some of the first Pokeballs to ever be recorded in history," Yuina described, bringing June to a particular display, a set of diagrams and schematics.[break][break]
"Their Pokeballs were powered by steam, and this set of diagrams shows how the mechanism works to pressurize the steam as a containment method," Yuina introduced, smiling a bit to herself as she looked at the set of information she had displayed herself, including a credit to a one for his schematics.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
301 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
A Nap in History Class
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 21:40:56 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June’s inkling of excitement shortly died as Yuina explained the situation in ancient Sinnoh. Even more when the display they approached and stood in front of was little more than a diagram of a primitive Poke Ball. “Oh…

This… was… not what she meant by ‘engine’ or ‘mechanical’. This wasn’t an ancient attempt at a vehicle, nor any attempts at factory machines that dominated the landscape as soon as they took off. Instead, this was just… a Poke Ball. Boring. Honk-shew. Snork-mimimimimimi. Her eyelids drooped a little further. She took an obnoxiously loud sip from her light blue can.

It looks… alright. I guess. Steam is something they used back in the day. It checks out,” she said dryly. Man, it looked like her initial assumption had been correct all along: ancient history sucked. At least the paper looked to make sense. Knowledge between systems didn’t transfer one to one (hello electricity), but it sure did help.

Well… uh. I guess…” June bent closer to the glass and squinted her eyes, “...’Howard Slatye’ did an alright job. He knows how to draw stuff.

Neat enough handiwork. Made her drawings look like she had a mild case of Parkinson’s, but that wasn’t here nor there.

But… is this it in the entire building? Just this one piece? No, like, cars? Or motors? Not even a single factory fabric machine?

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
A Nap in History Class
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 21:54:45 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Leading the way through her exhibit pieces, Yuina was delighted to show June the work that she and Howard had done on dissecting and understanding how the steam powered Pokeballs from centuries ago actually worked. Though, in hindsight, it seemed Yuina might have misunderstood her inquiry... She wasn't speaking to just Hisuian History.[break]
"Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I didn't catch that. I thought you were asking about Hisui in particular," Yuina nodded, a bit sheepishly, she wasn't trying to squander June's inquiry at all. She wanted to encourage it still.[break][break]
"Of course as time went on, here in Hoenn, the machine age began to take over. It might not be as prominent in Hoenn as it was in a region like Galar or Sinnoh reaching their industrial age, but, mechanical advancements happen everywhere," Yuina returned, there was of course other sections to the museum, she only maintained one portion of it.[break][break]
"If you're interested, there's an entire section in another part of the museum, I'd be happy to show you," Yuina smiled then, just as much as June was doing her work for the day, so was Yuina. She was employed with the museum and was meant to be able to foster inquiries and show someone to their desired section. She would be delighted.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
301 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
A Nap in History Class
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 3:25:59 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June’s eyes glazed over as Yuina explained the history of Hoenn and how it compared to Arceus knows what. She had said it before, but history was her worst subject by far. At least reading had some cool stories every once in a while. History? Boring as hell. It took all her willpower to at least hear the words she said and parse through the information.

Interested? Entire section? No thanks. If it were anything like this, she’d fall asleep on her feet. And that wasn’t a good idea when she remembered that this was supposed to be done ten minutes ago. “Uh, thanks. But I think I have to take a rain check.

June-talk for ‘If I stay here I’m going to lose my damn mind’. Yuina didn’t need to know that though, as she started to backpedal from the historian. “Maybe next time, when Howard’s ready to part with another truckload of shit.

Good luck with your stuff, though,” June called over her shoulder. With that, she half-walked-half-jogged out of the museum. Not just because she knew she’d get trapped in there if she humored the historian, but because she needed the motion to wake her up.

She chugged the rest of her energy drink on the way, and tossed it into the recycling bin as she returned to the outside world. Knight stood right where he had dropped the pile of boxes. He glared at her through squinted eyes, yet kept his beak shut. He’d gotten his break. The agreement had been kept, even if it left a sour, bitter taste in his throat. 

Two tired, sleepy beings took back to the skies, pallet in tow. They needed to return this and not crash to the ground or another flier. Hard to do with half-covered eyes.