March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
An Alto Maren Treat [M][C/Ivy]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 4:20:35 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Mamma Mia's, an Alto Maren restaurant in downtown Lilycove City, was packed every night of the week. Their entrance hall was festive, with a Christmas tree in the corner, decorated with lights and peppermint canes. Due to it being same-day, Shalin's reservation with was very late: an hour and a half past the Captain's normal supper time. It was better than having to wait in the front, and the food was worth it. Not cheap, but it was a treat. They also gave patrons so much food that most would have enough for two or even three meals. It was one of those places that it was not unusual to come out of feeling stuffed.

The room that Shalin and Ivy were seated in was a bit louder than she would have liked, a party of twenty-four taking up the center of the room. It looked like a sports team of some kind celebrating over something. Their jerseys looked like they were from a hockey team, but Shalin wasn't sure; unlike the Mauville Gym Leader, she knew very little about sports. "Thanks for the help again, Ivy," the green-haired Captain spoke up.

{WC: 193}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

ivy

she/her
february 4
rustboro city
bisexual
none
civillian
single
9 height
9 height
awards
38 posts
ivy ashton DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ivy
ivy ashton
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2023 9:32:14 GMT
ivy ashton Avatar

Ivy was still beaming with excitement and relief. Earlier this day she had visited one of the flats she had found online that were looking for new tenants. A small sweet place all for herself! The one she had seen today checked all the boxes, and she hoped dearly that they would choose her instead of any other applicant. She was so tired of being a guest at 's at this point. Not because Velvet was a bad host or because she didn't like her and the flat, but moreso because she didn't want to be a stranger in someone else's private haven any longer. She assumed it must be tiresome to have someone over for weeks on end..

Well, hopefully she'd be able to move out this or next month.

The festive decor in this restaurant that Shalin had suggested made Ivy feel jolly. Things were good in her life, overall.

"No, thank you, too! That poor thing.. I hope it's still doing okay out there," Ivy replied to what Shalin had said. That poor Salazzle from the other day..

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2023 23:17:47 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"The Rangers will take good care of it, rest assured," Shalin replied. "They'll get it back into the wild, or worst case, find someone to take care of it." It was common practice for both injured and unruly Pokémon: get them the help they needed, rehabilitate them, and release them back into the wild or get them in the hands of people that loved them. "So what are you thinking tonight? Pizza or pasta?"

After how well she had handled the poison-type, Shalin had recruitment on the mind. It was one duty of the Captains, after all! "I think you've got the talent for it. Ever thought about Ranging part time?" she asked Ivy. "It's all contracts, pay per job, so you can work as much or as little as you want." There were, of course, a minimum amount of work per month needed to qualify for benefits, but by and large, Rangers were free to set their own schedules.

Shalin's Captain duties made her feel otherwise. She got good pay and good benefits, but did her job ever make her earn them.

{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

ivy

she/her
february 4
rustboro city
bisexual
none
civillian
single
9 height
9 height
awards
38 posts
ivy ashton DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ivy
ivy ashton
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 1:09:13 GMT
ivy ashton Avatar

After ordering a bowl of pasta once the waiter arrived at their table, Ivy was positively surprised to hear Shalin's suggestion.

"Really? I mean, I do need some job soon."  and her had discussed Ivy helping with the behind the scenes duties of her band, but otherwise she had no consistent income. And if she could make money while helping animals like the Salazzle they had saved, it would be the ideal solution. She would have enough income for this new flat of hers as well.

"I'd love this, yeah," she restatet. "Where do I, like, go? To sign up? Or what do I have to do to become a Ranger?"

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 18:38:28 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin did not feel like pasta; she instead ordered a small meat-lovers pizza. "Oh, and can we get a half-order of garlic bread and a half-order of pizza bread?" she asked the waiter before they took off.

Once they were alone at the table, Shalin answered Ivy's concern. "As Captain, I manage Rustboro's Ranger operations. You can talk to me in my office if you want to report to Rustboro, or you can talk to any of the Ranger Captains about it. You can also talk to Head Ranger directly."

Ivy seemed to have more questions about the application process, too. "There are two tests you'll need to pass: a written test and a practical test. The written test makes sure you have the Pokémon knowledge needed for common tickets you'll be working. The practical test will include things like calming Pokémon, rescuing Pokémon in training environments... interacting with them in general without using violence. If you're used to the trainer side of raising Pokémon, it can be a big adjustment." She remembered her own test of taming a giant Linoone in a training environment... by riding on its back and avoiding being flung off.

{PC: 3}