Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 20:33:46 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi pulled away, feeling only slightly awkward for having hugged Andrea rather unceremoniously. She cleared her throat, focusing on the other woman's next question.[break][break]
If she had not already heard about this League RKS Machine from , she would have been more intrigued. The shock of learning that the League had their own version of the simulated universe had already come and gone. So when Andrea mentioned it, Nomi did not bat an eyelash. Instead, she merely smiled, a mix of grim and weary.[break][break]
"Behind it? Perhaps. Able to infiltrate it? Absolutely."[break][break]
She glanced at Kallistatus, thinking back to when they had first met.[break][break]
"Isaac and I were attacked by a member of the DRK Triad named Nisa Holo in the RKS Machine a few months ago. It was during that fight that the Unown made me their Avatar. This one - " she nodded at the shiny blue Unown-K, " - betrayed its former mistress and joined me."[break][break]
Now her smile turned fond, sincere affection for the symbol Pokemon plainly visible.[break][break]
"The DRK Triad treat the Unown like tools. I offered them love instead."
[break][break][break]

[break]
NOTESMission[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,672 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 10:28:10 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Instead of the Rocket scientist being shocked that the League also had access to the simulation, it was Andrea being shocked to hear about the DRK Triad’s infiltration.

She was pretty sure the white-haired lady from that one level was AI-generated, but what if she wasn’t? What if she was the same woman from the Tiered Tea Room, in the flesh?

“Them being able to do that is concerning. I’m glad you at least made a friend out of it!” The young PokéManiac remarked with an honest smile of her own. “What about you, Kalli? Do you love your new avatar?” She asked the floating eyeball.
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 15:33:23 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Kallistatus flipped around in mid-air when Andrea addressed it, zipping down to circle Nomi like it was a miniature moon orbiting a planet. Nomi chuckled, recognizing the reaction as a sign of affirmation. It was confirming its loyalty to Nomi as something more than just duty: it was real affection.[break][break]
"I can tell that your Pokemon love you, too," Nomi commented, eyeing Junior and his family still grazing nearby. "The enemies of this world tend to scoff at our attempts to befriend Pokemon, but that makes them the fools."[break][break]
Nomi's expression sobered once more, feeling suddenly tired.[break][break]
"I don't want you or your Pokemon to get hurt, Andrea, but everyone has a part to play in the war to come. The Triad fears Avatars, and while it is true that we have the most firepower at our fingertips, anyone can make a difference in the fight to preserve our world."[break][break]
The Unown were excellent spies, but there simply weren't enough of them to keep watch over every corner of the region. And, in terms of battle, skilled trainers would always be needed.[break][break]
"Can I count on you to alert me if you ever come across a member of the DRK Triad, or think you've found evidence of their meddling? And if you run into one of my Rocket peers...try not to fight them. I'm not asking you to forgo defending yourself, if you're being attacked, but...we need to do our best to de-escalate the faction conflict."[break][break]
The more people committed to the cause, the better. On both sides.
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,672 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 7:59:22 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The flamboyant cosplayer chuckled back at Kallistatus’ wholesome display of affection. She’d never thought Unown could be this cute, yet here they were. It reaffirmed the old saying: There were no evil Pokémon, only evil trainers.

As of yet, neither of them had met a certain dog, monkey, and bird that would disprove that statement.

The Visionary asserted that, even though Andrea was no avatar, she too had a role to play in the fight against the DRK Triad. She’d already been unwittingly involved in their affairs many times. “Don’t worry, I won’t get hurt. The only ones getting hurt will be them for trying to mess with our region!”

The woman’s last request gave her pause. “I… I’ll try, but only if they’re not being mean or acting super suspicious!” Keeping such a promise would not be so easy, since the majority of Rockets fit that description, as her future confrontation with would prove.

“Can I suggest something?” The draconic maiden added, meekly. “If we wanna de-escalate the conflict, why not get a bunch of people from both sides in one room and have them just talk their differences out?”

Alas, the only way some of those people would ever agree to be in the same room as their mortal enemies would be if they were put there against their will. That would make that room feel more like a prison; a penitentiary.
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 3:20:48 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Andrea's enthusiasm was admirable, and Nomi chuckled as the other woman vigorously promised to make their shared enemies pay. As for Rocket, her stance was to be expected.[break][break]
"I am doing my best to convince my fellow Rockets to...not be so mean, or suspicious." That was one way of putting it, anyway.[break][break]
Nomi was surprised to hear the other woman's voice lower slightly, taking on a more hesitant quality as she offered Nomi advice. The Rocket Head Scientist cocked her head, intrigued. Ah - but the suggestion was one she'd heard before. One she'd considered countless times, in fact.[break][break]
"It's a good idea," Nomi nodded. "Ideal, in fact." There was just one issue... "The problem is one of escalation. In order for it to work, we'd need to...guarantee that the most powerful people on both sides were subdued enough to actually listen to me. And to one another."[break][break]
Avatars, Elite Four, Gym Leaders, Underbosses...locking Hoenn's most dangerous in a room and hoping they'd be able to sort out their differences would only work if they couldn't immediately annihilate one another on sight. Certainly I'd need to dampen Avatar abilities somehow...[break][break]
Everyone on equal footing. Everyone forced to traverse common ground. Everyone made to confront the threat that plagued all of them, that did not discriminate between Rocket and League.[break][break]
"Until I think of a solution to that problem, I will continue approaching leaders on both sides one by one..."[break][break]
She had to keep going. Had to make every conversation count.
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,672 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 20:39:43 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Good idea? Now that was a combination of words the eccentric trainer was not used to hearing. There was a catch, of course, because there always was. Any substantial change needed to happen on a top-down level, and the people at the top did not always see eye to eye.

"Maybe they won't have to listen to just you, but to us--to everyone!" Andrea had a sudden epiphany, her face alight with optimism. "Yes, that's it! If the people are loud enough, then their leaders will HAVE to listen!"

The voice of the people was a powerful tool. Was that not the essence of democracy? When the people were silent, those at the top took it as a carte blanche to do anything they wanted no matter who got impacted by their decisions.

"Hoo boy, that almost got political!" The young PokéManiac remarked with a chuckle. "What I'm trying to say is you don't have to do this on your own. I wanna help any way I can. If you need a venue, for example, my Gym's always been open to Rocket members."
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights