awards
1,640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 19:07:05 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Even during holiday season, work in the Vaneau family ranch never stopped. The breeding ranch that also occasionally served as a minor Gym housed all sorts of Pokémon that were in need of constant care. Sometimes, Andrea herself had to pitch in. Most of the 'mons here were ones she had caught, after all.

Feeding the Dragon-types? Check. Watering the Grass-types? Check. Making sure the Fire-types had enough blankets to keep them warm? Check. Making sure the Fire-types didn't accidentally burn their blankets? Double check.

The only task that remained was cleaning the Ground-types. Due to their natural aversion to water, extra care was required. A wet rag and a mild detergent usually did the trick. Soap was not recommended, since it could be troublesome to wash off.

Standing on top of a stool, the young PokéManiac gently scrubbed her Rhyperior's rugged frame, the bipedal rhinoceros grunting in protest. "No whining, Donna. You're a big girl." Said the dragon-costumed woman. "Don't you wanna look pretty for Barron?" She pointed at a proud Aggron whose armor was already glistening.

Donna became more docile after getting the first few complaints out of her system. Nearby, a Nidoking and a Nidoqueen were munching on two halves of a berry. Not too far from them, a Garchomp was napping in a curled up position. All in all, this was thus far a peaceful, uneventful day.
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,325 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 2:19:32 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

She didn't necessarily mean to disturb the napping Garchomp, but creating dimensional doorways wasn't an exact science - not yet, anyway. Nomi had mastered the ability to create the portals, but placing them in an ideal spot wasn't always guaranteed. As the rift opened up - a rippling tear in reality - Nomi immediately had to hop to the side to avoid stepping on the dragon's tail. "Oh! Sorry," she apologized, beckoning for Kallistatus to follow her across the yard towards their intended destination.[break][break]
The shiny Unown-K drifted after Nomi, already familiar with the Vaneau Ranch. It had been the one to find this place, after all. had informed the young woman who lived here how to catch the attention of The Visionary, so it had only been a matter of time before an Unown had noticed.[break][break]
Nomi made her way past the hungry Nidoking and Nidoqueen, marveling at the well-constructed ranch: lush green fields, rustic fencing, cozy enclosures. It was a homey, cheerful place. And best of all - it seemed quite private: no other humans in sight.[break][break]
"Hello," she greeted pleasantly, approaching the young woman currently cleaning off an impressive Rhyperior. The dragon costume gave her away: Nomi had done her research, and had learned rather quickly that was considered something of a cosplay expert. "I heard you were interested in speaking with me."
[break][break][break]

[break]
NOTESMission[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 22:08:57 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The Garchomp tensed up at the sudden appearance of an interdimensional portal, flicking its tail in agitation. Poking a sleeping dragon was generally never a good idea, but the quick apology prevented the situation from escalating. With a snort, the landshark went back to sleep.

The shiny Nido-couple treated the unexpected visitor with some trepidation, but did not engage. They continued to gorge themselves on berries, but kept a close eye on her. The ranch was indeed the epitome of rural life, teeming with all sorts of critters and no humans save for the one.

Finally, the Aggron glared at the mystery woman, protectively raising its arms over the Rhyperior. That Aggron was male, while the Rhyperior was female. It was trying to protect its mate from a possible threat--a common behavior amongst the species.

"H-hello..." Andrea hesitantly greeted the stranger back, feeling slightly unsettled by the presence of the Symbol Pokémon. It didn't take long for her to put two and two together. "You're the Visionary, aren't you? And that Unown is your friend?" She asked.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,325 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 2:05:04 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It was then that Nomi actually wondered to herself - how had this young woman found out about her? It was true that Nomi had been deliberately outing herself as The Visionary to the League government, keeping her true identity a secret from all save and . was nobody important - or rather, Nomi had looked into her background, and though the woman was a minor gym leader, she was not necessarily privy to accessing classified government reports.[break][break]
Ah, but there was one other person involved with the League who knew that Naomi Sato was The Visionary. Nomi trusted him with her life.[break][break]
"Yes," she greeted, smiling pleasantly. "I am The Visionary. And this is Kallistatus, who is indeed one of my dearest friends."[break][break]
The shiny Unown-K bobbed up and down as if proud to be referred to as such.[break][break]
"It seems you know another friend of mine. Did tell you about me?"
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 20:09:29 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Her Unown had a nickname? The way it bobbed up and down was kinda cute. It was hard to imagine how the DRK Triad could use those things to carry out assassinations and other villainous deeds. "Nice to meet you, Kalli!" Andrea reached out a hand, and--if allowed--would pet the floating eyeball creature.

"Yes, he did." The young cosplayer responded to the question about . Had the former grunt not told the Visionary about their little talk at the beach? How had the Unown avatar even known where to find her? Was she psychic? There were a lot of questions Andrea wanted to ask, but one of them took precedence.

"He said you're one of the people who want the war to end. Is that true?"

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,325 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 1:04:24 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Kalli? Nomi blinked, then giggled. The impromptu nickname for Kallistatus reminded her of , which triggered a pang of mixed emotions - primarily fondness, but also, anxiety. Parker did not know that she was meeting with League folks like this. And And this one happened to be a friend of Isaac's, which made things even more complicated.[break][break]
You're one of the people who want the war to end.[break][break]
Nomi's smiled faded, and her expression turned contemplative, eyes growing distant. If only it were that simple.[break][break]
"I won't lie to you, Andrea," Nomi murmured, with a hint of sadness. "If you're hoping for an end to war...well, the war has only just begun."[break][break]
The war for Hoenn's survival, that was. The meteor had been the first real battle, the catalyst in a string of near-catastrophic circumstances perpetuated by the DRK Triad's insistence that their universe ought to be destroyed.[break][break]
"But...if it's the Rocket and League conflict you're concerned about, you can rest assured that I very much wish for that to end. Expeditiously."
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 14:51:58 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The hint of sadness in the Visionary’s tone did not go unnoticed. Did it mean that even someone as powerful as her--someone who’d managed to turn the DRK Triad’s own weapon against them--was powerless to change the future?

Something peeked at the pink-haired woman from behind the Rhyperior’s leg. It was a baby Rhyhorn, much smaller than the adult ones usually found in the wild. Mama Rhyperior showed off her child with pride, as if to say ‘Look, I made this.’

Andrea smiled warmly. “That’s Junior. He’s the son of Donna and Barron.” She perked up at the mention of the Rocket and League conflict. “Yeah, that’s the war I was talking about! It needs to end expeditiously so that we can focus on the real enemy!”

Expeditiously. She liked that word.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,325 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 3:04:44 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi knelt so that she was eye-level with Junior, who was, she had to admit, adorable. She held out her hand, smiling gently, coaxing the baby Rhyhorn with soft clicks of her tongue. Kallistatus floated down to circle the Rhyperior, curious but somewhat wary of a mother's protective wrath.[break][break]
"Precisely," she nodded to Andrea. "The real enemy is the DRK Triad." She paused, then glanced up at the other woman. "Have you heard of them?"[break][break]
The average citizen likely had no clue, but Andrea seemed to have more League connections than Nomi had originally anticipated - at the very least, Isaac ought to have given her some warning in terms of what they were all up against.
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 23:12:40 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The Visionary was allowed to pet the baby Rhyhorn, who was quite receptive to affection. Naturally, the baby's parents kept a close eye on her. If the woman tried anything funny, their parental wrath would even rival an avatar's powers.

Andrea smiled at the interaction, but her smile waned when a particular group was mentioned. "Not just heard of them... I've met them too." More than once, in fact. The eccentric girl started recounting each encounter with the nefarious, interdimensional cabal.

"In the Tiered Tea Room, we met a white-haired lady, who showed us a weird Pokémon. It looked kinda like Thundurus, except pink and girly." She exposited.

"Then, in The Cloud, we met a scientist with crazy hair called... Malaria? Macarena? Macadamia? Anyway, he said that, although he was a member of the triad, he wanted to help us... by trying to kill us." She continued.

"I'm pretty sure it was Holo who summoned Kyurem after we stopped Meteno, though she was dressed like a ninja for some reason." She went on.

But wait, there was more. "Oh, and just earlier this week, Father Winter appeared in my room while I was sleeping, which was weird and creepy. He told me to change the course of history, and then sent me into an alternate timeline."

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,325 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 22:19:11 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Met them?[break][break]
Nomi's eyes widened, expression growing more surprised - and intrigued - as Andrea recounted her various experiences with the DRK Triad.[break][break]
"Maldacena," she corrected automatically. Her hand hovered in the air, her enthusiastic petting of the baby Rhyhorn completely forgotten. "And yes, I - along with a colleague of mine - captured Nisa Holo after the Meteno incident. We were able to interrogate her for a brief time - too brief." Her brow furrowed as she recalled the interrogation with . "The white haired woman you described - from the tea room, was it? - she rescued Holo. Dragged her through a portal before we could stop her..."[break][break]
The mention of Father Winter sobered Nomi into silence. She, too, had been approached by the enigmatic man, and what he had showed her had been disturbing, to say the least. But not surprising, she knew. The detached, highly logical, painstakingly clinical part of her brain that made her an excellent scientist had always understood, on some intrinsic level, that there was surely a universe out there where she had made different choices...choices that aligned with her current enemy.[break][break]
"He came to me, too," she murmured. "What happened in the other timeline, Andrea?"
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 10:57:26 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
“Right, Maldacena. That guy.” The dragon-hooded girl nodded. Between that and the white-haired lady’s group, Hexadecimal, the DRK Triad really needed to pick up easier names.

The Rocket scientist had some intel of her own to share regarding Nisa Holo’s capture and subsequent escape. “I see. You were in Meteno too? Sorry if Chomper’s Draco Meteor gave you trouble…” Said Andrea apologetically.

That time she had ordered her Hydreigon to carpet bomb a bunch of Rockets was not one of her proudest moments. Even she was not immune to the League’s propaganda painting Team Rocket as the ultimate evil.

At the Visionary’s next question, the girl visibly hesitated. “Uhm… Nothing important. It’s just an alternate timeline, so who cares, right?” She murmured back, while awkwardly rubbing her forearm.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,325 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 3:40:34 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It all blurred together for her now, so Nomi had no idea if Andrea's Pokemon had deterred her during Meteno. Strange to think that she had been actively fighting the League back then. Foolish, really. Rocket had been able to capture Nisa Holo for a brief time, but if Rocket and League had been working together, what else might they have accomplished?[break][break]
They'd all survived Meteno by the skin of their teeth.[break][break]
"Actually, it matters quite a bit," Nomi explained, though she gentled her tone at the sight of Andrea's obvious apprehension. Whatever Father Winter had showed her, it had clearly rattled the young woman. Nomi could relate, of course[break][break]
But they needed to push past discomfort, if they were going to have a chance at saving their region.[break][break]
"The DRK Triad is trying to learn important things about all of us, things that might help them accomplish their goal of destroying the Origin Point - er, Hoenn." She paused, trying to make sure she wasn't speaking too cryptically. "So what I mean is, anything you're willing to share could be important. I'd like to hear about it...but I won't force you, of course."[break][break]
She might be a Rocket, but she'd never been a bully.
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 14:46:39 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
There was no room to dance around the subject. The Visionary was there for a reason, and her time was too precious to be wasted on Andrea's indecisiveness. "OK fine..." The dragon-hooded girl sighed in defeat, hugging the baby Rhyhorn like an emotional support animal.

"Before Father Winter visited me, I wrote him a letter wishing for peace between the League and Rocket. So he sent me to a timeline where that exact thing happened. In that world, had become the new Commissioner, and he was working together with to ensure Hoenn's survival... Except their way of doing that involved destroying every other universe. Sea Hoenn, Land Hoenn, Megalopolis... I tried to stop them from doing such a horrible thing, but I failed. And then... I kinda got crazy and summoned Kyurem to freeze all of Hoenn."

By the time she was finished with her exposition, tears were streaming from her eyes. This was the first time she had spoken to anyone about those events, and replaying those scenes in her head hurt just as much as when she had experienced them first hand.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,325 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 15:36:12 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Andrea's sorrow was heartbreaking, the way she so clearly regretted her alternate self's actions. Nomi had been shaken by her own experience with Father Winter, but she had understood on a deeply intrinsic level that it had always been a possibility: a harsh truth she had known all along, based on her research. But Andrea was no scientist - she had likely been unprepared for the reality of what encountering one of her alternate selves might be like...the choices she might have made, if things were different.[break][break]
"I'm sorry," Nomi whispered, stepping forward. In one smooth motion, she gathered Andrea into a hug.[break][break]
"What he did was unfair. The DRK Triad don't ask for consent, they simply force their will upon us."[break][break]
She paused, considering how to proceed. Nomi was no expert at comforting others. In fact, she tended to be blunt when gentleness was called for, favoring practicality and logic over emotions.[break][break]
"If Kyurem returns to this Hoenn, we'll make sure that doesn't happen. I promise."
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
A Visionary Visit [M]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 10:24:06 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea was taken aback when the other woman enveloped her in a comforting--if slightly awkward--hug. The woman's rank within the crime syndicate did not matter at that moment. League or Rocket, people experienced pain and sorrow in the same way.

Little did the Visionary know that she would have to make good on her promise sooner than she thought. At the dawn of the new year, the dragon would sow its teeth, delivering ominous prophecies leftward and rightward.

"I won't let that happen either..." The young PokéManiac said with a sniffle, breaking the hug first. "There's another thing... I think the DRK Triad might be behind the RKS Simulation. Do you know anything about that?" She asked the female scientist.
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights