Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 18:06:54 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I'm not 'teasing' him," she snapped defensively, finding the very idea as abhorrent as the abandoned tea on the coffee table. Her arms crossed as she listened to his explanation, considering it for a moment.[break][break]

What was the difference, really? Insecurity, jealousy, didn't they result in the same thing? Maybe she was bad at reading people, because to her, the sensations seemed exactly the same.[break][break]

The fact she personally exhibited the behavior that described didn't once occur to her.[break][break]

"He just makes absurd demands and gets upset when I don't say what he wants. I don't know. He's very childish about these things."[break][break]

Her leg swayed restlessly and irritably at this perception, annoyed despite herself.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 17:47:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"well, you're not wrong. like i said, insecure."

he should probably explain the connection of his conclusion to elisabeth's judgement so she has a better understanding of the situation, but the reasoning is lost on kyle.

"you're probably doing it though, whether intentional or not, but he ignores it anyways if he likes you, which looks like he does."

kyle leans back to his seat.

"it's easy to get him on board with things if it makes your situation better. just be honest, but you don't exactly have to be direct with your words."

it makes sense for kyle, who can easily manage to piece together a string of words that cater to what matias wants to hear, while also conveying the message kyle wants to give.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 2:26:06 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

A strange thought clicked into place as she listened, and she fixed him with a quizzical look.[break][break]

"Aren't you his friend?" she asked pointedly. "Shouldn't you..."[break][break]

Not be telling me things like this?[break][break]

She let the words die off, unable to finish the sentence as she returned her attention to the peculiar mugs on the table. In so many ways, they reminded Elisabeth of how removed her life was from the one the two of them lived.[break][break]

Though she'd found herself here in League apparel regardless, in front of the Champion of Hoenn no less.[break][break]

Fate could have a cruelly mocking sense of humor.[break][break]

"I don't think he really likes me, to be honest with you," she sighed. "He thinks he does, but he doesn't. He's just too stubborn to give up once he's put his mind to something."[break][break]

It was one of his more frustrating qualities.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 4:45:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he blinks when elisabeth fails to finish a sentence, but lets it die off when she does.

"he likes you enough to force himself to get interested," he affirms her. "maybe your definition differs from his, but it's the truth that he gives you attention that very few people get from him."

it is exactly because he is his friend that he's telling this.

"you're also putting up with him regardless of how much you say you don't like him." she probably doesn't realize the contradiction of her statements and her actions, kyle thinks. "is it possible that there's irony in your words?"

he teases this time, hinted with a playful smirk, in an attempt to inch towards the underboss' fragile interior.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 19:19:12 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She didn't say anything at first to 's words. She stared at the coffee table as if it might give her an answer to her situation, but it offered her nothing at all.[break][break]

What had she done to earn that kind of attention from Matias, really? Nothing much, in her estimation. He'd not asked anything of her he couldn't ask from any woman.[break][break]

She told herself that, willing herself to ignore the glimpse into his mind he'd offered her on Mt. Chimney. She reminded herself that to a man like him, such a connection meant nothing at all.[break][break]

He'd not been lonely in the way she was. That would humanize him in a way that left her too uncomfortable, given the betrayal she planned to commit against him.[break][break]

"I think he wants things he can't have," she decided at last, brushing off half of his observations as if she hadn't heard them at all. "It's nothing deeper than that. He'll get tired of chasing me, eventually."[break][break]

And if he didn't, he'd wish he had. The Red Shard would make sure of it.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 3:17:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"companionship." it's the one thing he cannot have. "but you aren't wrong with your assessment."

he can't have it with the league since his radical mindset doesn't fit the league's values, and desperation drives him to cross the border between two sides.

"he's clinging on to you since you have something he can relate with. it's different from him and i, since i'm the one that wants him close."

he gets up to get their cups from the table back to the kitchen.

"i would suggest trying to find that one thing you have in common and ruin it for him to break his obsession with you, but i really need you around so he doesn't bother the next person."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 4:35:13 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"If it was just companionship, he'd be satisfied. But that isn't what he claims he wants."[break][break]

Elisabeth stood up, shaking her head with a small, exasperated sigh. As peculiar as this encounter was, part of her felt relieved for it, and acknowledging that was strange.[break][break]

The oddity that was her relationship with defied her own understanding, and it remained a topic she was unable to broach with anyone with any great honesty. Not even , who found the entire thing amusing from afar.[break][break]

"I don't love him, you know," she said suddenly, turning to the Champion. "Not the way he wants me to."[break][break]

For some reason she needed to establish that, to him if not anyone else. It led her to her next confession, one that she treated as a prelude to a farewell.[break][break]

"The only thing we have in common is that we both find ourselves misunderstood. I don't see that changing."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 17:38:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"given that matias doesn't even know himself, i can see that."

elisabeth would soon hear the clink of their mugs against the sink, accompanied by running water.

"it doesn't matter for me, at least, and matias has me around. would you say he's trying to be the same to you?"

the water from the faucet stops. kyle hastily wipes his wet hands on his pants to dry it like any child after doing their chores.

"you don't have to love him back the same way. he doesn't seem to care what kind of attention he gets as long as it's, well, attention."

that had been their dynamic ever since the dream to galar. kyle feels guilty, but he hangs on to ignorance being bliss for forgetting most of what had happened during that nap.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 23:13:36 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Her intention had been to depart, but something in Kyle's words made her hesitate.[break][break]

Had Matias ever really listened to her at all? That question seemed difficult to answer, actually.[break][break]

"I think... he doesn't understand what I want. And knowing that frustrates him."[break][break]

He'd made so many grand assumptions about her, thinking that she craved an end to her loneliness with unconditional acceptance. She'd denied that, because of course she didn't need those things. They only caused greater confusion and calamity.[break][break]

Hesitance flickered in her eyes despite herself.[break][break]

"What's your read on the situation, then? As someone who understands him better than he understands himself."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 3:42:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you overthink things," he answers bluntly.

that's the plain answer she gets after kyle goes through dives in logic to reach to that conclusion without openly discussing his own reasons first.

"you try to find a deeper reasoning for his actions even when your own observations point to him following simple logic."

he sits back to his chair, lazily slumping against it as he faces the underboss for a continuation of their talk.

"i think it's best for you to take him at face value," he concludes. "you'll hurt yourself trying to reason with the unreasonable. it's good for the league, i suppose, but it's pretty bad for the person who has to handle the aftermath."

if elisabeth overcomplicates things, it is matias who would attempt to smooth it over.

if matias smooths it over, it is the league that has to met out appropriate punishment for that behavior.

if the league has made things difficult for matias, it is kyle that has to soothe him to prevent another outburst.

"the person is me, by the way. i just need to get that out of the way in case you question my motives for this interaction again."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 4:37:02 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She listened, but she wasn't sure she understood him. She struggled to imagine Matias trying to 'smooth things' over with her in any meaningful way, much less in a way that might infuriate the League more than they already had.[break][break]

He could be reckless, but she didn't imagine he'd throw away his power and influence over her fickle moods.[break][break]

"I think I'm overthinking again," she said suddenly, blinking slowly as if escaping a trance of her own making. "You have to understand, taking someone like Matias at his word is... difficult."[break][break]

'Dangerous' was the word she wanted to use, but didn't.[break][break]

She exhaled, glancing back towards where the Champion returned to his chair.[break][break]

"What does taking him at his word look like?" she asked, uncertain.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 18:38:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"have you ever heard of the corrupt-a-wish game?" he asks.

a person makes a wish, and the next person is supposed to add caveats that turn the wish to something horrific. it's a common theme to many stories, and something he hopes elisabeth knows so he doesn't need to explain further.

"you aren't wrong, but what i'm saying is that he technically doesn't lie when he promises something. it just happens that he has a skewed perspective on how things needed to be done."

kyle straightens his back.

"if there's no way to anticipate this, then it's best to just accept that he will go above and beyond. the unpredictable becomes predictable this way."

"any more questions on how to handle him?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 0:52:14 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I'm not sure any questions will help," she admitted, thinking back on the strange conversation in full. All this advice felt like a contradiction to her:[break][break]

Don't overthink, but don't expect him to exactly act on his word, either.[break][break]

He's simple, but he can make things needlessly complicated.[break][break]

He likes you, but he probably doesn't know what he wants.[break][break]

At least, this was her take on the bizarre situation. She shook her head of the peculiar thoughts, returning her attention to the door as her hand found purchase on her Pokeball once more.[break][break]

"It's not my desire to create more work for you, but I can't promise my desire is to lessen your workload, either."[break][break]

When her Butterfree emerged, Elisabeth stayed with one moment longer than she'd planned to, briefly delaying her escape his company.[break][break]

"Is there anything you'd wish for me to know, before it's too late for me to know it?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 2:13:42 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he could tease her about how easy she changes within an encounter. it wouldn't be difficult to see how the councilman got to her if her aggression wasn't misplaced.

still, he stops himself from making a comment about it. doing so undoes everything. instead, a solemn smile takes place at the same time as his solace in the current situation.

"the way you talk to me right now-- you should try that with him." casual. cordial. lighthearted.

kyle makes himself comfortable in his seat, eyes watching the butterfree rather than her.

"you understand the difference in your own demeanor if someone was to talk to you with distrust or not, yes? he already made up his mind so it won't stop him from pursuing you, but it makes him less agitated, easier to predict."

his stance on the seat gets more casual in the midst of the underboss. legs spread, head leaning to an arm propped up against the chair's armrests, and a pleasant expression usually reserved for friends showcased.

"groudon's influence already makes him a wildcard. you could be in the blast zone if someone he trusts unexpectedly triggers an unwanted reaction from him."

she has the option to make the situation better or worse, and kyle knows both options are arguably good for someone like her. any doubt she has about herself needs to be cast away if it was to work.

kyle's emerging hero complex has progressed into an ability to UPLIFT THE SPIRITS of willing people around him.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 5:46:34 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

His words had no reason to be inspiring in the slightest, but something in the way he spoke them conveyed a sincerity that startled her.[break][break]

Was it the mantle of being a Champion that made him so... persuasive, for lack of a better word? His presence was so concerningly soothing, when it shouldn't be.[break][break]

"You're right that I do always view him with distrust," she admitted, though she certainly had every right to do so. "And you are right that expressing caution has only made him all the more aggressive with me. My disdain seems to only fan the flames of his pursuit, though what little kindness I give is interpreted as proof of feeling."[break][break]

Her fingers curled tighter around the empty Pokeball as she sighed in defeat.[break][break]

"Whatever I do, as you said, he's made up his mind. I can't change him. I can only adjust my own behavior to evoke the most optimal response."[break][break]

Some part of her had already learned to do so. She'd deescalated the rage of his fury with affection, finding it an alarmingly successful tool in her arsenal. Conflating the language of love and violence had always been a struggle for her; old habits, she supposed, had a way of resurfacing.[break][break]

"You've given me much to think upon. When next I see him, I'll try a... gentler approach."[break][break]

She didn't elaborate further before she let the TELEPORT carry her away, the concentration in her eyes already betraying how much thought she'd given to the matter despite his counsel.[break][break]

There was perhaps a comfort to be had in consistency.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]