kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 6:57:15 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
matias was out.

he was meant to visit him for news about kyogre, but he supposed he picked an inopportune timing. it was compounded by strong snowfall and blizzards outside, causing him to take shelter in the only structure around.

an outage occurs, causing everything to be pitch black. not wanting to stay in the cold, kyle had fixed the necessary changes and connected matias' electricity to a generator at the basement.

once basic maintenance was done, the lighting starts working. the candle he left by the living room finds itself a companion, who kyle assumes had figured matias was home because of the light it gave off, cause who else would leave candlelight unattended.

"oh, hey!" he greets. "fancy seeing you here."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 7:33:34 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

Elisabeth had sworn up and down she wouldn't return to 's little ranch in the middle of nowhere.[break][break]

For one, it was under absurd levels of surveillance from the League. It was just asking to get arrested, which was why she'd kept that hideous League hoodie for these visits. Supposedly she'd been mistaken for last time. Fortunate they shared eye color and hair color, really.[break][break]

For another, it meant giving the Elite Four the impression they were more intimate than two individuals in a mutually beneficial alliance, and the more distance she built between their personal lives, the better that arrangement would remain. Particularly since he seemed determined to blur those lines as much as she'd allow him.[break][break]

And finally, there were possibilities like this one: encountering unwanted company.[break][break]

In her defense, teleporting here with her Butterfree had been conducted with intentional timing. She'd believed Matias would be out conducting some Elite Four duty or another -- she wasn't sure where she'd caught a glimpse of his schedule, but she remembered, though she didn't care to interrogate herself why -- but his resulting absence nonetheless made her timing ideal.[break][break]

She'd left a small note for him on his mantle, only for the sound of 's voice to startle her into letting out a small shriek.[break][break]

"What are you--?" she started to say, before she stopped herself. It didn't matter. "Never mind. Do you intend to allow me to leave peacefully, or will this be a repeat of the island?"[break][break]

Her Butterfree flitted behind her, ready to cast SLEEP POWDER should the need arise.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 8:17:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"why would i do that? i'm off duty."

he wears casual clothing in the form of a poochyena hoodie and sweatpants that are meant to be comfort wear as opposed to his sygna suit, or any other uniform he usually wears in operations.

"you could give me a reason to do so," he offers, "or you can chill here and wait out the blizzard with me, myself and i."

he goes to the kitchen to wash his hands on the sink, shouting to continue the conversation as he moves from one room of the house to another. turning his back on her poses confidence, as well as a way to give her assurance that he doesn't care.

"besides, matias barely has any friends. taking you in for fun will just make him lose two at the same time."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 8:25:32 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Was drunk?[break][break]

She stood still, slightly dumbfounded as he rambled on about being off the clock, and mildly wondered if she should be insulted. Did he think she wasn't a viable enough threat from Rocket to treat her like any other underboss? It was difficult to see him being so nonchalant about, say, .[break][break]

But then she recalled what had said of him, and another equally uncomfortable thought emerged: How much does he know about us?[break][break]

Only when he mentioned the blizzard outside did it fully register, and she blinked, unsure if she should be grateful or irritable at this additional shrouding from prying eyes outside.[break][break]

"...We're not friends," she corrected him, awkwardly realizing that she and the Champion were wearing what she presumed were both League-brand hoodies. His seemed more tailored to his own unique preferences as Champion, a Poochyena smiling up from soft fabric, and Elisabeth looked away uncomfortably. "And if we were friends, I find it hard to believe you'd be supportive of that arrangement."[break][break]

Everything in her screamed this was some trap of some kind, her hand refusing to leave the Pokeball at her waist.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 17:10:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"he told me you were a friend! huh. anyways, don't worry about that part. i'm not a fan of what he does either way, but it's something i needed."

it really wasn't hard to think that he condones matias' behavior since he still keeps his relationship with him. while he doesn't exactly support any of his activities, it wasn't in his control

"the important thing is matias considers you one. that's a win-win. you get to take whatever you want from him, and i don't have to deal with an unstable groudon avatar since it looks like he found his anchor for now."

given the current circumstances, that's the best solution kyle has right now to keep the status quo. he's already teetering the edge by choosing to be a neutral party in a fight with clear sides. elisabeth, however, remains to be the buffer kyle needs to balance matias' stability and his life outside of him.

kyle dries his hands by shaking them in the air. "if you ask me, it's better for it to be a rocket than someone he works with. you hang out with him. you get me, right? and i guess i'll also take this opportunity to thank you for taking care of him for me."

he looks at matias' cupboards, looking for any sort of tea he can use. from the living room, elisabeth can hear the running water fill an electric kettle.

"coffee or tea?" he asks.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 19:18:08 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Pieces slowly clicked together, the puzzle solving itself with a condescending clarity.[break][break]

It wasn't that he thought she was 's girlfriend. It was that she was his new babysitter. Lovely.[break][break]

"If I'm 'stabilizing' him, then explain all the increased surveillance on him," Elisabeth said, scoffing as she crossed her arms. "I don't think a man like him enjoys stability, frankly. He needs an element of chaos in everything he does."[break][break]

She wasn't sure how much the League knew about their situation, but given 's nonchalance, she had to surmise it was almost as much as she had informed Rocket.[break][break]

From the League's behavior, however, they seemed far less convinced of Matias's ability to wield that arrangement to their personal advantage. That was a fair assumption, on all accounts.[break][break]

Her curiosity and instinctual self-preservation warred with itself as she watched the Champion busy himself in Matias's embarrassingly bare kitchen. At least he'd found something other than alcohol.[break][break]

"Tea is fine, I suppose." Her eyes narrowed at him, uncertainty glimmering in their emerald depths. "But if you're trying to poison me, though, you should know it won't end well."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 4:22:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i already told you why i need you around. do you still need more practical reasons why your death doesn't benefit me at all? he whines.

he pours both of them a cup and places the tea bag in each.

"the increased surveillance is probably because of kyogre or something. i'm not really sure. i'm not really part of the decision making process."

she did mention it once during their first meeting near the entrance of ultra deep sea.

kyle arrives with the mugs. one was designed with matias' face. the other had a ho-oh motif on it, another one of his merch that seems to hoard.

"and just because it's nearing zero doesn't mean it's not in the negatives," kyle clarifies the earlier statement. "you slow down the inevitable. in the end, it's still going to happen, but it gives us time to prepare for it."

he takes his mug (ho-oh) and makes himself comfortable.

"for the league, it's an incoming disaster. for me, it's a personal trauma. he isn't the first groudon avatar we had, you know."

the previous one was also close to kyle.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 4:48:36 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

They did seem to be friends, strangely enough. Real friends, not the false pleasantries most people who worked together shared.[break][break]

And here she was, secretly plotting to ruin the man that Kyle was thanking her for anchoring.[break][break]

"I heard about what happened to Cooper," she said, attempting and failing to sound comforting. "I suppose Groudon is a demanding deity. It wouldn't seek out simple people."[break][break]

Painful moments of silence fell as they sipped from their mugs. She looked over at the one Kyle was holding, and its logo surprised her enough to invite a change in topic.[break][break]

"Do you all just have merchandise, then?" she asked, indicating the hoodie he wore and the cup in his hands. "Between Poochyena, and Ho-oh..."[break][break]

Her words trailed off, sounding more like a string of "ho-ho-hos" as she raised her mug to realize exactly whose merchandise she was holding. She started to cough on her tea violently.[break][break]

"How narcissistic is this?" she demanded, raising the shirtless Matias cup for inspection. "This isn't a thing a normal person has in their home, is it?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 5:06:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yeah, that's the thing," he tells her with a smile. "he isn't normal."

groudon was a demanding deity. it wouldn't seek out simple people.

"the popular ones get more, and it also depends on how marketable people are." he takes a sip from his mug. "a kanto veteran and a musical idol are bound to get more, especially since they have loud personalities."

his merch comes more from the pokemon he uses in battle rather than anything else. dogs, as well as the rainbow pokemon, in a place like hoenn is bound to get customers for the pokemon itself than the person it connects to.

"he's fun, right? he's more annoying than useful though, but you get why i like to keep him around, right?"

spontaneity wasn't a rare trait to have in the region, but when you manage to make decisions that break out of the already unpredictable convention already set in place in their universe, it places someone in a tier up.

"does he make you feel like he can make a change, for better or for worse?" he asks elisabeth. it definitely leans more to the worse side of the scale.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 5:21:09 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Is he fun?" Elisabeth repeated dubiously, staring into the darkness of her tea. "Most of the experiences I've had with him are more... stressful."[break][break]

Speaking of stressful and dubious things, this tea tasted absolutely vile. She wondered if it would be rude to throw it out or not.[break][break]

She delicately placed it on the coffee table, turning it so the face wasn't visible. There. Much better.[break][break]

"But I'm not exactly considered a fun person, either," she added with some self-reflection.[break][break]

His question didn't take nearly as long to consider answering.[break][break]

"It's not about good or bad change for him, I think. Just boredom with the status quo."[break][break]

It was the only excuse for him pursuing her so single-mindedly, to her knowledge.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 7:45:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"isn't that why a lot of people travel to hoenn?" he points out. "if you want a more acceptable phrase, we can also call it a change of pace."

elisabeth faces the mug his was, causing him to involuntarily lock eyes with the on the print.

"i'm not a fun person either. that's why i need people to start fires for me. i'll just be the one responsible for finessing their mess."

he wonders how their dynamic was. the fact that she still claims not to be his friend, all while inviting herself in his home, suggests a similar relationship with them.

she could be using him, but the fact that she's open to denying the easiest excuse she could have points kyle to tropes he could have easily realized.

"oh, yeah, if he keeps stressing you out, try taking the initiative," he tells her. "he'll stop and do whatever you ask him to, kinda like a child. i told him to play video games once, and he actually dropped everything to play with me."

was it smart to tell all of these to her? probably not. he supposed he'll just have to trust matias to keep boundaries up.

"don't overdo it though. it backfires heavily."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 8:01:06 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Mm," she said noncommittally, a hand tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "When I take initiative, I think the mess worsens. It emboldens him."[break][break]

Look at what happened in Mt. Chimney, she thought to herself, though she wouldn't be idiotic enough to say that aloud. Short-term plans had unraveled into long-term consequences.[break][break]

A brief respite during war had resulted in a prolonged affair she had to keep up for appearances, not to mention keeping the ego of one of the most volatile people in the region in check.[break][break]

How had everything spiraled out like this? It defied reason, looking back at the set of dominos that had fallen one after the other.[break][break]

"Videogames sound innocent enough, though," she said, forcing a polite smile. "Unless he's a sore loser?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 15:22:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that just means you didn't push enough." there's irony in telling an enemy about a quirk of a friend he's bent on protecting. "tug the leash. he's testing you, but it should be fine. he folds easy to people he chooses."

goading a member of rocket to further control the most unstable member of the league seemed backwards, but kyle just seemed to have fun discussing about him.

subconsciously, he treats like one of those big, rowdy dogs he has to manhandle to get to work. techniques that work with them surprisingly work with the volatile, as long as he translates it to human terms.

"do you think he's the type to be a sore loser?" he questions when she pulls it up.

his eyes wander to the mug with his face again, stiffing a chuckle out when he makes a connection with her assumptions and the traits he outwardly shows.

"i can see that." most people who have a short temper do. "but he isn't. has he done anything that gives you that impression?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 1:58:09 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Well." Her fingers pinched together to indicate her small amount of uncertainty. "A little."[break][break]

had been positively gloating, crowing over Kyogre's restrained form with a gleeful relish in its suffering. When he almost died, hadn't he blamed her, when it was his own hubris at fault?[break][break]

Another image entered her mind's eye of Matias's fury amidst all the burning lava he'd summoned with Groudon, demanding that she love him and blazing with anger at not getting the answer from her that he wanted.[break][break]

He'd acted similarly that first day in Mt. Chimney, when she'd said the wrong name to the wrong Silph.[break][break]

"At the very least, he's prone to fits of jealousy, isn't he?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
shelter [m]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 9:17:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle can only hide his laugh so much since his tea has ran out.

"does it appear like that to you?" he questions elisabeth. "i guess it is easy to misread him as that."

he's not sure if he should point out that she's bad at reading people.

"he's just insecure, that's all." jealousy might be a side-effect of such feeling, but it wasn't right to label him as that when the root of all of it was a different thing. "my boy just wants recognition. he's so needy for attention that if you say he's jealous, he's probably saying 'don't look at him. look at me instead' or something along those lines."

he places his mug beside the matias one, blocking the view from his sights.

"are you teasing him with those kinds of things?" the way he says it was almost confrontational until he follows it up. "he gives the best responses, right? so cute, that guy."