94 posts
Niky Racz DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun4
Niky Racz
Singin in the Rain! (Open)
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 2:50:09 GMT
Niky Racz Avatar
Niky needed a break. The holidays had been stressful to say the least. Between the multitude of karens and his sister giving him hell...he was ready to just get out and relax a bit. At least his parents scolded his sis for her attitude. The blonde stepped out of Rustboro to the north to take advantage of the cliffs and the small beach. With him was his guitar and his over protective Larvesta, Sol. He set up a beach umbrella on a cliff overlooking the small beach, and took out a collapsable chair to sit down on. Taking out his guitar, he started strumming the instrument. It was starting to rain too. Good thing he had a hoodie on, and had Sol there to keep him warm.

The former idol soon started to bust out a song. One of his singles that he personally liked. Even when it was during a troublesome time of his life, it was something more people need to hear. Young men particularly. His sales and digital downloads on the song made Niky think other people wanted to know or hear it too. It got pretty popular at the time. But it was also something he liked to sing when he was feeling down. Perhaps to keep him from thinking that he shouldn't. Unbeknownst to him, the former idol had an audience beyond just Sol.

Spoiler has the song that he's singing.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Rivers
he/him/his
February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
119 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 16:32:43 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg1"]

[attr="class","header"]LIVE LIFE FOR YOU NOT FOR OTHERS

[attr="class","setting"]

He hated holidays. It had always just been a lonely experience for him. His dad had always had business at the time, so holidays had always been him spending his time alone in a hotel room. Years of that had led to him just not wanting to get out and about and just hole himself up in his house, ignoring his phone anytime it rang since he hadn’t wanted to talk to anyone.
[break][break]
Instead, he had just focused on practicing his dance routines. Trying to perfect a routine he had already perfected. His excuse would be that there was no such thing as practice. Not unless he was to collapse from exhaustion or something. Which he wasn’t usually careless enough to do.
[break][break]
Nebula had had enough of this though and had pawed at him until he had gotten out of bed that morning fairly early. Knowing the Absol wouldn’t stop, he had gotten ready for the day. Which had involved a quick shower and him getting dressed in his usual type of outfit, just with a rain jacket over it.
[break][break]
That had all been hours ago and now he was making his way through one of the routes close to Rustboro. It wasn’t lost on him that he probably wasn’t too far from Niky. He supposed he could swing by and see him. He just hoped he hadn’t been one of the ones trying to get ahold of him. He knew Mikael had been, since he had been close enough once to see his name come up.
[break][break]
The sound of music pulled him out of his thoughts, causing him to stop in surprise. The sound wasn’t far from him, so he wondered if he should go check it out. Before he could think too much on it, Nebula seemed to make that decision for him and started heading in that direction.
[break][break]
He stared after the Absol in surprise before hurrying after her. He was about ready to scold her when he noticed just who she was leading him to. Scolding momentarily forgotten, he stopped to listen to the older male play and sing.
[break][break]
“That was amazing,” he said with a smile before seeming to remember the reason he had come across the older male. Smiling falling off his face, he turned towards the Absol, giving her an annoyed look. “And you shouldn’t have run off like that,” he scolded.
[break][break]
Nebula, for her part, didn’t seem to be fazed by her owner's annoyance. Noticing this, Jade sighed before turning his attention back to Niky.
[break][break]
“I wasn’t expecting to run into you out here,” he told him, his gaze flickering briefly to the Larvesta who had subconsciously given a wide berth.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg1]position:relative; --accent:#5accd0; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/vm5txnzG/IMG-1564.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg1 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Nike
He/Him
December 1
Lilycove City
Homosexual
Music Retail Worker/DJ
Civilian
You May Say I'm a Dreamer, But I'm Not The Only One
awards
94 posts
Niky Racz DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun4
Niky Racz
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 19:36:46 GMT
Niky Racz Avatar
Niky was startled at the sudden speech. But soon relaxed when he saw who it was. Sol bristled and glared at the intruders, ready to unleash an Ember. Until Niky scritched her in the back of her head. Jade seemed annoyed at his own Absol, since it ran off. Probably attracted to his singing. The Absol was unfazed, even by Sol's intimidating glare. "Yeah, I needed to get out. The holidays had been...stressful. Karens, Karens everywhere. And my sister. Just really needed to get out. Just didn't think this weather would be part of it..." The umbrella wasn't made for rain, it was more meant to keep the sun away from him. But it still did the job. The blonde had hoped for a sunnier day.

"What brings you out here? Kind of a crappy day for a walk...or is that the fault of the Absol there?" Niky had his own crew that liked to go on their walks. Sol wasn't one of them, but she was also extremely protective. And had more than one occasion showed a shoplifter why they shouldn't try their shit at his store.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Rivers
he/him/his
February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
awards
119 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 19:26:32 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Startling him hadn't been his intention, and he gave him an apologetic look. He didn't pay much attention to the Larvesta, though, knowing Nebula would protect him if need be. Nebula was good about that, considering how protective of him he was.
[break][break]
As Niky went on to talk about Karens, he couldn't help but wince with sympathy. He had dealt with plenty of Karens in his life. Just not for the holiday. Or any holiday, really. Just some people he had met over the years who didn't approve of the way he was living his life.
[break][break]
"Sorry to hear that. Dealing with those types of people is never fun. I usually don't leave the house during holidays, so I haven't had the problem over the holiday," he told him. Nope, he had just been fairly lonely. But resigned to the way things were to do anything about it. Not that he was about to admit that to the older male. There were just some things a person didn't talk about.
[break][break]
As the question was returned to help, he couldn't help but shoot a glance towards Nebula.
[break][break]
"Nebula was itching to go for a walk," he said, ignoring the look Nebula shot him. It was as much of a pointed glare as a Pokémon could give.
[break][break]
A glare that some people gave to someone who wasn't being completely honest.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg1]position:relative; --accent:#5accd0; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/vm5txnzG/IMG-1564.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Nike
He/Him
December 1
Lilycove City
Homosexual
Music Retail Worker/DJ
Civilian
awards
94 posts
Niky Racz DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun4
Niky Racz
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 1:42:20 GMT
Niky Racz Avatar
Niky laughed a little. "Sometimes it isn't. But sometimes it is a little fun. Especially when they start calling for the manager and I get to tell them that I am the manager...and the owner. I can have a little bit of fun with some of them. Others...not so much. But that's also why I have Sol here. Besides as a shoplifter deterrant." It can be great. Thankfully, he didn't have to use force himself, but he had had to call the cops a time or two. Or had the cops called on him, only for the tables to turn. But the holidays with no family or friends? "That sounds lonely...don't you have any friends that would be glad to have you over?" Perhaps it was him prying a bit. But if Jade wanted to tell him, he'd do so. Otherwise the man can avoid it or be blunt about preferring to be alone during this time of year.

The look the Absol gave him made Niky raise an eyebrow. "Well, that look from Nebula says something a little different. Well, not that it's any of my business. How about another song? This one was a duet between my sis and I, but could be done with just a single person." It was a more upbeat song, and typically done with a piano instead of a guitar. But could be a good pivot to a different conversation.

Other Song (Maps cover)

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Rivers
he/him/his
February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
awards
119 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 2:24:45 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

The comment brought a laugh out of him. "You should definitely, one time, turn around when they ask for the manager like you're going to go get the manager before turning around and letting them know you are the manager. I bet the look on their face would be priceless."
[break][break]
His attention would momentarily go to the Larvesta. The fact that she helped her owner was great but... "Have you ever had anyone shoplift because they had fallen on hard times and needed the money they could get from reselling it?" he asked curiously.
[break][break]
He had heard many tales of homeless kids. Tales that just tore his heart apart. What must it be like to struggle to feed yourself?
[break][break]
At the comment, he nodded. "Well yeah, but they all have families of their own and I wouldn't want to impose. Besides, I'm used to it. My father always had business meetings during the holidays."
[break][break]
Though just because he was used to it didn't mean it didn't hurt. He longed to be around others for what was usually a happy time. But since he didn't want people to worry about him, he usually acted all nonchalant about the whole ordeal, like it didn't bother him.
[break][break]
Talking about his emotions wasn't his forte. His dad had never been the affectionate sort, and while he could be affectionate when the time called for it, he had never gotten the hang of communicating his feelings.
[break][break]
So no, he wouldn't be telling Niky he had been depressed. Besides, guys just didn't do stuff like that.
[break][break]
"She can look at me anyway she wants. I've said my piece," he said, glancing over at Nebula.
[break][break]
At the mention of another song, he nodded. "That would be great," he would say as he got ready to listen to another song. And once it was over he would clap. "That was great, does your sister often sing duets with you?" he would ask as he remembered that he had said he had song this song with his sister originally.[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Nike
He/Him
December 1
Lilycove City
Homosexual
Music Retail Worker/DJ
Civilian
awards
94 posts
Niky Racz DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun4
Niky Racz
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 5:37:49 GMT
Niky Racz Avatar
Niky gave the man a mischievious grin. "Oh, I have. I should show you some of my do not serve list faces. There's a good amount of them that are hilarious." And it either kills the so called conversation or cause them to go absolutely berserk. It's great. Until they bring up him being a cripple. Then he gets pissed. But Jade didn't need to know that. "No. Stealing is stealing. I'd think differently if they were stealing food, but a record or CD? Or trying to con and pirate a digital download? Any more, music is relatively cheap to buy. And people aren't willing to pay all that much for it. Especially when digital downloads allows you to choose which songs from an album to pay for. If you're that desperate, you can earn that paycheck legitimately by stocking my shelves, cleaning, or any other task that needs doing. I've yet to have one that's legitimately stealing records to resell and earn money due to hard times." Why take such a risk? You're no good to anyone behind bars. It was a little bit of a tangent.

"Sounds like they don't care. You're a part of their family, surely they can include you in. Your father notwithstanding." The blonde had heard enough of that boomer. Guy's not going to have anyone to look after him when he's old. Jade, on the other hand, needed someone. Niky couldn't help but chuckle a little at the comment about Nebula. The man didn't mind. And once he was done, Jade was again enamored. "It was more often when we were younger. That one was more recent. Most of our collabs are instrumentals. There was an event where we did something like that. Did covers of popular songs utilizing orchestra instruments. That was a blast." He had great fun with it. Shame he couldn't grab a high end date out of that event...

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Rivers
he/him/his
February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
awards
119 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 1:35:23 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Sounds interesting," he agreed, thinking about how people might react to not being served. Some people just needed to be humbled. As far as he was concerned, the saying 'the customer is always right' wasn't always accurate, especially if said customer acted like the store workers were servants.
[break][break]
He supposed he had a point. Still, he wondered if it was always that simple. Sometimes the reasons behind someone's actions weren't always clear. "I suppose so, but I feel bad if it's a kid," he said at last. Kids ruining their lives over things like that just had a way of making him feel bad.
[break][break]
When his family was mentioned not caring, he winced slightly. "I think my dad had a falling out with his side of the family when he got my mom pregnant when they weren't married, or at least that's what my dad told me. So I never met either side of my family," he told the older male with a small shrug. He didn't really care; he had left that life behind him.
[break][break]
Deciding not to dwell on it too much, he instead listened to the song by the older male. As Niky answered his question, he listened to what she had to say. "Sounds like good bonding moments. Makes me wish I had a sibling of my own."[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Nike
He/Him
December 1
Lilycove City
Homosexual
Music Retail Worker/DJ
Civilian
awards
94 posts
Niky Racz DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun4
Niky Racz
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 0:58:56 GMT
Niky Racz Avatar
"The kids get a slap on the wrist, as do first time offenders. If they're repeat offenders, maybe get to go to juvie to try to straighten them out. So don't feel too bad for them. They're not ruining their lives yet." He could see the wheels turning at that comment. Kids are protected to an extent. Depending on the kid, Niky would be open to having them work at his shop. They got to learn that actions have consequences. And the sooner they learn that, the better off in life they might be.

From the sounds of it, Jade's extended family was as toxic as his dad. Or maybe his dad got toxic because of them. Whatever the case, Jade had left that life, and was on his way on making it.

Jade then mentioned about wishing he had a sibling of his own. "It's not all good news. Like I said, she was a bit much recently. And is part of why I was out here. She wants to go back to being a full time artist with her. Like, I can do small sprints on performances, but the schedule wouldn't allow me to recover after each one. She doesn't understand just how badly my injury got me. Even after the surgeries. I know she cares, but I'm doing quite fine the way things are at the moment. I don't need her harrassment and BS..." He loved his sister, he really did, but sometimes it was like talking to some Karens.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Rivers
he/him/his
February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
awards
119 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 15:00:37 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He supposed that was good. Still, for a kid to resort to stealing, that was still hard. Either the parents weren’t parenting their child, weren’t being treated well, or were orphans. I couldn’t really picture someone coming from a loving home as being a thief, not unless they grew up entitled, and even then, that was a bit of a stretch.
[break][break]
“It’s good they don’t immediately get shipped off to Juvie or jail,” he said at last.
[break][break]
Still, he couldn’t shake the feeling that children stealing spoke of a troubled upbringing. It wasn’t a topic he really knew how to broach. Sure, he spoke of his less than pleasant upbringing, but that didn’t mean he really knew how to talk about it.
[break][break]
Growing up, he had been torn between wanting a sibling and not wanting one. A sibling would’ve meant having someone to talk to. However, a sibling would’ve just been someone else for his dad to be disappointed in. Someone else for his father to deride.
[break][break]
If he wasn't absolutely sure his father wasn’t fond of children, he might have imagined a sibling being the child his father wanted. This imaginary sibling got all his father's attention while he got none. However, he was well aware that wouldn’t happen.
[break][break]
So while part of him had wanted a sibling, a much bigger part of him realized it was a good thing he didn’t.
[break][break]
As he mentioned his sister trying to pressure him into returning to show business, he couldn’t help but wince. He knew what it was like to be pressured. His father had done it all the time. Always trying to pressure him into conforming to what he thought was best.
[break][break]
“Sorry to hear that; it’s not nice to be pressured. Though I doubt your sister is doing it for malicious reasons, I’m assuming you had a real hard time after the accident,” he said, the last part being said a bit hesitantly.
[break][break]
He wasn’t trying to pry. However, he did have a bit of a theory on why his sister might be trying to pressure him into returning to his singing career.[break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Nike
He/Him
December 1
Lilycove City
Homosexual
Music Retail Worker/DJ
Civilian
awards
94 posts
Niky Racz DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun4
Niky Racz
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 1:53:54 GMT
Niky Racz Avatar
He did sigh at the point. Jade was right. About it all. "I know she's not doing it maliciously. She wants me to supposedly stop moping around and do something. I've had my fun, however short lived it was." Niky gave a small, if genuine smile at the beach and waters in front of them. "I had severe depression afterwards. A few songs came to mind during it. Some of which were best hitters. Including the first one you listened to. Getting Pokemon did help with that, and I was able to work through it." It was tough, but he didn't feel like a superhero or anything like that. He was lucky to have caring friends and family that helped him through it. Gave him a starter team more or less of rare pokemon that he liked. Not everyone was that lucky...not everyone accepts and moves on. Some...give up completely.

"But enough about depressing things. I survived, and I moved on, working with my own limits. She'll simmer down, I may challenge her to a Pokemon battle, just to see what happens. Maybe making a bet about it. I don't know. Moving on..." He checked his cell phone for the time. It'd already been a while. But he also didn't want to go back yet. "When you're down, do you have a song or routine to cheer yourself up?" Ugh...he did not just ask that. So much for wanting to move on to happier times.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights